URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37436
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Two for Twosday - Those Things You Do"

Posted by samboohoo on 04-03-12 at 09:20 AM
That would make jaws drop.

This could be a companion thread to Grit's thread, but it's not necessarily a gross thread.

What are two things you do that others would probably never expect you to do and that might actually make jaws drop.

Me:

1. I will lick a plate clean. In a heartbeat. But I would never let you see me do it. Sometimes the gravy is just that good.

2. I dance when I'm alone. Booty shaking. Hips swaying. Facial expressions. Hands in the hair or out in front. There is also usually singing that goes with it. Loud singing.

Now would probably be a good time to get some kitchen curtains.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Two for Twosday - Those Things You Do"
Posted by newsomewayne on 04-03-12 at 09:25 AM
You just made me fall more in Like with you. Twice.

As for me:

1. I uh... Well, there is the... Sometimes I uh... No, I really can't think of anything right now. I like to think I'm a what you see is what you get kind of guy.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-03-12 at 02:49 PM
How you do'in?

Posted by kingfish on 04-03-12 at 09:31 AM
What I do in the shower stays in the shower.

Posted by kingfish on 04-03-12 at 09:46 AM
I hasten to add that it involves singing C&W songs.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-03-12 at 02:49 PM
LOL. I almost said, "I hope it at least goes down the drain."

Posted by agman on 04-07-12 at 08:45 PM

Posted by tallgirl on 04-03-12 at 09:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-12 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

I also do your second item but *I* sing out of tune. And when I danced like I do when alone at a wedding this weekend one of the wait staff came up to me when I was at the bar and told me she told the other staff to come out from the back to see me "kick it" I hope that is good....

Posted by samboohoo on 04-03-12 at 02:50 PM
When I have had enough to drink, I sound just like Adele. I swear.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 04-03-12 at 09:43 AM
1. A number of people have told me that they get freaked out when I start cursing. Mostly because I do it in English. A lot of people expect a guy of my (lack of) height to not be as aggressive as I am, and I sometimes shock people by picking fights, cursing, and yelling in the middle of the street.

2. I sing a lot, especially when I'm alone in the car. I know people see me when I hold my mini-concerts, imaginary microphone held in front of my mouth, but then again, they probably won't see me ever again so I don't really mind.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-03-12 at 02:51 PM
Another car singer here. At least in the car I wear sunglasses, so I can pretend not to notice the people noticing me.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 04-04-12 at 07:15 AM
When I see people noticing me when I'm singing, I look at them in the eye, hold my imaginary microphone in front of my mouth, and sing directly to them. I would occasionally point to them at the word "you", or make dancing motions with my hands when I'm singing something upbeat. I figure they probably won't ever see me again anyway, so why bother suddenly stopping singing?

Posted by jbug on 04-04-12 at 10:46 AM
My friend & I had that attitude when I lived in FL & we would go to the Keys or where ever for a weekend. We figured those people would never see us again so who cared how silly we acted!

Posted by Tummy on 04-03-12 at 09:43 AM
Always up for a good twofer.

1. I'll eat ice cream out of the carton. But only if I'm by myself. I won't even do that in front of Rob. It seems really decadent by myself but somehow piggy if someone else is there.

2. One of the sofas sits in the middle of the living room - I've been known to throw myself over the back into a perfect lay down position instead of walking around it and sitting down. I would never do this in front of Rob as it would give him the go ahead to do things like that all the time. And we can't have both of us acting like hooligans.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-03-12 at 02:52 PM
I will totally eat ice cream out of the carton. I was trying to think of something similar to your Number 2. I will sit on the arm of the chair or jump or bounce on furniture I shouldn't either. And then of course I fuss at Conner for jumping on the sofa like it's a trampoline.

Posted by weltek on 04-03-12 at 11:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-12 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

*gag warning*
1. If I nibble a little piece of cuticle or dead skin off my finger, I don't spit it out.

2. I feed my cats soft cat food on our regular dinnner plates. They go through the dishwasher, but I think some people may be very repulsed by this.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 04-03-12 at 11:41 AM
Same here. I've been a chronic nail-biter since grade school. I used to chew my nails into tiny pieces before I finally spit them out. What I do now is to put rubbing alcohol on my hands whenever I get the urge to bite my nails.

Posted by agman on 04-03-12 at 05:08 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I didn't need to know that!

Posted by Tummy on 04-03-12 at 01:28 PM
*vomit

Don't ever let my MIL see you do that!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-03-12 at 01:33 PM
We leave any dinner leftovers on our dinner plates, put it on the floor for the dog to slurp up, then we just put the plates into the dishwasher. Nobody seems to have an issue with it as long as the dishwasher does its job of cleaning.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-03-12 at 02:45 PM
You may have just stopped my plate licking.

Posted by grit on 04-03-12 at 06:51 PM
Feeding animals off of regular plates doesn't bother me as long as the plate goes into the dishwasher. We have a heating element in our dishwasher so it boosts the water temperature in order to sanitize the dishes.

But if someone were to lick the dishes just before I eat off them then I'd be grossed out.

Posted by byoffer on 04-03-12 at 12:54 PM
1. I will lick a napkin to clean my youngest's face. Done this for years with all my kids. I will add, though, that I have recently changed my routine a bit and now get the kid to lick the napkin themself. Maybe less gross?

*ick warning*
2. If I don't have a kleenex (which is rare), I will use the "Polish handkerchief" technique (basically a nose spit). I have notiously bad sinuses (thus almost always have kleenex), and figure getting "it" out under my control is better than the alternative. Worst is when I jog, as I never have kleenex then. I would like to think I am considerate about others when I do this (try to be secretive).

Posted by samboohoo on 04-03-12 at 02:47 PM
I have had to use whatever is available in the truck before for a handkerchief, including my gym towel or even my shirt. I'm always thankful for the clear drips for such cases.

Posted by Molaholic on 04-03-12 at 06:52 PM
>>wondering if Googling "Polish Handkerchief" will result in something other than what I it will...

Posted by byoffer on 04-03-12 at 11:18 PM
I found one urban dictionary that described it as blowing one's nose onto one's hand, and then flicking the boogers off. I prefer to block one side and release the booger from the other straight onto the ground. Not that I like spitting, but it is sort of a nose spit.

Okay, enough (or way too much) of all that.

Posted by Karchita on 04-04-12 at 02:33 AM
That is what is called a 'snot rocket'.

At least by my very dear H.

Thanks snidget & tribe!

Posted by motormouth on 04-03-12 at 02:55 PM
For some reason, no one who knows me well could believe I had taken up kayaking or fishing. I guess I give off a girly-girl image. *shrug*

The only other obvious answer for me is swearing. It’s not natural for me unless I’m feeling an extreme emotion, such as fear, anger, or...something else.

Spring All season sig by Arkie!

Posted by mrc on 04-03-12 at 02:55 PM
1. I actually care about my students and converse with them on a daily basis.

2. I talk to myself. Not as much as I used to, but pretty consistently.

A Slice of Manga
Like I'm going to disclose *real* dirt about myself.

Posted by Silvergirl1 on 04-03-12 at 03:34 PM

I talk to myself, too, but I'm trying to cut down.

I also curse out of control when I am driving. I guess you could call it road rage, or maybe just road fear. Other drivers are crazy. I almost feel like I have turette's syndrome.

Looking forward to Spring!!

"I really did just LOL"
Posted by moonbaby on 04-04-12 at 02:28 PM
I also curse out of control when I am driving. I guess you could call it road rage, or maybe just road fear. Other drivers are crazy. I almost feel like I have turette's syndrome.

This is when I curse the best (worst?)

"RE: I really did just LOL"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-04-12 at 03:34 PM
This is when I had to convince my 3 year-old that I said, "trucker."

Posted by motormouth on 04-03-12 at 05:10 PM
I actually care about my students and converse with them on a daily basis

*swoon*

Like I ever thought you would.

Posted by mrc on 04-04-12 at 10:39 AM
:bows:

A Slice of Manga

Posted by foonermints on 04-03-12 at 04:08 PM
1. I dont do drugs, although no one here will ever believe it.

2. I will make curtains for you. For free.*

Peace Out with Agman!
*A new tech woven material that can upload visual images onto the internet. Can't be any worse than grit's mother-in-law-and-the-spoon, can it?

Posted by byoffer on 04-03-12 at 05:24 PM
No, you make us do drugs!!

Posted by foonermints on 04-03-12 at 05:43 PM
Lookee! Spoken by "The Polish Hankerchief" himself!

Not that I would ever do anything like that.*

*At least, not when anybody is looking.

Posted by Mattyboy on 04-03-12 at 06:59 PM

1. I never understood people that read on the toilet, but I have been known to *squat and surf* now and then. Surfing the web on my Ipod while on the toilet.

I fear I may have revealed too much about myself already, so I'll wait on #2 until later.
Pun very much intended.

Posted by jbug on 04-03-12 at 07:43 PM
good one matt

Posted by Karchita on 04-04-12 at 02:37 AM
It's not the drugs you may or may not do today. It's all those drugs in the deep recesses of the foonerpast.

Speaking from experience.

Posted by foonermints on 04-04-12 at 09:23 PM
Probably sulphur.

I spent a lot of time in natural hot springs. Sometimes by myself.

Posted by grit on 04-03-12 at 07:00 PM
1. I listen to alternative rock - Pearl Jam, Black Keys, Seether, Weezer, Breaking Benjamin, RHCP, Death Cab for Cutie, Cage the Elephant, Incubus, etc. - which I never thought was a big deal. But apparently it's a big deal for a 48-year-old woman to listen to that kind of music. When my one sister-in-law recently found out, she was shocked and then had some very disparaging things to say about my tastes in music. Which meant absolutely nothing to me coming from someone who regularly listens to the "Lite" station and still loves to listen to disco music.

2. When no one is home for dinner (like tonight), instead of either making a healthy dinner or heating up dinner leftovers, I'll eat whatever I feel like. Tonight's dinner was salami, Italian olive salad, string cheese, a packet of mixed nuts and some reheated green beans (because I felt guilty that I wasn't eating healthy and thought I needed a vegetable).

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

Next up, some sugar-free chocolates.

"OMG"
Posted by Karchita on 04-04-12 at 02:42 AM
You are my secret twin!!!

Tonight for dinner I cleaned out the fridge and had brown rice and hummus and sauteed brussels sprouts and ponzu sauce, all mixed together. And I love me a little Pearl Jam.

That's it. I'm all out of secrets.

Posted by weltek on 04-04-12 at 10:42 AM
I could've written both of these, except that I'm still in the "that music is acceptable for your age" crowd. I hope I'm as hip as you in another 13 years. <---I pretty much just called you old, but in a complementary fashion.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by byoffer on 04-04-12 at 04:29 PM
I'll be your music twin too! (and I am old too)

Currently I am loving Gotye link, Black Keys link, and the new Jack White song is awesome.

My son and especially my daughter are into alt and indie music. DD loves Canadian folkie Dan Mangan link.

What else do I need to hear, people??

Posted by grit on 04-05-12 at 10:12 AM
I love all three of those songs. My daughters thought I was being obsessive about the Gotye song until they heard it themselves. Very cool song.

Agman celebrated 10,000 posts and all I got was this lousy t-shirt fabulous sigpic.

Posted by Riordan on 04-04-12 at 10:23 AM
1 - I am ashamed to admit that I have a very childish, passive
agressive habit at work. If there is no toilet paper in the restroom, I will not dump out the liquid in a drink I am throwing away. Have paper, I will pour out the liquid in the sink then throw out the empty cup. I know this is wrong, but I view it as if you are going to make my life slightly more unpleasant than it has to be, then I shall return the favor. Having had to take out garbage full of liquid at a previous job, I know how gross it is. So it is my pathetic version of justice.

2 - I sand my heels with a Dremel. I get cracked heels so bad that they bleed. I tried every thing on the market to treat them. Lotions, pumice stones, Heel Tastic, Ped-egg. Some things help, but nothing has been a cure. I got the idea from the Pedi-paws dog nail trimmer commercials. It works the same as a foot file, but is so much more efficient. I still use the lotions, etc and some wonderful gel socks from Kohls. But thanks to my Dremel, I have the smoothest, softest feet ever.

Posted by jbug on 04-04-12 at 10:50 AM
I may be a bit confused.
I never put a cup or can with liquid still in it in the trash. I always pour it out in the sink.

I don't get the part about no toilet paper.
Why do you need toilet paper to get rid of a cup?

Posted by Riordan on 04-04-12 at 11:32 AM
I generally pour out liquid before throwing anything away. This is my one exception, and I only do it if I have found myself stuck in the restroom at work with no tp (which I need for the usual reason). Later in the day when I go to throw away my drink from that day, if I have enjoyed a no tp experience, I will drop my non-empty cup in the garbage. Where I work the person responsible for maintaining the restrooms is the same person responsible for taking out the trash. Since supplies are locked up, we cannot retrieve tp for ourselves. They are giant commercial sized paper rolls & there is a double holder in each restroom. IMO, there is no excuse to run out. If I could solve the problem myself, I would and go on about my day. Since that option is not available, I act juvenile and petty.

I always clean up any mess I cause or make at work. I even bring cleaning products from home to clean my desk area at work, since we don't have access to cleaning supplies, and I don't want anyone else cleaning my desk. I just get frustrated when I am inconvenienced by someone else not doing their job. So in my small way, I make their job just a little more ick. Not very nice, but basically harmless. I know. I'm a horrible person. You can unfriend me if you want (but I hope you don't). ;)

Posted by jbug on 04-04-12 at 12:31 PM
no no no!
No problem.
I just didn't get the connection between the TP & the liquid
Now I understand completely.
I would never unfriend you for something like this!
Now, not sharing a square if you had one & I didn't? might be a different story

Posted by grit on 04-04-12 at 01:55 PM
Y'know, Rio, that's kind of passive-aggressive. I should know because that's exactly the sort of thing I would do. Let's start a club! My husband already tells me I'm the queen of passive-aggressive.

Now I have to go and see if we're friends on Facebook. If we're not we should be.

Agman celebrated 10,000 posts and all I got was this lousy t-shirt fabulous sigpic.

Posted by Riordan on 04-04-12 at 09:14 PM
LOL, yes. I've gotten the "queen of" title as well. And please do add me.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-04-12 at 11:45 AM
She doesn't.

She is saying that she is inconvenienced by not having toilet paper so she is going to cause an inconvenience for the restroom staff by dumping a full cup of drink in the can.

Working at the baseball field, I know how heavy that makes the bags. Multiply that by about 10 or 20 when you have one or two teams doing the same thing.

I didn't understand at first either and had to re-read.

Posted by jbug on 04-04-12 at 12:32 PM
How did you make that connection?

Posted by samboohoo on 04-04-12 at 03:33 PM
I recently spent a day hauling trash at the ballfield full of full water bottles and drinks.

Posted by Riordan on 04-04-12 at 09:12 PM
Not fun. I used to work at a day care. I've taken the trash many times full of milk dumped by 100+ kiddos. Disgusting.

Posted by Silvergirl1 on 04-05-12 at 10:32 AM

Per your #2 - Last year I bought a small battery operated nail filer with 4 buffers and sanders. I showed it to my DH, and he told me I would be better off using a Dremel. He showed me his Dremel, and I bought a set of over 20 pieces to grind, buff, and sand my nails with. It was much better and less pricey than the cheaply made one from the beauty supply store.

I never thought about using it to sand my feet. I will have to do that, because my feet feel rough, and I usually notice them when I am lying in bed.

It will be nice to have smooth feet. I have the socks with gel heels on the inside.

Posted by Molaholic on 04-04-12 at 12:02 PM
1. I post two-for-Tuesday things on Wednesday (and then I'll only post one).

Another Agman masterpiece (2011)

"Boop!"
Posted by Silvergirl1 on 04-04-12 at 05:36 PM

I boop on post 52.

Looking forward to Spring!!

"RE: Boop!"
Posted by jbug on 04-04-12 at 07:12 PM
and I boop on post 53!

Crusin w/ Tribe