URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3700
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"*** S6-EP7 EAST COAST SPOILER Thread ***"

Posted by IceCat on 03-26-03 at 08:09 PM
Before 12:00 EST, please use this thread or the next episode's preview vidcap thread to discuss tonight's episode.

SurvivorBlows.com provides this thread as a service to two groups of people:

1) People who want to post and read about the episode as it is being telecast across the various time zones. If you can't wait for the show to appear in your time zone, read the 'East Coast Spoiler Thread' for an on-the-fly commentary.

2) Those people who want to access other posts on the Spoiler/Speculation board but do not want to see spoilers before the show is telecast in their timezone. Please do not post any commentary about the episodes as they are telecast in threads other than the ones mentioned at the start of this post. Thanks

Everyone is welcome to post on this thread! It's like Spoilers, Fanatics, and Bashers boards all in one!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: *** S6-EP7 EAST COAST SPOILER Thread ***"
Posted by TechNoir on 03-26-03 at 08:09 PM
Opening the box ... a note the final line of which is

"It's time to live as one"

which they interpret as merge.

Posted by Drive My Car on 03-26-03 at 08:32 PM

There is lots and lots of sex talk.

Crap! When did I become such an old prude?

Those skinny girls are slutty.

Oh ya and Roger is really bossy and completely butting heads with Deena. The men are building the shelter, but when the woman try to help out, Roger orders them to do aomething else.

Posted by Rebel Crown on 03-26-03 at 08:32 PM
Rob is disgusted by Dave's suaveness.

Dave thinks Deena and Christy are the targets for the men to vote out.

Everyone else hates bossy Roger.

Posted by Rebel Crown on 03-26-03 at 08:46 PM
Immunity is standing on poles.

Jenna and Heidi take off their clothes for peanut butter and cookies.

Roger bails five minutes later, for nothing.

Matt, Dave and Alex jump when Jeff offers pizza.

Christy and Deena are the last to go. They do rock, paper scissors. Christy has scissors, Deena the rock. Off jumps Christy. Deena wins immunity.

Posted by Drive My Car on 03-26-03 at 08:47 PM
Challenge, Roger wavers early. They are standing on the posts over the water. After 30 minutes Jenna says she will take her clothes off for some peanut butter and chococlate, asks Hiedi if she is in. ( AHHHHHHHH The scary dark places!!!)

Wonders never cease Probst just happenes to have peanut butter oreos and 2 ice cold sodas. The girls strip, then jump in the water. Stoopid stoopid skinny girls, they only had to jump in the water. Jeff actually asks them if they are even going to try to temp the guys into jumping in. NOPE they just wanted to be naked.

Deena and Christy last standing, rock paper scissors and a plate of spagettei decide. Deena wins a really ugly feathered Immunity necklace.

"I didn't know they gave them machetes AND HOs"
Posted by NorthOfBoston on 03-26-03 at 09:21 PM
Jenna and Heidi later in a (dual) confessional say that they are the Original Survivor Skanks (oops I mean Girls) Gone Wild

They entice the men with statements about how most women long to have a threesome with another girl and a guy, or just a one-on-one girl thing. Rob makes a note to make sure he and Heidi and Jenna are the final three.

I don't quite understand why they gave up the goods so easily when if their plan was to seduce the men they should have saved the nudity for when they were in danger of being voted off. Talk about getting the milk for free!

Alex says he definitely looked when the girls were naked. of course he was thinking of his true soulmate Shawna the whole time. hahahaha

Posted by samiam on 03-26-03 at 09:27 PM
Don't forget this part: Jiffy asking Deena how much longer she could hold out, and her reply was, "Well, I lasted longer than Roger, and that's what counts."

I'm sorry, did I just hear the sound of someone cutting down coconuts?

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. - Hemingway

Posted by Rebel Crown on 03-26-03 at 08:51 PM
Roger thinks "Survivor life" is too good to be true. Dave still assumes all 6 men will stick together.

Rob:"I'm going to be the last man standing".

Off to tribal council.

Posted by Drive My Car on 03-26-03 at 08:52 PM
Deena is sooooo sarcastic. I love her!

** waves at Rebel**

Posted by Elwood on 03-26-03 at 08:53 PM
Did Deena and Rob just give the 2 worst answers ever in Survivor Tribal Council history?

But then, if the 5 other guys didn't get clued in at all on those answers, they kind of deserve to be Pagonged.

Posted by Drive My Car on 03-26-03 at 08:56 PM
see ya Rodge

Posted by Rebel Crown on 03-26-03 at 08:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-03 AT 08:59 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-26-03 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

At TC, Roger says that if he thought he need immunity, he would have tried harder. Ooooh, foreshadowing...

--missed one--
Deena votes Roger
Dave, Heidi - not shown
Rob - Roger (in a Kasey Casem voice)

Votes:
Christy
Christy
Roger
Roger
Christy
Roger
Roger
Roger
Roger

Roger's out.

Edited to wave to Buggy *waves*

Posted by mistofleas on 03-26-03 at 08:58 PM
I honestly don't think I've been more happy to see someone voted out in all of my Survivor viewing. The look on Butch's face was priceless and I think Roger is still in shock!

Thank you!!

--does a little happy dance for women power

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-26-03 at 09:03 PM
hell, i think we're all rather shocked

Posted by Kokoro on 03-26-03 at 08:57 PM
Oh my heck that's hilarious! And it should've been obvious without all the Alex-Shawna dating junk. Well most of us got the boot in every survivor game possible ;) Good luck to anyone left!

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-26-03 at 09:05 PM
I was right about one thing: Roger was the obvious target... except that I really thought he'd win immunity. Oh well...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"Hey Dawg..."
Posted by Jims02 on 03-26-03 at 10:40 PM
Repeat after me.

Occam's Razor
Occam's Razor
Occam's Razor!!!

(Even though I didn't Roger to go, at least I got something right...)

Great episode though. A lot of dramatic irony tonight.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
1. "Daniel is the Mole!!!" -SurvivinDawg
2. "Look Jeanne, a fish! EEEEEEEK!" -survivorscott
3. "Survivor is turning into Playboy At The Rainforest" -AMAI
4. "Eat a sandwich and contemplate how shallow you are" -dajaki (Heidi/Jen)
5. "She’s deaf! She’s deaf! Oh God, the humanity, she’s deaf!" -TechNoir

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-26-03 at 09:02 PM
whoa, i don't think i've EVER seen someone get beat so badly by the editing stick

"Credit where due"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-26-03 at 09:03 PM
Credit where due: Rob's Kasey Casum letter was one of the funniest things that I have had the pleasure to witness on any Survivor series. Somebody hire that man to do a summary!!!

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"RE: Credit where due"
Posted by J Slice on 03-26-03 at 09:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-03 AT 09:13 PM (EST)

I was rolling on the floor at Rob's previous comment about Roger's expertise:

something along the lines of "It'd have to be 'Identify this Perry Como song' and (even more hilarous) 'What kind of prune is this?"

Hee hee

All Hail the Kittyloaf!

Posted by prn on 03-26-03 at 09:11 PM
I agree completely! It was too funny, and the voice was the real kicker!

"Casey Kasem's Long Distance Dedication"
Posted by bobstew617 on 03-26-03 at 09:52 PM
Esp. for those of us who remember American Top 40, (and I emphasize the 40-ugh )I agree S-Dawg, it was a piece of classic Survivor to be played over and over again.

Yes, now I am shot to pieces on my ABPABC picks as well--too bad.

Posted by SaphireLady on 03-26-03 at 10:26 PM
I am so with you on this one. It was a great moment. I also have not been in a game since the Jeanne vote but for some reason on all the list that asked for votes I put Roger. Go figure, when I finally get one right I am not in any game anymore.

Dawg. I would like to ask you a couple of questions but not sure how to do that in a private type way. Nothing personal soo no romance type talk people. This is about military and son.

I would be more then happy to give e-mail address if I can figure out where to put it in a semi-private type place.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

"Saphire"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-26-03 at 11:55 PM
Saphire, you can go up to my message above. In the upper right hand corner are 4 little icons. The one on the left will let you send an email to me.

Or you can send one to survivindawg@hotmail.com if you like.

"I need that Rob confessional ASAP"
Posted by bergdogg on 03-26-03 at 09:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I was laughing about that for almost five minutes. The best part about tonight is this is the last time we will see Roger's stupid ass until the finale.

"This, unfortunately, is the high point of my day" - Lester Burnham
Me and Heidi Strobel share the same birthday!!!! GO HEIDI!!!

"LMAO!"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-26-03 at 09:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-03 AT 09:10 PM (EST)

I voted wrong and I don't care! Buh-bye Roger! Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Skeletal female nudity-worth peanut butter and oreos.
Butch and Dave's expressions at TC-PRICELESS!

"RE: LMAO!"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-26-03 at 09:10 PM
I'm wondering who is the bigger idiot:
Heidi and Jenna for stripping for something they could have had just for jumping off, or Roger jumping off for nothing. Right now its a push

Posted by moonbaby on 03-26-03 at 09:13 PM
Ya know HE, as Roger told Jiffy-if he REALLY needed immunity he would have stayed in the challenge, bahahah! Cracks me up!

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-26-03 at 10:06 PM
jiffy's so bad

Posted by Loree on 03-27-03 at 09:39 AM
I was watching Roger on The Early Show. He said he had no idea until he was at TC. Then the questions that Jeff was asking made him start to wonder. And Alex gave an answer that really made Roger worried. Also Roger said that they didn't show it but at the end he questioned Alex and Rob on their betrayal. Plus he said Deena was alot worse than they showed. She had a dumb idea about how to do the water and she wanted 2 fires but didn't want to do them herself.

"Scary ass preview"
Posted by NorthOfBoston on 03-26-03 at 09:14 PM
Okay whoa Nelly when did Matthew do Dahmer on us?

Scenes of Matt sharpening his machete and looking on the edge

Tribe says he has snapped

Jenna is sleeping with the enemy (Dave)

Does this girl get stupider with every episode? First she blabs about the tribal configuration to Dave as she's scratching her butt (causing Heidi to be separated from her), now she is falling for the same trap, from the same guy

Scary Matt is sure to go next (for safety reasons)
or Dave...

then Deena will turn on Jenna a la Shawna (traitor to women!)

"RE: Scary ass preview"
Posted by J Slice on 03-26-03 at 09:17 PM
I thought it was Heidi who starts gettin' cozy with Dave...

All Hail the Kittyloaf!

Posted by NorthOfBoston on 03-26-03 at 09:25 PM
Was it Heidi?
I don't know, I saw a boob and a rib, so I guess it's a toss up

Posted by lizziegirl on 03-26-03 at 09:27 PM
Yep, it's Heidi. I bet the other tribe members are praying that Matt doesn't win immunity - Seeing their lives are on the line.

Posted by SeaOtter on 03-26-03 at 09:18 PM
I wonder what they do if someone actually does go nuts during the game.

Go Deena!!

Posted by survivorpinoy on 03-26-03 at 09:37 PM
Is it Matthew who will be "ousted" in Episode 8?

Posted by bergdogg on 03-26-03 at 09:24 PM
Matthew = misdirection!!!

Dave is the obvious boot next week. Rob is just a jealous bastard, but he won't have to worry about that soon.

Dave is next, but the real question is if Butch is the last 50 year old left in the game, how does he stay in the game to make Chillone's final four??? The plot thickens (or ChillOne will be proven full of it.)

"This, unfortunately, is the high point of my day" - Lester Burnham
Me and Heidi Strobel share the same birthday!!!! GO HEIDI!!!

Posted by samiam on 03-26-03 at 10:59 PM
Well, here's the thing. Once Dave is gone, Butch is the only one left from that alliance. He does not appear to be a huge challenge hog...so he's no longer a threat. The power alliance can then spend a couple of episodes voting off its weaker/more annoying members, secure in the knowledge that Butch is just along for the ride and they can vote him off whenever they want.

So all he has to do is figure out when his time is supposed to be up and make sure he wins immunity, or work his persuasive skills like they've never been worked before to break the alliance down or build one of his own. It's all a matter of being in a position to point to someone else and say, "Hey, look at HIM/HER! (S)He's a MUCH bigger threat to you than *I* am. This may be your only opportunity to get rid of him/her...I'll even vote WITH you." Or, that's what *I* would do in his position, anyway

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. - Hemingway

Posted by DeadInTheWater on 03-26-03 at 09:27 PM
I guess there was more to Daniel's comment in his chat - about the women not standing for Roger's bossiness when the merge happens - than anyone thought.

"BEST.EPISODE.EVER"
Posted by Spidey on 03-26-03 at 09:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-03 AT 09:42 PM (EST)

I am out of every spoilers game and couldn't be happier about it.

Once Roger jump off his pole (and for nothing!), I started to cheer. I was sure there was no way this was misdirect. It was all just too damn good to hide. And since it was all contained in one episode, why not make the most entertaining episode ever. I love seeing the Roger-type get his commupance. But he still thinks he wasn't outwitted or outplayed. Because then that would be to admit he was outwitted and outplayed by a female minority. The thought didn't even cross his mind that the Jaburu sirens would lure in the young, testosterone driven men? Didn't they spend the first half of the game wanted to get with the women? And then the "solid" alliance at Tam. ships off its rejects. How dumb can you get. Idjuts, one and all.

Equally thrilled Alex is around another week. Yummmmmmmmy!

"RE: BEST.EPISODE.EVER"
Posted by echogirl on 03-26-03 at 10:36 PM
Hey Spidey!

I have to agree, this was one of the best.episodes.ever! Roger may have been the most vile, arrogant Survivor ever! Of course he was simply outlasted Even in defeat he was vile and arrogant! Of course he would never admit that a woman outwitted him! And the look on Butch (who obviously isn't that tight with Christy) and Dave's faces were priceless! I'm totally loving the Amazon!

"RE: BEST.EPISODE.EVER"
Posted by Loree on 03-27-03 at 09:45 AM
I wish we would hear Butch talk once in awhile. We never hear him talk strategy. Whose idea was it of the 3 men to target Christy? Could Dave have been more out of the loop? Now the poor guy has to cozy up to Heidi to try and save his skin. Ewwww!

"The Christy Votes"
Posted by GuessItRains on 03-27-03 at 10:38 AM
I strongly suspect that it was actually Alex or Rob who convinced the Tambaqui men to vote against Christy. Remember that in the initial conversations Christy was not a sure member of the new alliance, so safer to have the men target her (in case something went wrong) than a member of the core alliance like Heidi or Jenna. Butch, Dave, and Roger probably could have cared less since they were secure in the knowledge that they were going to the Final 6 regardless.

"Proof we should never listen to CBS"
Posted by NorthOfBoston on 03-26-03 at 09:42 PM
Help CBS, where am I???

Was anyone "distraught over the loss of a tribemember" in this episode at all? Did I black out during that scene? Am I confusing another misdirection from another episode? Help me out here.

"RE: Proof we should never listen to CBS"
Posted by DeadInTheWater on 03-26-03 at 09:46 PM
Alex looked kinda sad for about 30 seconds in the beginning of the episode after Shawna got voted out.

Posted by NorthOfBoston on 03-26-03 at 09:53 PM
aha I guess that's "distraught" in CBS-ease

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-27-03 at 00:26 AM
He's "distraught" just like that big massive head "injury" from a couple of episodes ago...

Posted by Bebo on 03-26-03 at 10:09 PM
Woohoo, I went from third to out of the game!

As soon as Deena talked about Jenna and Heidi not wanting Roger to be on the jury, I realized he was going. I mistakenly thought the first boot would go to one of the bigger IC threats. But they were thinking ahead and knew that he was the worst jury member that any of them could face. They are looking to the endgame - bravo. He was the perfect bootee for the women.

Loved the looks of both Butch and Dave when they realized how royally they were screwed. And the only reason I didn't howl while Rob did his dedication was that I didn't want to miss a bit of it - what a good lil' Basher Boy.

A completely satisfying episode, even though I was proven completely wrong. I don't mind being wrong when it makes sense, and this definitely did.

A Bebodacious American

Posted by Brownroach on 03-27-03 at 11:25 AM
No one commented on the pains Jiffy took to clearly enunciate the words

THIS - IS - A - MERGE. YOU - ARE - NOW - ON - ONE - TRIBE.

I thought it was funny.