URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 367
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Here's the one that MB could really fix."

Posted by finner on 08-18-00 at 10:09 PM
The upcoming immunity challenge is basically a test on how well you know the other Survivor members. It wont matter how smart you are or how good your memory is, if MB decides he wants a certain final four member to advance. With a kazillion hours of footage, he can easily direct questions inwhich he knows only one contestant will know the answer.
An hypothetical example: While Kelly was hanging with Colleen and Jenna, Colleen talks about her X-boyfriend Bubba.
Jeff asks, "OK survivors, give me the name of Colleen's X-boyfriend. And, of course, Kelly is the only one that knows, and MB knows this because he's got footage of this.
I'm sure it wont be this obvious, but MB can surely choose who he wants to advance by asking certain questions.
Any thoughts?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Here's the one that MB could really fix."
Posted by flash_forward_forever on 08-18-00 at 10:33 PM
That's true. I never thought of that.

Posted by lswote on 08-18-00 at 10:55 PM
I think the questions will be a little more mainstream than asking the name of Colleen's ex-boyfriend. I think the game has to have the semblence of fairness. Just questions like what was Sonja's last name or where is Gervase from or how many kids does Jenna have are general enough that everone had the opportunity to learn the information. But as Rudy showed, some people listen better than others.

-- Rat -- The other white meat --

Posted by qwkslvr on 08-19-00 at 00:03 AM
>I'm sure it won't be this obvious, but MB can surely choose who he wants to advance by asking certain questions.<

This is what I'm afraid of too.
I and others felt like the questions in the Q/A challenge that Sean won gave anyone with a medical background an advantage.