URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37943
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Plane crashed near my house"

Posted by Snidget on 01-16-13 at 11:08 AM
Just a small one, and I didn't hear the thump. Seems like the pilot was avoiding residential areas and crashed it into a softball field.

It was flying to New Jersey, with interoffice mail. Really, it is cheaper to own a plane and fly it from office to office than just mail it? I mean it likely is faster if they fly every day, but I just didn't know corporations flew their mail around from office to office.

Deck the Halls with Sigs of Tribe

Table of contents
  • RE: Plane crashed near my house,kingfish, 11:37 AM, 01-16-13
    • RE: Plane crashed near my house,Snidget, 01:04 PM, 01-16-13
  • RE: Plane crashed near my house,byoffer, 12:16 PM, 01-16-13
    • RE: Plane crashed near my house,jbug, 03:42 PM, 01-16-13
      • RE: Plane crashed near my house,agman, 03:44 PM, 01-16-13
  • RE: Plane crashed near my house,kingfish, 03:38 PM, 01-16-13
    • RE: Plane crashed near my house,Snidget, 03:51 PM, 01-16-13
  • RE: Plane crashed near my house,Estee, 04:05 PM, 01-16-13
    • Hmmmmm,Snidget, 06:53 PM, 01-16-13
  • RE: Plane crashed near my house,PepeLePew13, 09:12 PM, 01-16-13
  • !,moonbaby, 10:08 PM, 01-16-13
    • RE: !,Snidget, 00:14 AM, 01-17-13

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Plane crashed near my house"
Posted by kingfish on 01-16-13 at 11:37 AM
That does seem odd. Especially if it was a prop plane? Even a single engine?

A jet would have made a real noticable mess, and a twin engine should have also made a noise that would have grabbed your attention.

Unless you were inside with Honey Boo Boo turned up?

Posted by Snidget on 01-16-13 at 01:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-16-13 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-16-13 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

I was dozing (sounds like 6 am) and the pictures look like it broke up a lot, so I'm surprised I didn't hear something, but maybe I was in a good dream and I do sometime just add the noise into the dream rather than wake up.

ETA: Single engine Turbo prop, and it did wake the neighborhood up.

http://www.wral.com/plane-crashes-near-residential-area-in-burlignton/11985258/

ETAA: More reports from neighbors, from the engine sounds they think he was looking for open space to land in.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/top-news/crash-kills-one-residents-hail-pilot-as-hero-1.79645?tc=cr

There aren't a lot of open places in my town, a lot of trees and pretty narrow roads. They life-flight a fair number of people from the field next to the church around the corner as there isn't a lot of road traffic, but it is easy to get to from some main roads and there aren't any fences to hit and lots of space away from wires in that location.

Posted by byoffer on 01-16-13 at 12:16 PM
At least it wasn't a helicopter in a considerably more populated area.

Posted by jbug on 01-16-13 at 03:42 PM
anyone seen Starshine today?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by agman on 01-16-13 at 03:44 PM
Not so far but then again, I haven't been looking.

Posted by kingfish on 01-16-13 at 03:38 PM
And I agree that it seems odd that they would use a small plane to deliver interoffice mail from NC to NJ. Especially in this day and age of email. Even Faxes would be more efficient.

Cash deliveries?

If they did it that way because they felt that those communications were especially confidential, then this crash might be a wake up call. Except, of course for the pilot.

Posted by Snidget on 01-16-13 at 03:51 PM
It is one of the largest companies that does medical testing, but usually confidential medical info can go through the US mail, other services like fed-ex or fax. Some places will do email, but others don't, I think it depends on how secure your network is and if you are subject to public disclosure laws for your email or not.

If they had pieces parts that had to go to another lab that could be a real problem for those that would need to be re-biopsied, and a lot of that kind of stuff does go by courier, at least locally. I assumed more so they can make sure anything that has to stay in a narrow range of environmental conditions gets delivered before it gets too warm or cold or whatever.

Posted by Estee on 01-16-13 at 04:05 PM
Snidget Darko?

"Hmmmmm"
Posted by Snidget on 01-16-13 at 06:53 PM
*wikis*

Opt 1 a Serbian professional basketball player who last played for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association (NBA).

hmmmmm

Opt 2 a troubled teenager living in Middlesex, Virginia, is awakened and led outside by a figure in a monstrous rabbit costume, who introduces himself as "Frank"

*reads further*

until Donnie finds himself in bed on the morning of October 2. The jet engine crashes through his room, killing him.

Yikes!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-16-13 at 09:12 PM
Didn't the FAA already warn you about using your green laser pointer on planes flying over your house?

"!"
Posted by moonbaby on 01-16-13 at 10:08 PM
That's pretty scary-and you must be a pretty sound sleeper!

"RE: !"
Posted by Snidget on 01-17-13 at 00:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-13 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

I tried to drive by there after work, but they still have the road all full of various assorted cop cars and Red Cross Tents and various other what-not.

I wasn't the only one trying to take a drive by there after work, either.

Either they need to be set up that far away or they'd rather be on solid ground (it has been drizzling for a couple of days) and there is worry about jet fuel so that may add to the distance they have to keep to set up.

ETA: You would think I would have heard this...