URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 374
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Music"

Posted by Tess313 on 10-22-07 at 01:19 PM
Hello All - I'm new here, and wondering if anyone else is really annoyed by the music they choose. I'm much more of a traditionalist, but I've tried to go with the flow of their choices. Not thrilled, but going with it. However, this past week the music was so out of place and distracting, it really ruined the show for me. None of the Vienna Waltz music worked (e.g., Piano Man, not very romantic). And what was that Can Can song Jenny Garth was dancing to? It really takes away from the dance if the music doesn't support and compliment it. I wish the dancers could pick their own music. It would probably be a lot more creative and interesting.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Music"
Posted by qwertypie on 10-22-07 at 06:24 PM
Hi Tess and welcome!
If you get a chance to read through any of the East Coast Update threads, you can read about us driving pickaxes and other sharp instruments through our eardrums with some of the song choices and renditions. The producers sure can handicap a couple with a musical clunker.
I am always willing to push the envelope on what is accetable music, but DWTS suck in this regard (especially with quickstep, tango, paso, fox trot, cha cha, samba... Oh, hell, they just suck).

We have a drinking game going, this makes the show much more bearable IMO

Posted by Tess313 on 10-23-07 at 06:08 PM
Now, a drinking game could improve the music immensely. Good idea. Unfortunately, I tape and watch it on Sunday afternoons - when I'm completely sober. I see my problem. Anyway, thank you for chiming in. I know that I can't be the only one who feels like this. With Len being the stickler he is about proper ballroom dance, you'd think he would step up and do something about it.

Posted by irishrose on 10-25-07 at 03:37 PM
Could you be talking about say the Music form Superman and other great song choices they make. To bad they don't use taped music like so you think you can dance.

Posted by mattben on 10-25-07 at 09:21 PM
Can't really comment on the music. I watched my first time, first 10 minutes, saw about Marie Osmand's fainting, and maybe last 5 when Mark Cuban was booted. Didn't hear any music.