URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37961
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Advice to the elderly? "Hurry up and die""

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-23-13 at 02:59 PM
Perhaps the honourable minister might be willing to volunteer to demonstrate how effectively this idea might work?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/hurry-up-and-die-japans-finance-minister-tells-nations-elderly/article7643799/

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Advice to the elderly? "Hurry up and die""
Posted by Estee on 01-23-13 at 04:00 PM
Logan-san?

Well, try to look at the bright side. Maybe this marks the death knell of reverence for the elderly in Japanese culture, but the GOP just picked up a definitive cure for the Social Security problem!

You know, as long as we define 'elderly' to mean 'people who actually need their Social Security money'. Anything else would be uncivilized.

I'm assuming finance minister isn't an elected position. Pity, really. That means when he winds up keeping his job, he'll miss out on all the magnificent political opportunities which just opened up for him in America.

I hear Florida's looking for an upgrade at governor.

Posted by AyaK on 01-24-13 at 00:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-13 AT 00:31 AM (EST)

This is how left-wing disinformation propagates.

The death panels were Obama's idea -- but here is someone I would have expected to know better trying to attribute them as a GOP idea.

Low-information voters actually believe this nonsense, and the end result is that one of the stinkiest presidents in U.S. history -- appropriately named B.O. -- gets re-elected.

I don't believe there have ever been two worse back-to-back two-terms presidents in U.S. history than Bush and Obama. And low-information voters helped both of them.

"Time out."
Posted by Estee on 01-24-13 at 08:57 AM
*holds up cigar*

This is a cigar.

It is nothing more or less than a cigar.

Furthermore, I had to borrow it.

Dark Social Security crisis joke based in the economic drain Japan claims to be going through. That's all.

Also, I believe a GOP death panel is convening in the House right now. Let me know if Ms. Clinton gets voted to the afterlife.

And here I thought death panels were Rupert Murdoch's idea. Live and unlearn.

"*hurries*"
Posted by moonbaby on 01-23-13 at 04:31 PM
*thud*

Posted by dabo on 01-23-13 at 07:56 PM
What form of seppuku does he advise?

I'm assuming he's a very traditional Japanese, thinks of suicide as an honorable thing, and this report about the drop in the suicide rate (though still among the highest in the world) was probably very upsetting.

Posted by Starshine on 01-23-13 at 08:03 PM

Posted by newsomewayne on 01-23-13 at 09:31 PM
I guess it's okay to campaign, but as a Japanese citizen, is he even eligible for Kathleen Sibelelius' job?

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

Posted by Estee on 01-23-13 at 09:37 PM
Let him start off small. Say, governor of California. We know he's eligible for that.

"Not a Chance"
Posted by foonermints on 01-24-13 at 00:48 AM
Governor Moonbeam can't die. Just gets ressurected.

I think you should be familiar with the story.