URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 36974
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Fall Schedule - 2011 Win, Lose or Cancel"

Posted by Tummy on 09-18-11 at 08:19 AM
I've seen -

Free Agents - love the cast

Ringer - could go either way, but I'm not optimistic.

The Secret Circle - also known as Vampire Diaries Light without the extremely good looking cast. I'm sure it will be a CW hit though.

I am pissed that Cougartown is a mid-season replacement. grrr

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Fall Schedule - 2011 Win, Lose or Cancel"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-18-11 at 01:42 PM
Agree about Cougar Town. WTF is wrong with the people at ABC? Same thing about moving The Good Wife to Sunday nights. Although, I already record both Parenthood & Body of Proof.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Ants on 09-18-11 at 03:44 PM
The Secret Circle - kinda dull and I usually like all that witchy stuff. I haven't even made it through the first episode. I'm gonna try to watch the rest of it after the kids to go bed tonight. I think I might just delete it.

Posted by Puffy on 09-18-11 at 05:46 PM
I wasn't thrilled with either Up All Night or Free Agents. I expected more, with all the promotions of those two shows. I watch Parenthood, but the way they talk is still annoying.

I will refuse to watch daytime's The Chew which because it is replacing All My Children.

Posted by weltek on 09-19-11 at 10:48 AM
I read in Entertainment Weekly that Up All Night had been sent up for some major retooling. Not sure if that was before or after the pilot.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by samboohoo on 09-20-11 at 08:57 AM
I can't imagine what it was like either. I thought it was terrible.

Posted by MTW1961 on 10-04-11 at 12:23 PM
Episode 2 was better. Oh wait. No it wasn't. I really wanted to like Up All Night because of the cast, but so far, the writing is just horrible. How many times do they have to joke about whether something is done ironically or not? Once was plenty.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

Posted by VisionQuest on 09-18-11 at 08:24 PM
Out of these, I have only seen The Secret Circle. I thought it was terribly boring, but I am giving it one more viewing until I ixnay it from TIVO just because I love Gale Harold. I have missed him since Queer as Folk went off the air.

Posted by tallgirl on 09-19-11 at 10:27 AM
I completely agree with you. I was hoping for more. Maybe it will get better next episode?

Posted by Riordan on 09-21-11 at 04:35 PM
Completely agree with you. Wasn't impressed, but will continue to give it a chance just to see Gale.

Posted by weltek on 09-19-11 at 10:53 AM
I'm looking forward to The New Girl and Terra Nova. But really, I don't need more shows.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by foonermints on 09-19-11 at 01:25 PM
Terra Nova? I'm going to watch that!

Tribemints© by Tribey
Hope it doesn't suck..

"Hawaii Five O "
Posted by HobbsofMI on 09-19-11 at 11:31 AM
Hawaii Five O adds John Locke to the cast to go with Jin and Boomer

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

"RE: Hawaii Five O "
Posted by Snidget on 09-19-11 at 01:01 PM
Seems like some of those boys'll do anything to stay in Hawaii.

"RE: Hawaii Five O "
Posted by HobbsofMI on 09-19-11 at 03:23 PM
Won't you?

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

"Squeeeeeeee"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-19-11 at 07:54 PM
I did not know this!

Suddenly there is hope for tv again

"9/19: Monday overkill."
Posted by Estee on 09-19-11 at 07:35 PM
I haven't seen a night this jammed in a while. On the Big Four:

CBS: Three comedy premieres, including the 'she'll show up in the last episode and get hit by a train' seven-year lie, the replacement of the nervous breakdown, and a possible watchable half-hour to close.

NBC: A-Capella singers! Again! For two whole hours!

FOX: Maybe tonight, the beyotch will leave! (It's the last night possible...)

ABC: Twelve people you've either never heard of, don't care for, hate, or are Carson!

And locally:

ESPN: Giants lose! The Giiiiiants lose!

Gawds only know what the rest of the channel slate looks like. It's like every network owner made an over/under bet on how many DVRs they could force to explode. I'll be watching FOX because I want to see the beyotch's face when she finally dies, but the overall competition is begging for multiple simul-knockouts. Too much division in the pool -- everyone drowns.

"RE: 9/19: Monday overkill."
Posted by Snidget on 09-19-11 at 07:43 PM
Have fun, I got to the point where to keep watching the Gordonthon of Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares I would have to give up eating restaurant food for the rest of my life.

I'll be in the Dancing ECST in memory of Vince if you can't take it anymore, or she dies an early death.

Posted by Estee on 09-19-11 at 07:56 PM
In this case, I have to see her go under the waves because if she doesn't, I'll know to give up HK forever. The RussHell Backlash has already started: that would make it a permanent commitment.

And after that? The Sheen roast. Y'know -- just to see what twelve comedians can do with forty years of material in one hour.

Posted by Snidget on 09-19-11 at 08:44 PM
I saw some of what they reported on, don't know if I'm going to watch this one, I usually like roasts, but nothing I heard ahead of time appealed.

Posted by moonbaby on 09-19-11 at 07:53 PM
Hoping "Person of Interest" is of interest.

JJ Abrams, Michael Emerson. You know I'm going to have to at least check it out once!

Posted by Max Headroom on 09-19-11 at 08:53 PM
Too bad it's on against Grey's Anatomy and X-Factor, and the TiVo only has two tuners to record shows. There's 167.99 hours of crap TV every week, yet three shows I'm interested in are on at the same time.

Posted by Snidget on 09-19-11 at 09:12 PM
They love to do that to me, I'm hoping a few shows will be on Primetime on Demand. Either nothing on, or 3 at a time.

Posted by Starshine on 09-20-11 at 08:25 AM
Do you not have +1 channels?

As I look through my listings it sometimes seems that we have more +1 channels than standard!

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Posted by Snidget on 09-20-11 at 08:39 AM
What is a +1 channel?

Posted by Starshine on 09-20-11 at 08:47 AM
Oh, OK, it is a channel that has been timeshifted by 1 hour, so let us say that if Countdown is on Channel 4 at 15:00 then it is on Channel 4 +1 at 16:00

Posted by Snidget on 09-20-11 at 08:54 AM
I think they can't do that with the network stations here (something about you can only get your local channels, not other location's local channels), but I think sometimes you can get it with cable stations. Most of the cable stations that have stuff I want to watch replay the primetime hours twice rather than have 2 feeds. That way their shows end up in primetime on both the East and West Coast with one feed.

Posted by CTgirl on 09-21-11 at 05:04 PM
U-verse lets you record 3 things at once, just sayin.'

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 09-19-11 at 07:53 PM
Nothing new looks terribly appealing to me this season. I haven't been grabbed by anything like I was by Boardwalk Empire (and to a lesser extent Mike and Molly) last year.

And just from the ads, New Girl looks annoying as heck. Meaning it'll be around for years.

"Owe me a coke"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-19-11 at 07:56 PM
Welcome back!

Posted by skye on 09-21-11 at 01:44 PM
OMG! Hey there!

(I came of my broom closet just for you. Where ya been?)

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." G.W. Bush

Posted by dabo on 09-19-11 at 07:59 PM
Well, tonight CBS airs the first half of the Men season premiere (but not the second half) and some try-out that will predictably fail in time for Mike&Molly or Rules of Engagement to be moved back into place.

Secret Circle, no thanks. Up All Night, ummmm. Ringer, that the one with Geller? We don't have a football halftime show to watch this week, may give it a watch.

Posted by KwietOne on 09-20-11 at 08:47 PM
Busy night tonight:

Sons of Anarchy and both NCIS'

Posted by weltek on 09-20-11 at 08:54 PM
Sons has started off with a bang again. Now, if only Tara would get a haircut so her hair would stop eating her face up.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Tummy on 09-21-11 at 10:23 AM
Yes, I'm a lemming. I loved New Girl. Quirky enough to be fun for me.

Posted by emydi on 09-21-11 at 10:31 AM
New Girl grew on me as it went on...I'll watch another week. I like the guy that's the bartender that got dumped 6 mos ago. I loved when they were singing to her in restaurant.

Damon Wayans Jr. is not going to be on it any longer...he's on Happy Endings on ABC

I watched Whitney early on On Demand. Ok..I'll watch again.

Up all Night I'll give one more try but not looking good.

"Reposting."
Posted by Estee on 09-21-11 at 02:07 PM
This really should have gone here instead of the Twofer thread, so...

My issue is that for scripted series, I've essentially become a binge watcher: wait until the season is complete, then buy/borrow/rent the set and do it all at once. My schedule is frequently too insane for appointment TV, my DVR lives for the moments when it can make something go wrong, and -- yes, I know this next bit looks off -- there are times when it's easier to wait a year than a week. (One of the reasons I spend much of my as-broadcast time with reality television is that I'm not likely to see a collection released for anything except the barrel scum.) Last year, the only series I made sure I was there for was the U.S. version of Being Human, because it was worth the effort.

If I include series I intend to pick up later (italicized for your convenience) and ones I'm waiting for word of mouth on (underlined), the check-out schedule would look like this.

Monday:

Terra Nova (I will watch the first two episodes. And if they insist on starting a six-season myth arc which ultimately goes nowhere and solves nothing, I will find J.J. Abrahams and knee him in the crotch.)

The Playboy Club (I will watch part of one episode. I will see if they managed to capture the look of the originals. And then I will probably leave.)

Adventure Time (What?)

House (The prison sentence is fitting. Everything that happens after -- probably not.)

Being Human (When it returns. Eventually. Which had better be soon.)

Alphas (As a DVD set only -- my recorder seems to hate this timeslot.)

Already tried: 2 Broke Girls. Personally, I thought they were doing fairly well until the horse showed up.

Tuesday:

Date night, outing night, clean & bake night, 'what have I got to read?' night, and sometimes even Sleep Or Not Sleep Night.

Wednesday:

The X-Factor (I'll give the auditions a shot. I don't know how much Paula I can take)

Modern Family (Works better for me in mega-doses.)

American Horror Story (Sounds like they want disturbing just for the sake of disturbing. Force the shocks and none will come.)

Thursday:

Big Bang Theory (Just got Season #4, about halfway through it. There's a lot of no-ending episodes this year.)

Person Of Interest (I don't trust the creator and never will again, so other people can take the first lies for me.)

Friday:

Grimm (Could have potential: could be a six-and-out series which never fulfills it.)

Batman: The Brave & The Bold (Okay, I got used to the camp. Shaddap.)

Young Justice (Alternates between absorbing and annoying.)

Boss (If it has the right scripts, this could be the drama of the season.)

Saturday:

Now where did I put those tickets?

Sunday:

The Amazing Race (It can't be appointment TV. It has no fixed time slot.)

Once Upon A Time (Sounds like a wholesale Fables theft.)

And a special category.

Breaking Bad (When the series is complete, I'm going marathon.)

Dexter (See you next August...)

Draco: I tried the 'Cats. The pilot seemed to be working. And then the giant non-whale showed up.

"RE: Reposting."
Posted by emydi on 09-21-11 at 03:04 PM
Breaking Bad (When the series is complete, I'm going marathon.)

There's 3 eps left in Season 4 and then Season 5 is final season 16 eps. Probably done next fall. Freakin' amazing show-- Season 4 is exceptional

"The Middle"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 09-22-11 at 02:03 PM
This show has grown on me, so I was looking forward to the premiere. But....

Blech! Camping cliche to camping cliche to camping cliche. Even the Ray Romano part was annoying (OTOH, Ray Romano is already annoying, so....). Part of the endless filler plot involved them screaming at each other over an invented game that could have been pretty fun with a little imaginative writing. Didn't even make it until the end. Ended up watching the gentle little fireside chat on Survivor.

Forged by Cahaya, the Brave and True

"CSI: Danson"
Posted by dabo on 09-22-11 at 02:48 PM
I enjoyed the odd Danson character a lot, the creepy octopus thing not a bit. I mean, honestly, who even knew??? That is some weird weird shite. The move to the Wednesday follow the awful Criminal Minds slot may not kill the show, with any luck Criminal Minds will get the ax instead.

"RE: CSI: Danson"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-30-11 at 09:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-11 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

Agree.

I wish there had been a little bit better explanation of what happened from last season though. And, maybe it is time for Catherine to go.

"Behind early."
Posted by Estee on 09-23-11 at 09:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-11 AT 10:04 AM (EST)

X-Factor. 12.5m viewers for the premiere, which had it losing to ABC and CBS -- each, not combined. It's a respectable audience number, but compared to the amount of hype and Simon's incessant 'I'm not doing this unless I beat the Super Bowl' speeches, it's got to be a giant letdown for FOX. We're nowhere near a cancellation number, but the network is now checking the ship for leaks.

And, given that it's FOX, possibly looking for places they can drill holes.

ETA: Just got the numbers for last night: 11.9m.

"RE: Behind early."
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 09-23-11 at 11:21 AM
Hope it does better. I liked it better than Idol. The whining that passes for singing seemed to be a little less frequent. And Melanie was amazing.

"Person of Interest"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 09-23-11 at 11:28 AM
Big Brother (1984 not the TV show) is not only watching you but he is your best friend. Big Brother likes you and only wants to protect you and make you safe and happy and life all gishy and wonderful. I love Big Brother.

Otherwise, a mediocre cop show that needs a lot more back-up characters. Jim Caviezel is hot as usual, but an hour of him simply looking grim, talking like Dirty Harry, and then shooting up bad guys (which he of course hates to do but has to because that is the way of the world but he is really a man of peace who hates violence so much that he shoots everyone within 50 yards) can get rather dull after, say, three minutes.

Transcribed by Sharnina

"RE: Person of Interest"
Posted by dabo on 09-23-11 at 11:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-11 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

Yeah. Considering that they can (should) go all over the country, the main cast with some recurring characters could work. Get the thing off the ground with some single episode stories, then see if they can work out some longer story arcs, maybe even find their own Blofeld.

"How sad"
Posted by moonbaby on 09-23-11 at 01:33 PM
I stopped watching after a half hour. I guess I expected too much I'll give it another shot (no pun intended) next time and then that's it.

Posted by zombiebaby on 09-23-11 at 03:18 PM
I was very disappointed. This was a procedural show like any other show. Interesting back story but I was bored. I wanted to like this so much.

I don't watch any of those shows like CSI or Law and Order. The only "cop" show I ever liked was Detroit 1-8-7.

You've been hotpocketed!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 09-23-11 at 03:49 PM
Detroit 1-8-7 was really good. That, and Southland. I miss them.

Forged by Cahaya, the Brave and True

"One week later"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 09-30-11 at 00:20 AM
Second show is much much better so far. Humorous opening. Much tighter, more action, better character.

Transcribed by Sharnina

"RE: (a few) weeks later"
Posted by bondt007 on 10-17-11 at 03:02 PM
While it's not a "wow" show, it seems to be getting better. I really thought I would have dumped it by now but I'm giving it some more time and do enjoy it -

"RE: Person of Interest - Week 4...getting better"
Posted by trigirl on 10-17-11 at 01:05 PM
I agree the premiere was a little weak, but this show has steadily grown on me. Week 2 introduced a little mysterious backstory with "The Founder" and the ambiguous ending to week 4 was divine!

Posted by KwietOne on 10-20-11 at 04:12 PM
This show has grown on me. It took 2 episodes for me to get hooked.

"Whitney"
Posted by weltek on 09-23-11 at 12:03 PM
I hadn't really planned on watching this, as the previews looked really bad. But with the Big Bang lead in, we stuck around. We didn't laugh during the first 10 minutes. The second 20 we had a few chuckles. I like the supporting cast well enough. I'll try it again, but it's probably not going to be a must for our household. It's probably going to fall into the "Mike and Molly" or "Two and a Half Men" category for us...if it's on and I'm looking for some "background viewing," groovy.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"RE: Whitney"
Posted by MTW1961 on 09-23-11 at 06:35 PM
I thought Whitney would be better than it was. They have promoted the crap out of it all summer long! I'll watch it again and see how it matures, but it was just okay.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

Posted by samboohoo on 09-27-11 at 09:37 AM
I thought Big Bang and Whitney were on separate networks.

I didn't watch Whitney. DH was skimming through channels and caught a scene of her dressed as a nurse. He liked that.

Posted by weltek on 09-27-11 at 09:48 AM
They are-I think Nolay was channel surfing and I didn't want to get my butt off the couch.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by bondt007 on 09-26-11 at 10:45 PM
I'll try out Tera Nova starting tonight - maybe give it a few weeks.

I really liked Pan Am, for a few reasons. I'll be sure to record that and see where it goes.

For me - Whitney was terrible

The Office, I'm not sure if I laughed during the first episode.

I missed Person of Interest - need to find out if FiOS has it recorded somewhere for me but it looks interesting.

I'm trying to get into the new Survivor cast, so far though it's sketchy - I think I'll be around for the TAR season.

I also watch Parenthood and Modern Family (here and there) - so far solid episodes to start the season.

That's about all I have time for...

Posted by Tummy on 09-27-11 at 08:11 AM
I loved Pan Am. I wanted to be a stewardess when I grew up - I wanted to work for Delta where "we really move our tails for you". I applied when I was 18, they said come back in 3 years. By the time 3 years was up I was getting married. bleh

So I'm kind of living vicariously through this show.

Posted by Puffy on 09-28-11 at 02:23 AM
I wanted to be a stewardess, too. I never applied because I was too short.

Posted by samboohoo on 09-27-11 at 09:38 AM
I actually laughed more during the first half of the office than I think I laughed all of last season.

"Terra Nova."
Posted by Estee on 09-26-11 at 10:57 PM
Post-premiere, I have three major problems with it:

The initial script was a cliche' storm.

I don't know if I'm in the mood for another multi-season myth arc with thousands of questions that never get answered.

After the first episode, the count on characters I care about: zero.

"Piffle!"
Posted by foonermints on 09-27-11 at 03:16 AM
It's the Stargate through Time to an Alternate Reality!

Kinda critical, ain'tcha?

*sigh* I hate Carnatorus.

"Well"
Posted by zombiebaby on 09-27-11 at 07:39 AM
I liked it. I like the lead, loved him in Life On Mars. I like the Terra Nova leader too.

What I liked most is that it did not seem complicated at all. No crazy Lost mysteries, yet. They did introduce something that could lead to something.

I had grown tired of all the post-Lost shows where they introduce the crazy plotlines right away, ie: Flash Forward. I want to start off slow.

That being said you could make fun of a lot in this show! It's not as cheesy as Falling Skies, but there is some cheddar to be found.

"now it's two"
Posted by bondt007 on 09-27-11 at 08:12 AM
Two times the world stopped spinning this year and Estee and I have agreed - only she was more kind. The writing was terrible and the characters worse. I was looking around the room for a magazine 6 minutes in, and thought about changing the channel wayyy too often 30 minutes after that. I started to wish that the dino would get inside Terra Nova and eat everyone.

"RE: now it's two"
Posted by bullzeye on 09-27-11 at 08:43 AM
I am with you - I lasted all of 30 minutes.

"RE: Terra Nova."
Posted by Estee on 10-04-11 at 11:19 AM
After the second episode and seeing a preview of the third, it feels as the studio built the sets, paid the actors, financed the F/X department, got makeup and editing and all technical aspects on board -- and, five seconds before reaching the writers, ran out of money. So instead of trying to do anything interesting (or write another check), they're working their way down the SF series cliche' list. This week, an invasion of alien creatures from the sky! Next week, people lose their memory for some technobabble reason we will not even try to justify! And the week after that? Evil opposites!

"RE: Terra Nova."
Posted by Max Headroom on 10-04-11 at 01:11 PM
Finally watched the premiere episode last night. I found it mildly entertaining, but the plot lines were ridiculous beyond belief. It's 150 years from now and they don't have a lightweight weapon which can bring down a dinosaur? And people routinely escape from high-security prisons and sneak into the Terra Nova departure point?

The odds are less than 50/50 that I'll watch episode #2.

"RE: Terra Nova. *checks in*"
Posted by foonermints on 10-17-11 at 10:57 PM
*looks around* *grins*

Handcrafted by RollDdice
*saunters away*

"Modern Family, Big Bang Theory"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-27-11 at 09:52 AM
I thought the second episode of each of these was much better than the first. In fact, the first episode of MF actually had me questioning the Emmy win. The second episode answered it.

I think I'm more Claire than Bre.

"RE: Modern Family, Big Bang Theory"
Posted by dabo on 09-27-11 at 11:59 AM
The second episode of Big Bang had one of the funniest sight gags on TV in ages.

"RE: Modern Family, Big Bang Theory"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-28-11 at 09:08 AM
At first I thought Sheldon had "planted" something in the chair and was moving it via remote.

"Two and a Half Men"
Posted by Molaholic on 09-27-11 at 09:55 AM
Walden is no Charlie

Unless something drastic comes along (like maybe Alan hooking up with Rose) I think the end is nigh.

(as an aside -- Jake's 20 microseconds on screen was the highlight of last night's "show".)

"RE: Two and a Half Men"
Posted by weltek on 09-27-11 at 10:04 AM
The Alan peeing his pants gag was awful. If this show begins to only focus on emasculating Alan, it's a definite no thanks for me.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"RE: Two and a Half Men"
Posted by dabo on 09-27-11 at 11:57 AM
UMBRELLA... UMBRELLA!..

Fortunately, House starts next week opposite Men. Even though the House writers ended last season with a situation they could only save by having Bobby Ewing turn up in the shower, at least the rut they are stuck in isn't juvenile sex comedy.

"Two Broke Girls, Week 2"
Posted by weltek on 09-27-11 at 10:00 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-11 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

Dislike: The writing for the lead brunette is too forced. I don't blame the actress, I blame the lines and production. It's set up as "hey, let's watch the clever thing she says this week to a table of obnoxious customers." It's not natural. Even Alice did this better in the 80s(? 70s?).

The brunette also needs another 1/2" sewn into her waitress uniform.

Would it really be legal in NYC for someone to make cupcakes in their apartment kitchen and sell them? I know it wouldn't be here unless it was a health inspector certified kitchen (and most home kitchens wouldn't pass).

Like: The blonde is a balanced mix of smart and frivolous. She can play both well. Her character can do gag bits ok. The last minute "touch" of her manure covered hand to the roomie was clever and natural.

The restaurant manager is kind of funny.

I'm still unsure about this show, but it's not a complete waste of time. Then again, I can't remember the character's names.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"RE: Two Broke Girls, Week 2"
Posted by Puffy on 09-28-11 at 02:21 AM
Whitney Cummings is involved in two new shows: Whitney and also 2 Broke Girls.

Posted by samboohoo on 09-28-11 at 09:14 AM
I agree. I didn't even watch Week 2. Just kind of forgot about it. One thing about the cupcakes. I had questions about it in Episode 1 - especially since I thought she went to the restaurant without them that morning.

Posted by Estee on 10-04-11 at 11:31 AM
The brunette also needs another 1/2" sewn into her waitress uniform.

Longer sleeves do not boost earning potential.

"Full season"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 10:35 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-orders-full-season-of-2-broke-girls-1025861.php

It's an okay show that hasn't impressed me, but CBS thinks it has legs. Probably because Men is so shaky right now.

Posted by MNgirl on 10-28-11 at 00:51 AM
I don't laugh out loud too much with this show, but I still find it oddly enjoyable. I like it.

Posted by Naked on 09-27-11 at 11:06 PM
I have had a chance to catch a number of shows this fall, and I am overall pretty pleased with what is on TV this fall.

Shows that I liked

Pan Am - Great looking show, and far more interesting then I would have thought. I think that this one is going to be a hit. Plus, you can never go wrong casting Christina Ricci in anything.

Castle - This is probably my favorite show on TV right now (besides Survivor... I know, I am freakishly devoted to this.) I think that there should be laws created that mandates that from now on, everything cast for TV, film, or web has to have Nathan Fillion in it. There can be possible exceptions with a minority of shows as long as he is replaced with Bruce Campbell.

Terra Nova - I liked it. There are a lot of shortcomings to this show, but overall, I was entertained for two solid hours. I am looking forward to more of this. The show is not LOST however. I know that the majority of people didn't like LOST, but I thought it was one of the greatest in TV history. I just recently watched over 100 episodes so I could get the story as a whole, and it was well worth the time.

Person of Interest - The casting is superb in this, and I enjoyed the first episode. I do think that the show could benefit with a character that would add a bit of levity to it. My problem with The Event may be the same thing that keeps me from watching this one full time. Both shows seems like they need to have a break from the tension with a little comic relief every now and again. The Event was cancelled.

Shows that I am looking forward to

Dexter - I stayed away from this series for the first 3 years, and then watched them on DVD. I was hooked. I still love the show and can't wait to see what is next.

House - I love this show, but I think that it may have ran its course. House has done every despicable thing imaginable. What is the finale for this season going to be? Will House be seen eating the entrails of dead babies?

Bored to Death - A show that features Ted Danson and Zach Galifinakis just can't be bad. The previous two seasons have had me laughing and expect more of the same.

Show that I wish that I would have poked my eyes out rather than watch

Dancing with the Stars - I haven't even watched the show, but they show clips of it everywhere. Every time they do, I irrevocably lose minutes off my life.

XFactor - Same as the above. Do we really need more Karaoke competitions? It is shows like this that drove me out of the music business.

Whitney - I really like the standup of Whitney Cummings, and I find her extraordinarily attractive, but this show is a piling heap of refuse. The laugh tracks are obnoxious, and get in the way, and the acting is beyond terrible.

VOTE NAKED 2004

"Body of Proof"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-28-11 at 09:12 AM
I still like it. I've only watched the premier and only watched it last night.

Last year, there was a major writing snafu involving Megan's daughter. An early episode had her at the lab interviewing Megan's co-workers, and a later episode had her not knowing Peter.

I think the biggest problem they have is not knowing what to do with the storyline of Megan and her daughter. The premier episode had Jeri Ryan having to pick up the daughter from school because the parents couldn't be reached. Megan couldn't be reached by cell - the school certainly would have tried the lab.

Still like it. Loved the Desperate Housewives references last night and even the Friday Night Lights reference using Derek Philips as someone unable to keep a job and working on cars, bikes, etc.

"Homeland"
Posted by bondt007 on 10-04-11 at 11:05 AM

I saw the ad's for this show and ran in to it last night while flipping through the FiOS guide. Really liked the first ep. Actors are pretty soild and the plot is very interesting to me. I've never been a big Clare Dains fan - for no really reason, mind you - just never gave her too much thought, although there's nothing that I have disliked about her. She does a real nice job in this roll, though.

Looking forward to this show now -

"House."
Posted by Estee on 10-04-11 at 11:21 AM
Stoopid episode format. I would have happily watched a month-long arc which just had Greg trying to survive in prison. But no, they had to bring in the sick guy and the new team member...

"RE: House."
Posted by dabo on 10-04-11 at 03:20 PM
If it were the real world, know what I mean. The show always took liberties with medical world reality, now it is pure fantasy.

"RE: House."
Posted by Estee on 11-01-11 at 10:44 AM
So if you ever wondered what the nerdiest celebration dance in recorded history would look like, last night? Was it.

I still think the writers are having trouble getting used to the new characters and the restrictions on their main to the point where the cases themselves are suffering -- honestly, basic blood work wouldn't have caught this problem and I'm meant to believe Greg's buying tens of thousands in medical equipment as a smash-up gift? -- but as of last night, the Gang 5.0 is back together. Maybe that means we'll see some chemistry at last.

Or we just might find out the formula is broken beyond repair.

"Repetition."
Posted by Estee on 11-09-11 at 12:00 PM
So we've had one patient whose disease gave him a mental symptom of giving away everything he had right down to his own organs. And now we've had another whose disease provided a compulsion to confess to every crime he'd ever committed and about four hundred that he hadn't. I bet Greg's looking forward to the one that makes the patient sleep with everything that moves.

"New Girl"
Posted by MTW1961 on 10-04-11 at 12:24 PM
So far, I really like this show. And I could watch half an hour a week just for Zooey Deschanel's blue eyes.

>

Thanks, Icey!

"RE: New Girl"
Posted by weltek on 10-04-11 at 02:07 PM
Ditto. My new sitcoms were Two Broke Girls, The New Girl, and Whitney. The New Girl is the only one that's become important to me. And yeah, maybe it's her eyes.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"RE: New Girl"
Posted by Tummy on 10-06-11 at 11:35 AM
Ditto, ditto, ditto.

Love this show.

"The Bunny is Dead"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-04-11 at 02:52 PM
Playboy Club cancelled.

"RE: The Bunny is Dead"
Posted by dabo on 10-04-11 at 03:17 PM
Rats, I missed the Bunnies. Again! Oh well.

Heard some criticism of this show, and some others in retro genre, on NPR over the weekend. People today don't get it that in the '60s even the mini-skirt was considered a liberating statement, Stews and Bunnies were pushing the envelope.

On the other hand, the show probably wasn't really about that anyway. Didn't see any of it so I really don't know.

"RE: The Bunny is Dead"
Posted by Tummy on 10-06-11 at 11:47 AM
I actually kind of enjoyed the show.

"Biggest shock"
Posted by dabo on 10-04-11 at 03:28 PM
so far of the new season.

Judith ended up doing the dirty with Herb, her hubby, instead of Walden, who she really wanted to do. On the other hand they established that Jake ought to be a senior in high school except for some pesky nonsense about actually passing his classes.

Jake filming his mom and Walden making out, maybe that makes sense to some of you coastal types but I just got the creepy as heck vibe.

"RE: Biggest shock"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-04-11 at 07:11 PM
I turned it off 10 minutes into the episode. I watched the first two episodes but couldn't get through this one. I'm glad I didn't have to see Judith and Walden making out - stupid. It's been erased off my DVR series recording list.

Posted by Tummy on 10-06-11 at 11:48 AM
I don't even know what you're talking about. And I'm glad.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-06-11 at 05:30 PM
Two and a Half Men. (Walden=Ashton Kutcher)

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-06-11 at 11:55 AM
I watched the first two episodes, and now I just keep forgetting it's on. I was so hoping this would be better than it was with the other one, but I guess not.

"Bigger shock"
Posted by dabo on 11-01-11 at 11:26 AM
And now Walden is sleeping with Evelyn. And Jake is getting some action with his "tutor." This seems to be heading to a series finale whether they want it to or not.

"American Horror Story"
Posted by zombiebaby on 10-06-11 at 12:04 PM
I really liked it. It has the potential to be really good or a real hot mess.

Was not too scary but definately creepy. Don't let guys in rubber suits into your bedroom.

"RE: American Horror Story"
Posted by Tummy on 10-06-11 at 02:15 PM
Damn it, missed it. Have to go see if there's a repeat or on demand!

"!"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-06-11 at 03:04 PM
Don't let guys in rubber suits into your bedroom.

NOW you tell me?

Posted by Estee on 10-06-11 at 03:49 PM
Don't let guys in rubber suits into your bedroom.

Fine, then you rewrite the script, strike the current set, construct a new one, get the wardrobe department to do an emergency fit which they can't possibly finish in the time allotted, rerig the lighting because it doesn't have to account for the reflections off rubber any more and by the way, we're going to need half the cast replaced. And you can do it all in the next seventy-one minutes.

Beyotch.

Posted by MNgirl on 10-28-11 at 00:38 AM
I think I'm liking it, but we'll have to see what direction it goes in. I'm a little nervous because I liked Glee for a minute of two before it veered off into total ridiculousness and the thing that bugs me the most, no continuity with the characters. They were all over the place, each episode they were like totally different people. Ugh. Jessica Lange is pretty awesome in this, though. Time will tell.

How many people have died in that house, anyway? Seems like a pretty large body count already and it's only been on a few weeks. Who in their right mind would live there?

Posted by ginger on 11-16-11 at 04:24 PM
It's a hot mess.

But I love it.

Really, it's the worst show I can't seem to do without right now. And unlike The Walking Dead, it's not TOTALLY BORING.

Really, if anyone was MADE to love Walking Dead, it's me. But I just can't stick with it anymore. YMMV.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 04:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-11 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

The way AHS was described to me:

"Think of every cliche' written around idiots in horror movies who go into the basement when the lights are out, refuse to call the police no matter what happens, always let groups get separated, and wouldn't take one step to escape a deathtrap if it meant they couldn't insist there wasn't one. Now imagine characters who do every last one of those cliches on purpose.."

Or in short form, these are people who, if there was a serial killer in their house, would be courteous enough to cut their own landline.

And unlike The Walking Dead, it's not TOTALLY BORING.

Were you really expecting zombies to be scintillating conversationalists?

"Revenge"
Posted by woeisme1 on 10-06-11 at 01:33 PM
I can't pinpoint the reasons I really like it but I am quite enjoying it. I don't think it has anywhere to go after 1 season after she gets even with everyone but for now it is my guilty pleasure.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat. Bouncy by Mystic

Woe's world

"RE: Revenge"
Posted by trigirl on 10-17-11 at 01:03 PM
Have to say that this is my new fave this year too! Not sure why. Just enough soap opera \ mystery\ lifestyles of the rich and famous I guess.

I usually get nervous when I get attached to a network show. At least they have ordered a full season.

If Emily gets her revenge on everyone season 1, the second season could be "Oops...Daddy is Alive". Or have her Mom show up in a big floppy hat a la Alexis Carrington.

"RE: Revenge"
Posted by woeisme1 on 10-20-11 at 07:08 PM
>I usually get nervous when I get attached to a network show.

I get nervous, too, but for me it is because I kill shows--if I love them, they tend to go buh-bye. But I still have shows that I love even (Desparate Housewives, House, Grey's Anatomy) now that either are or are likely to be ending after this year. If I know it is not coming back then I at least have the option of not getting that into it but when they just disappear (Gilmore Girls, Pushing Daisies) it just irritates me.

YES, it's an Agman 2011

Woe's world

"Love it!"
Posted by suzzee on 05-15-12 at 01:33 PM
Who wouldn't love unlimited money & a hot bartender.

agman made me famous dahlin'

"NBC victim #2: Free Agents."
Posted by Estee on 10-06-11 at 03:57 PM
At this rate, the next season of America's Got Singers will start on Halloween.

"RE: NBC victim #2: Free Agents."
Posted by Tummy on 10-09-11 at 11:47 AM

"CW kills H8er"
Posted by Snidget on 10-09-11 at 10:50 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-cw-cancels-new-h8r-reality-series-hosted-by-mario-lopez-1025885.php

Could it be we've finally gotten so tired of some famous for being famous we don't even care to see them snarked on anymore?

"*Woink!*"
Posted by foonermints on 10-09-11 at 12:47 PM
I'm geting tired of boinking.
I know, is that actually possible?

"*Whoomp!*"
Posted by ARnutz on 10-09-11 at 01:06 PM
There it is!

I *lurk* in lurkerdom waiting to SWOOP!

"RE: *Whoomp!*"
Posted by foonermints on 10-09-11 at 01:29 PM
There is a strange reason I like you.
Not quite sure what it is yet, and it kind of bothers me.
*foonersmooch*

"Fallen angels."
Posted by Estee on 10-16-11 at 06:56 AM
Sorry, Charlie.

"Celebrity Apprentice: trading 'train wreck' for 'Hindenburg'."
Posted by Estee on 10-17-11 at 02:58 PM
The current Wikipedia-rumored cast list for the last thing Donald Trump is making any money on. (As if any of the charity cash raised ever gets there...)

Clay Aiken (singer)
Marco Andretti (race car driver)
Adam Carolla (comedian & podcast host, sexism specialist)
Tia Carrere (actress)
Lou Ferrigno (superhero, retired)
Debbie Gibson (singer)
Teresa Giudice (reality star)
Victoria Gotti (reality star with no other allegations proven)
Arsenio Hall (former late-night host)
Penn Jillette (skeptic)
Lisa Lampanelli (comedian, insult specialist)
Dayana Mendoza (pageant contestant)
Aubrey O'Day (singer)
Dee Snider (singer)
George Takei (actor)
Paul Teutul Sr. (motorcycle designer & professional jerk)
Cheryl Tiegs (model/actress)
Patricia Velásquez (model/actress)

I said more about this in the Apprentice Spoilers section, but in summary:

1. He wants death.
2. He wants lots of it.
3. He just might be on track for his own.

"RE: Celebrity Apprentice: trading 'train wreck' for 'Hindenburg'."
Posted by bondt007 on 10-17-11 at 03:11 PM
See, I view this show (like a few others) as junk food. Can't take much of it too often but, once in a while it's just what I need. I'll try it for a while - and most likely throw up if I watch too much.

Posted by Estee on 10-17-11 at 03:17 PM
I just call it NBC's last scripted series with unpaid actors. (Although given the rate at which that network spends money, we could change that number to 'all of them'.) Your description is fairly accurate -- I'm just at the point where I can barely stand the scent of the supposed food, and taking a bite is just about out of the question.

At best, I'd last as long as Penn and Tia did -- but I don't believe either of them is his predetermined chosen one.

Posted by bondt007 on 10-17-11 at 10:32 PM
I remember the first couple of seasons of Survivor. I'd lie awake at night wondering what would happen next, planning strategy in my head... I'd talk with people at work about the cast and the games...

I wonder where the "jump the shark" was with (all of) this stuff? Personally somewhere around when the Mole was canceled and shows like the Bachelor and American Idle were so successful, I started to look around and think my romance was way over.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 10-18-11 at 09:03 AM
I've been writing this Celebrity Survivor fan fiction for the last couple of weeks (yay for novel ideas!). I just saw this list and was really surprised that I have two people common in my cast list and the list above--Tia Carrere and Marco Andretti.

I went to ever-trusty Wikipedia to see who the other people were who were cast in previous seasons and found that I had a number of them in my cast short list: Maria Kanellis (replaced by Kelly Kelly), Herschel Walker (replaced by Winston Justice), and Summer Sanders (replaced by Amanda Weir).

On one hand, I think it's pretty cool that I have people who would have been cast by RTV casting directors. On the other hand, I now think I have a really, really bad cast, seeing that these are people who would have been cast by RTV casting directors.

Posted by KwietOne on 10-20-11 at 04:27 PM
LOSE: The New Girl, Pan Am, Terra Nova, CSI, Biggest Loser, & Suburgatory.

WIN: Sons of Anarchy, Revenge, Nikita & Person of Interest and the rest: The Walking Dead, Amazing Race, Hawaii 5-0, Fringe, NCIS & LA, & Modern Family

TRYING OUT: Once Upon a Time

ON THE BUBBLE: Survivor & South Park

Posted by weltek on 10-20-11 at 05:36 PM
Pan Am and The New Girl are on my Win list.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by kingfish on 10-20-11 at 06:03 PM
So far Suburgatory seems cute enough to return to.

Posted by woeisme1 on 10-20-11 at 07:09 PM
I have been watching it and still kinda enjoy it. It's in a great spot in the Wednesday line-up of funny stuff.

YES, it's an Agman 2011

Woe's world

Posted by MNgirl on 10-28-11 at 00:46 AM
I'm really liking the ABC Wednesday night shows. Hated the Middle the first few episodes last year, but grew to really like it. Now it's actually one of my favorites.

Posted by Tummy on 10-23-11 at 01:34 PM
Talking new shows only:

New Girl , Pan Am and Suburgatory are all on my win.

Revenge is the only one on your Win list as far as new shows that'd I'd agree with.

Looking forward to Once Upon a Time and Grimm

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-23-11 at 03:24 PM
Nikita was a win last season too.

"Once Upon a Time"
Posted by Tummy on 10-24-11 at 09:50 AM
I kind of liked it. If they give it time I think it could do ok, but I won't be surprised it they cancel it early.

"RE: Once Upon a Time"
Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 10-25-11 at 10:28 AM
I finally got a chance to watch and I loved it! Definitely my fave so far this season.

Pan Am is OK. I tolerate Terra Nova (I only get 10 channels and one can only take so much of those Kardashian wh*res)

I finally made 500 posts and it only took me 8 years!

Posted by agman on 10-25-11 at 11:01 AM
Lol,,,congrats on 500

Posted by trigirl on 10-27-11 at 05:25 PM
Robert Carlysle alone is enough to make me watch this show. Not sure how it can sustain itself, but I am intrigued.

Congrats on 500!

"YaY!"
Posted by foonermints on 10-25-11 at 12:11 PM
Terra Nova!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Wait a minute, did you just call us boring?

"RE: YaY!"
Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 10-25-11 at 08:30 PM
lol! No way! RTVW is my happy place.

Posted by byoffer on 11-01-11 at 01:31 PM
I am a sucker for Jennifer Morrison, so have started watching.

Geez, that takes me back to 1992 when I started watching the original Melrose Place because of Courtney Thorne-Smith. I can't believe I am not watching the series Unforgettable, because Poppy Montgomery is certainly crush-worthy.

Posted by trigirl on 11-09-11 at 11:33 AM
Have to say I love the homage to Lost by inserting Hurley's numbers throughout the show.

<sigh> I miss Lost.

"Loving It!"
Posted by bullzeye on 11-09-11 at 11:35 AM
Once Upon A Time is my favorite of all the new shows. Very creative, almost believable. Really enjoying it.

I have watched a couple of Grimm episodes and have enjoyed those as well. Outside of that, not much else in the new category.

"Beavis & Butthead."
Posted by Estee on 10-27-11 at 04:53 PM
There's no shame in admitting you're curious to see the revival.

Admitting sexual attraction to either or both, on the other hand...

"RE: Beavis & Butthead."
Posted by agman on 10-27-11 at 05:27 PM
Beavis and Butthead is great! The show that is(Not the players themselves) so no sexual attraction there!

Posted by Estee on 10-27-11 at 05:34 PM
I admit, I'll probably check out the re-premiere tonight. No matter how you feel about the spuds, they're a part of animation history. Without them, there would arguably be no Adult Swim (and I will entertain arguments that we'd be better off) and definitely no Hank Hill (not so much). Oh, and it'll also just be refreshing to see any degree of animation -- for this series, generally incredibly limited animation -- back on MTV. We're a long way from the days of The Maxx and Clone High, but going even partway back there would get a few not-Jersey and pregnant teenage DAWs off the screen.

So as much as I hate to literally root for the idiots, I'm hoping this catches on for a second time. Anything that gets rid of The Situation a little faster...

"On the record:"
Posted by Estee on 10-28-11 at 05:46 AM
The animation itself is still horrible.

The boys have not changed. (Nor did I expect them to.)

This (censored) could still catch on.

Again.

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-28-11 at 10:38 AM
The second episode was better than the first one.

Posted by agman on 11-04-11 at 06:31 PM
Definitely!......Love that show still.

"Chuck - The Final Season"
Posted by Tummy on 10-28-11 at 09:55 AM
Starts tonight!

I'm excited and sad at the same time.

Posted by Tummy on 10-31-11 at 11:01 AM
Loved Grimm - I'm hoping it's Friday timeslot doesn't kill it. Friday night was good tv for me - Chuck *swoon and then Grimm.

I'm okay with two fairytale shows on.

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-31-11 at 11:21 AM
The pilot episode of "Grimm" is on the TiVo. Based on this recommendation, guess I'll make more of an effort to watch it!

Posted by dabo on 11-01-11 at 11:19 AM
It was a good pilot, I hope it does well. NBC is about 15 years behind the curve here, but it's NBC so okay. Very Buffy the Vampire Slayer concept behind all this, the Grimm legacy dealing with problematic bad wolves and such. The aunt (librarian) passing on the torch to the nephew (who is just discovering his powers). A few potential Scoobies (the girlfriend, the cop partner, the non-practicing recovering bad wolf) and an underground Big Bad for the initial season suggested (oooh, there's a conspiracy!). Derivative but different, an amusing diversion.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-03-11 at 05:15 PM
My verdict: The pilot was good enough for me to set up the TiVo to record the next episode, but not good enough for me to create a season pass.

"The River"
Posted by zombiebaby on 11-03-11 at 02:26 PM
OMG! I just came across this. It's a link to a new show produced by Speilberg and from the director of Paranormal Activity. I hope that does not scare you off!

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=19245

The trailer for it looks amazing. It's a midseason show scheduled on ABC.

I may have to watch it holding Tummy's and Moonie's hands!

"RE: The River"
Posted by Tummy on 11-03-11 at 02:52 PM
Ohhhh - that looks good!

But why do you get to be in the middle!

*passes out popcorn and snuggies for everyone

"Ooo scare my heart!"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-03-11 at 07:00 PM
Looks like Smokey got his spin-off after all

"RE: Ooo scare my heart!"
Posted by dabo on 11-03-11 at 07:45 PM
Yup! ABC is hoping the Lost fans will gather together and get behind this one, and they have a pretty decent cast assembled, so will be worth checking out.

Posted by agman on 11-04-11 at 10:02 AM
I'm not going to hold my breath, but it does look interesting enough to at least check out!

Posted by trigirl on 11-09-11 at 11:30 AM
OMG! That looks sooooo good. How have I not seen any promos for this? When is is on?

Posted by dabo on 11-09-11 at 11:43 AM
It hasn't been put on the schedule yet, may not start airing until next year sometime, January, February..? It's a mid-season replacement, eight episodes in the works for the first season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_River_(U.S._TV_series)

"Feb 7, 2012"
Posted by zombiebaby on 11-18-11 at 08:10 PM
Tuesdays at 9 on ABC!

Posted by Tummy on 01-17-12 at 10:28 AM
Getting excited because I'm seeing previews for it!

created by The Most Magnificent Agman

Posted by dabo on 02-01-12 at 01:35 PM
bump

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-river#linkId-Hashtags-#TheRiver;#TheRiverABC

"Community, Rules Of Engagement pulled."
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 08:50 AM
Not canceled -- at least, not yet for either one -- but removed from the schedule to make way for other things. There's been a lot of protest around Community. (I'm not sure many people knew the other one was still on the air.) Expect a return if when the replacements fail.

"RE: Community, Rules Of Engagement pulled."
Posted by mrc on 11-16-11 at 03:32 PM
I'm not happy about Community being pulled. NBC wouldn't know a good show if it bit it in the . . .

A Slice of Manga

"RE: Community, Rules Of Engagement pulled."
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 03:59 PM
...Whitney? That's the show which has been getting a lot of the flack over this -- as in 'How can you pull that and leave this on?' I haven't seen the thing (only her CBS project, which I enjoy), but many people had a major hate for it before this happened.

"Cancel as soon as possible:"
Posted by Estee on 01-04-12 at 00:55 AM
Work It

I can't even find a plan in that flaw, much less a future Oscar winner on the cast -- but let's be fair: maybe they're all quality if they could just get a script that worked.

By the way, for any ongoing series in which people try to cross the gender line, your show has failed if you cannot find one person on the face of the planet who would sincerely believe (for this example) that they were looking at two females. By that standard, this show? Has failed.

"RE: Cancel as soon as possible:"
Posted by kingfish on 01-04-12 at 09:56 AM
Haven't seen it. Wasn't going to, the hirsute ads and the predictable lines ere enough horror.

"RE: Cancel as soon as possible:"
Posted by Estee on 01-04-12 at 12:29 PM
It was a Cavemen situation. I had to see if it was actually going to be that bad.

"Work It: canceled."
Posted by Estee on 01-22-12 at 08:40 AM
file this one under mercy kill.

"Biggest wins for me"
Posted by Tummy on 01-06-12 at 10:39 AM
for the first half of the season - new shows...

Revenge and Once Upon A Time

now bring back Cougartown!

"RE: Biggest wins for me"
Posted by CTgirl on 01-06-12 at 01:12 PM
For me it's Suburgatory. I taped all of Once Upon A Time except for the first one so I need to watch the premiere online first. I hate missing the first one!

Posted by bondt007 on 01-06-12 at 02:59 PM
I go back to Showtimes "Homeland"... the best show you're not watching!

"Can't watch."
Posted by Estee on 01-06-12 at 10:20 PM
No Showtime. As with Dexter, all I can do is wait for the yearly season release, and that's probably not going to be until August.

Posted by bondt007 on 01-16-12 at 10:42 PM
Like I said - best show you're not, or can't, watch!

2012 Golden Globes:

TV Series, Drama

HOMELAND - winner
American Horror Story
Boardwalk Empire
Boss
Game of Thrones

Actress In A TV Series, Drama

CLAIRE DANES, HOMELAND - winner
Mireille Enos, The Killing
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
Madeleine Stowe, Revenge
Callie Thorne, Necessary Roughness

Posted by Dakota on 01-06-12 at 03:18 PM
I haven't even heard of some of these shows. Perhaps my watching less TV, much less, has gone to the other extreme.

I like Person of Interest. They grabbed one of the Lost people.

Bulls play tonight; that was canceled for the first half of the season, but has been picked up for the second half.

Agman's Christmas Cheer 2011

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-17-12 at 12:08 PM
This has become my favorite new show.

HandTooled by SpotTheDifference

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-06-12 at 03:46 PM
There wasn't much out there this season. I watched a couple of episodes of Terra Nova and gave up on it, and Grimm is mildly entertaining but not must-see TV. The only "new" show this season I've really enjoyed was Beavis and Butt-Head.

Posted by Estee on 01-06-12 at 10:17 PM
I also tried out its animated companion Good Vibes, but...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefugeInAudacity

"The Chew"
Posted by samboohoo on 01-06-12 at 03:22 PM
Just starting watching, and it's a definite win for me. I DVR it in the kitchen, so I'm excited about actually cooking the stuff I see.

Posted by arkiegrl on 01-17-12 at 10:13 AM
Syfy's Lost Girl - watched the first episode last night. I like it, so it's probably horrible to most people.

Posted by tallgirl on 01-17-12 at 02:11 PM
It is on the second season here. I watched for it a while as it is filmed in Toronto. You can see our streetcars etc. in the background shots. I no longer watch it, it 'lost' me at the end of last season.

"Alcatraz."
Posted by Estee on 01-17-12 at 11:40 AM
It took exactly one episode for me to become annoyed with the setting up of questions which will never be answered, a myth arc the writers will ignore three episodes from now, character mysteries destined not be addressed, and too many bloody flashbacks.

I know his style now. Fool me once...

"RE: Alcatraz."
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-17-12 at 12:06 PM
This got annoying. If it lasts long enough, it will either become your basic paint-by-numbers cop show or degenerate into the weird where no audience knows what's going on and doesn't care.

Onward to something else in the same time slot.

HandTooled by SpotTheDifference

Posted by Estee on 01-17-12 at 12:25 PM
Already did -- I switched to the Being Human season premiere at 9 rather than suffer through a second hour of style recycle. (So what does the Mother Of Vampires look like? An annoyed Angelica Houston.) Typical -- I enjoy Ray Wise as an actor, but it feels like every project I see him in is summarily doomed at the opening credits.

Posted by Tummy on 01-17-12 at 12:19 PM
I liked it. But it wasn't "different" enough to suit me.

Posted by foonermints on 01-17-12 at 01:24 PM
Ah well, I gues it's back to Terra Nova.

They did something to me on that saucer 2Patch, I swear they did!
Where did it go btw?

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-17-12 at 09:42 PM
I still need to watch the second half of the premiere episode, but so far it doesn't seem too bad.

Posted by foonermints on 01-17-12 at 10:00 PM
Let's see your 1000 word essay!

I'd post on "Being Human" but that is crazy talk.

Posted by samboohoo on 01-17-12 at 11:54 AM
Extreme Makeover Home Edition is done. Loved that show.

Ty is now on The Revolution. I watched it yesterday. Not sure what I think yet.

"Touch."
Posted by Estee on 01-25-12 at 01:36 PM
"It's not autism! It's a superpower! He has the ability to make Jack Bauer kill anyone he doesn't like!"

"RE: Touch."
Posted by dabo on 01-26-12 at 02:52 PM
Touch is the new Lost/Heroes! It was a pretty good pilot, has potential. But having the kid do narrative VO but be otherwise mute, that needs some more tweaking.

Posted by Tummy on 01-26-12 at 04:03 PM
The most annoying thing? It aired in January and then won't be back until March!

Posted by dabo on 01-26-12 at 05:22 PM
I know! Literally, I just tuned it in because "Oh, this is new, nothing else is on" and as the pilot was wrapping up I was like all "Man, I wish I'd recorded that, that was cool, when's it showing again!" Join us in March... 318 no doubt.

"MIB!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 01-26-12 at 05:24 PM
At first I had this on in the background but after about 5 minutes I was completely sucked in!

In other words this tv show did not feel like work to try and like it. It was good.*

*Stupid that the state wants to take the boy away from a loving parent who is providing for him and then ends up letting the kid elope as well.

MIB!

"RE: MIB!"
Posted by Tummy on 01-27-12 at 10:32 AM
Zombs - what does Men In Black have to do with this?

Posted by qwertypie on 01-26-12 at 07:00 PM
I only saw the previews. I am not sure I can get used to a happy Jack Bauer.

"official site"
Posted by dabo on 01-27-12 at 01:33 AM
http://www.fox.com/touch/

Posted by Tummy on 01-27-12 at 10:31 AM
I wouldn't exactly call his character happy. And his luck with the ladies is still holding strong.

"NBC: Losing."
Posted by Estee on 01-26-12 at 02:40 PM
Fair Use quoting Andy Greenwald at Grantland:

"Now, not only is The Office’s brand damaged, it’s also more valuable than ever to the network: it remains the peacock’s top-rated show among the key 18-49 year-old demographic (things have gotten so ugly that last week’s 10pm airing of The Firm finished in eighth place in the key demo, falling behind such fare as Jersey Shore, a cable rerun of The Big Bang Theory and Rosa de Guadelupe on Univision)."

Wow.

And the article itself is about NBC gearing up to talk themselves into a Work It-level bad decision. How bad? Desperate times call for desperate spin-offs...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/42143/planned-the-office-spinoff-to-give-us-all-the-schrute-we-can-handle

"RE: NBC: Losing."
Posted by bondt007 on 01-26-12 at 03:09 PM
IMO last weeks the Office was so bad it was embarrassing, as they toured California's house and had a party. I don’t know if I’ll be wasting my time with this show anymore.

"For Boo!"
Posted by Tummy on 01-26-12 at 04:07 PM
I'm seeing commercials for Cougar Town!

"RE: For Boo!"
Posted by Estee on 01-26-12 at 05:03 PM
The one favor Work It gave the viewership: its cancellation opened the necessary timeslot.

"RE: For Boo!"
Posted by Tummy on 01-26-12 at 05:15 PM
I seriously have never heard of Work It.

"A scathing review is a joy forever."
Posted by Estee on 01-26-12 at 05:28 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/work-it/season-1/critic-reviews

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-26-12 at 04:30 PM
So when does Chuck get cancelled?

*runs away*

"You fool!"
Posted by Estee on 01-26-12 at 05:05 PM
You have triggered the power of Chuck II: The Intercept! They'll cut you off at the pass. Or the slauson! Or worse, they may cut off your slauson!

Kind of makes me wish I knew what a slauson was.

Posted by Tummy on 01-26-12 at 05:13 PM
You're mean. Just completely mean.

I've saved the last 4 episodes so I can sit down with a Subway and have myself a mini farewell marathon. *sniff

Posted by Karchita on 01-27-12 at 02:19 AM
Swooooooooop!

That felt good.

"Well Well"
Posted by foonermints on 01-27-12 at 03:28 AM
Look who is in "The 200 Club"

"RE: Well Well"
Posted by Karchita on 01-27-12 at 02:42 PM

See how much time you have for more important things when you don't spend time watching tv?

"RE: Well Well"
Posted by agman on 02-01-12 at 02:58 PM
See how much time you have
for more important things when
you don't spend time watching
tv?

Quiet please! I'm trying to watch TV now.

Posted by Tummy on 02-27-12 at 10:25 AM
Very sad that it seems that the rumors are true and Pan Am will not return next year. *sadface

Posted by mrc on 02-27-12 at 10:30 AM
Too bad.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by newsomewayne on 02-27-12 at 10:37 AM
DW and I are disappointed.

She'll miss the story. I'll miss Collette.

Posted by Tummy on 02-27-12 at 01:05 PM
I too thought Collette the most attractive. I'll miss everything.

Posted by weltek on 02-27-12 at 02:20 PM
Collette-Grace and beauty wrapped up in a lovely accent. She and Dean would make lovely babies.

I wondered how long they could keep the storyline going, but I still enjoyed it and will miss it.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

"World Ends 3/22/12"
Posted by dabo on 02-27-12 at 12:45 PM
Debut of Anger Management on FX, March 22.

bang or whimper?

"And they wonder why they're in last place."
Posted by Estee on 05-14-12 at 03:06 PM
As the season draws to a close and the networks announce all renewals, cancellations, and pilot orders, NBC told the press that they have tossed Harry's Law aside.

Which was their highest-rated drama.

And they canceled it anyway.

Because they felt the audience was too old.

"RE: And they wonder why they're in last place."
Posted by Tummy on 05-15-12 at 10:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-12 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

Yay! Because that must mean I'm young as I quit watching it when they changed the practice/show to be like every other lawyer show around.

I'm irritated that GCB and Awake was cancelled.

"RE: And they wonder why they're in last place."
Posted by Estee on 05-15-12 at 11:31 AM
I just find it vaguely amusing that a network which has been able to do basically nothing right for the last few seasons took one of the few things which was sort of working and not only threw it away, but told those viewers they weren't wanted any more. Go ahead and take your ratings point to someone else: we're happy right where we are -- at the bottom of the ocean.

NBC: No Longer Surviving Our Own Suboptimal Decisions Since 2010.

And for the record, GCB was cancelled due to excessive accuracy.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-15-12 at 10:17 AM
GCB canceled. I liked it. Maybe another network will pick it up.

Cougar Town moving to TBS.

Posted by Tummy on 05-15-12 at 10:25 AM
Me too. I can handle Cougartown going to TBS.

I'm surprised The Finder was cancelled, I liked it.

And really, Touch got renewed but Awake didn't? WTH?

Posted by Estee on 05-15-12 at 11:28 AM
I enjoyed The Finder and recommended it to other people. Therefore, this is my fault.

Posted by bondt007 on 05-15-12 at 01:08 PM
I watched the first five Ep's of Touch. The first one was terrific, then I quickly started to ask myself too many questions about how everything just "lined up", to the point where I was just done with it.

I know I should just enjoy it and not worry about the "how", but kind of like Person of Interest.... I just lost... interest... in the numbers, symbles, data, and photos that magically links everything together in the end.

Posted by qwertypie on 05-16-12 at 06:31 PM
Touch is on Mr. Qwerty's must-see TV list. It's OK, I am irritated that when the "Oh just like Rain-man" comments started to die down when people realize Sam has autism , the "does he love numbers like Jake?" questions have started. It is weird getting used to a happy Jack Bauer, the kid playing Jake is pretty good, and Mr. Qwerty and I bet every episode how mnay times Martin walks quickly through New York, at least 5 feet in front of Jake and is shocked when Jake wanders off. *head smack*

And a helpful social worker? Totally unrealistic. Not that I am cynical/bitter at all.

Posted by bondt007 on 05-18-12 at 04:33 PM
I agree - (the actor) Jake plays the part very well. So does the boy that plays Max on Parenthood...

Posted by byoffer on 05-15-12 at 01:18 PM
I am glad that GCB is cancelled, as I didn't need that distraction (and them cancelling is easier than me just not watching!). As I stated somewhere else, I found the characters just too cartoony.

The only redeeming part for me was Leslie Bibb.

"CSI: Miamic cancelled. "
Posted by Estee on 05-16-12 at 03:19 PM
Good --

*removes sunglasses*

-- riddance.

"RE: CSI: Miamic cancelled. "
Posted by qwertypie on 05-16-12 at 06:32 PM
You've cheered up my otherwise crappy day.

"RE: CSI: Miami cancelled. "
Posted by Estee on 05-16-12 at 08:10 PM
Pure good news can do that. Now if we can just get it off A&E, where its presence creates two lies of equal ridiculousness...

Posted by Tummy on 05-23-12 at 12:23 PM
I've already seen a preview that I'm predicting a 1 show run for - Mob Doctor or something like that. In 16 seconds I already know I'm not watching.