URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3709
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.6"

Posted by ARnutz on 11-03-08 at 08:57 AM

Singeing Skulls and Flaming Heads!

…and You Thought Halloween Was Over.

This week, the teams traveled from Siem Reap, Cambodia to Delhi, India. Again, they were all on the same flight so we got no airport drama. We did, however, get a little flirting going on between Dallas and Starr (no, not the Dallas Stars, Dallas AND Starr)

They get to India and have to find Moonlight Motors, where they do the roadblock - paint half a taxi green. After the road block, they were sent to find their next clue at Ambassador Hotel. During all of their trips, several teams get lost because of bad taxi drivers who apparently don't speak English.

The detour was a choice between ironing laundry and making a rupee necklace for a new groom at his wedding. Most teams chose the laundry, but Ken & Tina and Terence & Sarah chose the wedding necklace things. Once complete, they were off to the pit stop at Baha'i house where… the greeter had a flaming pot upon her head! It was our first non-elimination of the season and Ken & Tina were saved to race another day.

Last week's all-encompassing rankings are here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID20/3705.shtml#18

Rank. Names (last week's rank)

1. Dallas & Toni (1) – The nicest team of the whole bunch! They work well together and are always encouraging.
2. Nick & Starr (5) – Mostly drama free week, plus two first places in a row, moves them back up my list.
3. Ken & Tina (2) – Oh, there’s the drama. Still, not so bad.
4. Kelly & Christy (4) – They need to get over themselves. Their obsession with Nick & Starr just might be the thing that does them in.
5. Andrew & Dan (3) – I wish they were gone. Although, I did laugh uncontrollably when the laundry went blowing all over.
6. Terence & Sarah (6) – Terence is a jerk. Sarah needs to run away fast.

OK! Your turn!!!

Remember... this is not a discussion thread. Comments on team rankings of fellow posters are welcomed, but please refrain from going off on too many tangents. There are plenty of other threads where you can do that.

Wheeee! TAR is back!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.6"
Posted by mindy23 on 11-03-08 at 09:15 AM
The laundry flying was pretty funny, but I am still wondering who David, the Painter, is?? Is that the guy who painted on Murphy Brown most of the season's runnings??

Anywho, here are my rankings...

1) Dallas and Toni: as above

2) Nick and Star: as above (I am as boring this morning as most of the show has been, no?)

3) Frat Boys move up, just because they DID try a little harder. Luck is just NOT on their side. I say, switch to U of A, and you'll do much better!! (Private Arizona fan joke).

4)Terrance and Sarah, if I could be-head Terrance. Isn't that what they do, well, no, not in India...he needs a beotch-slap so bad...wish I could reach into the TV screen!!!

5) Tina and Ken, only because of Ken. Tina needs to run away with Terrance, and the world would be so much a better place! As long as they are in a cave somewhere, yelling at the bats. Her voice is SO grating...what can I say??

6) Kristi and Kelly: they just need to be thrown off the balcony along with their sports bras.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-03-08 at 09:52 AM
At least this episode was entertaining, even though everyone on the planet (including Ken & Tina) knew it was a non-elim. Still, I'm not a fan of the mandatory India leg and am ready for the teams to move on to somewhere else.

1. Dallas/Toni (1) - Another decent effort from a bland but supportive team. I wish they had a little more personality, but at least they're likable and compentent racers.

2. Nick/Starr (2) - They're back on track after a couple of subpar legs and racing strong again. I could do without Nick's arrogance, but otherwise this is a fun team to watch.

3. Ken/Tina (3) - Ken's still henpecked and Tina's still a shrew. Next!

4. Kelly/Christy (6) - They ran a good leg, and for the first time this season, they weren't the source of any drama. Given these lackluster teams, that's good enough to move up two spots on my list.

5. Andrew/Dan (5) - Where else to put these two except next to last?

6. Terence/Sarah (4) - And the real Terence reappeared during the roadblock. What a tool-- I wanted to reach into my TV and smack him. And Sarah? Get some new glasses; the ones you have make you look much less attractive.

Posted by ARnutz on 11-03-08 at 12:22 PM
Still, I'm not a fan of the mandatory India leg...

I know!!! I was thinking the same thing while watching this episode! There must be other places that can pose similar challenges to the racers, right?

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-03-08 at 11:06 AM
Where does one find a flaming hat like that?

1)Kelly & Christie - They did a great job, starting last out of the airport, second to last finishing the Roadblock and coming in second. They seem to have fun and don't bicker or fight with each other. Don't know why they don't get more lvoe around here.

2)Dallas & Toni - Still boring, but they are nice people. Think it might be a good idea if Dallas goes away to college.

3)Andrew & Dan - All the other teams annoyed me more this week so they get third place by default. The dark haired guy can't seem to open his mouth without a complaint coming out.

4)Nick & Starr - Nick is so smug and conceited that I want to see him get stuck at a task while everyone else passes him. I can see why Kelly & Christie dislike them so much - He really needs to deflate that ego a lot.

5)Terence & Sarah - I think the most cruel and usual punishment for the audience would be if Terence & Sarah and Andrew & Dan wound up doing an Intersection together. Two whiny guys bitching and moaning. Sheesh.

6)Ken & Tina - What a Superbitch! Ken has incredible self control not to punch her. She was nasty to the locals (and will get even nastier next leg according to the previews), demands people do things rather than ask nicely. Hope the Speedbump does them in. Tina is a hideous person. I suspect they are last on my list for the rest of their time on The Race.

Posted by ARnutz on 11-03-08 at 12:16 PM
Where does one find a flaming hat like that?

In Delhi, of course!

Posted by Seana on 11-03-08 at 11:21 AM
1. Andrew & Dan (4) - Can these two not keep a lead? Holy crap. Way to suck, and yet not be eliminated. Even still, I find them more lvoeable this week. Maybe it was their obvious frustration with the ironing. Maybe it was how Andrew smoked the RB. I don't know. They're starting to grow on me. So they get first.

2. Dallas & Toni (3) - I just can't put them in the #1 spot. I find them dull. Yes, they work well together, but their time on camera is a snore. And I don't really care about the flirting with Starr.

3. Kelly & Christy (1) - They did OK this week, I guess. No idea what's up with the skanky clothing choices. And since they didn't make me laugh by screwing up royally, down the list they go.

4. Ken & Tina (5) - OK, Tina was *awful* at the Roadblock. But they move up because of Ken's emotional confessional at the end.

5. Terence & Sarah (2) - Ack. This week's whininess from Terence puts them way down the list. When he's just a bit whiny and needy, it's kind of funny, but his haranging of Sarah at the Roadblock was just too much for them to stay so far up. They really do remind me of Peter and bionic Sarah. They were also "newly dating" and the non-Sarah team member was a critical jerk.

6. Nick & Starr (6) - I just can't like them. They work well together and everything, but Nick...

Thanks for the stats, kidflash! Sorry that my lists are so inconsistent. I hope it doesn't mess up the results too much.

Posted by ARnutz on 11-03-08 at 12:19 PM
Thanks for the stats, kidflash! Sorry that my lists are so inconsistent. I hope it doesn't mess up the results too much.

How boring would this lvoe list be if we all agreed on the rankings every week? Probably about as boring as this season is turning out to be!

Posted by MaryKat on 11-03-08 at 11:33 AM
1. Toni and Dallas - I would love for this to be the winning team.
2. Nick and Starr
3. Ken and Tina - I did want him to tape her mouth shut.
4. Terence and Sarah - I wanted her to shoot him with her paint sprayer.
5. Christy and Kelly - I want them to be eleminated every week.
6. Andrew and Dan - Cry babies!

Posted by mia rules18 on 11-03-08 at 11:36 AM
1)Nick and Starr - Best competitors by far.

2)Dallas & Toni - What, Toni's not a good wingman?!

3)Kelly and Christy- They always seem to pull it off somehow...they need to let go of grudges.

4) Andrew and Dan- They talk too much.

5)Ken & Tina - Watching Tina berate Ken for most of the episode was just unbearable.

6)Terence & Sarah - These two are constantly fluctuating on my lists. Usually I find Terence somewhat entertaining but not at all this week.

Posted by emydi on 11-03-08 at 11:58 AM
Not read anyone's yet

Gosh this week is hard can I rank them all last?

1. Andrew & Dan (4)(5)(4)(3)(3)- They did do well at the beginning and they provided some comic relief at the ironing place with the wind. But why didn't they pick the Launder the money?

2. Dallas & Toni(1)(2)(1)(2)(1)-They move down one bc of Dally's crush on Starr ugh

3. Terence & Sarah(6)(8)(3)(5)(4) - Terence just shut up. They did make up some time at the wedding.

4. Ken & Tina(8)(4)(2)(1)(2) - Did Ken "imply" at the end that if they don't win the race, they won't stay together, and Tina...shut up you shrew!

5. Kelly & Christy (5)(7)(7)(6)(5)- I guess going thru a divorce does help your ironing

6. Nick & Starr-(9)(9)(8)(7)(6) - ew, they have this weird relationship and I think Nick is jealous of Dally

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-03-08 at 08:08 PM
1. Toni & Dallas - I guess this is the team I'm rooting for... but I've probably just jinxed it!

2. Nick & Starr - Another strong finish.

3. Kelly & Christy - Finally, a respectable finish but get over your obsession with Nick and Starr... and put some pants on! Really, booty shorts?

4. Ken & Tina - Wow she was the harpy from hell. It blows my mind that the whole future of their marriage is based on the outcome of the race.

5. Terence & Sarah - He should have been drowned at birth.

6. Andrew & Dan - Go away! Just go away! Squander yet another lead and then act like idiots at the laundry task. Dan and his fit at the laundry task was just pathetic.

Siggie courtesy of Seana

Posted by Jenna_F on 11-03-08 at 09:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-08 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

1.Nick/Starr: Everything I said last week plus two first place's in a row. honestly, the majority of the teams seem to like them too from the interviews and confessionals, they can't be that bad right?

2.Dallas/Toni: Same as last week, same as Nick and Starr: they don't fight, they get along with eachother.

3.Dan/Andrew: Wierd having such a bad team so high up the list, but, they really are completly respectfull to other racers, their negativity is reserved to eachother, and they're not as bad as Terence and Sara were this week, in terms of fighting.

4.Terence/Sarah: Wow did they fight alot this week. Terence at the roadblock was unbearable.

5.Ken/Tina: Fought alot, placed last, lucked out on non elimination. Alot of their bad placing did seem to be taxi based to be fair I guess though. Should have taken the time to switch taxi driver early on.

6.Kelly/Christy: Sure teams have snide remarks about eachother every now and then, but Kelly and Christy are the only team regularly bringing negativity to the other teams, every single episode. Also, do they think the local at the laundry challenge really cares which teams they do or don't like? that was kind of wierd. Way to make the local uncomfortable.

Posted by dajaki on 11-03-08 at 11:27 PM
1. Nick & Starr: They are racing well and I think they're fun to watch. He's cute and she can provide the occasional drama.

2. Toni & Dallas: I think they may be my favorite parent/child team of all time.

3. Andrew & Dan: They are in #3 by default, because I can't stand the rest of the teams. It's too bad they're so stupid. Maybe they should transfer to U of A (and slightly off topic - props to Lute, this ASU fan will miss him).

4. Kelly & Christy: Two screeching harpies are slightly less painful to watch than a needy shemale and a nagging shemale.

5. Terence & Sarah: Agree with the glasses comment another one of you wrote. My 7 year old saw Sarah sans specs and said, "Mommy, I didn't know Sarah was pretty." She is and should drop terrible Terence in a vat of green paint.

6. Ken & Tina: She is just a nightmare with poorly plucked brows. Yech.

Posted by beau_30 on 11-04-08 at 01:16 PM
RANKS! I'll try to remeber to come back and edit.
1) Toni & Dalls - Awesome Team. Probably my Favorite.
2) Nick & Starr - Awesome adventures.
3) Kelly & Christy - Did a great job.
4) Ken & Tina - Such a breakdown since their not in first.
5) Andrew & Dan - God Dan is an annoyance
6) Terrance & Sarah - Terrance is such a jerk.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-05-08 at 08:07 PM
Have I ever liked a cast less? Here goes, anyways:

1. Dallas and Toni – they are a bit boring, but I love the way they support each other especially the way Dallas supports his mom. Aw shucks, the flirtation between Dallas and Starr is so cute!

2. Nick and Starr – They bug me, but props to them for being good racers and good teammates to each other and for being smart in packing and using their gloves.

3. Kelly and Christy – This week was so boring that I guess, for me, it was all about supporting your teammate, lol, and these two are really nice to each other. They have a solid friendship even if they complain about their exs too much.

4. Sarah and Terrence – I love Sarah’s enthusiasm but Terrence is way too critical and he freaks out way too easily. He was not entertaining this week.

5. Ken and Tina – When they are racing well, they are fun to watch. When they’re not…Tina is an obnoxious know-it-all and Ken just seems frustrated by it all.

6. Andrew and Dan – I loved the Indian laundry lady inspecting their ironing, hee hee. Dan is such a pessimist. He’s awful (and has only done one roadblock. This could be interesting down the road! )

Lit up by Agman

Posted by michel on 11-06-08 at 07:27 PM
1. Nick/Starr (1,2,6,2,2)– Their strong showing proves how poor everyone is. It seems that every story involving members of different teams revolves around Starr: The flirtation with Dallas, the alliance with mom and dad, the fight with the divorces and with Sarah. It feels like every other story is limited within each team. Hummmm...

2. Kelly/Christy(4,5,8,4,3): Suddenly, I wish they win. Not so that we'd have the first all-female team winning but rather the first clueless team winning

3. Toni/Dallas (3,4,1,1,1): Nice but, Oh! So boring.

4. Terrence/Sarah (5,6,4,5,5) – They need to take medication. Sarah to calm down, Terrence to get a personality.

5. Ken/Tina (8,7,3,3,4) - How could anyone WANT to be with Tina?

6. Dandrew (9,8,5,6,6) - Listening to brown hair Dandrew talk at the start of the episode was bumming me out.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-07-08 at 05:32 PM
>1. Nick/Starr (1,2,6,2,2)– Their strong showing
>proves how poor everyone is.
>It seems that every story
>involving members of different teams
>revolves around Starr: The flirtation
>with Dallas, the alliance with
>mom and dad, the fight
>with the divorces and with
>Sarah. It feels like every
>other story is limited within
>each team. Hummmm...

I noticed that too. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Posted by shimane22 on 11-07-08 at 06:18 PM

1. Kelly/Christy- This team has lots of problems, but in spite of their cluelessness I believe they are still a strong team and still have a chance of winning this (surely their odds are better than Dandrew's at this point).

2. Terence/Sarah- Sarah had a number of great one-liners in this episode, Terence is a kook, but I don't dislike them as much now.

3. Nick/Starr- They are boring, but I acknowledge that they are good racers.

4. Toni/Dallas- The most amazingly boring team ever!

5. Ken/Tina- The Amazing Race is not the same thing as marriage counseling. People!

6. Andrew/Dan-- This is one of the least fun teams ever... and least competent teams ever. Hope they go soon!

Posted by cahaya on 11-08-08 at 06:33 PM
I finally watched the recording of this episode (the Colts game was on, y'know), and...

1. Dallas & Toni: The more I see them, the more I like them. Not only do Mom and son get along well, but son has his eye on Starr! Speaking of whom...

2. Nick & Starr: Yes, they're intense racers, but they are like peanut butter and jelly, practically inseparable.

3. Ken & Tina: Ken, I like. Tina, I couldn't put up with for more than five minutes, micromanaging every move of his painting job.

4. Terence & Sarah: Sarah isn't so bad, although a bit stubborn. Terence doesn't quite get it, and probably won't get her either after their Race is over.

5. Kelly & Christy: Always have to have someone not to like. So ironing reminds you of being married again? Sounds like they never heard of wash and wear.

6. Andrew & Dan: Boring dudes, although the wind provided some comic humor.

Posted by louislam on 11-09-08 at 12:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-08 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

1. Kelly/Christy (3) - I am surprised that they could be top of my list. But they really did a great job this leg. They did not make any mistakes and finished task quickly, if they could keep this performance they may be able to go a bit farther.

2. Toni/Dallas (2) - Seriously I cannot put them in 1st. I like them, just because they are always supportive to each other and focus on tasks. However apart from that they seem boring and we do not know much about them. I would like to see more about them though.

3. Terence/Sarah (1) - Terence cannot handle pressure very well, this is the truth. But I think it's good for him to stop the arguing with Sarah after roadblock and focus on the race first, maybe they were too panic at that time because they seldom fell to last place, and they really did well in the rest of the race and climbed 2 places, I am sure they were very surprised when they checked into the pit stop, hope they could do better next leg. I find Sarah very attractive without her glasses on and her reaction about the taxi driver "knowing everything" is hilarious!

4. Ken/Tina (5) - They had terrible luck with taxi, so I think it's not their fault for being in last place. Tina was very bossy at roadblock but maybe this was the reason why Ken did the task so fast. I found the scene where the dogs chasing them very funny though.

5. Nick/Starr (4) - So far they are a very strong team, but I really don't like them much, especially Nick because he seems a bit cocky right now. Also, talking about K/C wearing too little clothes, maybe Nick should advise his sister to wear more too because I think Starr should pay more attention on this.

6. Dan/Andrew (6) - I just want them to go, they are not competent and blow out any lead they could have. Dan's attitude at the detour did not help the team either, I felt bad for Andrew because I think he really focused on the task and tried his best. I will not feel sorry if they go next.

Overall this is a very generic Indian leg, so I don't like it very much. However, watching next week's preview makes me very excited because it seems the next leg will be much more entertaining than this one! I can't wait to see it!

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Posted by redbaronii on 11-09-08 at 04:15 PM
This week's ranking:

1 (1,1,3,7,6,2). Nick/Starr - Why not? Another 1st place, not as much evil edit...

2 (5,5,2,1,2,1). Toni/Dallas - They should be 1 or 2 in my list by default...nothing SUPER special about them but nothing negative.

3 (2,3,5,8,7,6). Kelly/Christy - Somehow they climb back up on my list! Also...STOP talking about your ex!

4 (10,6,6,2,1,4). Ken/Tina - Tina is annoying!!

5 (4,8,7,6,5,5). Andrew/Dan - At least they provide non-screaming drama...a.k.a. "I cannot iron/fold clothes because nobody does that in frat!"

6 (6,10,9,5,3,3). Terence/Sarah - I hate screaming on my TV...drama is drama, purely lame screaming is just lame. Terence is back...he's BACK!

"Week 6 Results!!"
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-09-08 at 11:21 PM
Week Six Rankings

Heading North

Dallas & Toni continue to hold down the top spot and show no sign of letting go. Nick & Starr move up from fourth place to second while their nemesis Kelly & Christie also move back up the rankings into third place.

Heading South

Terence & Sarah take a bad tumble from last weeks second place team to the least loved team of the week. Ken & Tina slipped slightly from third to fourth.

Rank Team First Place Votes Last Place Votes
Last week's Rank
Compass Heading
Dallas & Toni
Nick & Starr
Kelly & Christie
Ken & Tina
Andrew & Dan
Terence & Sarah

New PAPS!!!
beau_30 and red baronii were both Perfectly Average matching the overall list exactly. Good job guys.