URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 369
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Were André/Damon speeding through Spain?"

Posted by cmaybur on 10-31-02 at 10:07 PM
I've been re-watching Episode 5, and caught a bit where the camera inside the SUV with André and Damon focused in on the speedometer, showing them driving 120 km/hour. What is this in miles/hour? What is the speed limit on those Spanish highways?

The reason I ask is I found it a little odd that they would bother to show a close-up of the speedometer, but also immediately afterward, we had a clip of John Vito telling Jill to slow down. "We're not in Portugal any more, you can't drive like a race car driver" or something to that effect, implying that there was some rule they had about driving in Spain.

Do you think André/Damon will receive another penalty at the start of the next leg? If they're separated a little from Ken/Gerard and Derek/Drew, that might be able to shake them off the brothers' trail. I really think it will either be André/Damon or John Vito/Jill who gets eliminated next, and the leg will be totally self-contained in Morocco. If André/Damon leave at the same time as Ken/Gerard and Derek/Drew, I can see them leeching onto them again like parasites and finishing in the top tier. If they receive a penalty and leave later, than their cluelessness about navigating and such may just finally do them in.

Chris

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Were André/Damon speeding through Spain?"
Posted by Serendipity on 10-31-02 at 11:34 PM
I think 120 kph equals about 75 mph. If this was either a freeway or toll road they probably weren't speeding.

Posted by Esbea on 11-01-02 at 08:50 AM
120km is the standard speed limit on the highways in Spain. When my mother visited, she about had a heart attack when she saw a sign that reduced the speed to 100...she thought it meant 100MPH!!! Im gonna watch the tape again, just for my own satisfaction, to see if DIESEL ONLY is printed on the instrumentation (since you said they show the panel). If it IS there....it makes the fuel error totally unforgivable!

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

Posted by cmaybur on 11-01-02 at 09:11 AM
I don't know about inside the car, but we know it clearly said DIESEL on the inside of the gas cap door. Interesting that the cameraman knew enough to focus in on that while Zach or Ian was filling up with unleaded.

Also, did anyone wonder when Aaron said something like "she needs a nice tank of unleaded" or something to that effect. Why "unleaded" and not "gas"?

Chris

Posted by Esbea on 11-01-02 at 09:31 AM
I DID see it on the fuel door, but Mr Bea reminded me that it usually says it on the fuel gauge too..Ill check it out and get back to you

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."