URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37753
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Chris Brown and the War On Women."

Posted by Estee on 09-11-12 at 06:00 PM
Freedom of expression.

The right to mark his body however he chooses.

Ain't no law against...

...I'm going to keep repeating this until the urge to burn all his work goes away.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/57432/chris-browns-battered-woman-tattoo-yeah-thats-totally-rihanna

It's not working.

I need the word immediately beyond 'reprehensible'.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Yeah, right."
Posted by Snidget on 09-11-12 at 06:13 PM
It is a "Day of the Dead Skull"

So when he beat up Rihanna that was just so she'd look like artistically like the skull he loves enough to have tattooed on his neck, or sumthing, huh?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/11/chris-brown-tattoo-sugar-skull-day-of-the-dead-rihanna/

needs to be combined with the word immediately beyond 'moron'.

"RE: Yeah, right."
Posted by Estee on 09-12-12 at 09:48 AM
It's as if O.J. Simpson had been courteous enough to give us a step-by-step preview of the murders before he committed them, isn't it? Next up: he embeds the security codes for Rhianna's house in a song, then hides the outline of the intended weapon in the CD's cover.

And he'll probably still get away with it.

"Maybe he should try Pat Robertson's suggestion"
Posted by Snidget on 09-12-12 at 12:24 PM
for another man who apparently has an uppity woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/pat-robertson-become-muslim-to-beat-your-wife_n_1873142.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

"RE: Maybe he should try Pat Robertson's suggestion"
Posted by cahaya on 09-12-12 at 12:49 PM
And if you're tempted to write off Robertson as just a fringe character, know this: He spent last weekend hanging out with Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, NBC News report.

So this is what a real marriage is about, huh?

"RE: Maybe he should try Pat Robertson's suggestion"
Posted by Estee on 09-12-12 at 12:52 PM
I would now like to adopt the GOP's own 2008 standards for such things and name him as Romney's official religious adviser.

Amazingly, this isn't even on the Top Ten list of stupidest things he's ever said.

"More proof that Oprah hates all females."
Posted by Estee on 10-09-12 at 09:35 AM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/59385/oprah-has-spoken-chris-brown-and-rihannas-love-is-above-human-judgement

Fine. Then how about some basic horse sense? Abusers abuse. And until you break their hands, they will keep picking up the whip.

"RE: Chris Brown and the War On Women."
Posted by samboohoo on 10-09-12 at 10:53 AM
Don't look now, but we completely agree on something.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"Bumped for stupid."
Posted by Estee on 01-31-13 at 02:58 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/rihanna-confirms-chris-brown-romance-1033057.php

*facepalm*

Counting down.

"SMH"
Posted by moonbaby on 01-31-13 at 04:29 PM
Hoping she doesn't end up maimed for life or dead.

"RE: SMH"
Posted by kingfish on 01-31-13 at 04:51 PM
"I decided it was more important for me to be happy," Rihanna told Rolling Stone, confirming for the first time she and Brown are back together. "I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that. Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."

Blah-dy blah blah, Blah-dy blah blah blah.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

"Pet Peeve"
Posted by kidflash212 on 02-10-13 at 01:25 PM
"just live my truth"

This expression keeps popping up lately. How does one "live my truth"? It sounds like an uneducated person attempting to sound well read - and failing.

"RE: Pet Peeve"
Posted by Estee on 02-10-13 at 03:11 PM
'I have convinced myself this falsehood is true and will live that way in spite of all evidence to the contrary.' Ask any politician how that works.

She's a lot more likely to die from her lie.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-10-13 at 03:50 PM
It the expression itself that is my pet peeve. It just sounds stupid - "live my truth".

Posted by Snidget on 02-10-13 at 04:34 PM
I think because it is all too often said by those trying to justify their unhealthy or bad behaviors as if they are at the highest level of enlightenment and the little people just aren't wise enough to be allowed to have an opinion about it.

Yep, everyone has their own unique view of captial T truth, but sometimes a reality check to see if your little t truth is self-delusion or not may be a good thing.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-10-13 at 06:14 PM
I think it irritates me because truth is not an adverb. Grammatically, it seems like it should be "live truthfully" not "live my truth".

"RE: Bumped for stupid."
Posted by byoffer on 01-31-13 at 04:58 PM
because having a tattoo of another's maimed face is a show of love.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-09-13 at 03:17 PM
I don't mean to sound like an insensitive right-winger here, because I'm far from it. I know that, in the majority of abuse cases, the woman has a lot more trouble leaving that society really wants to admit for a lot of reasons. The most difficult of these is what we call "learned helplessness," in which she becomes totally dependent on her husband in some form and cannot break that dependence. The other big challenge is that abusers are usually pretty skilled at cutting off the victims' lifelines.

But in this case, at what point with the while Rihanna situation does it cease to be abuse and start to be assumption of the risk? Rihanna is well aware of what Chris Brown is capable of. She is wealthy, successful, and has the ability to escape to, with few exceptions, any part of the world to get away from him. She has an extensive support system and, for the life of me, I can't imagine what level of "learned helplessness" she could have suffered in that amount of time, what with her life being the way it is.

And yet she chooses to go back.

So at what point do we stop feeling sorry for people like her and wanting to help her and decide instead to say, "You screw this up, it's on you."

Frankly, having seen the whole thing play out in my own life (with less dire consequences but the same eventuality either way) I decided that people who want to be morons can go be morons and, if it doesn't work out, can go fvck themselves.

Posted by Snidget on 02-09-13 at 03:56 PM
In her case there certainly are more than enough resources to leave so whatever behavioral glitch it isn't the same as for a lot of victims of abuse.

There is a tendency of people with some kind of trauma history as a kid to recreate the abuse situation as an adult. Kind of a this time the result will be different, oh it wasn't, so this time the result with the same kind of guy, same kind of situation will be different, no, really, not different this time, well maybe the third, or tenth time will be the charm.

A lot of times in these kinds of patterns the guys without all the heightened emotions of the abuse and the reconciliation are just don't fill this psychological need. Often it takes a lot of therapy (which she could pay for if she ever decides she has had enough) there is a lot of work involved in making a person feel comfortable with the normal healthy range of relationship emotions and see they don't need the drama to feel like they are in love.

But, yeah, I'm going to have a lot harder time feeling sorry for her if she follows the path of needing to love someone that actually will kill her as she has the resources to get out and get healthy. Unfortunately she also has enough money to surround herself with only people who will support her 100% in whatever pathology she has. Of course you should date the guy who gives you that danger tingle no matter how much he hits you, my paycheck depends on me agreeing that only this and this alone is how you know he is your one tru lurve.

"Sentences Only Chris Brown Can Make You Say."
Posted by Estee on 02-10-13 at 12:07 PM
Are the paparazzi okay?

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/rep-chris-brown-car-totaled-in-crash-1033295.php

(He lost all credibility at 'charity event'.)

"Escaped again -- for now."
Posted by Estee on 05-07-13 at 07:20 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/chris-brown-on-rihanna-split-i-cant-be-focused-on-wife-ing-someone-1034757.php

Just to be clear: using the speech patterns of the street does not make you stupid. Being Chris Brown makes you stupid.

"RE: Escaped again -- for now."
Posted by kidflash212 on 05-07-13 at 05:13 PM
You should post a warning that the link will contain enough ignorance to bring tears to the eyes of anyone who speaks English.

Posted by Estee on 05-07-13 at 05:35 PM
I believe that warning is implied by the words 'Chris Brown'.

Posted by cahaya on 05-07-13 at 06:12 PM
Crossthresd: Maybe the movie script algorithm thingy can also be applied to music lyrics.