URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 380
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Tarick Salmaci's open letter to Joey Gilbert"

Posted by the_sweet_science on 08-23-05 at 11:31 PM
I think it's safe to say Tarick wants a piece of Joey Gilbert!

August 23, 2005 - Joey Gilbert and myself were contestants on NBCs "The Contender". I spent day in and day out with Joey and got to know him and all the other boxers on a personal level. They were a great bunch of guys to be around. I can honestly say that being on that show was the best time of my life. I keep in touch with some of the guys to this day. Out of all the guys, there is one that I really want to fight. His name is Joey "The Con Man" Gilbert. Why do I say The Con Man? Because that is exactly what he did. He conned everybody on that show, including the producers. I give him props for that and never hated on him because of it. That show was a game. A game to win a million dollars and he played it to his best interests. So I don't blame him for doing that, although I would never sacrifice my manhood to get as far as I can on the show. That is what Joey did. All those injuries he says he sustained on the show were lies, and he knows it. Like I said, he conned everybody so he didn't have to fight for as long as he could....

Read the entire letter here:

http://www.boxingtalk.net/pages/free4894.htm

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Tarick Salmaci's open letter to Joey Gilbert"
Posted by 3twinkles on 08-24-05 at 11:54 AM
All I have to say is Right on Tarick! It is about time someone called him out. I never liked that guy from the beginning I thought he was faking everything. Tarick if it makes you feel better his acting was not that great...I too found it very odd that he was supposedly hurt but yet he had no problem with the challenges. I laughed when Jesse Brinkley blew the dust in his face. haha.

I also thought the other fighters calling him a "baby stallone" was a big stretch. Stallone is someone who made a name for himself on his own merit from absolutely nothing...unlike Joey who has done nothing but butt kiss stallone and also Joey came from a family where he was a superstar and pretty much had everything handed to him on a silver platter. People forget that he is a lawyer and he is used to playing games and lying convincingly. In fact I thought it was so funny that he was throwing such a temper tantrum when anthony picked brent. Joey all but threw himself down on the floor kicking and screaming when he KNEW about it ahead of time. haha.

Sorry hope I don't offend anyone but out of all the fighters on this show he is the one I disliked the most and never believed was injured for a second. I did not think he was that great of a fighter either.

If he was a real man like he says...then he would stand up and fight Tarick..but Joey is no fool..he knows he would get an ##### kicking if he did.

ok there is my two cents I am sure I will not have any fans of this post lol.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-24-05 at 02:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

Tarick is over the hill. Tarick should just hang up his gloves for good. You can tell he wanted too after appearing on the show but between the time the show filmed and aired he just couldn't retire. Joey would kick his butt.

What Tarick is trying to do is get on the Contender undercard for October 15th. It aint going to work. Tarick crammed the undercard ballets for the Contender Finale. He'll do anything it takes to get any fight. Joey must be the only fighter left that he sees that might be willing to fight. Personally if I were Joey I would take Taricks challenge and another easy victory. But then that would make Tarick the happiest man in the world, because all he wants is another payday.

I went on to read Taricks open letter to Joey. He says that he won the fight against Jimmy Lange and everyone knows it. That he looked better in the fight against Jimmy then he did against Juan. He must of fought Jimmy twice because Jimmy won the fight I saw and both of them looked terrible. It's all stupid fight talk.

In my opinion Tarick should fight Brent Cooper for the title of the worst fighter on Season 1.

Posted by xsmarine on 08-24-05 at 04:35 PM
All I can say is what is tarick maybe you should call up joey and tell him that to his face. Joey would beat him just as bad as juan did. tarick has no defense or offense. his tactic is the rope a dope but for some reason cant figure out the attacking part. my sister would mop the floor with tarick. enough said.