URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37921
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"OT has a few embarrassing pictures hidden away."

Posted by Estee on 01-04-13 at 01:08 PM
To honor Rex Ryan's daring experiment in long-term tattoo regret, name something you did to your appearance -- and really wish you hadn't.

Take comfort that no front pages will be involved.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: OT has a few embarrassing pictures hidden away."
Posted by cahaya on 01-04-13 at 01:27 PM
This.

Posted by Estee on 01-04-13 at 03:31 PM
You regrettably almost cut your hair?

Posted by cahaya on 01-04-13 at 03:59 PM
So many times, I almost cut my hair (to please the parents, some peers, and the rulers and minions of the Establishment) and didn't. Hmmm, yeah, thinking back on it, there were some regrets there.

But then, the time came when I had to look respectable working for The Corporation that... I did.

I look good either way, actually. I look 10 years younger than I am with short hair and a clean shave, but I look wiser and more my age with the longer hair and full beard.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-04-13 at 05:14 PM
I think linking us to rock stars is cheating. How about some real photos?

HandTooled by SpotTheDifference

Posted by cahaya on 01-04-13 at 06:58 PM
An old, old university ID pic...

Yeah, man!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-04-13 at 07:25 PM
Holy cow. You do did look like your siggie!

I looked like mine, too, before my vanity got to me.

Phylled by Tribe

Siggie has better hair.

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-04-13 at 11:53 PM
That was you?

Posted by cahaya on 01-05-13 at 01:05 AM
Hah! You're the only person in OT to meet me, and you ask me this! Yeah, I look different now (and when we met) than the long-haired freaky people I once was, but I'm still a freaky people, regardless of hair length.

We should meet up again soon, it's been a while.

Posted by agman on 01-08-13 at 09:18 PM
>
>

Holy carp, You have a Neil Diamond look about you in that picture!!!!!!!!....

Cracklin' Cahaya git on board............

Posted by Estee on 01-04-13 at 01:28 PM
I once decided to try life as a blonde.

(I know, but my appearance is already improbable: how much more unlikely would that hue be?)

I quickly discovered, in order:

1. I don't react well to the chemicals used in hair coloring. It wasn't so much scalp trouble as the stench: I spent half the time in the chair desperately trying to either get out of it or rotate to the sink, and finally just asked for a bucket on standby. This has turned out to be a more or less permanent issue and I usually have to clear the room when someone's applying a treatment.

2. Red to yellow? Is not the easiest or quickest transition in the colorist lexicon. Things were done to my hair which are outlawed in most Third World nations for cruelty. I found a call to Amnesty International on my phone: I'm pretty sure that was made by the backfall...

3. The end results were -- "blackmail material" is a good choice here. Or blondemail material. Let's just say that all the pictures I know about have been destroyed and if there's any others, I will learn about them the next time someone needs a ride to the airport or worse, up through and including body removal.

4. The transition back (which was allowed to take place naturally because one extended toxin exposure was enough) included hues only seen in sunsets over leaking nuclear power plants.

5. I did not have more fun.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-04-13 at 05:13 PM
I'm going to send out my people to find the remaining photos. I think they'd make great siggie material --- for all of us.

HandTooled by SpotTheDifference

I know about the stench. Some barber used hair straightener on my bangs (my curls were in weird places). Stunk for days and burnt my skin.

Posted by Snidget on 01-04-13 at 07:53 PM
*nods*

Fortunately I had and older and wiser red-headed person who explained the process to me when I was young and impressionable.

With the warning that if I did it, never, ever, for any reason, look at the mirror after they strip all the red out of it and before they put the blond in.

Stark white is not really a good look for anyone.

My hair is also just barely too thick to avoid being baby fine. I don't think it would survive the chemicals and keeping a just shy of buzz cut hair really blonde is way more time in the shop than I want to spend.

I figure when nature strips the last of the red out of my hair by itself I might try blond if I don't like the white/grey, but it looks like I may have gotten gramps' gorgeous shade of silver so I may not want to cover that back up once it comes in all the way.

"Exactamundo."
Posted by foonermints on 01-04-13 at 11:49 PM

Good thing Sandee is a natural redhead. Me? I'll be lucky not to look like Friar Tuck in a another decade.

"RE: Exactamundo."
Posted by cahaya on 01-05-13 at 01:34 AM
Hair? What hair?

Ragtop Ride by foonermints

You hairy dude.

Posted by bondt007 on 01-05-13 at 03:09 AM
...what, no photo?

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-04-13 at 05:10 PM
Mine was accidental. It was the 70s, I wanted my hair a little curlier, but the stylist gave me an afro. She thought it looked great, I never went back. I didn't want to shave my head, so I waited for it to grow a bit before cutting it back. Unfortunately, many family photos were taken during that time. My nieces have never let me live it down. One of them so politely posted one of the photos on FB; I sent Hurricane Sandy to wipe her off the Jersey Shore, but her house got spared.

I do have regrets. One, not piercing my ear when I was younger. I tried it last year, but it got so infected that my doc said never again (I'm allergic to most antibiotics). The other was not getting a mohawk. If I got one now, I'd just look like some old dude trying to look young.
They were a brief fad for kids in the 1950s. I begged Dad to give me one. He didn't.

So, I simply let my hair grow as long as it could before my pride got in the way. It got to my shoulders. Now it's shorter. No mohawk yet.

Forged by Cahaya, the Brave and True

Posted by VisionQuest on 01-04-13 at 09:47 PM
I got the cartilage in my ear pierced once. It got so infected and inflamed that you could no longer see the front of the earring. My mom had to pry the back piece apart then push the front through all of the swelling. My BIL the doc saw it a day later and was horrified. He put me on antibiotics. My ear is still misshapen fifteen years later.

Posted by kidflash212 on 01-14-13 at 04:47 PM
I say go for the mohawk.

Posted by agman on 01-14-13 at 04:51 PM
or a faux hawk. That's what many of my students are wearing.

spelled out by Tribe

Posted by WyoGuy44 on 01-04-13 at 07:58 PM
I had hair down to the middle of my back in H.s.! Now I'm almost bald but hanging onto those last few hairs

Handcrafted by Agman formerly known as deer. d.h.

"Homer?"
Posted by foonermints on 01-04-13 at 11:51 PM

"RE: Homer?"
Posted by WyoGuy44 on 01-05-13 at 05:54 PM
They call me mr.simpson! lmao

Handcrafted by Agman formerly known as deer. d.h.

"I want pictures of OT men in Meggings"
Posted by Snidget on 01-04-13 at 08:53 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245498/Men-tights-Meggings-set-latest-fashion-conscious-boys.html

After the number of time I yell at the news lately (they are reporting every last freaking shooting and I yell at people to stop it every time, and then yesterday in Greensboro there was a high speed chase that ended in a fatal one car crash and another high speed chase sped right by near it while the first responders were still on site...the world didn't end, y'all don't gots to go crazy! STOP!IT!)

ahem..

I could use the giggles.

Posted by VisionQuest on 01-04-13 at 09:53 PM
That is a horrible tattoo.

I have a bad tattoo. It's really ugly. It's a "serpent ripping out of the skin" tattoo on my shoulder blade. It's so freaking awful. It is one I regret. I often think of covering it up, but I think it's good to have as a reminder to think twice, ink once.

Posted by kidflash212 on 01-05-13 at 01:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-13 AT 06:53 PM (EST)

I think every red haired male considers dying his hair another shade at some time. It generally looks ridiculous. Trust me.

What is in the archives, stays in the archives, when I saw the title I thought Estee was going to pull out my pic from the T-Shirt exchange

"hmpf"
Posted by Karchita on 01-08-13 at 03:28 AM
This thread's no fun without pictures.

"RE: hmpf"
Posted by cahaya on 01-08-13 at 11:21 AM
Hey, I posted one, from decades ago!

No, I don't look the same... nowadays my hair is short and I'm clean shaven!

"For Karchita.."
Posted by byoffer on 01-08-13 at 10:58 AM
...who requested pictures (without posting one of her own!)

Last summer I did a race in Toronto called City Chase. Lots of fun solving clues, navigating Toronto, and doing "challenges". I did the race with my eldest son, and one "challenge" involved having him put costume make-up on me to look like a hillbilly.

So here you go...

Not really the spirit of Estee's thresd, but at least a picture.

"RE: For Karchita.."
Posted by Karchita on 01-08-13 at 11:55 AM
Ok, that's enough pictures.

my eyes, my eyes!

Posted by byoffer on 01-08-13 at 01:35 PM
Beggar? Chooser?

Please pick one of the above.

Posted by cahaya on 01-09-13 at 01:36 AM
Chooser! And I'm choosing to run far away from that skeery dude!

Ragtop Ride by foonermints

Posted by Karchita on 01-09-13 at 03:13 AM
Beggar.

I'm begging you to stop with the skeery pictures already.

Posted by Tummy on 01-08-13 at 11:59 AM
Ate too much.

"See space station thread"
Posted by moonbaby on 01-08-13 at 03:41 PM
See hair.

Mine looks like that every morning. With gravity.

"RE: See space station thread"
Posted by byoffer on 01-08-13 at 05:11 PM
*like*

"RE: See space station thread"
Posted by cahaya on 01-08-13 at 11:20 PM
*double like*

I kinda like a free floating lady with her hair mussed up.

"???"
Posted by Karchita on 01-09-13 at 03:14 AM
Just how else is a moon baby's hair supposed to look?

Baby hair + gravity conditions on the moon = floaty hair, no?

"RE: ???"
Posted by Karchita on 01-09-13 at 03:15 AM
This whole thread has just got me really confused.

*pouts*

"This has me confused"
Posted by kidflash212 on 01-09-13 at 10:31 AM
Perhaps I should clean behind the couch more often: