URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37994
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"It starts again tomorrow."

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-17-13 at 09:48 AM
Canada's national full on contact sport starts the blood-letting once again for the 27th year tomorrow - and, no, I'm not referring to hockey (or even lacrosse).

Prizes this year include Toyota Rav4s, MasterCard cash cards, BBQs, and the usual swag of free goodies.

See y'all in about five or six weeks. *puts on body armour suit and mouth guard*

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: It starts again tomorrow."
Posted by Estee on 02-17-13 at 10:43 AM
At least people actually win something from this game. Something which isn't Medium Fries.

Just curious -- do you grab discarded cups to see if no one's rolled up the rim? Or (unlike contests in the States) is it futile because everything has been rolled, peeled, inspected, and generally used onto loss?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-17-13 at 11:33 AM
I don't but there have been lawsuits over who owned a certain cup where one person threw it out and someone else found it and got a prize. A few years ago, a 12 year old threw out a cup and a 10 year old (I may have the ages switched) found it and it turned out to be a car. A lawsuit ensued and the judge ruled along with Tims that the prize is always to be awarded to the one that turns in the cup for redemption. Now, the once-close families dont talk to each other and they rejected a chance to split the car's monetary value in half, choosing to fight it out in court.

Finders keepers and losers weepers, but I know that if I win something, nobody in the world is going to know until after I take it in for redemption so armed hordes won't be beating down my door.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-17-13 at 11:41 AM
Through work, I've met some lottery winners (not jackpots but prizes between $10,000 and $250,000) and strangely several work in convenience stores that sell lottery tickets.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-18-13 at 02:05 PM
Yeah there was a big issue about that happening up here as well, then the laws were changed so that store owners and their families are not able to win. Nowadays, the lottery corporation conduct investigations to determine if there's a link between winners and the store where they bought the ticket.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-18-13 at 07:38 PM
I think it happens more often than people realize. I see people in convenience stores stores hand over tickets and ask the clerk to check them all the time.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-18-13 at 09:27 PM
Yep. One of the things that Ontario recently put into place last year was that all tickets must be signed before they are given to the retailer to be checked - the retailer isn't supposed to check without a signature. Not perfect, but it's a start.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-18-13 at 02:06 PM
Pene - first cup of coffee, #boom, free coffee won.

I? Have yet to get to a Timmy's.

Posted by Estee on 02-18-13 at 04:21 PM
Meanwhile, I just found out I have a McDonald's peel-and-play three weeks from now, connected to the tourney. And that's all I know. They're advertising on one of MCR's contest pages, so I'm hoping bonus points is the last-place prize again. Beyond that -- well, it looks like the piece is on Medium Fries instead of winning them...

*shrug* I don't think I'm going to SASE mail-entry this one. Not that I have an address yet.

"There's an outside chance"
Posted by IceCat on 02-19-13 at 06:05 AM
That I will be one of the investors who brings Timmys to Saudia.

"and 5 Guys Burgers"
Posted by IceCat on 02-19-13 at 06:06 AM

"RE: and 5 Guys Burgers"
Posted by Estee on 02-19-13 at 09:08 AM
I'd ask if you'll forget us when you're a billionaire, but I'm sure you already have.