URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 37102
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"oops - lol"

Posted by Tummy on 11-17-11 at 01:06 PM
After all the sheepdog herding I've done on OTCC this year I completely had a brainfart. I was already to post my OTCC recipe a day early as I'm headed back to VAB tomorrow and checked my list only to find out I had November 4th and Arnutz has tomorrow. Oops.

I'll keep my Korean Short Rib recipe and bacon-wrapped stuffed jalepenos for my next turn at OTCC. But everything sure is smelling good!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: oops - lol"
Posted by kingfish on 11-17-11 at 01:14 PM
Man, I hate those brain farts. Smells up the inside of your head really bad. Makes boogers taste funny, too.

Posted by jbug on 11-17-11 at 01:22 PM
& makes bubbles in the water too, huh.

Posted by agman on 11-17-11 at 02:00 PM
OMG the smell of those bubbles is awful!....

Posted by kingfish on 11-17-11 at 02:27 PM
Just imagine, a bacon wrapped brain fart.

Posted by Tummy on 11-17-11 at 02:32 PM
Whatever. My brainfarts smell like Krispy Kreme donuts!

"Ya big tease!"
Posted by thndrkttn on 11-17-11 at 02:20 PM
"bacon-wrapped stuffed jalepenos"

These sound awesome and a perfect appetizer for the holiday season! Can you share anyway? I swear to make them and post pics.

"RE: Ya big tease!"
Posted by Tummy on 11-17-11 at 02:31 PM
For you - anything. I just didn't want to step on Arnutz first OTCC!

20 jalepenos - at least 20 - cut in half from stem to tip (leave stem on on half, it's pretty - deseed and devein (wear gloves)
To deseed and devein - just scrap a spoon down the inside
1 package cream cheese
1 pckg original ranch dressing - dry
bacon

Mix cream cheese and ranch - it's better if you do the day before and let set but you don't have to.
Smear into jalapeno halves
Wrap with bacon - I halve mine lengthwise and then cut into thirds
secure with a toothpick

Bake 350 for about 45 min to an hour - depending on your oven. Until bacon is crispy.

Note - I buy dry dipping mixes everywhere I go and have mixed in with my cream cheese anything from chipotle, garlic, chive and spinach to a sweet mix like million dollar pie. I've dusted brown sugar over them while baking also for that salty, sweet, hot. It's up to you.

Also - if you want hotter leave more seeds and veins. The above is really very mild.

Can't wait to see your pics!

Posted by thndrkttn on 11-17-11 at 02:45 PM
Fun stuff! I am guessing that we'll be making these on Sunday for football. We don't have anyone coming (or anywhere to go) for Thanksgiving so football it is!

Posted by woeisme1 on 11-17-11 at 02:45 PM
Thank you, this sounds yummy. Also a BIG thank you for the herding, I know that can't be easy. Just let me know when I will be up, even though it's not until next year.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

I want the whole OTCC cookbook, is there one?

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-17-11 at 03:33 PM
Was it Boo or Weltek who created the OTCC cookbook?

Posted by samboohoo on 11-17-11 at 04:23 PM
Weltek. I think there's a link posted in the T-Time Conference forum.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by weltek on 11-17-11 at 05:11 PM
Someone should really volunteer to do the 2011 edition, but it's not going to be me. I'm really good at volunteering the first time so that I never have to do it again.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID22/199.shtml

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by woeisme1 on 11-17-11 at 05:40 PM
Thank you for the link I will volunteer to do the 2011 but it may not be done in 2011. But I will give it my best shot. Once I get it done it goes in that forum?

My turkey is cooked to perfection TYVM

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

Posted by agman on 05-11-12 at 04:44 PM
!

Posted by ARnutz on 11-17-11 at 05:56 PM
Hee hee! I already did one earlier this year, so it's not my first.

Since I forgot until I saw this thread, do you have any problem with posting today or tomorrow and I'll post sometime during the next week?

I know you usually have 2 weeks in between, but I think a catch up/double week might work.

Posted by Tummy on 11-17-11 at 08:01 PM
Ok - if you insist.

But if any of you are deciding on just one - then you'd better go with Nutzy's!

Korean Short Ribs -- in the crockpot
(this is Oklahoma Korean Short Ribs - so no pfftting on being authentic!)

bag of baby carrots
bunch of green onions - cleaned and trimmed
short ribs
montreal steak seasoning
5 - 10 whole jalapenos - washed and left whole
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
fresh ginger - grated
fresh garlic - grated

Layer carrots, ribs, jalapenos and onions in crockpot, in that order. Mix everything thing else and pour over. Cook on low 8 hours.

Serve over rice.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-18-11 at 09:38 PM
Any idea how I would translate this into a dutch oven for temps and time?

Posted by grit on 11-17-11 at 05:34 PM
Korean Short Ribs? Really? This is some sort of strange cosmic coincidence. *cue Twilight Zone music*

We're having Korean Short Ribs for dinner tonight. I threw everything into the crock pot last night and made sure I turned it on before I left for work this morning. Are you using some kind of long-distance mind control on me?

It's a capn2patch original

Posted by Tummy on 11-17-11 at 06:24 PM
Are you using some kind of long-distance mind control on me?

Yes. For the last 10 months - ever since I got the Grit Mind Control Ray with my box tops.

Posted by weltek on 11-17-11 at 06:09 PM
Yum! Short ribs!
That and barbequed on the grill for a looooong time are the only way I like my short ribs.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-17-11 at 10:59 PM
Speaking of exotic food... I just ate at a Nepalese restaurant for the first time. Good stuff!

There's a guy from Nepal in my group at the conference I'm at in Toronto at the moment and he said he knew of a good restaurant a block away, so a few of us went there for dinner.

Maybe I can try out a Nepalese recipe the next time I sign up for a turn for the OTCC...

"On The Positive"
Posted by foonermints on 11-18-11 at 00:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-11 AT 00:27 AM (EST)

You won't have trouble at the other end.

At least it's not Ghost Pepper..
Did I set this on fire, or what?

"YUMMMM!"
Posted by qwertypie on 11-22-11 at 02:28 AM
Made the short ribs today. Except instead of short ribs, I used pork ribs -- I just found out short ribs are beef (aka Jacob's Ladder in the UK). They were amazing. I thought they may have had too much of a slow burn build up for Mr. Qwerty's liking, but he had two large servings.

I don't have a slow cooker (or maybe I do in the garage somewhere, *shrug*) so I cooked them in a casserole dish for 325 for about an hour and then at 275 for several more.

I found a recipe for Montreal Steak seasoning and may have overdone the red pepper flakes

The meat absolutely fell off the bone.

Definitely a keeper!

And tomorrow -- I attempt the pammie sammie!

"RE: YUMMMM!"
Posted by Tummy on 11-22-11 at 09:08 AM
Yay! Glad Mr Qwerty liked them too.

*makes note that if I ever have qwerty as a SS giftee to send Montreal Steak seasoning.

"We made these tonight! Pics included!"
Posted by thndrkttn on 11-26-11 at 08:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-11 AT 06:15 PM (EST)

MMMMMMMmm GOOD!

We added a little sour cream to the cream cheese mix as one package of the Hidden Valley Ranch mix was too much for us. I think we also used more bacon than Tummy did BUT bacon is guuuud! I would use a rack next time with a pan underneath. Maybe a shallow rack placed in the baking sheet might work. I think the bottoms would crisp up better than sitting in the bacon grease. We left some heavier veins in six of them and denoted this with two tooth picks instead of one.

They were great! If you're throwing a New Year's party, these would be perfect. We made them to watch Auburn win the Iron Bowl against 'Bama. No such luck.

"RE: We made these tonight! Pics included!"
Posted by Tummy on 11-27-11 at 11:10 AM
Oh, how I've missed your pics! Beautiful.

You did use more bacon, but more bacon is NEVER EVER a bad thing.

"BUMP!"
Posted by thndrkttn on 05-09-12 at 06:18 PM
I bumped this because we had a Derby party this weekend and Tummy's cream cheese stuffed jalapeno's were an absolute hit!!!

I have OTCC duty this month and will be posting a recipe sometime within the next week. With the party, there was entirely too much to do and I'm wavering on what I want y'all to make. I have a really nice, really flavorful diet friendly turkey loin recipe or I am going to have DH make something ridiculous involving cream, steak and brandy.

"RE: BUMP!"
Posted by kingfish on 05-09-12 at 06:53 PM
Creme steak and Brandy!

Turkeys have loins?

"Whut?"
Posted by foonermints on 05-12-12 at 03:36 AM
Honey Badger don't care.