URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3735
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.10"

Posted by ARnutz on 12-01-08 at 07:57 AM

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This week, the teams continued to race around Moscow. When they set off from the pit stop, they had to get to a submarine and find the actor who appeared in the Hunt for Red October. That clue sent them to the Graveyard of Fallen Monuments. It was there that they found the Roadblock, which was to count the statues of Lenin and Stalin and report to an antique bookstore with the proper code. That code was also a page number in the book with their next destination.

The book sent them to an apartment building on Sadovaya Street, where the next clue sent them to Sokol’niky Park to find a woman with a Shetland pony. There, they came across the Detour. Teams had the choice of Ride the Rails and Ride the Lines.... oh who cares?!?!?! Toni & Dallas are gone!

Don't forget to check out last week's rankings, by kidflash. They can be found here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID20/3731.shtml#21

Rank. Names (last week's rank)

1. Dallas & Toni (1) – I don't care if they were eliminated, they are number 1! They never let anything get to them, they were always respectful to everybody and they enjoyed the ride the whole way.

2. Nick & Starr (3) - OK, well at least I can tolerate them.

3. Ken & Tina (2) – ditto.

What do you mean there's another team? Nope. I don't think there is.

OK! Your turn!!!

Please join me next week, when you will have the opportunity to rank all teams from the whole season!

Wheeee! TAR is back!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.10"
Posted by Max Headroom on 12-01-08 at 08:10 AM
1. Nick and Starr (2) - By default, as Tina is a shrew and DAndrew is a joke. Barring a "lost money and passport" moment or a really bad taxi driver, these two look like winners. They've been the best racers by far over the course of the season.

2. Ken/Tina (3) - I like Ken. Tina? Not so much. But I wouldn't be disappointed if they won.

3. Dan/Andrew (4) - And Team Next-To-Last skates into the final leg. Aren't we lucky?

Philiminated. Dallas/Toni (1) - Nice people, good racers, Dallas just had a momentary lapse of reason. As the most competitive parent-child team ever (sorry, Momily), these two earned my respect.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 12-01-08 at 09:08 AM
1. Dallas & Toni - I admire their perseverance in a hopeless situation. I cannot imagine any of the other teams putting in the kind of effort they did. Nick and Ken might have made an attempt, but they would have been weighted down by whiny and hysterical Starr or shrewish and hysterical Tina, respectively.

2. Nick & Starr - They are obviously the team to beat. Dallas and Toni are nicer people, but Nick and Starr are better Racers.

3. Ken & Tina - How incompetent do you have to be that the other team beat you to the mat? (Of course, the other team did not actually complete their Road Block. It looked like the judge simply decided they had embarrassed themselves long enough.)

4. Clueless Andrew & Skidmark the Spastic Fvcktard - Do you remember that episode in Clue when Madeline Kahn just loses her cool and seems to want to gouge out her own eyeballs all while babbling semi-coherently because she is so fvcking angry? That's the reactions I have when I see either of you two buffoons try to do anything.

"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-01-08 at 07:52 PM
"I hated her soooo much - it, it flames, flames , flames on the side of my face, breathing breasts, heaving......"

Love that scene!!

Posted by dabo on 12-01-08 at 10:04 AM
1. Nick and Starr * best of the remaining racers.

2. Ken and Tina * her neediness might provoke him into pulling them to the finish first if only so he can finally get some downtime.

3. Andrew and Dan * I'm beginning to think these two were hired to play the parts of Andrew and Dan since it isn't actually possible they are still in the race.

Philiminated. Toni and Dallas * shucks, but for one incredibly bad mistake they would certainly be in the run for the million.

Posted by samboohoo on 12-01-08 at 10:28 AM
1. Dandrew: Thank you for the entertainment fellas. Woo Hoo!!!

2. Toni & Dallas: Slightly boring, but sweet.

3. Nick & Starr: Despite Starr's whining, they work well together.

4. Ken & Tina: STFU Tina. My cod, I'm surprised Ken only cheated once.

Tis the season.

Posted by ARnutz on 12-01-08 at 12:08 PM
1. Dandrew: Thank you for the entertainment torture fellas. Woo Hoo BOO!!!

There. All fixed.

I *heart* you Boo, but you need to have your head examined!

Posted by Jenna_F on 12-01-08 at 11:09 AM
1) Nick and Starr: They're clearly the best team there, and I apparently I'm in the minority here, but I also like them as people. That said, best team hardly ever actually wins this show...

2) Andrew and Dan: To be fair to these guys, they actually ran a good leg this time. They started out way behind and managed to catch up and pass 2 teams. This doesn't make up for how much they've sucked all season, but it's a start.

3) Ken and Tina: They started out strong as one of my favorite teams, but just kind of degenerated as things went on.

We have Nick and Starr plus 2 non-eliminated teams, who are only there from luck. Every time a non-eliminated team wins the race, even teams I like, it makes me like this show alot less, and puts me closer to wanting to quit watching. I think it says alot about how silly The Amazing Race is as a competition that the winners of Amazing Race All Stars had placed last on a leg and should have been eliminated.

Posted by emydi on 12-01-08 at 01:01 PM
Not read anyone's yet

1. Andrew & Dan (4)(5)(4)(3)(3)(1)(3)(2)(1)- I had a feeling that they were destined for the final 3 and were not the ones who lost their passports. Oh, that poor dance instructor....she just made them do it twice, otherwise, they would have been there all day. I'm hoping that they win I really like Andrew and Dan is okay.

2. Ken & Tina(8)(4)(2)(1)(2)(4)(2)(3)(3) - I actually think they will win this. Will their marriage survive...I have no idea. Tina was very nice to Dallas with the 62.

3. Nick & Starr-(9)(9)(8)(7)(6)(6)(5)(4)(4) - I was so hoping that they lost the $ and PPorts. I really do not like them. They are both spoiled little brats. I hope they come in 3rd.

Philiminated

Dallas & Toni(1)(2)(1)(2)(1)(2)(1)(1)(2)-that was sad. Phil had watery eyes and so did I. I wonder how close the taxi was when he figured it out. I would have ran after the cab! I'm sure (hopefully) the producers got the passports back from the cab so D/T could travel on the last finish line asap.

Posted by dajaki on 12-01-08 at 01:09 PM
1. Nick & Starr: don't drive me insane and have run this race very well. I really hope they win because the other teams are incredibly horrible.
2. Andrew & Dan: still rank as one of the more ridiculously stupid teams ever, but they were finally able to pull their heads out to finish respectably.
3. Ken & Tina: are so smug, condescending and awful that I will be sick if they win. Tina is a nightmare.

Posted by cahaya on 12-01-08 at 05:34 PM
Ok, that does it... that absolutely, completely does it.

1. Dan and Andrew - we would love, really love to see you guys off the show. But since you're here, we're gonna show how much we would love, really love, to see you guys get lost. Jinx.

2. Ken and Tina - she's a shrew and he's a good guy. Way to tell her off - 'let the man have his smoke'. With the luck they've been having, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they won the Race.

3. Nick and Starr - you're favorites to win, sure, but don't start feeling like you're entitled to it. Besides, you've got enough vacation prizes and toys to last you a lifetime.

Philiminated - Dallas and Toni - my favorite TAR team for a long time, maybe my fav of all time. If there's another all-star season, bring them back!

Smurfy snowy holiday present by agman

Posted by shimane22 on 12-01-08 at 06:22 PM
1. Ken/Tina- Yeah, their relationship issues are boring to watch. But I think Ken is a genuinely good guy and Tina could be worse. Plus they are skilled racers (usually).

2. Andrew/Dan- Wow. The only thing amazing about this race is that these two are still around.

3. Nick/Starr- I hope I get to see their smug faces turn crestfallen when they don't win.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-01-08 at 06:57 PM
Is there any set of circumstances which could result in no one winning? I don't want to see any of these three get a million dollars. There is usually one team I'm rooting for in the Final - not this time.

1)Andrew & Dan - Did I really just type that? I hope they win - they seem most likely to lose the money stupidly and quickly. Betting on the Lions to win the Super Bowl, that sort of thing. That way it would be like no one won - most of the money would likely wind up in the thong of a stripper anyhow.

2)Nick & Starr - The idea of two obnoxious brats who have coasted through life getting everything they want (as Starr said, "I'm used to things going my way") getting a million bucks irks me. They are the best racers and I really can't see how they can lose.

3)Ken & Tina - He's not so bad but I feel as if he acheived a major dream by playing pro football, it's someone elses turn. She is just a gruesome, miserable witch. There is something completely unlikeable about someone who does something sorta nice for someone else and then says "You owe me". And makes sure she mentions it again later to get credit. The "I got everyone a bigger plane - worship me" Tina was back last night.

One of the hardest eliminations (no the hardest) to watch. Felt really bad for Dallas, that must have been one of the lowest points in his life. This team was dead last on my preseason list but I grew to really like them.

I'm going miss doing the stats and reading all the funny, snarky lines you guys come up with - and a shout out to the giants whose shoulders I stand on - sittem & Max Headroom

Posted by CTgirl on 12-01-08 at 06:57 PM
1. Nick and Starr – I don’t love 'em and I don’t hate ’em. It’s been kind of boring watching them dominate this season, but they are good racers and I’d be okay with them winning.

2. Ken and Tina – Tina’s voice could peel paint, but she has a good heart underneath it all. She has helped several teams over the course of the season – will that be good karma or will it come back to bite her? (Dandrew would be gone if she didn’t help them in Delhi.) I’d be okay with them winning too.

3. Dandrew – Andrew is a nice enough guy. I don’t know why he’s friends with Dan though. Dan is a creep as evidenced when he was happy that Dallas and Toni lost their passports. If that’s what it takes for you to stay in the race, you don’t deserve to be in the final three! If they win I’d like to threaten that I’d never watch the show again, but I’d be lying. I’ll be back next season no matter who wins!

Philiminated: Toni and Dallas – I loved this team and how well they worked together and supported each other. *sob* I can’t believe they’re gone!

Dash Away by Agman

Posted by PsychoKitty on 12-01-08 at 07:23 PM
I'm with Arnutz:

1. Toni & Dallas - What a horrible mistake - it cost them a million dollars and us the chance to see them compete, and gave Dandrew a chance at it too. OH GAWD! Anyhow - they are great people and really grew on me and I wanted them to win it. Their elimination is just a terrible shame!!! And what class to keep on racing even though they were probably going to be eliminated anyway, because they couldn't leave town without their passports. Too bad they chose the trolley, if they'd done the metro they might have placed and had a chance, and we could have seen what the producers would have done. Boo hoo!

2. Nick & Starr - They are the best racers throughout and they are the ones left that I want to win this. But she is grating and high maintenance. He is showing remarkable maturity by staying focused and grounded for the most part. I hope they can pull it off.

3. Ken & Tina - Nice enough and yet he is a doormat and she is a shrew. "Ken, you never show me any positivity!" - "the rest of the race is about how he treats me and the value of our relationship" - well ACTUALLY Tina, it's about winning the MILLION DOLLARS and you'd better focus on THAT instead! I'm curious to see if her neediness costs them the whole thing.

4. No one says it better than HistoryDetective! Clueless Andrew & Skidmark the Spastic Fvcktard - UNFV***NG BELIEVABLE!!!!!!! How can these two douchebags still be in this! This is such a horrible scenerio - and the idea that they could win it is a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!! And they are the LEAST DESERVING, MOST INEPT TEAM OF ALL TIME!!!!! Did I make myself clear? Because, as you know. . . I keep my opinions to myself

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Posted by warp_core breach on 12-02-08 at 03:55 PM
1. Nick & Starr - I don't love them but I don't hate them either. The most competent team this season. It would be nice for a different sort of team to win the race other than the usual couple team or male team... even though watching them week after week come in first has become boring.

2. Ken & Tina - It still bothers me that these two actually base the future of the relationship on if they win the race or not. Hello!!! It's called sitting down and talking about it, going to counselling, etc.!! Not putting yourselves in one of the most stressful situations you'll ever be in, and we all know that the race doesn't bring out the best in even the best of people.

3. Dandrew - I had a horrible feeling that this would happen. But I'm not worried (too much). In the past seasons, there have been a few incompetent teams that have slithered into the finals only to come up short and not factor into the final leg at all. Here's hoping this remains the case! The crappy thing is that this was Dandrew's best leg and it paid off when we didn't want it to!!

Philiminated - Toni & Dallas - Ahhh! Such sh!tty luck!!! I really didn't think that it would be this team who lost their passports. I had my money on Ken and Tina or Dandrew. I think if Toni was there, it wouldn't have happened. I questioned Toni's decision to let Dallas do that Roadblock... it was much more her type of Roadblock than Dallas'. I would have hauled a$$ after that taxi cab - even though I don't know how long it was until Dallas noticed. The traffic was crap and he could have caught up to the cab if he had realized his misfortune sooner. He felt like a bag of sh!t and so I can't stay angry at him. They tried to finish the leg with dignity and succeeded. Boring team, but I will miss them.

Siggie courtesy of Seana

Posted by zorayah on 12-03-08 at 01:53 AM
1. Nick and Starr - as if there is any other choice. To be fair they are a competitive team

2.Andrew and Dan - it's not funny anymore but hey they gotta rank somehow

3. Ken and Tina - I'll start to pay attention to them when they quit talking about their relationship. TAR is not your shrink people! Gees...

Philiminated. Toni and Dallas - very unfortunate situation them got themselves in

Posted by Seana on 12-03-08 at 02:20 AM
Yeah, it's hard to find any lvoe now. *sigh*

1. Ken and Tina (2)

2. Dan and Andrew (3)

3. Nick and Starr (4)

Eliminated: Toni and Dallas (1) I still can't believe it was them. I was pretty sure Dan/Andrew and Nick/Starr wouldn't be eliminated because they were shown in the previews during the voiceover about the unprecedented mistake. But I thought this was more of a Ken/Tina error. You know, I even thought about betting all my points on Dan/Andrew in Jims' game. Oh well.

Phil's sig courtesy of agman

Posted by MaryKat on 12-06-08 at 03:02 PM
1. Ken and Tina - I really like him,but Tina can be really awful.
2. Andrew and Dan - It has taken the entire race to figure out that I like Andrew, Dan is horrible.
3. Nick and Star - I really don't like either one of these 2.

Posted by louislam on 12-07-08 at 11:41 AM
1. Ken/Tina (2) - Without Toni and Dallas, this is the only team I want them to win, they seem to get along better and better as the race comes to an end, I really hope they could get first in the final leg.

2. Andrew/Dan (4) - Well, I have to give them some credit for getting second this week even with a speed bump, so that means even Toni/Dallas did not lose their belongings, they would still manage to get into the final 3! This is really an achievement for them I believe.

3. Nick/Starr (3) - I know they are the strongest team, but I really don't want them to win.

Philiminated - Toni/Dallas (1) - I still could not believe Dallas made such mistake at this point of the race, maybe it's a better idea for Toni to do this roadblock, she might have save their fate.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Posted by redbaronii on 12-07-08 at 04:56 PM
I missed last week but here I go...making it up.

1 (1,1,3,7,6,2,1,1). Nick/Starr - Well, they are the best racers left and I would not be surprise, with the history of TAR, that they did not win.

2 (4,8,7,6,5,5,4,3). Andrew/Dan - OMG they actually have a good leg! I like Andrew more and Dan is still bad...(maybe it's the other way around...still do not remember nor care who is who). And knowing the history of TAR...they have like 50% chance to win, now THAT disgusting!

3 (10,6,6,2,1,4,3,4). Ken/Tina - It's all on Tina, I just absolutely hate her.

Philiminated: (5,5,2,1,2,1,2,2). Toni/Dallas - Man, Dallas must feel REALLY bad after losing the passport/money. They did tried...but to no avail, they are finished on just one memory lapse. Oh well, they are the only likable team left and now I have to watch...ehh......

Posted by beau_30 on 12-07-08 at 06:31 PM
Wow, Made it with 90 minutes to spare.

1) Toni & Dallas - Like Nutzy said, who cares they were eliminated. They are still number 1.

2) Nick & Starr - Very competitive. They are the team to reckon with.

3) Ken & Tina - Another competitive team.

Oh the other team.

Nothing to say abotu Dan and Andrew execpt they are lucky.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-07-08 at 06:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-08 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

Week Nine Rankings

Heading North

With the devastating loss of clear favorites Dallas & Toni (I think we’ll just call them an honorary #1 this week), Nick & Starr take over first place on the lvoe list. Ken & Tina just hold off you-know-who and get second place.

Heading South

It was closer than ever before – only a difference of .05 butAndrew & Dan end the final lvoe list in last place.

Rank Team First Place Votes Last Place Votes
Last week's Rank
Compass Heading
Nick & Starr
Ken & Tina
Andrew & Dan

The Final Tally
32 different peeps made lists over the course of this season, 6 of whom made a list for every week from preseason to the finale – The Perfect Posters- ARNutz, Max Headroom, warp_core breach, Seana, beau_30 and myself. To thank everyone who participated I charted all 32 in order of first posting and collected a funny, snarky or just interesting quote from each. Just want you to know I've enjoyed being kid-stat-flash:

Name
Number of Lists
Hall Of Fame Quote
ARnutz
Arm karma! That’s what you get for playing dirty. -Nick & Starr – week 4
kidflash212
Doesn’t seem right to pick one of my own!
dajaki
She is just a nightmare with poorly plucked brows. Yech.-Ken & Tina – week 5
cahaya
No rhythm and totally out of tune. Clearly among the worse teams to ever make the Final 4.-Andrew & Dan – week 9
Max Headroom
Persistently stupid and unlikable, it's a minor miracle each week when these two arrive at the mat in next-to-last place. Wondering why nobody will help you? Maybe it's because you're shouting out the window of a huge truck in an angry tone of voice?-Andrew & Dan – week 8
beau_30
This season's Villians. Great. A whiny boy, and a tough girl, is this backwards?-Terence & Sarah – week 1
warp_core breach
I was expecting so much from this team. Now this childish spat over a sweaty, nasty sports bra. Get over it and focus! You had horseshoes up your butts this leg!-Kelly & Christie-week 3
Seana
They did OK this week, I guess. No idea what's up with the skanky clothing choices. And since they didn't make me laugh by screwing up royally, down the list they go.-Kelly & Christie – week 6
redbaronii
They are so incompetent that I don't even know where to start again. Wonder why nobody helps you? Yelling English, being "ugly" American and being ugly frat boys just does not make you any more popular in Kazakhstan.-Andrew & Dan – week 8
Joools
Love them, love them, love them! Dallas' dancing, mooing cow just about had me busting a gut and good for him for reading the clue correctly and keeping Toni from trying to hail a cab. If they don't make it to the final leg, I really don't care who wins this season.-Toni & Dallas – week 8
emydi
Did Ken "imply" at the end that if they don't win the race, they won't stay together, and Tina...shut up you shrew!-Ken & Tina – week 6
Starshine
Seem supportive of each other, not enough brains to fill a thimble though-Kelly & Christie – week 2
CT Girl
If I rolled my eyes one more time at these two they would’ve rolled right out of my head. His hair-do is silly and having Sarah blow on his boo-boo even sillier, but they’re good racers and I enjoy laughing at them.-Terence & Sarah – week 2
michel
Did they find the Hidden Immunity Idol while digging in the sand?!!-Kelly & Christie – week 2
Peetah
No quotes offered
mindy23
just because there are no other slots left, and they just suck. Even if one (can't tell them apart) DID have a Tucson shirt on-dude, you are embarrasing me, a fellow Tucsonan!!-Dan & Andrew – week 7
mia rules18
Never thought this mother/son team could fare so well. Dallas is calm and focused. I'd take him for a partner any day.-Dallas & Toni – week 4
television
competent and nerdy... I mean, this is an internet forum, who do you expect to endear themselves to us?-Mark & Bill – week 2
MaryKat
Did they really not know how to change a tire at all?-Ty & Aja – week 4
DoodleBug
I liked how they got the band to move faster. They are annoying but not vicious.-Marisa & Brooke – week 3
shimane22
This team has lots of problems, but in spite of their cluelessness I believe they are still a strong team and still have a chance of winning this (surely their odds are better than Dandrew's at this point). -Kelly & Christie – week 6
Tazluli
OK, I get it. Your men done you wrong, and it looks like Nick and Starr are doing the same thing. Too bad! Move on! Read the clues and run the race.-Kelly & Christie – Week 3
Kwiet One
seriously, Ty does.not.know how to change a flat. Pathetic, and you're a dude. I could swear it was a female/female team in distress.-Ty & Aja – week 4
louislam
They had terrible luck with taxi, so I think it's not their fault for being in last place. Tina was very bossy at roadblock but maybe this was the reason why Ken did the task so fast. I found the scene where the dogs chasing them very funny though.-Ken & Tina – week 6
History Detective
Here we have evidence that third-tier fraternities do exist for losers who cannot make it into a first-tier frat. They could not make it even into a second-tier frat because those guys are at least smart even if they are not particularly attractive. These two buffons, however, are neither smart nor attractive. I do not know which is which, but the one with the red hair never even has a glimmer of thought or engagement in his eyes. The other one, the one with glasses, always has a look on his face like he forgot to wipe the last time he took a crap and now he's worried about the size of the skid mark the next time he changes his underwear.-Andrew & Dan – week 5
Jenna_F
To be fair to these guys, they actually ran a good leg this time. They started out way behind and managed to catch up and pass 2 teams. This doesn't make up for how much they've sucked all season, but it's a start.-Andrew & Dan – week 10
Psycho Kitty
UNFV***NG BELIEVABLE!!!!!!! How can these two douchebags still be in this! This is such a horrible scenerio - and the idea that they could win it is a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!! And they are the LEAST DESERVING, MOST INEPT TEAM OF ALL TIME!!!!! Did I make myself clear? Because, as you know. . . I keep my opinions to myself -Andrew & Dan – week 10
princat
They are good racers but kinda get on my nerves.-Nick & Starr – week 7
dabo
I'm beginning to think these two were hired to play the parts of Andrew and Dan since it isn't actually possible they are still in the race.-Dan & Andrew – week 10
byoffer
Can't quite compete with #1, and don't want to take risks to become #1, but seem to really appreciate the journey they are on. Loved how much fun they had in the cow costume.-Dallas & Toni – week 8
zorayah
I'll start to pay attention to them when they quit talking about their relationship. TAR is not your shrink people! Gees...-Ken & Tina – week 10
samboohoo
STFU Tina. My cod, I'm surprised Ken only cheated once.-Ken & Tina – week 10

Edited in beau_30 list - whew, close one!