URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3724
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.8"

Posted by ARnutz on 11-17-08 at 08:19 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-08 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-17-08 AT 08:20 AM (EST)

Old Phil Koegen Had a Farm

E-I-E-I-O

...and on his farm there were some chickens. E-I-E-I-O

This week, the teams raced off to Almaty, Kazakhstan. There was not a lot of airport bunching, but they did have to wait until morning to do the roadblock, which caused the ole hours of operation bunching. Teams had to find a golden egg among thousands of chickens.

...and on his farm there was some sheep butt. E-I-E-I-O

There was a fast forward, which was to eat a large amount of sheep butt. Nick & Starr and Terence & Sarah both went for it, but in the end, Terence could not eat the meat and gave up, leaving the fast forward to Nick & Starr.

...and on his farm there were some cows. E-I-E-I-O

The detour was a choice between dressing up as a cow, going to find and drink milk and getting their clue off the bottom of the glass -or- learning a tune and playing for tips. All teams chose the cow suit, however, some of the teams still can't read the damn clues! When they finally did read them correctly, they were told to get to the pit stop at Old Square.

Last week's rankings, by kidflash, can be found here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID20/3716.shtml#20

Rank. Names (last week's rank)

1. Dallas & Toni (1) – This team is having the best time! They are working well together and appreciate every experience they have. Plus, they are always respectful of other teams and the locals.

2. Nick & Starr (2) - This team also works well together, as evidenced by their unprecedented 5 first places in a row, but let's look at their competition. I mean really. How could they not be first a bunch of times? Throughout the race, they have occasionally made nasty comments about other teams, which I do not like.

3. Ken & Tina (3) – This team has their moments of bickering, but they are nowhere near as bad as teams from previous seasons. They do need to learn to READ THE CLUE!

4. Andrew & Dan (4) – This team is sucky! Where did they find these people? Ditto on the clue thing... and Dan? - STFU!!!

Philiminated: Terence & Sarah (5) – Wow, Terence actually admitted it was his fault and didn't blame Sarah. I will not miss Terence at all!

OK! Your turn!!!

Remember... this is not a discussion thread. Comments on team rankings of fellow posters are welcomed, but please refrain from going off on too many tangents. There are plenty of other threads where you can do that.

Wheeee! TAR is back!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.8"
Posted by MaryKat on 11-17-08 at 08:34 AM
1. Toni and Dallas - Would they be the first parent/child team to win?
2. Tina and Ken - She is very hard to like, but I adore him.
3. Star and Nick - I don't like teams who enjoy being nasty.
4. Dan and Andrew - I can't believe they are still here. I didn't like Sarah and Terence either, but I was cheering them on at the end.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-17-08 at 09:01 AM
Thank you for shouting, Nutzy. Someone needed to wake me up after last night's episode of TAR.

1. Nick/Starr (1) - They're the best team out there, hands down. Nick has an occasional smug moment, but generally these two are focused on the race and doing their best. And kudos to Starr for eating the nasty FF food faster than Nick.

2. Toni/Dallas (2) - These two are solid racers, but I wish they had some personality or did something interesting. That little bit of flirting with Starr just isn't enough to pique my curiosity about this team.

3. Ken/Tina (3) - While they do provide occasional drama, petty bickering and frequent clue misreading doesn't do a whole lot for me. And this episode was very typical-- Ken was supportive and Tina was a harpy.

4. Andrew/Dan (4) - Persistently stupid and unlikable, it's a minor miracle each week when these two arrive at the mat in next-to-last place. Wondering why nobody will help you? Maybe it's because you're shouting out the window of a huge truck in an angry tone of voice?

Philiminated. Terence/Sarah (5) - Though they were never a favorite of mine, and Terence will eternally be a tool, at least they had some entertaining moments. And I was as surprised as they were when the leg wasn't a non-elimination.

Posted by ARnutz on 11-17-08 at 09:12 AM
Thank you for shouting, Nutzy.

You know, that did not show up in Firefox. I had to view in IE to see what you were talking about. Turns out I botched an html tag.

Posted by dabo on 11-17-08 at 09:56 AM
1. Toni and Dallas. Dallas really got into putting on a show this time, and I lvoe how they have become a solid racing team over the run of the show.

2. Ken and Tina. At the start of this I thought, "Crud, another couple on the race to save their relationship, pu-lease." But they seem to actually be accomplishing it and work together quite well.

3. Nick and Starr. Solid racers, the slightly dirty tactics weren't really needed, they could have easily skipped the FF and still been in the race.

4. Andrew and Dan. The dumdum team that managed to outlast the other dumdum teams, nuff said.

Philiminated: Terence and Sarah. Shucks, I really liked Sarah.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by byoffer on 11-17-08 at 10:47 AM
1. Nick/Starr (1) - best team by a bunch.

2. Toni/Dallas (2) - Can't quite compete with #1, and don't want to take risks to become #1, but seem to really appreciate the journey they are on. Loved how much fun they had in the cow costume.

3. Ken/Tina (3) - Saved by the idiots behind them.

4. Andrew/Dan (4) - awful attitude, and weak ability. Thus probable winners.

Posted by Seana on 11-17-08 at 03:33 PM
4. Andrew/Dan (4) - awful attitude, and weak ability. Thus probable winners.

Oh no, oh please no!

Posted by Seana on 11-17-08 at 03:32 PM
1. Dallas & Toni (1) - This week they're not just in first by default, it's because I actually liked them for the first time. Dallas was hilarious in the cow costume and when Toni suggested a cab, he proved he had read the clue and said "No, we have to go by foot". Well. freaking. done.

2. Ken & Tina (2) - Despite Tina's poor clue-reading, they still did reasonably well, even under pressure. There's been a change in this team, even since the dreadful harpy-ness at the tuktuk painting RB in Leg 6.

3. Andrew & Dan (3) - Sorry, boys. You just don't deserve to run with the big dogs. You may even suck worse than Lyn/Karlyn - they never deserved Top 4 either.

4. Nick & Starr (5) - Since they were hardly shown this week, I'll just leave them at the bottom. I probably won't like them any better next week either.

Eliminated: Terence & Sarah (4) With Terence actually taking responsibility for the mistake with the Fast Forward, they might have moved to second this week. Alas, they are done for. I expect to see that they have broken up since TAR ended, though. He's really just a bit too much.

Sig by mystic

Posted by Joools on 11-17-08 at 03:59 PM
1. Toni & Dallas - Love them, love them, love them! Dallas' dancing, mooing cow just about had me busting a gut and good for him for reading the clue correctly and keeping Toni from trying to hail a cab. If they don't make it to the final leg, I really don't care who wins this season.

2. Ken & Tina - After a few weeks of lying dormant, Tina's shrewish side came out to play again. Never a pleasant thing to have to deal with, but I like them better than...

3. Nick & Starr - Hard to judge them this week since they didn't really do anything by virtue of winning the FF. I had to turn the channel when they reached the PS, though, since it's getting boring and anti-climactic watching them win so many legs. Starr finished her sheep butt ahead of Nick, though, so props to her for that.

4. Dan & Andrew - Can't really say anything, I just wish I had a brick wall to bang my head against right now.

Philiminated: Terence & Sarah - Vegetarian or not, I agree with Phil here. He couldn't choke down meat for the chance at a million dollars? Other teams have had to eat far worse in the past. Terence probably will kick himself about it later and well he should. Too bad they weren't saved by a non-elimination leg, I think this late in the game everybody was expecting it. They at least deserved to finish better than Team Apatow.

Posted by shimane22 on 11-17-08 at 04:47 PM

1. Toni/Dallas- Okay, they are still pretty boring, but I think they are very effective racers because of their strong relationship. They also had fun with the cow costume and were polite to locals, unlike a certain other team... Nice leg.

2. Ken/Tina- Despite some mistakes with the clues they are racing well, and growing stronger as a team. Their transformation from the beginning is refreshing considering at the outset it looked like they would bring us "Nate and Jen: The Golden Years" or be Jonathan and Victoria retreads.

3. Andrew/Dan- Hey! They are such pathetic and awful racers that I'm going to take pity on them and not put them in last this week. Really, the bulk of this team's problems rest solely on Dan. Dan sucks in every way, basically. Thankfully, I think they have absolutely no chance of winning so I'm just waiting for their long overdue demise.

4. Nick/Starr- Ugh, they are bland, cloying, and smug. Fingers crossed that their luck runs out soon!

Philiminated: Terence and Sarah-- They were charming and amusing to watch and will be missed.

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-17-08 at 06:35 PM
Glad I'm back early this week! Is this the first time a "dating couple" will not be in the Final Three? Trying to remember.

1)Dallas & his mom - I'm referring to them that way because this team seems all about Dallas. Toni just doesn't stand out at all - I think she could sit next to me on the subway tomorrow and I wouldn't recognize her. I hope she is not sublimating her own personality and living vicariously through Dallas. In another season, this team would be in the middle of my list. It is possible to be an interesting team without drama - see Kris & Jon.

2)Andrew & Dan - In the grand tradition of Terri & Ian and Lyn & Karlin, a team of completely incompetent racers will make the Final Three.

3)Ken & Tina - Just do not like Tina's constant nagging, Ken should move on.

4)Nick & Starr - I like them least of all. I'm hoping this will not be one of those seasons where I have to change the channel just before the winner hits the mat. I did that with BJ & Tyler and Freddy & Kendra, will be doing it again if Nick & Starr are coming in first. They seem like such spoiled brats - like they've always gotten everything they've wanted, were the popular kids in High School and come from a weathly enough family to put them into prestigious colleges. I believe overcoming hardships builds character - Don't see Nick or Starr as having any character and would hate to see them handed a million dollars.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 11-17-08 at 07:25 PM
1. Dallas and Toni --- They had so much fun with the cow costume!

2. Nick and Starr --- They are good Racers who manage to have some fun along the way.

3. Ken and Tina --- I cannot imagine why anybody would ever be unfaithful in this relationship...

4. Dandrew --- What the hell are these two incompetent and stupid fvckheads doing in the Race?!

"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

Posted by dajaki on 11-17-08 at 08:57 PM
No comments this week. I'm just too pooped.

1. Nick and Starr
2. Toni and Dallas
3. Ken and Tina
4. Andrew and Dan

Posted by PsychoKitty on 11-17-08 at 09:51 PM
1. Dallas & Toni – Sweet people and they are paying attention for the most part. Glad they had fun as the cow, and they respect the locals and get it done. Still - pretty bland as personalities go, but my favorites to win of who's left. In a normal season, they WOULD be in the middle. But this is such a low achieving group!

2. Nick & Starr - They are getting it done. Kudos to Starrrrr for eating the butt/brain first - nasty FF, but they got a huge lead! Too snarky but that's fine. Just don't let it slow you down!

3. Ken & Tina – Pay attention people! Too many mistakes, but I'm glad they caught up. Not much hope for them as a couple, and sorry to disagree with others - I think Ken is a bit of a doormat. Though he's running a good race.

4. Andrew & Dan – ATROCIOUS!!! LOSERS!!! Unbelievable they are still in this!!! I was so bummed that Terence and Sarah were eliminated, because these guys SUCK!!!!

Philiminated: Terence & Sarah – What a mismatched ridiculous pair of people. She has huge self esteem issues staying with him, and he is a "knob" as qwertypie put it so eloquently. Jeez! But I was rooting for them THIS episode - they screwed up big time - he should have just chowed down on that MEAT!!! (Sheep Butt) Nice! Once that decision was made to go on the Fast Forward, you have to go for it. It's all or nothing - it's a race for a million dollars. But they tried their best to catch up, and horror of horrors, Dandrew beat them to the finish line. GAWDSAKES!!!! See ya! And Run Sarah Run!!!! (He'll never catch up to you!)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by zorayah on 11-18-08 at 05:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-08 AT 05:45 AM (EST)

At last I'm starting to like a team (well almost)

1. Toni and Dallas - They haven't done anything stupid yet. They also have a lot of common sense compared to the rest.
2. Star and Nick - Well knowing the rest of their group, they come off as the easy winners. Kudos for chowing down the fat and being competitive

Battle of the dumdums
3. Tina and Ken - they come up higher than the "frat" boys in my duh list
4. Dan and Andrew - seriously what did they do to qualify as a team?!?

Sarah and Terence - meh

Posted by Jenna_F on 11-18-08 at 06:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-08 AT 06:39 AM (EST)

1)Nick and Starr: Not much to change their position this week since we barely saw them, so still top I guess. I kind of resent the implication someone made earlier that if you were popular in highschool you must be automatically be a horrible person.

2)Toni and Dallas: Race well, support eachother, don't argue or fight, same as n/s only they don't win legs yet.

3)Andrew and Dan: What's to say, not many teams left so they're still high up. And yah, what someone else said earlier, they're probably going to win somehow.

4)Ken and Tina: Forgot to get their clue from milk glass, forgot to bring cow outfit with them to the butcher shop, afterwords, Tina wanted to take a taxi when the clue specified on foot. Tina litterally got everything that was possible to get wrong this leg, wrong. Atleast Ken did manage to stop them from taking a taxi though.

Eliminated: Terrence and Sarah. Never take a fastforward if you think there's anything you'd have alot of problems doing, the clue says sit down at table for a local custom, even if you think it's something else, don't take the chance on it being a eating challenge. On the plus side, personality wise, they really weren't so bad this week, no creepy needyness or anything.

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-19-08 at 09:50 AM
Not to take this thread off on a tangent but I did not say Nick & Starr were "horrible" people - I said they were spoiled and have faced no real adversity in their lives.

Posted by Jenna_F on 11-19-08 at 12:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-08 AT 12:45 PM (EST)

Okay, I used poor wording and misquoted. The initial idea that I resent automatic negative implications based on popularity in highschool stands. It's projecting and unfair to make generalizations. Forgetting Nick and Starr exist at all(though I don't get the impression Nick was popular in highschool, but that's a digression), It's possible to be popular in highschool and not be a spoiled brat, heck, it's even possible to come from a rich family and not be spoiled.
You can just be a really fortunate person and face no adversity by luck, that doesn't make negative effects on your character, it just makes you lucky. Just like having adversity doesn't make you a better person in anyway, it just makes you unlucky.
I hope you can see where i'm coming from atleast a little bit. We can take this to private messages aswell if you want to keep talking, since I guess this isn't supposed to be a discussion thread.

Posted by beau_30 on 11-18-08 at 07:43 PM
My Lvoe List.

Before I start, I just want to say good job Kidsflash on the stats program. And ArNutz for keeping this going.

Now onto the Lvoe List.

1) Toni & Dallas - Could they be another team heading into the final three. As of last season like Ron & Christina and Nick & Don. If anyone should win it should be them. IF not I could take my top 2 and 3.

2) Nick & Starr - It looks like they are heading for the final three. And they are a great competition.

3) Ken & Tina - They are a really strong team. Except that Tina makes some dumb mistakes.

4) Terrance & Sarah - Even though they were eliminated. They were a better team and tough competition. Wish it was Andrew & Dan that got eliminated.

5) Andrew & Dan - Even though they were not eliminated. Dan is such an donkey to Andrew. They are really stupid.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-18-08 at 10:36 PM
1. Dallas and Toni – Dallas was hysterical in the cow costume and it was cracking me up watching them have a good time together. Kudos to them for reading the clues too (how sad is it when you have to give teams kudos for that). They were really nice to help Tina and Ken too.

2. Starr – She did an awesome job at the fast forward. Nick’s smugness is really irritating me. Terrence was truly gracious when they left the fast forward and said congratulations and Nick had to ruin it by saying “I knew they’d give up.”

3. Ken – He had fun with the cow but I don’t see how they are communicating better. Tina’s still a shrew and she always sounds annoyed with him. Plus Tina did a horrendous job of reading the clues this week. They lucked out because of bigger mistakes by teams behind them.

4. Andrew – You are horrible people!! And Dan is just a pill.

Philiminated: Sarah and Terrence: I am disappointed. I was rooting for them to beat Dandrew in a foot race to the mat – that would’ve been fun! They were good racers who just made an error in judgment at a bad time in the race.

Posted by cahaya on 11-19-08 at 00:43 AM
1. Dallas & Toni – Better and better every week. Hope their temporary alliances (and his dalliances with Starr) doesn't turn against them, as I fear it will. The prospect of money can do things to people. Love gets second place.

2. Nick & Starr - Easily the most competent team this season, which isn't saying much. Now, hey, let up you two, you're hogging all of the prizes!

3. Ken & Tina – Never have we had a season of so many incompetent racers who are genuinely clueless because they don't read them! They'll probably get hitched again after the Race, even if they don't win. Tina will whine about not having the mill, though.

4. Andrew & Dan – Of course nobody wants to help you, not the way you ask! I'd walk the other way, too, even if I did speak English.

Philiminated: Terence & Sarah – Well, kudos to them for not turning into a train wreck. They might have a future together after all, but this boy needs to grow up and be a man.

Posted by emydi on 11-19-08 at 02:26 PM
Not read anyone's yet

1. Dallas & Toni(1)(2)(1)(2)(1)(2)(1)-they were fun esp. Dallas with the MOO sounds. I hope they win

2. Andrew & Dan (4)(5)(4)(3)(3)(1)(3)- I like Andrew. They were lucky...wonder if they get their shoes back?

3. Ken & Tina(8)(4)(2)(1)(2)(4)(2) - I so wanted her (or anyone) to say " I want the GOLDEN EGG, DADDY" like Veruca Salt in Charlie's Choc. Factory!

4. Nick & Starr-(9)(9)(8)(7)(6)(6)(5) - "I never get tired of hearing that" Nick's a tool and Starr is a bubblehead but she sure can eat sheep butt

PHiliminated

Terence & Sarah(6)(8)(3)(5)(4)(3)(4) - why would you stay there after you found out it was sheep butt and you're a vegetarian for 16 years???

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-21-08 at 11:04 PM
so uninspiring...

1. T & D - ok

2. N & S - deserving and it would be nice for another type of team to win but i'm not in love with them

3. K & T - I like him, she can go

4. D & A - I will puke if these two make into the final 3!

Philiminated - Terrence & Sarah - He was mildly entertaining. Should have stayed over Dandrew.

Siggie courtesy of Seana

Posted by KwietOne on 11-22-08 at 02:24 AM
(1) Toni/Dallas
(2) Nick/Starr
(3) Ken/Tina
(4) Andrew/Dan

Posted by louislam on 11-23-08 at 12:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-08 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

1. Toni/Dallas (1) - Nice but boring

2. Ken/Tina (3) - Has been growing on me

3. Nick/Starr (4) - As sneaky as usual

4. Andrew/Dan (5) - As dumb as usual

Philiminated - Terence/Sarah (2) - After their elimination, I don't bother to watch the rest of the season.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Posted by redbaronii on 11-23-08 at 07:12 PM
Totally too busy to do a list last week but here I go...

1 (1,1,3,7,6,2,1). Nick/Starr - They are by far the best remaining team. I would be surprise if they don't win it all now (hey...thing happens!)

2 (5,5,2,1,2,1,2). Toni/Dallas - Dallas is having SOO much fun in the cow costume. Really, first time in the whole race that they are not just "meh"!

3 (10,6,6,2,1,4,3). Ken/Tina - They made so many mistakes this leg that it's not even funny! Somehow, however, they caught up...

4 (4,8,7,6,5,5,4). Andrew/Dan - They are so incompetent that I don't even know where to start again. Wonder why nobody helps you? Yelling English, being "ugly" American and being ugly frat boys just does not make you any more popular in Kazakhstan.

Philiminated: (6,10,9,5,3,3,5). Terence/Sarah - I'm surprise that Terence finally admit for once that he is at fault. Anyway, when they finally get interesting again with all the pointless bickering...they went goodbye. But hey, it is a race, they make a bigger mistake than Dandrew, so THAT kills them!

"Week Eight Results!!!"
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-23-08 at 07:20 PM
Week Eight Rankings

Heading North

Virtually no movement this week- Dallas & Toni continue their reign as most lvoed team with 17 out of 21 first place votes. Nick & Starr stay in the second spot with Ken & Tina find themselves in third again.

Heading South

Andrew & Dan stay the team we lvoe to hate – last place again only moving up from fifth to fourth due to the elimination of Terence & Sarah.

Rank Team First Place Votes Last Place Votes
Last week's Rank
Compass Heading
Dallas & Toni
Nick & Starr
Ken & Tina
Andrew & Dan

22 Lists
Nice to see we can still increase our numbers this late in the race. And I’m glad redbaronii made it – saw his post just in time!!