URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37648
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TV Fall Season New Shows- 2012 - Lose, Win, Cancelled"

Posted by Tummy on 07-20-12 at 10:50 AM
New shows coming this fall - (there may be others...)

ABC -

666 Park Avenue

An innocent Midwestern couple (Dave Annable and Rachael Taylor) get hired as resident managers of an Upper East Side apartment building in New York, with the owner played by Lost's Terry O'Quinn. Unbeknownst to them, the residents have all made deals with the Devil to have their desires fulfilled. David Wilcox will adapt Gabrielle Pierce's book series and executive-produce, alongside Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo.

The Family Tools

A man (Worst Week's Kyle Bornheimer) puts his dreams on hold in order to take over the family handyman business from his father (The Closer's J.K. Simmons). Bobby Bowman (My Name is Earl) will write and executive-produce alongside Mark Gordon and Andrea Shay.

How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life

Scrubs' Sarah Chalke stars as a newly divorced woman who ends up moving in with her over-the-top parents Elaine (Elizabeth Perkins) and Max (Brad Garrett). Accidentally on Purpose creator Claudia Lonow wrote the pilot based loosely on her own life. She executive-produces with Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Francie Calfo.

Last Resort

A renegade crew of a nuclear submarine, led by Men of a Certain Age's Andre Braugher, go on the run after defying an order to fire nuclear missiles. They find sanctuary at a NATO base where they declare themselves the world's smallest nuclear nation. The Shield's Shawn Ryan will executive-produce the pilot, which he wrote with Karl Gajdusek (Dead Like Me).

Malibu Country

Reba McEntire stars as a broke divorcee who moves her family to Malibu where she attempts to revive her music career while keeping her children from being corrupted by the city. Reba's Kevin Abbott will write and executive-produce the pilot.

Mistresses

This drama tells the story of four women buffeted by the scandalous romantic lives they're leading. Alyssa Milano, Yunjin Kim, Rochelle Aytes and Jes Macallan star.

Nashville

A family soap set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene that follows two musicians, one who's already a star (Connie Britton) and the other who's on the rise (Hayden Panettiere). Callie Khouri (Thelma & Louise) and RJ Cutler will write and executive-produce.

The Neighbors

A family (Lenny Venito, Jami Gertz, Isabella Cramp, Clara Mamet and Max Charles) moves into a beautiful, surprisingly affordable gated community in New Jersey only to discover that all the neighbors are literally from another planet.

Red Widow

The widow (Radha Mitchell) of an assassinated criminal is forced to adopt her husband's role in a crime syndicate in order to protect her family. Dexter's Melissa Rosenberg will write, based on the Dutch format, and executive-produce alongside The Office's Howard Klein.

Zero Hour

A skeptics magazine editor (Anthony Edwards) gets pulled into one of the most compelling conspiracies in human history. Prison Break's Paul Scheuring wrote the pilot and executive-produces with Lorenzo DiBonaventura and Dan McDermott.

CBS

Elementary

A modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes in which Sherlock (Eli Stone's Jonny Lee Miller) is a recovering addict and consultant for the NYPD. Lucy Liu will portray his Watson. Robert Doherty (Medium) will write and executive-produce with Justified duo Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly. Aidan Quinn will also star.

Friend Me

Twentysomething best friends (Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicholas Braun) move to Los Angeles to begin their exciting new lives working at Groupon. Raising Hope's Alan Kirschenbaum and Ajay Sahgal will executive-produce with Kim and Eric Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men).

Golden Boy

Theo James stars as a young and ambitious new officer makes the meteoric rise from cop to detective to Police Commissioner. Chi McBride will play his new partner. Nicholas Wootton will write and executive-produce alongside Brothers & Sisters' Greg Berlanti.

The Job

This reality series from Survivor creator Mark Burnett and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire's Michael Davies will pit applicants against each other in an attempt to land their dream job. Lisa Ling will host.

Made in Jersey

A working class woman (Janet Montgomery) uses her street smarts to compete with her more polished colleagues at a Manhattan law firm in this series from Happy Endings' Jamie Tarses and The West Wing's Kevin Falls. Dana Calvo (Covert Affairs) will write and co-executive-produce.

Partners

The personal story of two lifelong friends and business partners — one straight (David Krumholtz) and one gay (Michael Urie) — whose friendship has lasted longer than any of their romantic relationships. When one decides to propose to his girlfriend (Sophia Bush), the other's neurotic attempts to be supportive nearly result in a breakup. Will & Grace duo David Kohan and Max Mutchnick will executive-produce.

Vegas

The true story of Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid) — rodeo cowboy turned longtime Las Vegas Sheriff — set in the 1960s. Nicholas Pileggi and Without a Trace's Greg Walker will write and executive-produce alongside Men in Trees duo James Mangold and Cathy Konrad.

NBC

1600 Penn

What happens when you're the most ordinary family in the world, but your father is the President of the United States (Bill Pullman)? Book of Mormon's Josh Gad will star, write and executive-produce with Modern Family's Jason Winer. Martha MacIsaac, Jenna Elfman, Amara Miller, Benjamin Stockham and Andre Holland will also star.

Animal Practice

An office-based comedy featuring a House-like veterinarian (Weeds' Justin Kirk) who loves the animals but hates their owners. Executive-produced by Hangover Part II writer Scot Armstrong. Tyler Labine, Amy Huberman and Bobby Lee will also star.

Chicago Fire

The complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department are explored in this action-driven drama. Derek Haas and Michael Brandt will write and executive-produce with Law & Order's ##### Wolf.

Crossbones

From Luther creator Neil Cross, this drama is set in 1715 on the Bahamian island of New Providence, where the notorious pirate Blackbeard leads a nation of thieves and outlaws. To regain control, a trained undercover assassin named Tom Lowe is sent to take down Blackbeard, but Lowe soon becomes an admirer of the swashbuckler's, charisma, intelligence and political ideals. Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald (Gladiator, Men In Black) will executive-produce along with Three Rivers' Ted Gold and Cross.

Do No Harm

A brilliant neurosurgeon (Steven Pasquale) wrestles with his dangerous alter-ego that threatens to wreak havoc on his personal and professional life. The Event's David Schulner will write and executive-produce with Samantha Who?'s Peter Traugott. Alana de la Garza, Phylicia Rashad, Michael Esper, Mousa Kraish and Ruta Gedmintas will also star.

Go On

While an irreverent yet charming sportscaster (Matthew Perry) tries to move on from loss, he reluctantly finds surprising solace from the members of his mandatory group therapy sessions. Friends writer/producer Scott Silveri executive-produces. Laura Benanti, Julie White, Suzy Nakamura, Khary Payton and Allison Miller will also star.

Guys With Kids

Three thirtysomething guys (Jesse Bradford, Zach Cregger and Anthony Anderson) enjoy the adventures of parenting even though they haven't grown up themselves. NBC late-night host Jimmy Fallon will executive-produce. Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Tempestt Bledsoe will also star.

Infamous

An opulent soap in which a female detective (Meagan Good) returns to the wealthy family in which she grew up — only she's undercover as the maid's daughter — to solve the murder of the notorious heiress who was once her closest friend. Mercy's Liz Heldens will write and executive-produce. Victor Garber, Tate Donovan, Neil Jackson, Laz Alonso, Ella Rae Peck and Katherine LaNasa will also star.

Next Caller

A gender comedy focusing on a brash, alpha male DJ (Dane Cook) and his new plucky, feminist co-host (Collette Wolfe). From Weeds producer Stephen Falk. Joy Osmanski and Wole Parks will also star.

The New Normal

A gay couple — Book of Mormon's Andrew Rannells and The Hangover's Justin Bartha — try to start a family with the help of a surrogate (Georgia King). Along with fellow Glee producer Ali Adler, Ryan Murphy will co-write and executive-produce the project. Ellen Barkin and Bebe Wood will also star. Nene Leakes and Jayson Blair will recur.

Revolution

A high-octane action drama that follows a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Supernatural's Eric Kripke will write and executive-produce with J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk. Giancarlo Esposito, Billy Burke, David Lyons, Tim Guinee, Graham Rogers, Tracy Spiridakos, Andrea Roth, JD Pardo, Zak Orth and Anna Lise Philips will star.

Save Me

Anne Heche stars as a woman who starts to believe that she is channeling God after she has an accident. Heche will also serve as a producer on the project. John Scott Shepherd, Neal Moritz, Vivian Cannon and Scott Winant executive-produce.

Fox

Ben and Kate

Under the guise of being his niece's nanny, a free spirited young guy (Nat Faxon) moves in with his type-A, tightly wound sister (Dakota Johnson) and in the process will help her re-enter the world. Dana Fox (What Happens in Vegas) will write and executive-produce with Terra Nova duo Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope.

The Following

An edge-of-your-seat thriller about the complex relationship between diabolical serial killer Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) and the damaged FBI profiler, Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon), who once took him down. After Joe escapes, Hardy is reactivated and discovers that he is no longer just hunting one man, but a massive cult of serial killers created and manipulated during Carroll's time in prison. Kevin Williamson will write and executive-produce. Natalie Zea, Nico Tortorella, Jeananne Goossen, Shawn Ashmore, Adan Canto, Billy Brown, Kyle Catlett and Valorie Curry will also star.

The Goodwin Games

Three siblings (Becki Newton, Scott Foley and Jake Lacy) must reconnect after the death of their father, who leaves them his fortune only if they agree to his terms. How I Met Your Mother's Carter Bays and Craig Thomas executive-produce with Chris Harris, who will also write. Felisha Terrell and Melissa Tang will also star.

The Mindy Project

The Office's Mindy Kaling stars as a young Bridget Jones-type OB/GYN trying to navigate both her personal and professional life. Kaling will write and executive-produce with Office producer Howard Klein.

The Mob Doctor

A young female thoracic surgeon (Jordana Spiro) with Bridgeport roots is split between two worlds as she juggles her career and her lifelong debt to the South Chicago mob. Drop Dead Diva's Josh Berman and Robert Wright will write and executive-produce with Justified's Michael Dinner.

CW

Arrow

Hung's Stephen Amell stars as DC superhero Green Arrow in this modern retelling of the legendary archer's adventures. Brothers & Sisters' Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim will executive-produce with The Vampire Diaries' Andrew Kreisberg.

Beauty and the Beast

Loosely based on the 1987 CBS series about an ADA and a noble man-beast who make a connection, the updated love story — with Smallville's Kristin Kreuk as the Beauty and Jay Ryan as the Beast — includes a procedural twist. Felicity's Jennifer Levin and Brothers & Sisters' Sherri Cooper will write and executive-produce.

The Carrie Diaries

Based on the novel by Candace Bushnell, a younger Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) steps into the limelight as she comes of age in the '80s, asking her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while exploring the worlds of high school and Manhattan. Bushnell will executive-produce alongside Gossip Girl duo Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, Len Goldstein and Sex and the City writer Amy Harris.

Cult

After a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, an inquisitive, young female production assistant (Melrose Place reboot star Jessica Lucas) on a wildly popular television show called Cult joins a journalist blogger (Matt Davis) in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life.

Emily Owens, M.D.

Glad to leave her nerdy past behind for a fresh start in the adult professional world, a newly minted doctor (Mamie Gummer) discovers that, sadly and comically, life at the hospital where she works is no different than high school. Gilmore Girls' Jennie Snyder Urman will write and executive-produce with Pushing Daisies' Dan Jinks.

So many chances for epic fails, but some I want to really, really work!

Ones that I want to be really good - Revolution, Crossbones, Zero Hour, The Following, Last Resort and Elementary. I figure if I list a bunch one of them HAS to be good. I'm really needing the next "Lost" to come on!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TV Fall Season New Shows- 2012 - Lose, Win, Cancelled"
Posted by foonermints on 07-20-12 at 02:04 PM

»Malibu Country
Reba McEntire stars as a broke divorcee who moves her family to Malibu «

Broke? I'd love to be so "broke"! Is she in a tar-paper shack overlooking the ocean? I am SO calling the sherrif!

Vegas sound interesting, but I am a very lazy man. *wakes up from morning nap*

»Revolution
A high-octane action drama that follows a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist«

Are they prying into my sex life? I take this as a personal affront!

lazing in the sun with sharnina

Posted by Estee on 07-20-12 at 02:22 PM
Oh, don't worry about it. You don't have a sex life in that world. In fact, no one has a sex life because they're all dead. Every form of energy has ceased to exist? So there's no heat and the corpses are frozen. No kinetic energy and the planet stopped turning. Not that we noticed because we dropped as soon as it began, since the nervous system happens to be electro-chemical...

For my part, I'm waiting for the preview issues to begin emerging: I need more detail on the new releases before I start to put a tentative schedule together. But I'm pretty sure I'm not watching this one. When you insult my intelligence before the opening credits, it's time to swap out -- and we've all had a really bad time with myth arc series that refuse to complete Chapter One before vanishing.

Posted by foonermints on 07-20-12 at 03:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-12 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

Germicho? New Dino World?orwhateveritwas Stargate Universe? let'sbeatitoapulp

Heck if I trust anything anymore.

Estee: sucking the fun out of whatever is left.
eta: I wonder if they could do something with Nazis at the Center of the Earth or Naked Nuns with Big Guns?

Posted by Molaholic on 09-14-12 at 01:00 AM
Of course, it will still be better than SPACE:1999

Posted by cahaya on 09-14-12 at 01:14 AM
Flipping those nines to sixes, 666 Park Avenue seems like it's set up for failure, and I haven't bothered to watch a single episode.

Posted by zombiebaby on 07-20-12 at 03:48 PM
For me I'm checking out Revolution, Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue. I am very excited about Revolution but I just can't get my hopes up too high. I've been burned so often by things that sound like a good concept but just crash. See: Terra Nova, The River, Jericho, Flash Forward.

"Wasn't"
Posted by foonermints on 07-20-12 at 03:59 PM
The Last Resort a bar on Mars?

Consider yourself *whacked* by Arnold.
Brings back the horrible memories, doesn't it?

"Revolution"
Posted by weltek on 09-19-12 at 10:45 AM
After hearing some friends (including ones here) recommend Revolution, we watched it via DVR.

Meh. Archery galaore! Recycled children's names from other failed shows ("Charlie!")! Black vs. White! Flashbacks! DOS prompts!

I don't know...it just feels like it's trying too hard to sell itself. Not to mention the lead female ("Charlie") isn't the best actress. It wasn't terrible, I'm just not excited about it. I'll give it another week, though.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

"RE: Revolution"
Posted by zombiebaby on 09-19-12 at 11:47 AM
I missed it and hope to catch it this week on demand. It is made by JJ Abrams so I would guess it takes place in his "universes" such as Oceanic airlines and Slushos. Was the music by the Lost guy?

The fact that the heroine is so young is what kind of turns me off of the show a little. Hearing that she doesn't act so well does not look good.

Really? Another Charlie?

Posted by Tummy on 09-19-12 at 12:35 PM
My one negative is there are no Sawyers, Jacks or Boones. In the physicality sense.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 09-19-12 at 01:00 PM
I think they will lost me soon as they just went from blackout to 15 years with a short explanation. Yes, this opens up things for back stories but there seems to be a big hole that you have to fill and I don't feel it right now. Not like I did with Lost or other shows.

Plus if planes lost total power in the air they would not spin down to earth with their engines still running and their nav lights on when it killed every other running thing. Plus some planes can fly without their engines and deploy a wind generator (see the Canadian plane that did this for a couple hundred KM). I can't beleive no one would or could get any kind of power going in 15 years: Wind, water....big holes here.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 09-25-12 at 06:20 PM
I watched the first one, and let the plot holes slide. It wasn't bad, and opened itself up to some interesting things.
But, the second one devolved quickly into any-excuse-for-a-sword fight, and way too many current political overtones for my comfort zone. And, it wasn't all that good.

Born and bred by Arkie

Posted by HobbsofMI on 09-26-12 at 12:58 PM
I got about 1/2 way and then FF the rest. It was not a good episode.

Posted by weltek on 09-28-12 at 11:30 AM
Solution:
Charlie dies. Her writers are fired. Then maybe the show would have a fighting chance. Maybe they've made her particularly unlikable to make the contrast to "post-killing two men Charlie" more stark. I'm giving this one more episode. Otherwise I'll just go watch some episodes of Highlander.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-05-12 at 03:05 PM
I have yet to see last weeks show...any good or delete it?

Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-09-12 at 03:48 PM
Ok....last week was the last straw, I'm done with this one.

"It's not just you."
Posted by Estee on 10-19-12 at 03:19 PM
TV Guide named her as one of the most annoying new characters of the year.

"RE: It's not just you."
Posted by Bebo on 10-22-12 at 07:22 PM
Article on TV Guide Online addressing the love/hate relationship with Charlie:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Revolution-Charlie-1054908.aspx

"RE: It's not just you."
Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-24-12 at 11:55 AM
The problem I had with her is she seemed to not know what the heck was going on for 15 years of the black out. Her family traveled out of the city and she saw a guy shot dead by her mom and her dad kept telling her she didn't know all the bad things that were going on out there but she was hunting on her own with her brother. You're going to tell me she never ran across anything out there? That's a really big bubble they had over their little piece of ground. Miles is even worst because he knows but keeps walking into stuff like idiots.

Last you add Ayak's electromagnetic electric and chemical electricity hole in the plot.

I'm glad I stopped watching.

Posted by bondt007 on 07-20-12 at 05:33 PM
I think "the Neighbors" is a show to make fun of the Duggar's.

"Probst is going syndicated...."
Posted by Snidget on 07-22-12 at 06:28 PM
http://www.jeffprobst.com/showfinder/index.html

Dear Jeff.

No Hantz of any kind, please.

Posted by Tummy on 09-13-12 at 06:19 PM
I watched the premiere of Revolution on Hulu. I liked it. I'm crossing my fingers it's not cancelled.

I predict Go On will be the first cancelled. Matthew Perry is just too spray tanned anymore.

Posted by Estee on 09-13-12 at 06:28 PM
I tried it. The character's swarmy know-nothing-and-don't-care nature may be perfect for a sports talk show host, but it doesn't work for sympathy even when you try to excuse it with a recent loss. He needs egos which not only pop his regularly, but play off him and top him when he isn't expecting it. Basically, they want Frasier with a mourning Bulldog as the star. And they're not going to get it.

I also checked out The New Normal and was bored by it. The characters are too cliche', the script hasn't had an original thought yet, and if I wanted to watch happy proud bigots reveling in their ignorance while trying to destroy everyone around them by inflicting their views, the GOP convention did just wrap up. And it was much funnier.

Posted by bondt007 on 09-13-12 at 06:32 PM
As much as I enjoy Modern Family, the New Normal was to me just terrible. Unfunny. Bad timing. Stale.

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Posted by Estee on 09-13-12 at 06:51 PM
Modern Family.

Really.

*shakes head*

Well, kiss that one goodbye in November.

Posted by weltek on 09-14-12 at 11:10 AM
I actually really liked Go On. I laughed quite a bit and it's not just relying on Perry. There is a robust enough cast of characters to help keep storylines fresh.

I agree with you about The New Normal. I quit watching about halfway through when the exaggerated shrew of a mother was wearing thin. It's one of those shows where I swear I've already seen the movie.

"Elementary"
Posted by Starshine on 09-14-12 at 08:10 AM
When there are already two Sherlock Holmeses going it takes some Chutzpah to throw in a third.

Lacks the excitement, otherworldness, and brilliance of Sherlock

Lacks the homosexuality, heart, stupidity and fun of the Guy Ritchie films

Watchable, but if the series opener was the best they've got it wont be renewed.

"RE: Elementary"
Posted by Starshine on 11-07-12 at 02:20 AM
OK I am really enjoying Elementary now, would I rather watch Benedict Cumberbatch? Yes, but this Sherlock is still really rather good, one liked that the plot this week was relatively straightforward.

And I am also really enjoying Arrow, but they seem to be overplotting it so I may change my mind in a few episodes time.

Late I know, but if you have a six month break in the middle of a season then it isn't one season it is two. Are you listening Warehouse 13?

Posted by samboohoo on 09-14-12 at 08:52 AM
I'm going to try 666 Park Avenue. Apparently I missed "Revenge" last year, so I'm going to just Netflix that. I'm think if I watch 666, it will flop, but if I don't, it will be great like Revenge.

Absolutely watching Nashville. Connie Britton, as Glow once put it, is TV royalty. She was completely robbed of an Emmy for FNL. At least Kyle finally got one there.

Vegas - I'll try it.

You didn't list Go On, even though I saw you reference it elsewhere. I loved the pilot and thought the second one was okay. Hope it gets better and stays.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Tummy on 09-16-12 at 10:43 AM
Did to! Under NBC.

Posted by bondt007 on 09-17-12 at 03:22 PM
I caught up with the first two episodes of "Go On" over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised - I'll continue to tune in and check it out...

Posted by Tummy on 09-17-12 at 03:31 PM
Really? I must be missing a gene, because I don't get it. I find him slightly obnoxious.

Posted by samboohoo on 09-19-12 at 03:56 PM
I need a hug

Posted by Tummy on 09-19-12 at 06:12 PM
Whatever! I did not find last night's episode entertaining either, though I tried.

PS - I almost gave you a hug then realized I just needed a "hug"e stick to beat you with.

Posted by samboohoo on 09-20-12 at 10:56 AM
LOL.

I will say that I think each episode has gone down a bit, but I still like it. For now.

I loved the first episode, especially the whole brackets part. I hope it returns to that funny.

Posted by tribephyl on 09-14-12 at 06:07 PM
Okay, a couple of things are clear every new season.
1. Studios often choose to ride the waves of previous winning styles. For every new show that becomes a hit, four of the same genre show up for the next cycle. These are pale imitations and almost NEVER capture the fans of the previous "landmark" series.

2. Studios think that past tv stars have enough draw power of their own to sustain whatever new series they are thrown into.
There are standards, set by Bea Arthur, Bob Newhart and Mary Tyler Moore, so it can be done. However, we are no longer tied to the studio system as it was in the 60's, 70's and 80's. There are a vast amount of other studios making new shows with new characters and testing new ground. Aside from Betty White, no one star can illicit overwhelming feelings of "must see" for everyone.

3. Retreads, Remakes and Revivals. While traditionally meaning cheaper, better, faster...it often leads to a been there, seen that, over it response. They keep trying though. And also of note is that the occasional spin-off will succeed through this same sort of intention but more often than not it won't.

4. Every new season, more shows get canceled than get renewed. There will be lots and lots of victims. Luckily for them, Hollywood has less of a memory recall than the viewing public.

So with those 4 points out of the way, I will begin my version of the Cancelled List; with a lot of demises.

Cancelled:
ABC
666 Park Avenue - American Horror Story with a lot less scare.
The Family Tools - With an "Earl" pedigree, it's doubtful we will be savoring yet another delightfully delinquent shlubb, let alone two of them.
How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life - Killed itself through title alone.
Malibu Country - horrifyingly loose and unbelievable concept
Mistresses - Retreading of Army Wives, Basketball Wives, etc.
Red Widow - Dutch TV for American? Nope.
Zero Hour - So what is it about?

CBS
Elementary - Interesting concept and may indeed be able to grab an audience. However, I don't see them hanging on for long as both main characters come off as annoyingly Monk-House-ish.
Golden Boy - horrifying title, but the premise has worked before. Many many times before. It will come down to likeability of the main character and I'm sorry the Golden Boy is not as golden as his name would imply.
The Job - Apprentice in Uniforms. Too meager a concept. I do see some gaining interest when the premise is stitched down and when certain job types become the focus, but 2 out of 12 shows that resound with audiences is not enough to renew. Even if it costs them millions less.
Made in Jersey - An Ally McBeal for the 21st century. Exactly. Funny, quirky, love-lorn office politics? That work environment just doesn't jive with current status quo.
Partners - Thanks Modern Family. Your inclusion of Gay Parents has had it's own genre bubble. Sadly for 'Partners', it's neither the funny or prescient one.
Vegas - This will have some fervent fans. A small rabid group who may potentially take on-line signatures to keep it afloat. They may succeed temporarily, but it will not be filming a 100th episode.

CW
Arrow - They've had success with Smallville but every other attempt at humanizing superheroes has fallen waay short. Written by drama-oriented writers means even more boring emotionally 'taut' situations and less meat-and-potatoes action.
Not to mention centering it around a less popular hero to begin with. Green Lantern, I could see. Even Green Hornet. But Green Arrow?
Beauty and the Beast - Totally personal, but I do not see the attraction with woman falls for beast storylines. Hopefully women are stronger and more self-loving these days.
The Carrie Diaries - Prequel to sex in the city. But taking out the most popular thing about the previous show, the Sex, and adding in gossiping girls, pretty little liars and revenge. Blah.
Emily Owens, M.D. - Hospital dynamics are no different than HighSchool? Ummm... really? Did the 6+ years of college teach you nothing? Sorry, too stupid to be licensed. Or renewed.

Fox
Ben and Kate - Raising Hope retread. But missing the outrageousness of regular folks factor. I actually think this might fly at first, it has the tone of a magic-moment in television, with it's new and seasoned actors and production that is as varied.
The Following - The premise is golden, the actors are popular, the producers are artists... so why will it be cancelled? Because it will be expensive. With all the big names money will be an issue and only a certified blockbuster will warrant a renewal. They need 10 million to break even, and that will not be reached, for at least a year or more.
The Goodwin Games - Nearest story-likeness: King Ralph. Posing loving family members against each other for the chance to live life a life of wealth? I couldn't care less.
The Mindy Project - This show is already the butt of many jokes from writing, producing, casting and title changes. A product of too many cooks in the kitchen.
The Mob Doctor - Seriously? How remote is this premise? A chest doctor solves the medical emergencies of the very people she despises. Another spin on good women making bad decisions. What is wrong with series creators these days?

NBC
1600 Penn - Normal family life within the White House is an oxymoron. I don't see a situation where the audience will feel connected, ever.
Animal Practice - Office in a hospital, with animals. *eyeroll*
Chicago Fire - In order for it to last it will have to be gritty and realistic. My thought is that they'll go the Grey's Anatomy route and try to sex it up. This won't fly these days.
Do No Harm - The ultimate self-sabotage storyline, but this time with a man at the center. Will people care to watch his inner-demons wrestle with each other, kill many many people and not wish that he would do us all a favor and commit suicide?
Go On - This is the closest Matthew Perry has come to being in a potentially successful post-'friends' show. With that being said, it all rests on his shoulders and he has weak shoulders.
Guys With Kids - I watched this and it is NOT funny. But I also thought the same thing about 2 Broke Girls and look what that lead to.
Infamous - A Revenge Rip-Off. I don't care if it is different in tone, or even quality, it will not be considered a hit as it will NOT perform better than the original base-material.
Next Caller - With Dane Cook on the cast, it's pretty much a forgone conclusion.

So, with that out of the way, it looks like the following shows may actually see their contracts renewed, if not temporarily.

ABC
Last Resort - A renegade nuclear power off the coast of a corrupt America? Prescient? Yes. Believable? Possibly. It's biggest obstacle at the moment is to either cut down the cost, or amass huge audiences. While the promos aren't exactly forthcoming with storyline, they sure do focus on adventure and action. Could do well.
Nashville - A bigger better 'Country Strong'. With Callie on the writing team, expect strong female characters. With Connie Britton playing one of those strong female characters look for multiple emmy nominations. Let's hope not just women are interested in this concept.
The Neighbors - Every so often, alien comedies come along and succeed. However, as to why they don't ever illicit genre rip-offs is beyond me. ALF, successful; 3rd Rock, successful; Mork and Mindy, successful; My favorite Martian, successful. The Neighbors? Successful. Look forward to at least a couple of years of clapping above your head, to denote the change in appearance.

CBS
Friend Me - Horrible Title. But even 'You Got Mail' was good. Not as good as 'Sleepless in Seattle' but nevertheless ratings were good. I suspect the same thing for Friend Me. The popularity of the show rides on the connection between Mintz-Plasse and Braun.

CW
Cult - Even though there is another 'Cult' related series premiering (see "The Following") this is more connected to the current social-networking frame of the spread of information and overall seems more apt to catch the eye of viewers. Luckily for them the CW doesn't require reaching 10s of millions of viewers in order to be judged successful.

NBC
Crossbones - Pirates on TV?! Sign Me Up! A genre which may very well lead into it's own rip-offs next season.
The New Normal - Funnier, more current and wittier writers than Partners. More appealing characters (Yes, even the bigoted grandmother, Ellen Barkin.) and even Nene Leakes is tolerable. Perhaps not the fervent fandom of Glee, but will definitely be nominated come award season.
Revolution - Completely on the fence about this one. Pedigree is huge but the promise of something exciting and new is unknown. Add to that sloppy promos and a non-concise premise and it spells feast or famine. We either buy it totally or are so turned off by the hype it goes the 'John Carter' route.
They'll have to pare down the budget to make it work long-term. We'll have to be connected to the family drama and with over-emoters like Giancarlo Esposito and Billy Burke it's unlikely to happen. But it could happen.

And speaking of, some new syndicate offerings...

Cancelled:
Steve Harvey - A doofus with a mic. An hour long, 'let's laugh at the pitiable host'. Interviews are a joke (about the host), honest reactions are overly scripted and edited. This is a bad show and Ellen should be embarassed for all the dual promos she did to help promote his show.

Renewed:
Jeff Probst - Promising. He's strong enough in character to not stoop, yet he's also extremely approachable and watchable. No doubt he's a good interviewer, if not a bit too inquisitive. But in this age of full revelations it fits well. It will depend on whether we are really more apt to tune in for celebrities or relatively regular people. Because he is definitely aiming for the regular people.

and is anybody watch Totally Biased with W Kamau Bell?
This show is good. Real good. We may very well be looking at our new Bill Maher.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-19-12 at 12:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-12 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

>Revolution - Completely on the fence
>about this one. Pedigree is
>huge but the promise of
>something exciting and new is
>unknown. Add to that sloppy
>promos and a non-concise premise
>and it spells feast or
>famine. We either buy it
>totally or are so turned
>off by the hype it
>goes the 'John Carter' route.
>
>They'll have to pare down the
>budget to make it work
>long-term. We'll have to be
>connected to the family drama
>and with over-emoters like Giancarlo
>Esposito and Billy Burke it's
>unlikely to happen. But it
>could happen.

I liked this show when it premiered a couple days ago and think it has definite potential. There's a few elements of "Lost" in there mixed in with bits of "Jericho" while also having some new features to keep it interesting with a new concept of living in a dystopian world without electricity. Definitely going onto my DVR list. I thought Giancarlo Esposito was fine in the opener so let's see how his character plays out long-term.

The other shows? I haven't watched any of the new stuff and frankly haven't heard much or know much of any of them, so I'll probably just stick to the usual favourites that are still around.

Posted by CTgirl on 09-19-12 at 01:18 PM
I taped Revolution but it is the only new show on my list. We will see where it goes.

With all the content online and netflix, if anything good comes along, I will catch up with it later, once its been proven. I recently did that with Grimm (and Downton Abbey). Several people (*waves to Tummy*) told me Griimm was good so I got it from netflix and I was/am good to go when the seasons start.

Posted by Tummy on 09-20-12 at 04:03 PM
I actually liked the second episode of The New Normal. It's tackling some issues in a good way. And I think as the show goes on the actors will gel more, I could tell a difference in chemistry from episode 1 to episode 2.

Posted by tribephyl on 09-20-12 at 06:03 PM
I liked the show too and agree totally. The only way is up.

Posted by Bebo on 09-16-12 at 07:34 PM
The three I'm checking out are:

1. 666 Park Avenue - Terry O'Quinn and Vanessa Williams should be an awesome couple. Gotta give the show a chance just because of them.

2. Nashville - Looks exactly like my kind of show.

3. Elementary - I adore Sherlock, so I have to give this a try. I don't think it will be nearly as good, but for Lucy Liu, I'll give it a try.

May check out Revolution and The Last Resort, but I'm worried these shows will disappoint (like Terra Nova, The Event, Invasion and a bunch of others).

Who am I kidding? I'm really just waiting for all of my awesome USA shows to come back - Burn Notice, Necessary Roughness, Suits, Royal Pains, and Covert Affairs. Yes, I know RP and CA still have an ep left, but I know I'll be in withdrawl as soon as those air this week.

And I still have to watch Season 2 of Sherlock. And count down to Downton Abbey.

Posted by Tummy on 09-16-12 at 08:02 PM
I watched Dowton Abbey - both seasons in 1 week. Totally addicted.

Posted by Tummy on 09-17-12 at 11:54 AM
PS - I kept seeing friends post about this show on fb and I thought it was called Downtown Abbey until I started trying to look it up on Hulu.

"Well HaRUMPH"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-17-12 at 01:04 PM

Down town, indeed.

Ever since Lost broke my tv viewing spirit I feel like I am not able to commit to any other shows - EXCEPT Downton Abbey. Cannot wait for this to start up again!

"RE: Well HaRUMPH"
Posted by CTgirl on 09-17-12 at 03:18 PM
I LOVE Downton Abbey too and it is going to kill me to wait until January when it's showing in the UK now!

If you are willing to take a chance again, I highly suggest ABC's Once Upon A Time. Season one is streaming on netflix and Season 2 starts Sept. 30th (against The Amazing Race). I can.not.wait. It's good enough that I watch it live and tape Phil...

Posted by Tummy on 09-17-12 at 03:30 PM
I'll ditto Once Upon a Time. It even soothes my loss over Chuck.

Posted by Bebo on 09-17-12 at 06:56 PM
Another vote for Once Upon a Time. I got hooked on that one and Revenge in last year's crop of newbies.

But I'm ticked this year that Revenge and The Good Wife are going to be on at the same time. Thank goodness for DVRs and Primetime On Demand viewing.

"Once Upon a Time..."
Posted by moonbaby on 09-24-12 at 10:29 PM
a few peeps suggested a show to someone who became ENCHANTED by it.

Only up to about the 4th episode and it is sooo very entertaining! The pilot reeled me right in.

THANK YOU!

"RE: Once Upon a Time..."
Posted by CTgirl on 09-24-12 at 11:22 PM
Yay! I thought you'd like it!

But get watching. The second season starts this Sunday! Prepare your DVR!

(Sometimes I think these shows are better watching them one after another then waiting from week to week!)

"RE: Once Upon a Time..."
Posted by Tummy on 09-25-12 at 09:20 AM
I love finding a good series (either book or tv) that I can read/watch in a marathon event.

Yay, Moonie - glad you're enjoying it.

"I'll never catch up in time"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-26-12 at 01:32 PM
Do you think it will matter much if I miss a few episodes here and there?

"RE: I'll never catch up in time"
Posted by Tummy on 09-27-12 at 04:19 PM
Yes!

Just record it if you can and....hurry.

Posted by Bebo on 09-25-12 at 12:20 PM
> And I still have to watch Season 2 of Sherlock.

Netflix emailed me last Thursday that Season 2 was now available!!!!

On Friday, watched episode 1. On Saturday, watched episode 2. On Sunday, cursed the Emmy voters for ignoring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Hatfields & McCoys, but Kevin Costner and Tom Berenger? Not in the same league.

Since I only have 1 new episode left, I'm debating whether to go ahead and watch it and be sad that I've seen all of the episodes or whether to just wait for awhile so I can enjoy looking forward to watching it.

"Last Resort Pilot on Hulu"
Posted by suzzee on 09-18-12 at 02:11 PM
Loved it.

Coolest Siggie Ever thx Tribe! 2008

Posted by KwietOne on 09-21-12 at 04:29 PM
Checking out, in no particular order:

Last Resort - heard it's a combo of Lost and 24?
Revolution - already saw this on-demand; have high hopes
666 Park Ave - afraid this will get cancelled
Elementary - might be interested at first, not sure yet
Partners - because Michael Urie is back
The Neighbors - interesting concept - think 3rd Rock from the Sun
Chicago Fire - since it's network TV, don't have high hopes since Rescue Me ended

Posted by KwietOne on 09-26-12 at 06:47 PM
Partners - THUMBS DOWN - not.funny.at.all - deleted off my DVR

Revolution - still on probation - that Charlie character and even her little brother annoy the heck out of me.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 09-28-12 at 03:40 AM
Yup, they annoy me, too. It's because of the focus on them that I'm already losing interest in the show (well, one of the reasons).

Forged by Cahaya, the Brave and True

Posted by kidflash212 on 09-28-12 at 08:47 AM
Agree about Partners. Not funny at all. Hope it's cancelled very quickly.

Posted by Tummy on 09-26-12 at 11:29 AM
Thumbs up from me for The Mindy Project. I didn't think I would like this, but I actually did. It's a good addition to The New Girl night.

"Animal Practice & Guys with Kids"
Posted by weltek on 09-27-12 at 12:59 PM
I had the tv on while I was making dinner and doing dishes, and had no intention of watching either of these. But alas, I was too busy to change the channel.

Animal Practice was kind of awesome. An easy listening, painting monkey? Always a winner. I love a good monkey gimmick. The characters were Office-esqe quirky. I'll watch again.

Guys with Kids? Meh. No reason to watch it again, but it wasn't terrible. Just a dad-centric (and that might be stretching it) tweak on an age old concept.

"RE: Animal Practice & Guys with Kids"
Posted by Tummy on 09-27-12 at 04:18 PM
I liked Animal Practice. I hated The Neighbors - I'm not sure how that ever got on tv.

Posted by Tummy on 09-27-12 at 09:59 PM
Loved The Last Resort!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 09-28-12 at 03:38 AM
That was a wild ride, wasn't it. I wonder where it's gonna go from here.

Forged by Cahaya, the Brave and True

Posted by Tummy on 09-28-12 at 09:36 AM
It was like watching a Tom Clancey first chapter from one of his better novels. Very well done.

Posted by weltek on 09-28-12 at 11:30 AM
Argh-sorry I missed it!

Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-01-12 at 01:01 PM
I like it but there were several military problems with it and timing issues. One how does a sub get to just off of Pakistan and not cross the equator (plus Tridents are not stationed in Hawaii)? One minute their picking up Seals off of Pakistan and the next crossing the equator. Then they hit bottom and the boat looks and works great even though it's beyond crush depth. ELF is the secondary system, or was, not Antarctica. Plus this whole NATO early warming base in the middle of the Indian Ocean? I little out of NATO's normal sphere of bases and how many missiles would be heading south? Early warning stations are put in the path of missiles thus why we want to put an anti-missiles in Poland or Czechoslovak. Exploding a nuke 200 miles off Washington DC will do no damage? I hope there were no cargo ships or anything in that area plus the wave it would cause would hit DC. 200 mile exclusion zone does nothing to protect yourself from other subs which it seems from the preview that others get on the island. Plus with all the trouble the drug runner would be moving out fast not sticking around kidnapping sailors.

I can see people getting lost or not caring real quick.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-19-12 at 11:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-12 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

I've already lost interest in the show. Way too many plots and stereotypical characters overwhelm what is good about the show.

ETA: That, and what you mentioned.

HandTooled by SpotTheDifference

Posted by KwietOne on 09-28-12 at 05:08 PM
So much TV!

Still on my DVR and haven't watched yet: Last Resort & Elementary

Still on the fence for Neighbors - funny until the "reveal" about them being aliens. I have a feeling it'll get old quick!

"Partners"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-28-12 at 06:54 PM
I didn't hate it. I will give it another go.

"Yahoo's List of Shows In Trouble"
Posted by Bebo on 09-29-12 at 01:50 PM
Based on early ratings, here's the list of shows that are not expected to hang around long:

- Mob Doctor
- Partners
- Animal Practice
- The Neighbors
- Guys With Kids
- Ben and Kate
- Vegas
- Last Resort

The only one of those I'd miss is Last Resort - Andre Braugher was terrific in the first ep. Saw Vegas and Partners, but wouldn't miss either one. Didn't want to even try the others.

"RE: Yahoo's List of Shows In Trouble"
Posted by kidflash212 on 09-30-12 at 10:18 AM
Only saw Partners. When a show resorts to "heart-on" as a joke in the very first episode, it deserves to be cancelled.

Posted by KwietOne on 10-01-12 at 05:48 PM
I think Last Resort belongs on a channel like FX or TBS. It would probably do better there than ABC.

As for Elementary - I'm still on the fence with this one. I'll give it a go one more time.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-09-12 at 04:05 PM
Didn't care much for ep.1 of The Neighbors, but ep.2 was pretty good.

"666 Park Avenue"
Posted by zombiebaby on 10-01-12 at 11:21 AM
OMG, I loved it!

Some stuff was predictable and some effects were cheesy. It's not as envelope pushing as American Horror Story yet it hooked me!

I can't really figure out where they are going with this long term but am ready to take the ride. Terry O'Quinn is just so good. I can buy him being good and I can buy him being evil. He has such a wonderful face for tv.

If it keeps up with the premiere Sunday nights with The Walking Dead and this will be causing me to stay up all night!

"RE: 666 Park Avenue"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-09-12 at 11:56 AM
I watched the pilot. I liked it, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I need to watch the second episode. And, anything with Robert Buckley and Terry O'Quinn is a double winner!

"Last Resort"
Posted by trigirl on 10-05-12 at 11:23 AM
Oh please be wrong that this is on the Yahoo Trouble list. I am really, really enjoying this show. Ben Covington has grown up to be such a big strong man and Andre Braugher is fantastic.

"RE: Last Resort"
Posted by newsomewayne on 10-05-12 at 11:42 AM
I watched my first episode of it last night. I enjoyed it and will plan to watch again. Right now, I'm hoping it sticks.

Posted by weltek on 10-05-12 at 01:03 PM
Watched ep. 2 last night, without the benefit of seeing ep. 1. I really liked it. Not sure how many seasons it will have legs for, but I can see it putting out a solid season 1.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-12-12 at 07:20 PM
DVR is probably killing a lot of shows- I am just getting around to watching this one- LOVED the pilot episode so far.

I'm going to be cancelling Revolution soon.

Tardis by cahaya

Posted by Bebo on 10-12-12 at 07:44 PM
The DVR might save this show - its ratings aren't good, but loads of people are putting it on their DVRs.

Posted by KwietOne on 10-06-12 at 07:10 PM

KEEPER:
Revolution - get rid of the actress who plays Charlie; otherwise, great show
666 Park Ave - don't watch it alone or at night or both - LOL I like it though.
Elementary - ok, like Sherlock & Watson and the quirkiness; I want to know why Watson quit

ON THE FENCE:
Last Resort - giving it one more episode - with the storyline, not sure how it would last an entire season or even longer
The Neighbors - seems like it will get old, but it's still funny

HAS NOT AIRED YET:
Chicago Fire

Posted by foonermints on 10-06-12 at 08:30 PM
»HAS NOT AIRED YET:
Chicago Fire «

Maybe it's still tied up in the courts because of that lawsuit by the descendants of Mrs. O'Leary's cow?

"Likes"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-07-12 at 04:01 PM
I like Vegas and Made in Jersey. I'm sure they will both flop.

"RE: Likes"
Posted by kidflash212 on 10-09-12 at 12:00 PM
Only watched the first ten minutes and got a The Nanny Goes to Law School vibe and changed the channel. Did it get better by the end?

"RE: Likes"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-09-12 at 03:58 PM
I liked it. I liked the story and how she figures things out. I also like Kyle Mclaughlin.

"Full Season Pickups So Far"
Posted by Bebo on 10-09-12 at 12:45 PM
NBC has ordered full seasons of:
- Go On
- The New Normal
- Revolution

Fox has ordered full seasons of:
- The Mindy Project
- Ben and Kate

"RE: Full Season Pickups So Far"
Posted by Tummy on 10-10-12 at 10:59 AM
Yay for the New Normal and Revolution and Mindy. Meh on the others.

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 11:35 AM
I'm happy abut Revolution and Mindy too. But don't steal my pashmina.

Posted by Tummy on 10-10-12 at 05:38 PM
I'll buy it back for you for 500.00 but you owe me a date.

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 08:21 PM
You'd spend 300 of it on some big bottle of nasty blue stuff. I'm off to talk to Amare Stoudamire and Baron Davis.

"More Pickups"
Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 08:24 PM
CBS is expected to announce this week that Vegas and Elementary are being picked up for full seasons.

There is also word that Fox is planning to air all 13 episodes of The Mob Doctor, the show most critics had predicted would be the first to go.

Posted by AyaK on 10-19-12 at 08:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-12 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

Revolution would be OK had they cast Charlie better and found someone, anyone, better than the obnoxious Tracy Spiridakos. My goodness, is she awful. But Danny's even worse. Now that he's reunited with Mom in Philadelphia, I'm rooting for one of the other states to use a leftover nuke on the city.

The back story between Billy Burke (Miles) and David Lyons (Bass Monroe) is far and away the best thing about it. And the presence of the great (yes, I mean it) Mark Pellegrino as Jeremy, who was apparently the first recruit in Miles' fledgling militia, which is now the power-mad Monroe Militia, means that there is a real story there that the show will d -- r -- a -- w out for as long as it can.

And I have no idea HOW you stop chemical reactions so that batteries don't even work. It's about as plausible as the Russians and Cubans invading Colorado.

WOLVERINES!

Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-29-12 at 10:08 AM
Red Dawn's remake, filmed here in Michigan, is going to finally be released this winter where North Korea as the invaders. They changed to NK after the backlash over making them Chinese.

Posted by AyaK on 11-06-12 at 03:36 PM
. . . which is tantamount to saying that they decided that making the film realistic was too controversial, so they decided to make it ludicrous instead.

"First to die..."
Posted by Snidget on 10-10-12 at 07:06 PM
MADE IN JERSEY (CBS)

"RE: First to die..."
Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 08:22 PM
That's going to thrugh off a lot of death pools. Most thought The Mob Doctor was going to bite the dust first.

"RE: First to die..."
Posted by Tummy on 10-15-12 at 10:01 AM
You're talking about me again, aren't you?

"ZOMBIES!!"
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-06-12 at 10:18 AM
CBS is bringing back Made In Jersey. Going to show on Saturday night.

"Arrow"
Posted by Bebo on 10-12-12 at 09:12 PM
Just watched the first episode of Arrow - will definitely keep watching.

"RE: Arrow"
Posted by Tummy on 10-15-12 at 10:02 AM
Me too.

"RE: Arrow"
Posted by kidflash212 on 10-15-12 at 10:04 AM
Darn. Meant to watch that and forgot.

"RIP Animal Practice"
Posted by Bebo on 10-18-12 at 10:34 PM
Animal Practice has been taken off the schedule and is being replaced by...Whitney.

WTF? They delay Whitney and Community and when given a chance they put the sucky sub in? This Greendale geek is NOT happy waiting for my show.

"RE: RIP Animal Practice"
Posted by weltek on 10-19-12 at 10:22 AM
I was kind of bummed it was cancelled. *Joins Boo on the shows I like are losers couch*

I've tried to like Whitney. It has moments, but hasn't made it to my DVR list.

Posted by byoffer on 10-19-12 at 11:42 AM
I liked Whitney. It had enough moments for me, and the guy who played her boyfriend cracked me up.

Posted by VisionQuest on 10-19-12 at 08:59 PM
I think I was the only one to watch Glory Daze, but the actor who plays Whitney's bf was also in that and I thought he was hilarious.

"An October 19th State of Mind"
Posted by Bebo on 10-19-12 at 04:08 PM
Troy and Abed In the Morning! They celebrate the start of Community on October 19th, in a way only they can do it.

http://youtu.be/7LV7M_WeGX8

"Premature burial."
Posted by Estee on 10-19-12 at 10:37 AM
NBC has canceled two of its midseason replacements before they could ever reach the air: the Munsters revival and a Dane Cook vehicle. (EW's paraphrased comment: the good news is that Dane Cook will never reach the air: the bad news is that there are four filmed stink bombs out there just waiting to be stepped on.) Given the network's dismal record over the last few years with Absolutely Everything, can they really afford to pull the plug on any project before the viewers do it for them?

"RE: Premature burial."
Posted by Tummy on 10-19-12 at 10:54 AM
Weird - I just saw a commercial for the Munsters show. But it could have aired while I was catching up on some dvr'd stuff.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-19-12 at 04:44 PM
Love the title of the column: NBC burns off 'Munsters' reboot as special

From EW.com:

So much for that Munsters reboot! NBC announced today that Mockingbird Lane, the high-concept update of the ’60s black and white comedy, will run instead as a one-hour Halloween special on Oct. 26.
NBC will pair the pilot with a special episode of Grimm dubbed “La Llorona.” Rather than offer an explanation as to why the project from Bryan Fuller (Pushing Daisies) was abandoned as a potential series, the network released this statement from Entertainment President Jennifer Salke: “This exciting new take on a memorable series will definitely blow out conventional wisdom and create its own legacy. Teaming this new show with a terrifying episode of Grimm makes the perfect pre-Halloween fright-fest.”
Mockingbird Lane stars Jerry O’Connell (The Defenders) as Herman Munster, Portia de Rossi (Arrested Development) as his wife Lily, Eddie Izzard (United States of Tara) as Grandpa, Mason Cook (Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D) as Eddie and Charity Wakefield (The Raven) as Marilyn. The network had such high hopes for the reboot that it screened a small clip — and did a panel with Fuller — at Comic-Con this summer.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/11/nbc-burns-off-munsters-reboot-as-special/

Posted by bondt007 on 10-22-12 at 04:25 PM

Fuller is suppose to be the guy working on the next Star Trek TV iteration , I believe.

"swoop"
Posted by agman on 10-19-12 at 03:39 PM

Posted by KwietOne on 10-19-12 at 07:41 PM
Verdict so far:

KEPT: Revolution, Elementary, & The Neighbors

DROPPED: Last Resort (it's perfect as a mini-series); Chicago Fire (not compelling enough to keep); & 666 Park Ave (for time)

With more new shows premiering this month (Nikita, Walking Dead, Happy Endings, & Richard Hammons' Crash Course), I had to drop Chicago Fire & 666 Park Ave. I might even end up dropping Blue Bloods too.

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-19-12 at 08:07 PM
Nikita starts tonight.

Posted by samboohoo on 10-21-12 at 02:40 PM
I love Blue Bloods!

I just watched Ep. 2 of 666 this morning. I'm still undecided. It's not a "must-watch" for me, hence the delay in watching Ep. 2.

"Chicago Fire"
Posted by susang on 10-22-12 at 01:45 PM
Chicago Fire is a snooze. Years ago, there was a better show of this type (Third Watch).

Posted by newsomewayne on 10-22-12 at 02:17 PM
I loved the idea of Revolution, but the actions and reactions of the characters just got to be too stupid too fast. I'm pretty sure guns had moved past muskets pre-electricity. And the idea that it took 12 years after "the event" (whatever) to get a single steam train running is, I think, ridiculous.

I wanted to watch Last Resort and really like it, but having been forced to watch years of Felicity, I couldn't get past (main young dude, executive officer X's) weak, please don't be mad at me, speech pattern.

Posted by Tummy on 10-22-12 at 03:02 PM
I'm starting to agree about Revolution. *sigh

I still love Last Resort.

Chicago Fire is on my dvr purely for eye candy.

Posted by agman on 10-22-12 at 05:24 PM
Hmmmmph........here I was thinking I was your eye candy!!!!!!!

Oh well that's show biz!

Posted by Tummy on 10-23-12 at 10:40 AM
You're not my eye candy. You're my cup of hot chocolate.

Posted by agman on 10-23-12 at 01:21 PM
*snort*

Posted by AyaK on 10-22-12 at 06:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-12 AT 06:55 PM (EST)

I'm pretty sure guns had moved past muskets pre-electricity.

Guns moved past muskets during the 1850s, when you were able to build machines to bore rifling into gun barrels -- but you used boiler power to run those machines, and I'm not sure there are many steam boilers around any longer, because they were SO dangerous.

Bullets were a post-electricity invention, though. Early rifles, such as those that both the North and South developed around 1862, used Minie balls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini%C3%A9_ball

Minie balls were unbelievably accurate compared to muskets. Muskets put no spin on the bullets, and so they could go anywhere, sort of like a Tim Wakefield knuckleball. By contrast, rifling put spin on Minie balls, and so they traveled true, more like a Roger Clemens fastball (post-steroids).

And the idea that it took 12 years after "the event" (whatever) to get a single steam train running is, I think, ridiculous.

Why do you think that was the first trip on the train? The tracks apparently extended, unbroken, between near-Chicago and Philadelphia. Since at least some bridges might have collapsed during 12 years, it seems very unlikely that this was the first trip.

The issue, though, would be to come up with a working steam engine that runs on a modern-gauge track. There can't be too many of those lying around.

To be honest, both of those things seem more or less plausible.

The idea of stopping power from chemical reactions in batteries, through whatever "the event" was? Preposterous.

Posted by AyaK on 10-23-12 at 00:25 AM
BTW, the closest I can get to a real idea is a global network of electromagnetic forces to disrupt any electron flow.

Posted by Tummy on 10-23-12 at 10:43 AM
I've been working on one of those for years. I just can't get it tweaked just right. The closest thing I've come to so far is zapping the batteries in my tv remote, or maybe that's just the cheap batteries Rob keeps bringing home.

Gee Brain, what are we going to do tonight?

"Arrow News"
Posted by Bebo on 10-22-12 at 07:20 PM
CW has picked it up for the whole season.

Didn't expect to get hooked on it, but Mr. Bebo and I both are.

"RE: Arrow News"
Posted by Tummy on 10-23-12 at 10:44 AM
Yay!

"666 Park Ave and Last Resort"
Posted by Bebo on 10-22-12 at 07:21 PM
ABC has ordered additional scripts of both. Not a full season pickup yet, but still promising.

"RE: 666 Park Ave and Last Resort"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-22-12 at 11:10 PM
Last Resort may need everyone of those scripts to try to tie up all the story lines that are going on once they cancel it.

It's going in so many different directions and has so many story arc's that it's losing people fast.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 11-16-12 at 09:34 PM
Both are being reported as canceled by ABC.

Posted by Bebo on 11-16-12 at 11:34 PM
Hadn't seen your post before I posted down below. Yup, both are gone after 13 episodes.

"How did they make it through last season?!"
Posted by weltek on 10-23-12 at 11:22 AM
Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 is still around? So, so, so awful.

"RE: How did they make it through last season?!"
Posted by Tummy on 10-23-12 at 06:51 PM
Shut up!!! I love that show! Bre and I watch it together and snort. I love James Van der Beek playing a caricature of himself.

"Nashville."
Posted by Max Headroom on 10-23-12 at 03:38 PM
Is anybody watching Nashville? DW keeps making me watch it, but I have several glaring issues:

1. As talented an actress as she is, Connie Britton will always be Tami Taylor. Not buying her as a washed-up country star.
2. "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World." Sorry Hayden, I can't shake it.
3. I hate country music.
4. There are too many characters in the show, making the plotlines confusing.
5. There are too many plotlines in the show, making the characters confusing.

Side note: Emma Watson will not always be Hermione Granger. Have you seen "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"?

"RE: Nashville."
Posted by agman on 10-23-12 at 04:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-12 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

My feelings about Nashville.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

feelings, nothing more than feelings.....

Posted by Tummy on 10-23-12 at 06:52 PM
Deacon - enough said. If Boo's not watching, she should just for Deacon.

Posted by samboohoo on 10-29-12 at 09:45 AM
Heck yeah!

I must confess though Tummy, I have more of a crush on Teddy than I do on Deacon. Eric Close = *swoooooooooooon*

Oh, and I've already put two of the songs on my iPod.

Posted by Round Robin on 10-30-12 at 02:33 AM
Shocks me that anybody could have a crush on Teddy. Teddy is a nutless, spineless weasel. Rayna deserves better, even with all her faults.

Posted by Tummy on 10-30-12 at 12:30 PM
I must confess though Tummy, I have more of a crush on Teddy than I do on Deacon.

Really? Man sister, we could double date and not ever fight over the guy. I don't find Teddy attractive, at all.

Posted by samboohoo on 10-30-12 at 12:54 PM
OMG. I LOVE Teddy. Love, love, love him. LOL.

Posted by weltek on 10-24-12 at 11:29 AM
I half-##### watched because it was free on HULU and I was trying a setup in my basement with my laptop and the treadmill.

I liked it well enough, but agree about the excess plot lines and characters. And yeah, country isn't really my thing. But the acting is good and the storyline has promise. If they tighten up the writing, I see this show being good.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-24-12 at 11:58 AM
1. agree
2. agree - still want to know who killed Heros: the writers or creator or studio.

I made it through 1/2 of one show and it just didn't grab me so cleared it off the DVR.

Posted by AyaK on 10-31-12 at 10:20 AM
Hey, I can answer one of your questions: the showrunner and writers killed Heroes.

When you have a show that suddenly becomes an out-of-the-blue hit, you have a lot of pressure on you to burn off three years of storyline in the first season to keep the surprises coming. Heroes burned off almost four years. And popular reaction forced them to change some of it to keep the popular characters out front.

It's hard to change on the fly. That's why you won't see Eric Kripke making any changes to the Charlie character on Revolution, despite her unpopularity. It throws all the other story lines out of whack.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-30-12 at 07:19 PM
I have tried watching multiple new shows this season. I have tried to watch Revolution, Last Resort, and Nashville.

So far the one that I have liked the most is Nashville. Deacon ~ WOW! I love this guy, everything about his character so far is great. I think the female leads are good as well. I think there is a lot of set up to it, but I have really enjoyed the entertainment of the music. I am interested in where this story will lead.

"Vegas and Elementary"
Posted by Bebo on 10-23-12 at 05:04 PM
Just got picked up for full seasons.

"RE: Vegas and Elementary"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-29-12 at 09:46 AM
I like Vegas. Didn't watch Elementary.

"Mockingbird Lane"
Posted by dabo on 10-26-12 at 09:30 PM
Well, that was certainly a different darker version of the old sit-com, 2-1/2 stars.

"Irony?"
Posted by Estee on 10-29-12 at 09:14 AM
X-Factor has been renewed for Season #3.

I haven't seen a single person here talking about having watched any part of Season #2.

"RE: Irony?"
Posted by agman on 10-29-12 at 12:59 PM
I was waiting for the live shows in hopes I would like it better this season. *crosses fingers*

I found last year to be a bit underwhelming

"RE: Irony?"
Posted by AyaK on 10-31-12 at 10:24 AM
My kids watch it. I think they're hoping that Simon will piece together another One Direction.

"Partners"
Posted by Bebo on 11-16-12 at 05:42 PM
Buh-bye. CBS has cancelled the show.

"RE: Partners"
Posted by Estee on 11-16-12 at 06:02 PM
I'm sure they'll try to make the money back on the DVD set.

Which, given the potential number of buyers, puts the cost at $178,245 each.

"RE: Partners"
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-17-12 at 09:55 AM
Good Riddance. Awful show.

"2 More Gone"
Posted by Bebo on 11-16-12 at 11:32 PM
ABC has announced that it will end two of its shows after 13 episodes.

The not-so-bad news - 666 Park Avenue

The bad news - Last Resort

Nashville has been picked up for a full season.

"RE: 2 More Gone"
Posted by VisionQuest on 11-17-12 at 00:22 AM
I always get nervous when I see this thread get popped to the top. Always wondering if one of the new shows I watch will get pulled. Last Resort - confirmed. Darn.

Posted by Starshine on 11-17-12 at 08:22 AM
666 Park Avenue seemed like a great idea, and I thought the acting was OK, but the story never really seemed to get going, a lot of setup going in strange directions but nothing compelling

Posted by bondt007 on 11-17-12 at 12:59 PM
Like you - we really enjoy Last Resort... but I just didn't understand how they make that show work in the long haul.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-18-12 at 10:02 AM
I will see 666 through its end only because I've been watching and want to see how it wraps up. I can't say I will miss it.

Love Nashville. Happy it's been picked up.

Posted by bondt007 on 11-17-12 at 01:18 PM
Blech – I tried but am done with:
Revolution
The Neighbors
Nashville
The New Normal
Suburgetoy (not new, just saying…)
The Office (should have ended last season…)

The survivors, thus far:
Last Resort (oops… never mind)
Go On
Elementary
Homeland (still the best show you aren’t watching…)

So - I guess I watch seven shows, if you include Survivor, TAR, Big Bang and Modern Family. Well, plus a plethora of food / cooking shows with my DW at various random times.

Posted by VisionQuest on 11-17-12 at 08:44 PM
I am staying with Revolution for a little while longer. Has anyone else noticed the Stephen King references that are seeming to pop up? I noticed in two, but I am wondering if it is a thing in every episode that I just missed in the other ones.

Posted by agman on 11-30-12 at 02:20 PM
I'm going to stick with it too, but overall I have been disappointed.

Posted by AyaK on 01-23-13 at 02:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-13 AT 02:07 AM (EST)

I don't think the Stephen King references are deliberate.

My issue with Revolution is that Kripke hasn't shown us enough of his backstory yet. In Supernatural, he didn't burn off all of his backstory until the end of Season 2, but he used a huge event at the end of Season 1 (the killing of Meg Mallon) followed by a huge event at the start of Season 2 (the death of Sam and Dean's father at the hands of Azazel, the Yellow-Eyed Demon) to keep us watching until the end of Season 2 (which ends with Dean killing Azazel). All of the backstory was used up by then, but Kripke had a plan to develop a power revealed in Season 2 (Sam's demon blood power) into the focus of the next two years, ending with Sam mistakenly starting the Apocalypse by using that power.

I presume Kripke has a similar plan for Revolution. Thus, I figure that we'll learn all the rest of the backstory during the second half of Season 1 and then Season 2. There are some fascinating issues in there, such as the relationship between Miles, his brother, and his sister-in-law, as well as why it became the "Monroe Militia" when it seems to have been all about Miles.

Up until now, the action has been contrived to give us enough backstory to be shocked by the loss and then partial return of power. But the pace has necessarily been slow; it will pick up now that Rachel is free and Nate/Jason is going to join with the Miles faction. We'll probably find out in the second half of this season (1) why Randall Flynn and the U.S. DoD pulled this blackout in the first place, (2) what the pendants actually do, and (3) why it's not the Miles Matheson Militia. We may not find out until Season 2 (1) why Rachel abandoned her husband and kids and marched off with Miles, (2) why Rachel and Ben let this happen and didn't do anything to stop it except for the guerilla activity of making the pendants and (3) what transpired between Miles and Bass to cause Miles to flee his own troops.

With the disaster that Season 8 of Supernatural has become under Jeremy Carver, I'm expecting more of Kripke's old colleagues to end up joining him on Revolution.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-30-12 at 03:21 PM
IMHO Nashville has gotten much better after the initial couple of episodes. Hopefully it'll survive the season.

"Emily Owens, RIP"
Posted by Bebo on 11-29-12 at 11:09 PM
Another cancellation announced.

"Take It All."
Posted by Estee on 12-11-12 at 09:45 AM
I spent some time considering what I'd say about this one.

I wanted to mention that clearly we're at the point where NBC officially stands for No Bucking Cash, because the "game" is literally designed to not give away prizes: most of what's trotted out over the course of a show will be returned at the end, and there's a reasonable chance to end the hour on an item/check cost of zero. The cheapest network found a "game" where the money could keep going around and around while never exiting the building: what a shocker. At least Deal Or No Deal was guaranteed to hand out a penny...

Got to bring up the host and his now-refined endless stall tactics, right? Is there a commercial coming? Must be, because he's talking. And won't stop.

Nothing happened, that's kind of important. An hour passed (mostly in commercials) and nothing happened. Some people talked. Prizes were not given away. Contestants left. Buttons may have been hit. No one really cared.

Moral compass. That was almost funny.

I could talk about how this was basically the single worst "game" show I've ever seen, TPIR reimagined as a slow-drop faucet where the water is meant to wear away your sanity.

But mostly, it was like this:

You're in an auditorium. The exit doors are locked. There are a hundred snorting rhinos on the stage. Cameras are filming and broadcasting the animals, live. An announcer's voice crackles on the speakers and informs the audience that for the past week, the rhinos have been given medicine which ensured that every last one of them would be constipated for the duration. And half an hour before they were brought out on stage, they were all given the most powerful laxative in the world.

The rhinos, on cue, begin to crap all over the stage. And continue to defecate. For a full hour. The cameras relentlessly film every detail. The announcer talks about the size, texture, and quality of each bowel movement. There may or may not be samples passed out.

Some degree of horror might be expected in the reaction department. Futile attempts to escape would appear from a few. Others might be disgustedly mesmerized by the spectacle. There might even be some who just held their nose and wondered who on the planet thought it would be a good idea to broadcast an actual live megacrap for sixty minutes.

And at the end of the hour, they release you to the clean air outside -- after asking you to return the following night.

Because tomorrow, they're bringing in a hundred elephants.

"Worst possible HIMYM news."
Posted by Estee on 12-24-12 at 02:52 PM
Renewed for Season 9.

My dream ending is now having his kids kill him two seconds before he finishes the story.

"RE: Worst possible HIMYM news."
Posted by dabo on 12-24-12 at 03:17 PM
Brought to you by the people who perfected:

It's going to be -- Wait for it! ...

"Reality show resurrection."
Posted by Estee on 12-26-12 at 10:05 PM
I don't believe I'm making this post, but -- we need to switch a forum back to Active. Because starting January 8th at 10 p.m. Eastern, the con? Is on. Again.

http://www.spike.com/shows/the-joe-schmo-show

I think the expression you're looking for is 'Holy crap.'

"RE: Reality show resurrection."
Posted by byoffer on 12-26-12 at 11:11 PM
A friend of mine has a software firm. He said they keep making better idiot-proof software, but the world keeps making better idiots.

I think there must be a corollary about the world making better schmos.

"Schmoback. "
Posted by Estee on 12-27-12 at 07:40 AM
The problem is finding less genre-savvy ones -- but given that the 'real' shows have made an increasing habit of casting only for unstable personalities, getting away with this may be easier than ever. They may have just needed enough time to pass so that people would no longer be looking for this specific con. Even so, I wouldn't have cast a Pittsburgher.

Tribephyl beat me to the old forum. Others may follow.

(Lorenzo Lamas as himself?)

"The Taste."
Posted by Estee on 01-22-13 at 10:37 AM
I'll check out the premiere tonight just because I never thought I'd see Anthony Bourdain tie himself to a judging panel, but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stick with it. Tasting spoons can mega-backfire at the best of times and asking people to put an entire dish into a single bite does horrible things to the concept of 'great meal', not to mention flavors gradually uniting, the flow of courses, and so on down the line. Is the collective attention span so short that one spoon's worth of food is all they can mentally digest?

"RE: The Taste."
Posted by bondt007 on 01-22-13 at 11:15 PM
Recording it for future consumption.

Posted by Estee on 01-23-13 at 09:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-13 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

Since you haven't gotten your minimum daily requirement of librul opinions to ignore, here's a breakfast serving to meet your nutrition needs. I'll keep the spoilers low.

* I don't know if this is run by the same people who are behind The Voice and even if it is, they should sue themselves just for the novelty.

* How horrible are the palettes on this panel? 'Is this lamb? Beef? Bass? Halibut? Tuesday?'

* Whole lot of regretting going on. In that sense, this really does feel like the original Voice season in that the panel has so few slots to fill and start second-guessing themselves for not leaping on someone early -- but they're afraid to burn off their scant bullets on opening fire.

* $100,000 seems cheap.

* It's going to take a lot of work before I can take someone named 'Malarkey' seriously (and I spent most of the night trying not to think Ludo Bagman?). Beyond that, the panel seems to be working out early -- they have a balance of backgrounds, cooking styles, origin points, travel, and food experience that would be envied in any eatery. (Anthony is not a great chef. Anthony is one of the world's greatest eaters -- and that's what needed here.) For all of the above (but not palette), it may be the strongest assembly I've seen in seasons. The camera work, however -- yes, I know you're not taking that contestant: I memorized your outfit and that's clearly your sleeve going for the No button...

* Everything I said about tasting spoons, double.

* The fact that all eliminations remain done by blind tasting (and the mentors presumably have no access to the kitchens or menu previews prior to those segments) is going to drive whatever drama the show has. Keep it honest and they really don't know if they're killing their darlings. Interesting.

* When you see one particular contestant go in, you will know someone else is going in right after. Spot the combo!

* No real spoiler on this one: at no time in the premiere did all four panelists go for the same contestant. Two was the maximum. Taste is subjective.

The ratings on this will be interesting.

Posted by Starshine on 01-23-13 at 07:49 PM
It was very much "We need a new cookery show, what can we do? The Voice!"

I did feel that a lot of the chefs hadn't actually thought about the spoon and were trying to stuff as much as they could on there without considering how the judges were going to eat it.

French Chef, American restaurant owner/chef, Home Cook, Gourmet/Chef. Yes I like the mix of judges.

Let's see how it goes.

Posted by weltek on 01-25-13 at 02:43 PM
I tried. I might try again, at least as a DVR-watch-on-weekend project.

Gads, I think Ludo is my favorite. Anthony Bourdain's ego has slowly made him disappear from my interest radar.

The first episode had very little emotional or cooking appeal. Hoping things pick up. I'm not sure if I'm excited to watch dessert girl go down in flames once the challenges pick up, or if I feel bad for her. Your ability to compete with the pros will always be limited by your financial means unless you work in a restaurant. A low income home cook is very unlikely to have enough experience with ingredients to make it far.

Far more interesting was this week's elimination challenge table on Top Chef. Pretty sure there was some pre-challenge cocktailing.

Posted by Estee on 02-06-13 at 10:08 AM
I can't decide if Diane took Corinne and Courtney's class in Pointless Reality Show Uber-Beyotchery or taught it.

"TV Winter Season New Shows- 2013 - Lose, Win, Cancelled"
Posted by bondt007 on 01-22-13 at 11:41 PM
Besides the Taste, I'm going to check out the Americans, the Following, and Zero Hour. These seems to be somewhat stressful shows and I really don't need to add stress to my life - but I'll at least see what they are about, as they look interesting.

"RE: TV Winter Season New Shows- 2013 - Lose, Win, Cancelled"
Posted by Tummy on 01-27-13 at 04:49 PM
The Following has the potential to give me nightmares. I'm looking forward to Zero Hour.

"RE: TV Winter Season New Shows- 2013 - Lose, Win, Cancelled"
Posted by bondt007 on 02-05-13 at 07:18 PM
I watched the first two Eps of The Following, and I'm out.

"Second, do no ratings."
Posted by Estee on 02-01-13 at 07:19 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/01/nbc-lowest-rated-drama-premiere/

NBC: Our Fails Are More Epic Than Yours

"The Job"
Posted by dabo on 02-20-13 at 01:19 PM
I expect the remaining unaired episodes to be outsourced, probably to the internet.

"RE: The Job"
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 05:02 PM
I didn't make five seconds. I turned it on, saw the job of the day was working for Cosmopolitan, asked why I wanted to watch anyone take employment with the antichrist, and changed the channel.

"Big Brother: Canada Edition."
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 10:39 PM
Starts February 27th.

I'm already counting the number of Northers who will never speak to America again.

http://o.canada.com/2013/02/20/big-brother-canada-meet-the-cast/#medium-job_fair-79627_gary

"RE: Big Brother: Canada Edition."
Posted by kingfish on 02-22-13 at 05:54 PM
Expect the Unexpected, ya hoser! And toss me a Moosehead, Eh.

(Where's Qwerty, she does this better tha me).

Posted by Starshine on 02-22-13 at 06:12 PM
Professional Youtuber?

Haven't seen many Canadians around lately, maybe they are already in seclusion?

Posted by Estee on 02-22-13 at 06:22 PM
Professional Youtuber?

We've got a pair of them on the Race course as well, although they're not claiming it as their for-profit occupation. I'm not sure where the money comes in here, honestly. It's not as if people pay you for a subscription to your channel.

"NBC: The Fifth-Place Network."
Posted by Estee on 02-22-13 at 11:37 AM
This past ratings week saw them finish every night behind ABC, CBS, FOX --

-- wait for it --

-- and Univision.

*applauds*

"RE: NBC: The Fifth-Place Network."
Posted by bondt007 on 02-22-13 at 06:34 PM
When I heard about the impressive fifth-place finsh, I was trying to recall what if anything I watched on the peacock.

I had to look.

Go On: once in a while, it's not bad. About a B-

The Office: trying to finish up with this show, they are not making it easy on me.

SNL: ...on occation.

...and that's it.