URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 373
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Let's suggest some future "Stars" "

Posted by Chez on 10-19-07 at 07:55 PM
I thought of this posting last night at the Baseball league championship, when Jonathan Papelbon (pitcher for Boston) was shown doing the Irish jig after the team clinched a recent title. He was quoted (on Fox TV) as saying "Next step will be Dancing with the Stars".

So I will suggest Jonathan Papelbon. As a current player, I don't think his schedule would allow it. But, it made me think, have there ever been any baseball players?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Let's suggest some future "Stars" "
Posted by Round Robin on 10-19-07 at 09:53 PM
How about Tom Brady, the quarterback who's notorious for his beautiful GF's and for dumping them? Whoever his current squeeze is at the time might not be too happy if he got paired with somebody really gorgeous like, say, Cheryl Burke or Kym Johnson.

Posted by MollyTV on 10-21-07 at 02:05 AM
great question!

i have thought of a few others.

*ross "the intern" matthews
*joy behar from the view
*kathy lee gifford

mollytv

Posted by mistyrose52 on 10-22-07 at 10:47 AM
Regis and/or Kelly Ripa would be amazing! Too busy, though, I'm sure.

I'd LOVE to see Ellen Degeneris-and I think she'd do it in a heartbeat, but partnering up with a guy? I dunno...she'd be funny and cool about it, I'm sure!

I was thinking of a few others just last week. How about the guy who played the oldest Brady Bunch, Barry Williams. And along those lines, Florence Henderson. She has to be in her 60's, at least, right?? Also would love to see another super soap star, like Maurice Bernard from General Hospital, but I think it would be 'beneath' his GH character.

How about Susan Lucci? She's done just about everything else, right?? There are just so many more in my head! So many options!

Posted by dragonflies on 10-22-07 at 10:15 AM
Milo Ventimiglia. Then I could watch hime 3 times a week.

swoon

Posted by JessicaRN on 10-22-07 at 10:47 AM
How about Jimmy Kimmel, for real? I'm always interested in the athletes, because their abilities are always unpredictable. Maybe an Anti-All-Star series, where some of the past losers could continue to work on their dancing. Kenny Mayne still seems awfully interested in the whole dancing thing. Jerry Springer could come back and some of the others who were not that good, but had good attitudes (so that would let out Master P).

Posted by CTgirl on 10-22-07 at 11:55 AM
A baseball player would be fun but I think their season is too long. Since a lot of athletes have done well (Emmett, Apolo, Laila, and now this year Helio), I would like to see some more female athletes, especially someone like Kristie Yamaguchi.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

Posted by Round Robin on 10-25-07 at 03:22 AM
I'd rather see them pick Michelle Kwan than Kristi. And after the Olympics, assuming they keep her on the team till then, how about Hope Solo, the tall soccer goalie that blew her cork after she got benched for the World Cup semifinal?

Posted by mistyrose52 on 10-30-07 at 09:27 AM
Speaking of athletes, how about Peekaboo Street? Or Derek Jeter? I haven't heard a lot about them lately. I think they just come around during Olympics, but I'm sure they stay in shape!!

And throw in a few gymnists! That would really get Carrie Ann's goat, trying to figure out if their feet are staying on the floor! HA!!

Posted by Round Robin on 11-01-07 at 02:15 AM
How about this one: Simon Cowell, the nasty American Idol judge? Let him be judged and see how he likes it!

Posted by Agman2 on 03-08-15 at 06:38 PM
I'm still mad Sabrina got eliminated