URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3764
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A moment of silence for Mel White."

Posted by Estee on 02-23-09 at 04:25 AM
Who, by openly declaring in front of a camera that his deity has better things to do than save his pulled groin, just lost the support of every self-titled church of prosperity on the planet.

And there we have the most unfamiliar of sights on reality television: a professed Christian behaving like one.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
Posted by Max Headroom on 02-23-09 at 07:55 AM
I wish that guy was around during my season. Instead, we got the Weavers.

Posted by Seana on 02-23-09 at 09:26 AM
Oh, that was just great. Didn't the lesbian ministers say something similar? I don't remember which season that was. I also liked how enthusiastic he was about the jump: "I may be old, but I want to do some of the fun stuff."

Snowiness by tribe

Posted by FishWoman on 02-23-09 at 10:10 AM
That was a cool moment. I am glad he waited for the wind to die down so he could jump instead of treking down the mountain.

Hair by Tribephyl

Posted by agman on 02-23-09 at 11:39 AM
Aw nuts!

Posted by Belle Book on 02-23-09 at 04:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-09 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

*And there we have the most unfamiliar of sights on reality television: a professed Christian behaving like one.*

I agree -- he certainly behaved like a Christian, and that's pretty rare! He didn't lose my support -- I'd have probably said something similar. If I ever went on the Race, I think God would have better things to do than help me and my partner win the Race. He'd probably be busy trying to help us do the best we can -- and if we lose, we lose.

Belle Book

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-23-09 at 10:38 PM
The truly amazing thing is that his team didn't get eliminated promptly a la the TAR12 ministers, who said that they believed that God didn't care whether or not they won - they were eliminated during that leg. Contrast that with Jameka of Big Brother 8, who said that God pre-determined the outcome of the show, and lasted to F4 (though I suppose the Almighty got the last laugh - an atheist won the season.)

Bravo to Mel - it's one thing to say God gave you the chance to run the Race, just as it's one thing for an athlete to say God gave him the chance to play well. To affect the outcome? Come on.

Besides, just once, I'd like to see someone blame God or Jesus for losing. People credit Him all the time for winning - where's the SOB who would say, "Damnit, Jesus made me screw up the Roadblock."

And now I just realized that I missed a golden line for my last fanfic. Damnit again.

And I'm not going to blame God for it.

Posted by Belle Book on 02-24-09 at 04:53 PM
*Bravo to Mel - it's one thing to say God gave you the chance to run the Race, just as it's one thing for an athlete to say God gave him the chance to play well. To affect the outcome? Come on.

Besides, just once, I'd like to see someone blame God or Jesus for losing. People credit Him all the time for winning - where's the SOB who would say, "Damnit, Jesus made me screw up the Roadblock."

Maybe Connie should've said that Jesus made her lose Estee's Survivor: The Society Islands fanfic! Of course, it would've been wrong.

Belle Book

Posted by Denalio on 03-03-09 at 01:24 AM
...just once, I'd like to see someone blame God or Jesus for losing. People credit Him all the time for winning - where's the SOB who would say, "Damnit, Jesus made me screw up the Roadblock."

Doesn't Coach basically think he's Jesus? I realize that's Survivor and we are here on TAR, but I'm hoping a lot of people will be shaking their fist at Coach's Messiah-complex sorry ass and getting him outta there soon (...although he is fun to loathe).

Awe inspiring Tribe sig!!!