URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37977
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Tuesday Gripe Time"

Posted by Molaholic on 02-05-13 at 12:59 PM
Or maybe it should be in the "imponderable" category. I'll let the OT vox populii make that call.

I was just on the phone with a fully automated system (granted, it has nice voice activated format), to no avail. There was no access (as far as I could determine) to anything with a pulse to meet my customer need. But my question to the group is this -- why would this nation-wide corporation have their "Listener Care" service have limited service hours? (8:00AM - 11:00PM ET). If there's nobody there to go home at night, why close??

Grumble...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Tuesday Gripe Time"
Posted by agman on 02-05-13 at 01:18 PM
I'm not sure which is more frustrating, an automated system, or a live person who's accent is so thick you can't understand a word they say!

Posted by kingfish on 02-05-13 at 01:32 PM
I have no patience with either.

I also don't answer "Unidentified Callers", and when I do answer, I hang up if there is an interval before someone comes on the line.

And, after filling my assigned quota of automatically blocked calls, I have turned my answering machine off. I am on the do not call registry, and I renew yearly, but some of those calls still get thru.

Posted by cahaya on 02-05-13 at 01:53 PM
I know that some people who call me find this frustrating, but I leave my AT&T U-verse voice mailbox unlistened to and unanswered. If you call and I pick up the phone, we'll talk, the old-fashioned way. If you don't know me personally, we won't talk.

The most recent call was a guy calling for some right-to-life organization and as soon as he asked me if I was pro-life or not, I bid him good evening and good bye.

Posted by agman on 02-05-13 at 02:42 PM
I hang up immediately on those calls that say "Hold for an important message from..."

Posted by cahaya on 02-05-13 at 03:39 PM
Hah! Hold on to what, may I ask?

Posted by agman on 02-05-13 at 03:50 PM
I'm sure that would depend upon one's gender!

Posted by cahaya on 02-05-13 at 04:26 PM
Hah! Youuu...!

Smurfy snowy holiday present by agman

Us guys!

"Have you tried this?"
Posted by Estee on 02-05-13 at 04:05 PM
http://gethuman.com/

"RE: Have you tried this?"
Posted by cahaya on 02-05-13 at 05:23 PM
Get customer service faster and easier!

Uh, huh, go ahead and tell us about it!

Posted by jbug on 02-05-13 at 05:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-13 AT 05:28 PM (EST)

I like the ones that say "this call is being recorded for training purposes" or some such.

I say "I sure hope so" and I hope you can hear in my voice how upset or angry I am.

oops: ETA
free siggies over in Survivor Bashers