URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 375
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Richard Belzer"

Posted by nanas_art on 07-11-08 at 00:19 AM
How could anyone consider this negative individual a comedian?
I hate watching this person in anything. He brings the mood down to let me kill myself! How can he be used to select a comedian? He picked God's Pottery, they were about as funny as a turd in a punchbowl at a wedding! Pleezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Are these winners (so called) picked without realizing that the audience didn't really care fore them? Who gives them that right? Foot from England, is a close second to stupid and not funny, right behind God's Pottery! Moron's, not funny! Ku is cute, but not funny! Pleeze people, we need to complain about the abuse of the power these people are using to choosing our entertainment!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Richard Belzer"
Posted by Snidget on 07-11-08 at 06:32 AM
You are assuming the talent scouts actually have that much power.

This show has a history of the producers picking people for drama in how the comics will interact even when the talent scouts don't think they are funny.

I don't think you can put all the blame on that one talent scout. I actually like dry sardonic, perhaps even negative, comedy, so I actually liked him as a talent scout.

I dunno, God's Pottery during the auditions amused me at least a bit, more so than some other acts. Comedy is quite subjective and what is not at all funny to one person is quite amusing to others.

Posted by nanas_art on 07-14-08 at 01:09 PM
Yes, I agree that they don't have that much power. And I am aware that they are picked to produce good drama and interaction. However, They could have picked others that at least had talent. God's pottery, unfortunately looked and acted like morons.

I realize that Belzer's humor (?) is not for everyone. Thank God we have on and off switches on our T.V.'s. Kinda like, just say no!

Posted by RonReports on 07-12-08 at 11:34 AM
I enjoyed Richard Belzer on "Last Comic Standing" and as an actor on "Homicide". God's Pottery performed well in their audition but I changed channels when God's Pottery was picked as a winner in a competition on last week's show. They were so completely worse than their competition that I quit watching "Last Comic Standing" at least for that episode. I plan to give the show one more chance next week, but no more than one more chance.

Posted by nanas_art on 07-14-08 at 01:04 PM
Thankfully they lost in the face off! They are off the show as well as Miss Ku!
Now if we can get some of the other not talent off, it should get interesting.

Posted by kingfish on 07-18-08 at 03:00 PM
Richard Belzer IS/WAS a well established stand-up comedian, his comedy is dry, and acerbic, but it is comedy, it is funny (for some) and he's been doing it for a long time. What surprised me was, after getting used to him as a comedian, was his transition to acting. He is a pretty impressive presence in several films, and in the Law and Order series.

He was considered for the first guest host spot for "Saturday night Live", but Carlin was ultimately chosen.

He is a dark comedian, but a rather sharp wit, I think.

I guess it takes all kinds.

Posted by ArnoldKumar123 on 01-06-22 at 04:32 AM
Helo I found Ur awesom Nam nanas_art Randomly so I am Curious if U hav Books, Games, Internets, Musics, Radios, Stereos, Televisions, Etc in ur Posesion becuz I hav Questions about Vague Events Etc?(~~~~).