URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 380
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Larissa and Gil are still together! Or are they really???"

Posted by carolina girl on 03-02-04 at 08:39 AM
Okay, I just saw the Today Show, and L and G were on there, holding hands, saying they were still together! They said the ending looked like he was leaving her, but it was just really the end of their time there....they said they talk everyday, and she said that in Ft. Laud., he left her a note telling his "true, deep feelings" for her!

NBC does it again!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Larissa and Gil are still together! Or are they really???"
Posted by carolina girl on 03-02-04 at 08:42 AM
oh, and they said that they have been in touch with Brian, and apparently he is quite the babe magnet now! Go Brian!

Posted by Mowliemowliemowlie on 03-02-04 at 07:20 PM
On the online chat with Brian today, however he gave the impression he had not talked with them.

http://www.boston.com/ae/

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-04-04 at 03:50 AM
That's true. Brian also said that he couldn't date anyone until the show was officially over, so that makes two things where Brian contradicts their story.

Hmmmmm .... Shall I believe Larissa and Gil or shall I believe Brain? lol

Brian of course!

Posted by s_carolinaguy on 03-02-04 at 09:17 AM
I saw it, too. I'm not surprised that Gil chose to write her a note to tell her his feelings were true. The guy couldn't come right out and say anything to her face, so he took the road most middle-school guys take and wrote her a note! Ha. She chose wrong, big time.

"Gil can write?"
Posted by Gina99 on 03-02-04 at 10:07 AM
I wonder if he spelled 'Larissa' and 'Fabio' correctly in that note

"Larissa can read?"
Posted by tig_ger on 03-02-04 at 12:48 PM
Sorry...couldn't resist.

A Kyngsladye Original

Posted by SilverStar on 03-02-04 at 10:27 AM
Then why was she crying and talking about how much it hurt to be dumped if it was just the end of their vacation together?? That doesn't make any sense.
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA

Posted by mmm_link on 03-02-04 at 10:45 AM
Well, they are both actors. I mean no one actually believes Demi and Ashton as a couple, do they?

Posted by AZ_Leo on 03-02-04 at 11:06 AM
Although I did notice that as soon as she thought the cameras were off her she pulled her hand away and leaned in the other direction. Then she realized they were still on so she moved her hand next to him again.

"Video Link to Today Show"
Posted by KScott on 03-02-04 at 12:37 PM
http://msnvideo.msn.com/video/default.aspx?prepend=62378dec-21db-4afa-8f76-d68b6de855d6,919edacc-e319-4e0e-9e3c-fe95ad9901c1,e613af9a-776d-479c-93b4-d37a5667449b,799d30a7-724f-45a3-a62c-c6c8ca634ff6&autostart=0&menu=News&menuItem=NBC%20News

On the left side click on the Entertainment tab and then the Entertainment News tab. You will then need to click on their video and then watch.

"RE: Video Link to Today Show"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-02-04 at 08:52 PM
Thank you KScott. I had to modify the link to get it to work for me:

http://msnvideo.msn.com/video

My reaction?? Well.... How do I say this kindly.... Larissa is such a liar that I have difficulty believing anything she says (that was the kind version). Also, did she say "like" like twenty times, like, wow, like how many times can someone like say like?

"RE: Like ...."
Posted by Howard Dean on 03-02-04 at 09:29 PM
I noticed that when I was writing episode summaries of Average Joe 2 for this bulletin board.

*Unbelievable* the number of times that girl uses the word like!

As for lying, I think either she is lying or the whole thing about Gil leaving become of Fabio is a lie.

Either story is unbelievably insane!

Posted by Gina99 on 03-03-04 at 08:06 PM
I actually started counting the 'likes' and lost track. I think the reason we all noticed is that throughout the show she was so poised and rehearsed and well-spoken that she wasn't being herself. She was always in 'Miss America mode', answering the questions perfectly, posing appropriately, modeling her swimsuit, of course I am still trying to figure out her talent....

Posted by sz77 on 03-04-04 at 01:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-04 AT 01:58 AM (EST)

like -- people, she only said 'like' like 21 times, unless i like, counted wrong. *giggles* It's like not that many likes. *smacks gum* Like, oh my god, you people are like sooo overcritical!! *twirls hair*

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-05-04 at 01:26 AM

They don't have a talent portion in Miss USA. That's Miss America. Had she needed a talent, I'm sure she could have used art. But acting wouldn't have worked, given her unconvincing performance with Gil on the Today Show

> I am still trying
>to figure out her talent....
>

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-02-04 at 11:29 PM
Every so often an article comes out in the magazines about which reality show couples are still together and which ones aren't. I'll be looking forward to see what they have to say about these two, because I don't belive they're really still together

Posted by mmm_link on 03-03-04 at 08:02 AM
She needs to dump Gil (before he dumps her again) and get her career back on track.

Posted by LeftPinky on 03-04-04 at 09:27 AM
She has a career?

On the Today show, she was hanging on to Gil - not the other way around. I don't believe that there is anything between the two of them... may the ride off into their own sunsets... SOON!

created by the amazing JSlice!

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-04-04 at 02:10 AM
I recorded the Matt Lauer interveiw and believe they deserve each other. To think there is a reality couple w/ less carisma the Trista Ren and that sad firefighter guy. Im glad they wont be on TV anymore cause they suck on camera. And also Matt Lauer gives the weakest interviewer! He never saw a fram of the show! He gets piad millions of $$$ to ask questions interns put together! Im gald this forum is annonomus cause I could never reveal to anyone I spent electricity recording AND watching that interview...you will keep this between us ...right?

BTW: Gil wanted to be an actor? The guy can even finish a complete sentence. Fabio! could at least finish a scentence.

Posted by Gina99 on 03-04-04 at 10:25 AM
Awww..come on. Gil used the term 'preconceived notion' in a sentence in the last episode and during the interview! Do you think Larissa told him what it meant?

Posted by jeff_1868 on 03-05-04 at 10:05 AM
Larissa & Gil are still together. I have known Gil for a number of years and I was finally able to speak with him the other day. He still cannot tell me much, due to silence contracts from NBC. But, I can tell you that they are together & have been flying to see each other often since the end of filming. The real reason he was mad when finding out about Fabio is b/c he was sure that it was another twist in the show and that he would have to "battle" Fabio for Larissa. With everything that had happened with the show, he thought there was going to be something else.

It's funny to read forums about someone you know and laugh at how others perceive someone. I was even shocked at his behavior. What you saw on TV was not Gil. He is far from shy and not being able to express his feelings. After hearing the behind the sconces, I believe Reality TV is VERY far from "reality."

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-05-04 at 05:44 PM

An article in TV Guide said that Larissa and the guy she chose could not see one another at all until the series had been shown, because if they were seen together that would give away the ending.

> But, I can tell
>you that they are together
>& have been flying to
>see each other often since
>the end of filming.

Posted by escapedude on 03-05-04 at 06:35 PM
Im sure she has a contractual agreement to appear with gil for a certain amount of times/appearances..

Posted by ladro on 03-05-04 at 09:50 PM
agreed. In other words, "jeff" is full of hot air.

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-07-04 at 01:36 AM
I must say, while it does seem reasonable that Larissa and the guy she chooses are probably obligated to appear together a certain number of times after the show is done -- if true it seems to be yet another example of how phony and unreal many of these so called "reality" shows can be.

If the romance is over, then just be honest about it. Why manufacture a lie for publicity purposes? People are going to find out the truth sooner or later. Silly!