URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37528
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Any OTers in the Santa Barbara area?"

Posted by miamicatt on 05-20-12 at 01:32 PM
Curious Catt is curious.

and lonely.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Any OTers in the Santa Barbara area?"
Posted by Estee on 05-20-12 at 01:37 PM
Are the pressures of fame getting you down?

I saw your commercial. Good job with the acting.

Posted by miamicatt on 05-20-12 at 03:07 PM
*sigh* Shoulda known better.

Posted by Puffy on 05-20-12 at 06:20 PM
We occasionally go to Santa Barbara. I used to have your info many moons ago, but I'm sure it's all changed. PM your info to me and I'll let you know when we go. It's a beautiful town and there will be lots of activities going on during the summer.

I waddle for Agman

Posted by Gothmog on 05-20-12 at 06:23 PM
No, but I had a friend who watched the soap opera religiously in college. She had a crush on A Martinez. Does that count?

Hiya, Catt!

"Cruz Castillo!"
Posted by moonbaby on 05-20-12 at 09:14 PM
I may have watched a few episodes myself

But to answer the curious catt-sadly no. It looks great!

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-20-12 at 08:31 PM
Agman lives in that area.

Posted by byoffer on 05-22-12 at 09:30 AM
Hey Catt, how have you been? Where have you been??

Miss you.

Posted by miamicatt on 05-22-12 at 02:09 PM
Busy & stressed & weird. The last couple of years have been..."active". We just moved to Goleta 2 weeks ago, I'm still getting used to it. The closest person I know is 5 hours away. It wasn't a big deal when I moved to Seattle because I was working & its easy to make friends at work. But as a SAHM? Little tougher.

Plus we have no internet (I'm using my phone...I apologize in advance for spellingerrors & whatnot) and no cable. And my sun allergy is acting up bad so my daughter's super PO'd that we can't go to the pool or beach for a while. I figured with such a vast & varied comunity like this? Maybe somebody lives nearby who wants to hang out.

So far the only friend I have is the guy at the liquor store but I can't visit HIM everyday....

Posted by byoffer on 05-22-12 at 02:53 PM
I had to google Goleta. So you are living there now? Quite a change from Seattle and San Fran. New job for Jimbo in Santa Barabara??

Making friends as a parent is very different. I hope you never have to try to do that as a single parent!!

When we were young we made friends at school and on clubs/teams. Then some of us made more friends at college. Then we start working and get a whole new set of potential friends. It all seems so easy (for some).

Then you become a parent and move and CARP! What I will suggest is going back to basics to rebuild your friend group. That means getting involved. That could be with your neighbours, with your kids' friends' parents, and *gasp* even away from your kids. Too many parents these days seem to feel they have to give up on their own life until their kids move away. I have certainly been guilty of this, but despite know that there should be a way to still be good parents while having some life of our own.

And if you need a starting point to re-practice your social skills, I know a great website with some excellent (and friendly) peeps...

Posted by Puffy on 05-22-12 at 11:32 PM
You know me and I'm closer than 5 hours away...just about 1 1/4 hours. Santa Barbara has a wonderful little zoo.

I waddle for Agman

Posted by miamicatt on 05-23-12 at 09:20 PM
Be careful, Puff. You mi
ght end up with guests knocking on your door...

Posted by Puffy on 05-24-12 at 11:55 AM
I have lots of books and toys for toddlers.

I waddle for Agman

Posted by moonbaby on 05-24-12 at 01:45 PM
My sister met a couple of friends through the local library's story time. When her daughter and another woman's son were both acting up at the same time they ended up taking the kids outside and went for coffee. That expanded to a group of three. That was about 18 years ago and they are still friends

In case you haven't seen this link yet:
http://santa-barbara-ca.parentclick.com/Event-Calendar/5,Classes-Clubs-Play-Support-Groups.html

"Goleta?"
Posted by IceCat on 05-23-12 at 00:32 AM
Isn't that the really smelly town?

You know... the one the Eagles sang about in Hotel California?

"no way"
Posted by miamicatt on 05-23-12 at 09:16 PM
I've been saying that for 20 years & everyone thought I was nuts. (Probly cuz I'm only 25 & they're shocked I know that song. *cough*)

They all said The Eagles were singing about "gold dust" or whatever. But now that I live here, there is a smell. Sea air mixed with diesel fuel from the airport. It is warm & it does rise up in the air.

Now get outta my head.

"RE: no way"
Posted by Estee on 05-24-12 at 12:13 PM
I was curious enough to look up the city just to see if there was any bashable material about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goleta,_California

What it mostly comes across as is deathly boring.

Posted by tribephyl on 05-23-12 at 05:00 AM
I'm roughly 3 hours away. But I haven't been there in years.

And I just love SandyBarbra.
The Tuesday State Street Farmer's Market is one of my must do's when there. Favorite restaurant is Bouchon.
Not to mention cheese/wine/panini shopping on Santa Barbara Ave.

Mentioning the Zoo, the Mission and the Arboretum as wonderful visits.

don't know what I can do about the lonely...

"I Live near LAX"
Posted by foonermints on 05-23-12 at 09:45 PM
I can probably get a hopper over there.

When I was a kid, I flew PSA over to Santa Cruz. Without shoes, luggage, or just about anything.

Posted by miamicatt on 06-09-12 at 00:49 AM
I post this and now I'm gonna be away from Goleta for at least a month. Up in Chico now & headed to the Bay Area soon. My dad's been diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer so I'm staying close to my folks these days.

Keep me posted though if anybody in the goleta/SB area wants to get together. When I do get home, I'm guessin I'm gonna want to keep busy & be around friends.

Posted by foonermints on 06-09-12 at 02:34 PM
I sometimes go hiking in the coastal mountains near Santa Barbara.
I'm a poison Ivy-Oak-Sumac magnet.
Never fear, if we ever went on a trail the Evil Plants won't be interested in you when they have
the wonderful foonerbod© to digest.
You are only about a hundred miles away from us.

About a five day walk.

Posted by woeisme1 on 06-10-12 at 01:47 AM
My son and his family live in Simi Valley and he is a funny guy. His girls are very bright and loving as well

My brother lives in the Bay area if you need hugs while you are there...he loves to support peeps and to hug And no, not in a creepy way, he is almost 72 but you'd never know it since he hasn't aged a day since turning 60.

PM me if you want phone numbers

I, too, have missed you <3