URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 369
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"LCS Returns May 22"

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-02-08 at 04:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

Bill Bellamy is back as host. Some folks I never heard of are the talent scouts.

http://www.nbc.com/Last_Comic_Standing/

Let the laughs begin.

Please?

It is impossible to contemplate the fabric of the world without recognizing the admirable order of its arrangement and the certain manifestation of God in the perfection of its correlations. Reason, when once it had considered and admired so much beauty and so much perfection, feels a just indignation at the dauntless folly which dares ascribe all this to chance and happy accident. it must be that the Highest wisdom conceived the plan and Infinite power carried it into execution....The starry sky above me and the moral law within me are two things which fill the soul with ever increasing admiration and reverence. Emmanuel Kant

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Question:"
Posted by vince3 on 05-02-08 at 04:55 PM
What does a mining organization's PDF have to do with Last Comic Standing?

"RE: Question:"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-02-08 at 05:01 PM
What's funnier than mimes?

It is impossible to contemplate the fabric of the world without recognizing the admirable order of its arrangement and the certain manifestation of God in the perfection of its correlations. Reason, when once it had considered and admired so much beauty and so much perfection, feels a just indignation at the dauntless folly which dares ascribe all this to chance and happy accident. it must be that the Highest wisdom conceived the plan and Infinite power carried it into execution....The starry sky above me and the moral law within me are two things which fill the soul with ever increasing admiration and reverence. Emmanuel Kant

"RE: Question:"
Posted by vince3 on 05-02-08 at 05:20 PM
*takes aim at mime*

*pies hir in the face!*

Now that's funny!

"RE: LCS Returns May 22"
Posted by Estee on 05-02-08 at 05:46 PM
Please?

No. The faux drama is much more important than any possible laughs, not to mention the casting demographics. Fie on you and your silly hopes for laughter. Fie, I say.

The scouts are two Office cast members.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-02-08 at 07:08 PM
Don't watch The Office although I have to wonder about casting actors as talent scouts. We need actual TALENT for this show to work.

Posted by Bebo on 05-04-08 at 10:28 PM
Most of the supporting cast on The Office was pulled from the writing staff, so they're used to writing comedic material as much as they are performing it. Angela Kinsey was on Thank God You're Here when that aired, and she's got a standup background.

Posted by Fishercat on 05-05-08 at 08:54 PM
Both of them have pretty impressive comic backgrounds. Oscar and Angela have to play the proverbial straight (wo)man on the show, but they do have backgrounds in comedy beyond acting.

And Oscar Nunez is almost 50? Wow...

Posted by Bebo on 05-04-08 at 10:25 PM
The NBC website reports that in addition to the auditions, Bill Bellamy went to 8 cities to surprise local comics with a free pass to perform at the nearest audition site. I can confirm that one of those cities was Raleigh, NC. On February 5th, Bill Bellamy was at Charlie Goodnight's and picked two of the comics he heard to move on to the semifinals.

One is the owner of the club. I've heard the other one perform twice. For his sake, I hope he's got some new material, because he used almost the identical stuff at both shows, and it was pretty stale.

http://www.newsobserver.com/105/story/938355.html