URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 372
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Webisode 8/14"

Posted by cheesybread on 08-14-06 at 09:03 PM

OK, Loree has posted the song selections for your perusal, but what do we think about the Webisode. Who's personality struck you most, good or bad? Who can handle the Rock Star Lifestyle?

Personally, I didn't find Dilana's little bug in Tommy's ear, offensive, rude, or cunning. I just thought, if I'm Tommy Lee, I'm wicked annoyed right now! Some drunk chick is telling me how awesome she is, I hope this doesn't get to the "I love you, man!" stage.

Toby and Lukas, totally passed out early. In the world of Rock, they were lightweights. Not that I could do better, but I'm not living the Rock Star life. (Sadly, no.)

I think Storm and Ryan come out of this mostly unscathed. Both partied but didn't appear to make total (note the qualifier!) a$$e$ of themselves.

Magni was wise to stay mostly above the fray given that is family just left.

As a side note, where the hell was Dave? He has been totally uninvolved with the Rockers outside of their performances. Maybe he could have brought Perry to Vegas, then we could've seen some seriously weird $@#&!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Webisode 8/14"
Posted by Glow on 08-14-06 at 09:31 PM
Dilana - hmmm. At first, I rolled my eyes. Then I started to get irritated by it. Not because she's asking for the job but because she said, "Sent the other fvckers home." Not cool. She only wanted "Solsbury Hill" (love that song, can't wait to hear Toby deliver it) because Gilby was playing on it. OR was she playing Toby to make him fight for it? Whatever the reason, I enjoyed the outcome. Nekkid Toby running around the pool? That's what I'm talking about. Mad props to D for that. Oh! LOL at her pouring water in Luke's bellybutton and wiping it on his lips to try to wake him up. "Lukas. Wake up. I wanna play."

Toby and Lukas - MBP editting, man. We don't know that they were the drunkest. We just know (because Ryan told us) that they passed out at 10:30. Wednesdays are early days for them and all. Lukas was shown (in the extra clip) sitting on a bed (?) with Ryan and two blondes. *evil eyes* *nostril flare* grrrr. What was I saying? Oh yeah. He was staying quiet and mostly out of the camera shot. Me thinks mebbe he went to bed early to stay out of trouble. With his woman visiting in LA and all. Don't want to get slapped at the taping. That's just a sunshine and kittens opinion from a blinded member of the Rossi Possi though. He did wake up at the mansion (the next afternoon I'm guessing) in the same clothes. LOL. Oh! And *giggle* when somebody was tapping their foot during song selection, he said, "That's loud." So okay. I'm not denying he was drunk. I'm just denying he and Toby were the only very drunk ones. Loved Loved LOVED Lukas sticking up for his boy, Toby regarding "Solsbury Hill".

Storm - unscathed? LOL. Did you see her writhing on the bowling lane with Z? Kissing all over TLee? And I'm guessing you didn't watch the extra Vegas clip where it shows her stripping down to her undies and practically falling over into the hot tub.

Ryan - sweet sweet Ryan. He's a ladies man (extra clip). Wonder how his woman would feel about that. I know it made me jealous. I love the Ryan narrations. There's some talk about whether or not he really "wants" this gig. I think after watching this episode, there should be no doubt that he indeed does want it. And I want to give it to him. oh wait. We were talking about the Supernova gig. *clears throat* Yes, I do believe he wants this gig.

Magni - all I remember of Magni is him playing "In The Air Tonight" on piano and singing it with Ryan. Love that man's musicality.

Zayra - loved watching the mating dance with her and Jason.

Patrice - Who? She was in that extra clip briefly looking very drunk.

I think it's all shades of great that they took them to The Joint. Remind them what they're doing here. That upped the desire to win it for sure.

It's possible that I will have more to say when I watch it again.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Posted by cheesybread on 08-15-06 at 07:43 AM
Storm - unscathed? LOL. Did you see her writhing on the bowling lane with Z? Kissing all over TLee? And I'm guessing you didn't watch the extra Vegas clip where it shows her stripping down to her undies and practically falling over into the hot tub.

No, I didn't see that clip! But I will. The kissing Tommy part was kind of repulsive, definitely, but their is nothing wrong with two hot women writhing around on a bowling lane! Com'on now!

It may be possible that I'm a little blinded by my love of all things Stormy, too!

Posted by Glow on 08-15-06 at 12:16 PM
It may be possible that I'm a little blinded by my love of all things Stormy, too!

I certainly am not the person to disagree with something like that.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Posted by Betty Swoobs on 08-15-06 at 10:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-06 AT 10:27 AM (EST)

Ryan - sweet sweet Ryan. He's a ladies man (extra clip).

Question: Was that Jessica Simpson that was hanging onto Ryan in that scene from the extra clip? The one he asked "what do you have to say?"?

Posted by Glow on 08-15-06 at 12:18 PM
Question: Was that Jessica Simpson that was hanging onto Ryan in that scene from the extra clip? The one he asked "what do you have to say?"?

No. I'll have to rewatch it though to be sure.

Posted by Loree on 08-15-06 at 11:44 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-06 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

I do believe that Dilana is really playing the game. Even drunk she was trying to get her point across to TLee. But if I was TLee I would not have appreciated how she did it.
But I assume if he already wants her for the job it didn't hurt her. And if he doesn't she just annoyed him.

Dilana did a radio interview on Friday in which when asked who she thought her biggest competition was. She answered "Toby" without hesitation. The DJ told her that was surprising because most figure it's Lukas. Dilana's response was a surprised "Really?" So her fight for the song with Toby is interesting. And has Dilana already dismissed Lukas as competition? This all struck me odd since almost everyone that has been booted from the show thinks Lukas will win. They aren't all saying Toby.

The editing in Vegas is done in a way that we have no idea who Jason was upset with for drinking. Is it better to go to sleep early and look like you can't hold your liquor. Or to stay awake for hours partying and maybe do more embarressing things than those who did go to sleep. We do know they were all drinking. So there are probably lots of interesting stories we will never know about. But I'm sure none of them did anything that TLee hasn't already done himself.

Posted by Glow on 08-15-06 at 12:19 PM
hmmm. If Dilana did the interview on Friday and it was live, it was after the song selection. Maybe she's playing harder than I thought. Trying to redirect focus from Lukas to Toby? Interesting.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-15-06 at 03:46 AM
As a side note, where the hell was Dave? - Dave who?

Dilana deserves a double eye roll. Getting drunk and talking about how great you are is not exactly an original marketing strategy. Running around later trying to wake the other children up is unacceptable in daycare but perhaps rock star etiquette is different.

I found it interesting that Jason frowned upon drunkeness. If Lukas and Toby actually passed out, it may hurt them, but maybe they just went to bed early.

The nude run may help Toby. It shows that he is willing to do whatever it takes to get his shot. He appeared to struggle in rehearsal but Gilby will probably help him through his self doubt. Kudos to Gilby.

Magni has talent and grace. He seems like a genuinely nice man.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-15-06 at 07:47 AM
Dave who?

Exactly!

Posted by Glow on 08-15-06 at 08:04 AM
As a side note, where the hell was Dave? He has been totally uninvolved with the Rockers outside of their performances.

Dave has said that he got too involved with the contestants last year. He didn't want his feelings for them as people to cloud his judgment on their performances this year. (probably not those exact words)

Posted by cheesybread on 08-15-06 at 08:40 AM
That is unfortunate. I liked the more encouraging Judge Dave, to the current brutally honest Judge Dave.

Not that I don't want him to be honest, but I think it shows more of who he is as a person and performer when you get to see him interact with other people, rather then always delivering his verdict from on high. If I were new to the show, I probably would not be impressed with him to this point.

Posted by MKitty on 08-15-06 at 11:56 AM
I was highly annoyed at Dilana for her little "tete a tete" with Mr. Tommy (rolls eyes) and I agree with you Cheesybread that T Lee couldn't have been too impressed. As much as I love Lukas, I thought it was in poor taste for him and Toby to get so sh&*&%^%tfaced and pass out.

But, I too wonder where Dave is and why he doesn't come around to the mansion. Hmmm...too busy with Jenna perhaps? Or trying to keep professional distance so he can continue to be the one who "says it the way it is" without having to worry about "hurting a friend"?

Posted by MKitty on 08-15-06 at 12:03 PM
oops...should have read all the posts first..just got so excited by the first one that I replied right away. I didn't mean to repeat what was already said...sorry...at least we are all on the same page!

Posted by nailbone on 08-15-06 at 12:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-06 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

Never mind.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Glow on 08-15-06 at 01:11 PM
You know what would have been even cooler? If you just typed in "N/M".

Posted by nailbone on 08-15-06 at 02:32 PM
Around here, that means "New Mexico".

Where can I find that clip of Z and Storm?

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Loree on 08-15-06 at 06:46 PM
ET Canada interviewed Lukas at the mansion about the Vegas trip. Lukas was sitting on the pool table. They asked him about Ryan talking about him and Toby being drunk and passing out. Lukas said it was easy for Ryan to stay up since he wasn't drinking. And Lukas said what we didn't see was that they came and woke him up and said Tommy Lee was taking them to a strip club. So Lukas said he was up and partying later and not passed out. When asked what happened at the strip club Lukas just winked at the camera and didn't really answer. He also talked about picking the Hero song for tonight. He said he wanted to do it because it was written by a Canadian and he wanted to do it for that reason.

Posted by MKitty on 08-15-06 at 06:54 PM
Yes, it is always intersting how they edit these things. So, are the boys of Supernova (if they are still allowed to use that name) looking for someone they feel comfortable enough to share a lap dance with...someone who can attract attention..or do they really care about the singing.

This is rock and roll afterall...and the lead singer will have to fit in. Therefore, is it like the rest of the world where all the good jobs and deals are discussed by the CEOs at the Golf Course and if you don't golf you are out...maybe all the best things are happening at the strip clubs and if you don't go along you miss out...hmmmm?

Posted by cycles2k on 08-15-06 at 08:20 PM
someone they feel comfortable enough to share a lap dance with

Not that I am a frequenter of lap dance establishments, but I think one generally shares the lap dance only with the lap dancer.

However, your point is well taken. It seems unfair to the women and to Magni to be doing single guy things like heading off to strip clubs.