URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3771
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 14.3"

Posted by ARnutz on 03-02-09 at 09:35 AM

Gymnasts, Gypsies and Dracula?

YOU.GUYS.ROCK! It's great to see so many posters taking part in the lvoe list! The more the merrier! If you haven't participated yet, join the fun!

Be sure to check out last week's rankings, provided by kid-stat-flash, to see how your favorite team is doing.

This week, the teams set off to Bucharest, Romania and had to compete in a gymnastics roadblock where Nadia Comăneci trained. Donned in their Romanian team leotards, they had to perform on the balance beam, parallel bars and floor exercises. After that, teams had to take the train to Transylvania and find the Black Church. It was there where they encountered the detour - gypsy moves, where they had to load up stuff into a carriage to haul it - or - vampire remains, where they had to drag a coffin down a hill, unlock it, then take out and smash the pictures until they find a flag. Next, they were off to the pit stop!

Rank. Names (last week's rank)

1. Mel/Mike (5) – Awesome job on this leg! Who thought the old guy and the older guy could do it?

2. Margie/Luke (2) – Great team! ...and doing good!

3. Cara/Jaime (4) – Nice team. Staying with the bunch.

4. Amanda/Kris (6) – They showed up this week! They're not bad.

5. Mark/Michael (3) – Still fun, but didn't do so well this time.

6. Tammy/Victor (1) – OMG! What can I say? First trouble with the flight moves them to the back, then Victor thinks he's Béla Károlyi in the gym and finally, V won't listen when T says the route markers are the wrong color! This week was an implosion.

7. Kisha/Jen (8) – I still don't like them.

8. Christie/Jodi (9) – They are still stupid.

Philiminated: Brad/Victoria (7) – Bad choice with the connecting flights. Oh well.

OK! Your turn!!!

Remember... this is not a discussion thread. Comments on team rankings of fellow posters are welcomed, but please refrain from going off on too many tangents. There are plenty of other threads where you can do that.

It's free, it's fun, it's MADNESS!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 14.3"
Posted by emydi on 03-02-09 at 09:51 AM
Come on, you go to Transylvania and no one does the Dracula voice? Gimme a break I was doing it watching it, and I would have done the coffin detour just bc it was so macabre

1. Mel and Mike--(1)(1)I just love them, I'm not really expecting them to win it all (heck Mike doesn't need $) but they are the most interesting on the race and I love their relationship. Mike really is an exceptional person. Wow on doing the gypsy task with the GROIN injury.

2. Kris and Amanda--(4)(2) Wow Amanda kicked butt on the gymnastics...I still would be on that darn balance beam. Kris...ALWAYS hold onto your fannypack--I really thought the gypsies stole it too, isn't that what gypsies do!!

3. Margie and Luke--(3)(3) Luke is finding himself a bit on this race, I like that they have an alliance with the redheads...next week looks like trouble I hope it's misdirection bc we know M/L so well

4. Cara & Jaime-(7)(5) I like these girls more and more each week, I like how they are teamed up with M/L

5. Mark and Michael-(2)(4) kinda getting boring now

6. Lakisha and Jennifer (6)(7) no drama this week, meh

7. Christie and Jodi-(8)(8)they did better this week, still don't like them tho

8. Tammy and Victor(10)(9)--yeah, nice Victor you are a tool, and shame on Tammy for following him, I would have just turned around and made the sniveling little ahole follow me...but not knowing how to do a cartwheel...what girl (and boy) hasn't done a bazillion of them in her childhood?

Philiminated: Brad & Victoria (9)(6)...I knew when Brad said he was a recovering drug addict/alcoholic they were toast, it was the most we learned about them in 3 weeks and if that's the case, they are telling you bc it's the last time they can. I actually like them more than my previous lists show. They seem to be very nice well rounded people. I wouldn't have chanced the extra airport though

Posted by Seana on 03-02-09 at 09:57 AM
1. Amanda/Kris (2) – Good teamwork, good attitude, even under the obvious stress of losing the fanny pack.

2. Margie/Luke (3) – Working well with each other and other teams.

3. Cara/Jaime (4) – I can see them moving up if they keep up the good attitude. They didn't make many mistakes this ep either.

4. Kisha/Jen (8) – This ep had less annoying family dynamic and more teamwork. They'll prolly go back down again next week.

5. Tammy/Victor (1) – Amazing the difference one episode can make. He was right to feel ashamed of himself.

6. Mel/Mike (6) – It wouldn't have mattered which Detour they chose, both had significant physical demands. However, Mike in a leotard was bad. I guess the alternative would have been worse. Even still...I can't put them any higher than this.

7. Mark/Michael (5) - Nothing good or bad to say.

8. Christie/Jodi (9) – In trying to find out which of them had done the Roadblock, I discovered that they're older than our regular dippy blondes. Which doesn't make a bit of difference to me. In their favour, at least they found the marked path.

Philiminated: Brad/Victoria (7) – Meh. Never really liked or disliked them. Won't miss them.

Sig by agman

Posted by MaryKat on 03-02-09 at 10:15 AM
1. Margie and Luke
2. Christy and Jodi
3. Jen and Kisha
4. Kris and Amanda
5. Mark and Mike
6. Mark and Mike
7. Jaimie and Cara
8. Tammy and Victor She's not a 3 year old. Whay didn't she leave him alone on the mountain? At least she could have found the correct trail while she was waitiing for him to come back down.

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-02-09 at 11:19 AM
When they showed some airport wrangling, I knew it would determine the outcome of the leg, as the producers have made an effort to minimize that stuff. And it did.

Me likey:
1. Amanda/Kris (3) - Ran a strong leg and minimized the freakout when the fanny pack was left behind. While the delay cost them a trip to Costa Rica, I thought they handled the issue well. Like I've said earlier, this is Kris/Jon v2.0.
2. Cara/Jaime (2) - Still competitive, cute, and mostly drama-free. I like this team.
3. Margie/Luke (1) - I'm starting to lose my lvoe for this team. Luke's emotions are causing problems, and the edit is showing them, a combination which indicates more meltdowns are coming.

Meh:
4. Mel/Mike (6) - I didn't think much of this team's chances (and I still don't), but that was a good leg and they are very supportive of each other.
5. Mark/Michael (4) - I was hoping these two would be more interesting. But I don't mind watching them.

Me no likey:
6. Kisha/Jen (8) - I'm still waiting for them to show some game. I don't think they have any.
7. Christie/Jodi (9) - Seeing them running up to a clue box with their wheelie luggage cracked me up.
8. Victor/Tammy (7) - The only thing keeping them out of this spot was their strong race performance. So much for that after last night.

Philiminated. Brad/Victoria (5) - I figured they'd do the typical older team thing, hang around until mid-race and then wear down and go home. Instead they made a risky flight choice and Philiminated themselves. At least it was something different.

Posted by BlueIris on 03-02-09 at 12:44 PM
1. Mel/Mike

2. Amanda/Kris

3. Margie/Luke

4. Cara/Jaime

5. Mark/Michael

6. Kisha/Jen

7. Christie/Jodi

8. Tammy/Victor

Posted by emydi on 03-02-09 at 03:16 PM
wow, we have the exact same list, I usually don't agree with anyone!!

Posted by BlueIris on 03-03-09 at 00:01 AM
thanks to Mel & Mike's great finish

Posted by Belle Book on 03-02-09 at 01:17 PM
My rankings this leg:

1. Mel & Mike -- great job this leg!
2. Cara & Jamie -- no major mistakes -- except maybe for getting a bad taxi driver, but that's luck of the draw.
3. Margie & Luke -- nice job this leg, but once it became clear that Cara & Jamie's driver was bad, you should've had them follow you!
4. Amanda & Kris -- would've gotten first if you hadn't left your fanny pack somewhere and forgotten where you left it!
5. LaKisha & Jen -- much better this week.
6. Mark & Michael -- better this week as well.
7. Christie & Jodi -- better as well, but you're still on the bubble.
8. Tammy & Victor -- sigh. I want to love you, but I couldn't do so after this leg. Victor, you're suffering from Overprotective Big Brother Syndrome and need to tone it down. At least you're still in the Race.

Philiminated: Brad & Victoria. A delay and a missed connection and that's all it takes.

Posted by suzzee on 03-02-09 at 02:30 PM
My very first list, not that I didn't love & loath before but only in my mind.....

Love the nod to Mel Brook's "Young Frankenstein":

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Pardon me, boy. Is this the Transylvania station?
Shoe-Shine Boy: Ja, ja. Track 29. Can I give you a shine?

1. Mel/Mike: Half the reason I like them is that he wrote "School of Rock". I wish Mike would cut loose he's got to be a riot IRL. Mel, please no more groin updates, kthxbye.

2. Margie/Luke: Give her credit for putting on a leotard, I would have panicked right there.

3. Amanda/Kris: Finally seeing something of them, nice couple.

4. Cara/Jaime: Gymnastics, not too far out of their comfort zone for cheerleaders.

5. Mark/Michael: Like them and they are keeping in there. They don't get enough sound bites for me to love them.

6. Tammy/Victor: He needs a bit of humbling, this may have done him some good. Tammy needs more confidence in herself she got through Harvard Law for heavens sake.

7. Keisha/Jen: Gymnastics is tough for the tall.

8. Christie/Jodi: Lame

Philiminated: Brad/Victoria: tough break but if it would have paid off they would have done well.

Fear and Loathing Tribe style 2008

Posted by warp_core breach on 03-02-09 at 02:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-09 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

So far, not too exciting... here's hoping the excitement picks up soon.

1. Mel & Mike - Good for them! I don't think they'll last too much longer but at least they won a prize. I was worried Mel was going to keel over after he reached the pit stop!!

2. Cara & Jamie - Seem like nice girls who haven't used the looks card yet.

3. Amanda & Kris - A competent, no-conflict dating team.

4. Margie & Luke - Doin' well but Luke tends to get a bit stressed.

5. Mark & Michael - Ok for middle of the pack. Haven't seen too much from them. I still can't get over how short these guys are.

6. Kisha & Jen - Saw a tad bit more from them this week but they are still boring and kind of bumble around... I still don't think they will last.

7. Christie & Jodi - Better this week... but the wheelie thing is sooooo stupid!

8. Tammy & Victor - From hero to zero! Got a bit cocky and look where it put you. I didn't realize that the preview of Tammy sniveling on the train platform was only the tip of the iceberg. Victor, you're an arrogant a$$. Tammy, grow a set.

Philiminated - Brad & Victoria - meh

Siggie courtesy of Seana

Posted by shimane22 on 03-02-09 at 05:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-09 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

I like all of the remaining teams... that's a first!
Now, on to ranking them:

1. Mel/Mike (5,8) Because it's obvious they have a very strong bond that is unlikely to be strained by the race, and they have proven themselves to be formidable competitors. Good work!

2. Margie/Luke (1,1) Another solid leg. Even though Luke's getting all of the attention I think Margie is an excellent racer in her own right and deserves some acknowledgment!

3. Jaime/Cara (8,5) People are going to criticize them for getting frustrated with the taxi driver, but to me that is actually a good sign- unlike past "girl teams" that have unsuccessfully tried to coast through on their looks, you can tell these two are very competitive and driven. That's refreshing. They also seem to be genuinely appreciating this experience.

4. Christie/Jodi (9,7) I mean, they probably aren't contenders to win, but they are working hard and I have yet to see them cry or complain, even when they were on the cusp of elimination. Also, I saw that they have straps so they can carry their rolling luggage on their backs when necessary. That's actually pretty clever - they're not in the best of shape, so being able to wheel their stuff through airports and train stations will help fend off fatigue.

5. Kisha/Jen (4,6) Nice to see them have a more harmonious leg this time around... but they also ran under the radar. I want to see more of these two!

6. Amanda/Kris (6,3) Good on Amanda for keeping positive during their scare at the detour. I like her attitude.

7. Mark/Michael (7,9) They're still not my favorites, but compared to hated teams from the past (Freddy and Kendra, BJ and Tyler, the Weaver Family), they're pretty cool guys.

8. Tammy/Victor (2,2) Wow. These two completely lost it on this leg, and it wasn't all Victor's fault... although his breakdown was pretty painful to watch. I was very impressed how Tammy handled that, though, throughout the detour and at the pitstop. I won't be surprised if they pull it together and last quite a bit longer.

Philiminated 9. Brad/Victoria (3,4) I liked them, and they probably would have knocked Tammy and Victor out had they not made a very poor decision with their flights, but so it goes...

Loser Lodge:
Preston/Jennifer (11)
Linda/Steve (10,10)

Posted by Silver03 on 03-02-09 at 06:25 PM
My top three this week really surprise me. At the beginning of the race I would have never thought they would rank this high.

1. Amanda/Kris (2) - The more I see of this team, the more I like them. Yes, they could have been first if Kris hadn't lost his fanny pack, but they handled it well. Amanda did a great job at the roadblock. These two work well together and could go far.

2. Cara/Jaime (4) - These two are doing a great job and work well together.

3. Mel/Mike (6) - Great job on this leg and coming in first.

4. Margie/Luke (3) - Margie did a great job at the roadblock as well.

5. Mark/Michael (7) - These two really stood out at the beginning of the race, but not so much anymore.

6. Keisha/Jen (8) - A better leg than last week. I was happy there was no bickering this time.

7. Christie/Jodie (9) - They ran a better leg than the last few and are no longer last place on my list.

8. Tammy/Victor (1) - This episode was painful to watch with these two especially because of Victor. I think he needs to realize that he's not the only member of the team.

Philiminated: Brad/Victoria - Eh. Sorry to see them go but someone had to.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-02-09 at 08:54 PM
1. (4, 2) Mike and Mel – I really like these guys and I’ll cheer for them until Mel’s groin gives out. And they get the eyebrow again this week from Phil!

2. (1, 1) Margie and Luke – Margie is a bionic woman. I love racers who stay calm and I love her. Budapest, Bucharest, whatever.

3. (5, 4) Amanda and Kris – This team is growing on me: good racers, good teamwork, and good relationship.

4. (2, 3) Mike and Mark – And this team is not growing on me! I thought I’d like them better than I do, but they’re fizzling out.

5. (8, 6) Cara and Jaime – I like the way they’re trying to communicate with Luke, but I’m still lukewarm on them and I can’t figure out why (I think it was their pre-game video.)

6. (6, 7 ) Kisha and Jen – Nice people, but not good racers.

7. (3, 5) Tammy and Victor – Victor needs to realize that his sister has grown up and then HE needs to grow up too! They both were like petulant little kids in the Munich Airport when the tailend racers showed up. Get a grip.

8. (9, 9) Jodi and Christie – Max, I cracked up too when they showed up at the clue box with their wheelie luggage. I can’t take them seriously at all after a move like that!

Philiminated: Brad and Victoria – Bad luck. I was sorry to seem them go.

Top of the mornin' by O'Agman

Posted by dajaki on 03-02-09 at 10:45 PM
Thus saith the romance novel: Gypsy camps have 1 toothless old crone and loads of hot guys, while vampires are sexy, powerful men of the night. Thus saith the Bruckheimer: Not on your life.

And on the FLL:

1. Mel & Mike: I love these two, though I could do without any more references to Mel's groin.
2. Amanda & Kris: Gypsy camp stats have been revised. Add hot guy.
3. Margie & Luke: Any woman 50+ who is willing to wear a leotard gets my respect. Especially since she has a flatter tummy than me.
4. Cara & Jaime: They're fairly likable when they're not nagging confused cabbies.
5. Tammy & Victor: I'm still sobbing . . . hold me!
6. Mark & Michael: These two are very good, but not always brilliant and sometimes too cocky.
7. Kisha & Jen: Did they pack their personalities in their backpacks? C'mon! I want to like you!
8. Christie & Jodi: Jodi really bugs me. I'm not sure what it is about her, but she's making me regress to high school. I need therapy.

RIP Brad and Victoria: Vic, see Margie's comment above. Brad, you changed vampire stats. Add sexy, powerful man of the night. I love how you worked the blood!

Posted by PsychoKitty on 03-03-09 at 08:13 PM
Brad and Victoria were impressively gory!!!! Wish we'd seen their whole challenge - quite a bloodbath!

Posted by zorayah on 03-03-09 at 06:06 AM
1. Mel/Mike - great leg!
2. Margie/Luke - they are still interesting
3. Amanda/Kris - not bad
4. Mark/Michael - not bad
5. Tammy/Victor - bad break with the airline and even made worse with the "Trust me" Victor phrase
6. Cara/Jamie - meh
7. Kisha/Jen - meh
8. Christie/Jodi - thank goodness not much TV time this week

Philiminated: Brad/Victoria - tough luck on the flight connection. I did like them though

Posted by Scuba Steve on 03-03-09 at 08:19 AM
1. Mel/Mike - Great leg.
2. Margie/Luke
3. Amanda/Kris - Nearly had a scare, but recovered well.
4. Cara/Jamie
5. Mark/Michael
6. Kisha/Jen
7. Christie/Jodi - I still think they're idiots.
8. Tammy/Victor - Seriously, Victor, what were you thinking? You deserve last place.

Brad/Victoria: Philiminated - I figured they were goners once they missed their connection. Seemed like a nice couple.

Posted by Starshine on 03-03-09 at 11:10 AM
I am approaching each week in this race anew and trying to rate teams as I saw them in that week, at least that is my excuse!

1. Kris and Amanda – We haven’t seen that much, but the gymnastics was most enjoyable, and the way that they didn’t panic during the lost bag incident impressed me no end. They still seem like a really nice couple.

2. Mel/Mike – Dude, my Mother thinks I am special as well. Btw ftr everyone is unique and important in their own way. That said, great racing guys! Although they did bust me out of the anti-elimination

3. Christy and Jodi – What happened to the bone headed girls we used to know? They raced well and supported each other well, if they have stopped making mistakes they could do very well.

4. Mark and Mike – I’m sure they were there this week, but after 12 hours I cannot say that I remember much of them.

5. Jen and Kisha – Again supportive and a reasonable leg, cannot help feeling there is disaster around the corner.

6. Jaimie and Cara – Again with the supportive! I have to split these teams somehow, and I am going to do it by blaming the teams that pick bad taxis

7 . Margie and Luke – My word! She really is Superwoman! Him I am liking less and less, although I appreciate that it is probably tough only being able to talk to one person on the race.

8. Tammy and Victor – It never rains but it pours! A dodgy plane, a dodgy sense of direction (1), an appalling lack of gymnastics skills, a dodgy sense of direction (2) coupled with pig headed stubbornness, a dodgy coffin that drops keys, and then an emotional breakdown at the end of the leg. I am chuffed to see that Harvard graduates are keeping up their proud TAR tradition (see Heave).

Brad and Victoria Out of Luck. A brave move to go for the earlier flight, however it didn’t pay off. Why is it just as I am starting to like teams that they are leaving?

Something or Other

Posted by PlumBlossom on 03-03-09 at 01:22 PM
1. Margie/Luke (1)
2. Mark/Michael (4)
3. Cara/Jaime (3)
4. Tammy/Victor (2)
5. LaKisha/Jennifer (5)
7. Amanda/Kris (7)
8. Mel/Mike (8)
9. Christie/Jodi (9)

Philiminated: Brad/Victoria (6)

an IceCat original

Posted by Tazluli on 03-03-09 at 01:30 PM
1. Mel & Mike (2)- I am liking them more and more.

2. Margie & Luke (1) - Another good run.

3. Amanda & Kris (6) - No meltdown on the lost fanny pack. That alone is the reason why they jumped in my list.

4. Cara & Jaime (7) - Another team that is endearing themselves to me.

5. Mark & Michael (4) - They had a bit of trouble this week, but I think they are going to go far.

6. Kisha & Jen (7)- A bit boring.

7. Christie & Jodi (9) - I just don't like this team. I am not sure why. They would be last but....

8. Tammy & Victor (3) - Oh my gosh! Is Victor that pig headed? Why didn't Tammy yell at him to get his head out of his rear end? Why didn't she just start walking away? Why was he blubbering? Because he was proven wrong and it was going to show a gazillion people that he was wrong? Why couldn't Tammy do a cartwheel or something that might look like one?

Philiminated - Brad & Victoria (5) I am bummed. I actually thought an older team that was athletic would have a half a chance. If they had to be Philiminated, I am glad that it wasn't because they got tired.

Posted by beau_30 on 03-03-09 at 07:19 PM
Another lvoe list for this guy..

1) Mark & Michael - They are enjoying the ride. There awesome.
2) Mel & Mike - Awesome team. They work well together, even with his groin hurting..
3) Amanda & Kris - Even after loosing their backpack, they were still calm
4) Margie & Luke - There fine, but Luke is starting to whine..
5) Cara & Jamie - Still Meh..
6) Likesha and Jen - Still Me...
7) Christie and Jodi - Still Meh..
8) Tammy and Victor - Okay, Its Victor, Not Tammy..
9) Brad and Victoria - Too bad they didn't get to stay along. They new they were elimianted and dealt with the pain.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 03-03-09 at 08:33 PM
1. Mel/Mike - awesome job at the gym and loading that truck!

2. Margie/Luke - Margie rules! Incredible at taking on the gymnastics too. Luke is starting to lose it - I appreciate his frustration too, but I'm sure he is also used to it.

3. Amanda/Kris - She rocked the gym! I was really impressed and they made short work of the gypsy cart too. Never lay down your packs!!!! But that was a quick problem thank goodness! Good attitudes, glad they were more visible this time!

4. Cara/Jaime - They kept up their end. Seem to be working well with Margie and Luke which is cool. Don't really like like because of their pre-race video. Anyone who announces themselves as a b#### bothers me. Don't think they really are though.

5. Mark/Michael - I like them, but expect alot more of them. They are in great shape and fearless; what's the hold up?

6. Tammy/Victor - Melt down city! A great example of what a strong streak of perfectionism will do to you. I can't believe how long Victor trudged up that hill. I think Tammy handled him well (not emasculating him), but should have just started back without him. Big screwup. . . Her gymnastics weren't that bad - personally I only did cartwheels in 7th grade. I wouldn't have known how either! And the early flight breakdown was just a bummer. (I love Starshine's reference to Heave!)

7. Kisha/Jen - unimpressive. I can't believe she (which one?) had so much trouble at the gym. They are athletes! Humph . . .!

9. Christie/Jodi - pretty pathetic. And yes, Jodi is amazingly unexpressive!

Philiminated: Brad/Victoria - Too bad. The flight thing was a shame, but they powered through and tried to keep their energy and mood up, and did all their tasks as fast as they could. They are a Class Act. . . I'm sorry they had to go.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by featherfish81 on 03-03-09 at 09:49 PM
Bright and witty? *blush* Now there's all this pressure to perform. Oh, well, here goes...

1. Mark/Michael (1) - Still having fun, and haven't done anything to make them drop.
2. Margie/Luke (2) - Great job on the gymnastics
3. Amanda/Kris (5) - Very supportive of each other, and just a slight misstep misplacing the bag.
4. Mel/Mike (6) - Good job this week
5. Christie/Jodi (7) - Did much better this week, and actually seemed to know what was going on.
6. Kisha/Jen (9) - Good job, and no sibling stress this time.
7. Tammy/Victor (4) - Bad luck with the plane, but way to not deal with it well. Victor just kind of panicked and stressed out, stressing out Tammy, and it spiraled from there. At least he admitted he was the problem, and maybe will correct it.
8. Cara/Jaime (3) - Um, what was going on in that cab? It's one thing to be frustrated, but they were just mean about it.

Philiminated: Brad/Victoria (8) - Tough luck with the plane. Usually it's a good thing to find a different flight. I know the plane was scheduled to land late, and I think if I knew it was going to be that close I would just wait for the plane with everyone else on it.

Posted by redbaronii on 03-03-09 at 11:23 PM
1. (2,2) Margie/Luke – I don't know who else to put in 1st. I mean, it's not like I truly Lvoe them, but Margie is like...god...she maybe one of the best female racer in a while.

2. (1,3) Mark/Michael – They look like they are good team, although their finishing said otherwise...

3. (6,6) Amanda/Kris – Did not panic under pressure of the fanny pack incident. I like them, just tad boring.

4. (8,7) Mel/Mike – They had a great leg, all it need to rise on my board.

5. (4,5) Cara/Jaime – I like them more and more. What's with the Luke thing, however?

6. (7,8) LaKisha/Jennifer – OMG, not as much yelling/air time. And OMG, they actually finish 3rd?

7. (3,1) Tammy/Victor – Victor, oh Victor, so incompetent under pressure.

8. (9,9) Christie/Jodi – Rise a place because another team is gone...still last because of the lack of "blonde" moment.

Philiminated: (3,4) Brad/Victoria – Look like a nice couple, boring...but not unusual. Bad flight choice and bad luck killed them, as they look like they could stay longer...oh well...

Posted by JanetFAN on 03-05-09 at 03:23 PM
I'm kinda "meh" on all of em, so I don't really know who to put in first...

1. Amanda/Kris- seem nice, she still seems a lil dumb though

2. Margie/Luke- lvoe her, him not so much. I think he may be headed for a Flo level meltdown... one can only hope!

3. Mel/Mike- these two are starting to grow on me- even the groin talk!

4. Christie/Jodi- these two grew a lil on me too, and I did bust up laughing when they wheeled up to the cluebox. Might be reversing the terribad racing they did earlier?

5. Kisha/Jen- these two did okay, kinda expected them to be gone already. Is this the longest/first time three all female teams have lasted this long?

6. Tammy/Victor- disappointing!

7. Cara/Jaime- taxi bitchiness is meh

8. Mark/Michael- bleck! Leave soon please.

PHILIMINATED- Brad/Victoria- you cost me a crapton of points in the casino game! But, I still really liked this team. I think they would've gone a lot farther if they hadn't gotten screwed by the airport. Victoria might be one of the only women to have done all of the roadblocks for a male/female team- pretty cool!! They are also the only team I can think of that went out covered in blood- not bad for the badass oldsters!

Posted by shimane22 on 03-05-09 at 07:40 PM
On TAR 5 Linda/Karen, Kami/Karli, and Charla/Mirna all made the top six... and then they finished 4th, 5th, and 6th, respectively.

Other than that the only decent finishes for all-female teams were Lyn/Karlyn (3rd) and Dustin/Kandice (4th) on TAR 10 and of course Dustin/Kandice (2nd) and Charla/Mirna (3rd) on TAR 11.

Posted by sittem on 03-08-09 at 02:33 AM
Another drive by posting - where does the time go?

1. Tammy/Victor
2. Amanda/Kris
3. Margie/Luke
4. Cara/Jaime
5. Mark/Michael
6. Mel/Mike
7. Kisha/Jen
8. Christie/Jodi

Brad/Victoria - sorry to see you go - I had high hopes for the oldies.

KF - love the stat work, it has a great look!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-08-09 at 06:34 PM
Thanks -Coming from the original stat-master that means alot. Of course I stand on the shoulders of the giants - yourself and Max Headroom.

Posted by louislam on 03-08-09 at 01:28 PM
I'll keep it short.

1. Amanda/Kris (2)
2. Margie/Luke (1)
3. Mel/Mike (5)
4. Tammy/Victor (3)
5. Mark/Michael (7)
6. Christie/Jodi (8)
7. Cara/Jaime (6)
8. Kisha/Jen (9)

Philiminated - Brad/Victoria (4)

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-08-09 at 05:14 PM
Wow - I'm late

My List:

1)Amanda & Kris- No big freakout about the fanny pack and should have been number one. She did great on the gymnastics.

2)Cara & Jaime - I'm waiting to see more of them but so far I've liked them. Not bothered by getting agitated by cabbie. If someone says they know where they are going and doesn't it would annoy me too.

3)Margie & Luke - Still liking them but I'm starting to get to know other teams more.

4)Mark & Michael - Slipping a bit.

5)Mel & Mike - Came in first but that seems like a fluke. Not expecting to see them much longer, I expect a physical task will do them in.

6)Christie & Jodi - Got it together more this leg. Have sort of a wait and see attitude with them.

7)Kisha and Jen - When they are not bickering they are invisible, not a good sign for longevity.

8)Tammy & Victor - If I could rate them lower I would. He's a big wuss who starts crying when he has a setback. Yuck - he completely repulses me. I don't care if you die either, Victor.

Philiminated - Brad & Victoria, would have liked to hear more of their story and hate that I could have been rid of Victor had they made their connection.

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-08-09 at 06:33 PM
Week Three Rankings

Heading North

As the race settles in we see some movement on the list - Mel & Mike, hurt groin and all succeed in displacing Margie & Luke as the most lvoed team by a small margin. Margie & Luke will have to settle for second place this week. Amanda & Kris keep their third place rank but gathered more first place votes than the previous week. A nice move up for Cara & Jaime from seventh to fourth.

Heading South

The big THUD you hear is Tammy & Victor making the biggest drop on the love list - from second place to dead last. Crying, moaning and pigheadedness get them dropped.

­
Rank Team First Place Votes Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Mel & Mike
Margie & Luke
Amanda & Kris
Cara & Jamie
Mark & Michael
Lakisha & Jennifer
Christie & Jodi
Tammy & Victor

New Faces!
Welcome suzzee and BlueIris to the love list family this week. Staying steady with 26 lists over all.