URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3660
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"EPISODE 8 TITLE"

Posted by VerucaSalt on 03-19-03 at 12:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-03 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

Survivor: The Amazon
Sleeping with the Enemy
60 min.
An eighth person is ousted. Jeff Probst is the host.

Note from Scott: I notice that we have the "ousted" terminology. Last time this was replaced with "voted off" when the final listing was posted (which was
after publication).

(I guess if they didn't want to do old challenges, they chose to use old titles)

So we have either merger or live together/non merger as a reasonable assumption for now OR if MB is completely trying to screw with everyone it is a complete herring and the "enemy" is one person in their own tribe and they don't know it aka if Shawna stays, she is sleeping with an enemy who booted Alex or something to that effect.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: EPISODE 8 TITLE"
Posted by bebekid on 03-19-03 at 12:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-03 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

Veruca, what is the exact origin of this episode title?

This is the episode title of episode 8 of Thailand. I find it odd that MB would do this. We know that the tribes were living together and not merged, and this would, IMHO, give away way too much.

Edited to say that I see that both Snewser and Survivor Fever are reporting this. I still find this curious.

Posted by wendyp on 03-19-03 at 12:28 PM
I was going to post the same thing. But keep in mind the regular nonspoiling audience would not remember the titles. And that JP has commented several times that these survivors did not see the fake merger. This leads me to believe that they will merge but still be seperate tribes like last season.

Posted by forehead on 03-19-03 at 12:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-03 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

>But keep in mind the regular nonspoiling audience would not remember the titles.

Yes. Moreover, the regular nonspoiling audience oftentimes aren't even aware of titles. Mrs. forehead and I have been watching all survivor episodes, yet Mrs. forehead found out just a few weeks ago that there are episode titles. And the only reason she found out was that I mentioned a title after we watched the episode when I was explaining my spoiler logic.

Edited to add: this "ep8 title repeat" strongly suggests to me that cohabitation is introduced in ep7 (the amazon batch is not aware of what happened in Thailand), and the non-spoiling audience that even reads these titles will read just before ep8 airs that the original tribes now have to continue to cohabitate.

forehead

Posted by Krautboy on 03-19-03 at 01:22 PM
We have speculated the move to the "Forest of Life" cohabitation/merge site takes place during EP7. That speculation looks good, given the EP8 title describing the aftermath.

In addition, the mystery boxes are probably used to inform the tribes of the move and include maps and instructions to move...but without mentioning "merge" or providing new buffs, trying to repeat the ShiAnn-like surprise we saw during S5 (of which the S6 contestants are not aware).

Krautboy

Posted by bebekid on 03-19-03 at 01:31 PM
>trying to
>repeat the ShiAnn-like surprise we
>saw during S5 (of which
>the S6 contestants are not
>aware).

Trying to repeat is correct. We must remember the difference. In S5, the original tribes stayed together until the co-habitation. Shii-Ann was desperate for an alliance.

With the forced mix-up of S6, we will have a different dynamic. I'm not saying there won't be some that are surprised and possibly burned by the "Assumption", just that it won't be the same as S5.

I'm still wondering why MB would use the same title two seasons in a row.

Posted by Loree on 03-19-03 at 12:51 PM
Last season the fact that nobody took the bait to swap hurt the show. MB was just lucky that ShiiAnn still wanted to bolt to the other side when they thought they were merged. Everyone else was staying loyal to their tribes. But this time if they think they are merged there will be alot of cross alliances with the new tribes and old same sex alliances. And then when the fact they haven't merged is revealed it will really hurt those that no longer thought they needed their new tribemates. I could see this hurting Heidi if she wants to bolt back to the females from her deal with Dave and the guys. It will be much more fun to see the looks on their faces.

Posted by Q on 03-19-03 at 02:33 PM
Totally agree Loree. I was going to post similar thought, but then read your post.

They will co-habitate thinking they merged, Heide, for example (not a prediction) may go back to Jenna, etc. only to find out she is going to be voted on by the New Tambaqui, not the whole group.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Posted by justme99 on 03-19-03 at 12:34 PM
What if... they switched again briefly by having all of the remaining men on Tambaqui go to Jaburu and have the ones that were switched in E5 go back to their original Tambaqui camp with the Jaburu women that were switched over there. This would really mix things up.

"My take"
Posted by Kermit the Vixen on 03-19-03 at 12:54 PM
Is it too unreasonable to think this is merely a reference to the blossoming relationship between Alex and Shawna? I think it's entirely possible that both the men and the women would want to stay united on old tribal alliances and see their behavior as flirting with "the enemy" (boys view Alex as flirting/sleeping with the enemy, girls see Shawna in the same light)

That's just what I thought of as soon as I saw it.

Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

Posted by Brownroach on 03-19-03 at 01:01 PM
Woo-hoo! I've been veritably convinced that MB is going to do a fake merge again in S6. I really hope this isn't a trick -- the episode titles have been pretty uncomplicated so far.

Posted by big idiot on 03-19-03 at 01:14 PM
A good joke is worth hearing (or seeing) twice. So I see this as further confirmation of not only the Ep 7 fake merge followed by a later real merge, but confirmation to tune in and watch Jackassapalooza.

It is all about the ratings.

BI

"Some ideas"
Posted by Bebo on 03-19-03 at 02:04 PM
Heidi was the first person I thought of, since she made a deal with the guys to make it to the merge and return to the Boobie Alliance.

Or it could be a hint to Dave's outster. He said that his strategy included the men getting back together after a merge. However, he finds that the folks he was relying on are now, in fact, "sleeping with the enemy". Even though he presented a pecking order to Heidi that meant Christy's ouster before Heidi's, Butch and Roger have allied with Christy and are not going to just go along with his plans. And since we expect Alex to get booted by then, Dave will realize that Matt and/or Rob had something to do with it (or he might be able to get firm confirmation).

Or it could be both of them. If there's a fake merge, and Tambaqui goes back to TC, Heidi could try and save her own skin by going to Roger and Butch and offering to vote for Dave. If she suspects that they'd rather keep Christy than her, Heidi could sacrifice Dave to save herself.

A Bebodacious American

"RE: Some ideas"
Posted by VerucaSalt on 03-19-03 at 02:40 PM
Funny enough this is probably one cast who doesn't need a fake merger or option to switch. I say get em all together now and watch the poop fly.

"RE: Some ideas"
Posted by DRONES on 03-20-03 at 06:42 AM
Agreed. I've been anticapting these groups getting together for awhile now. They'll turn on each other like a piranahha when one of their own gets wounded.

Posted by Kokoro on 03-19-03 at 03:54 PM
The only problem I have with a "fake-merge" is that MB's explicit purpose this season is to keep both men and women around for the endgame. And at this point, the women would be screwed over by a fake merge. Although, that situation could change entirely with tonight's episode, so we'll see.

Posted by Brownroach on 03-19-03 at 04:43 PM
If Shawna goes tonight, as Snewser says, the women would appear to be just as screwed over by a real merge, being outnumbered 6-4.

"New Blurb"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-24-03 at 04:22 PM
One player worries that members of the opposite sex are using their charms to manipulate other castaways and warns a fellow tribe member to be careful

Sounds a bit like one of the Tam's is concerned that the men are now 5-4 against the women, and is making sure that all of the men are on the same page for the next TC.

tribephyl

"RE: New Blurb"
Posted by VerucaSalt on 03-24-03 at 05:11 PM
Tribe agree with your statement, just to play devil's advocate; interesting they make sure the sex isn't mentioned. Turn it around and wonder if Deena wants to make sure they are all on same page cuz perhaps Dave casanova sweet talker is making Jenna all gooey eyed, does Deena warn Jenna to remember what they are playing for?

Posted by Brownroach on 03-24-03 at 05:34 PM
Sounds good either way, Veruca and Tribephyl. The most probable alarmists are Deena or Roger, imo.

Posted by Krautboy on 03-24-03 at 05:50 PM
Wow, doze off for a minute and all the spoiling is done!

Have to agree with the three ee's... Vee, Tee, and Bee (Verucasalt, Tribephyl, and Brownroach)

Krautboy

Posted by bebekid on 03-24-03 at 06:43 PM
I agree that it could either be Roger or Deena as the alarmists.

BUT, in light of the episode 7 IC where we all know the women will manipulate (some of) the men, I would have to say that it is Roger giving the warning. Perfect set-up for Roger's boot in episode 8: Rob gets sick of Roger telling him not to ogle the girls, and out he goes. Actually, I don't think they need any additional reason to boot Roger. I agree that the likely scenario is that Roger is the intended episode 7 boot, but he wins IC, so he goes episode 8.

And there you have Jiffy's comment of it all of a sudden being 4 to 4.

Posted by forehead on 03-24-03 at 10:27 PM
Look at that: 5 of my favorite posters in a row Cannot resist - whomever is writing SOTS, get this sequence of 5!

Too busy at work - yet still reading the best spoiling. Concur that our focus will shift to Roger & Deena.

forehead

Posted by djandy on 03-24-03 at 11:25 PM
Here's another possibility. How about Dave warning Rob not to be influenced by the girls? I can see him trying to rally the men together.

Posted by VerucaSalt on 03-25-03 at 05:42 PM
LOL to last buncha posting there.

Posted by munson on 03-28-03 at 09:39 PM
OK. The preview for the episode explained the title pretty well. Rob, commenting on Dave and Heidi's budding relationship, is worried that she is "Sleeping with the Enemy".

So I'm a bit confused. To Rob, isn't Heidi supposed to be the enemy, too? Didn't we see NewJab, which doesn't include Heidi, make a F5 pact before heading off to the merge?

Why is Rob freaked about Heidi and Dave? If, by some chance, Dave was to recruit Heidi to join Butch and himself, how is Rob threatened? Say they somehow get Christie, too. The best this group can do is 5-4.

What am I missing?

Posted by curveball on 03-28-03 at 10:34 PM
good point munson. Maybe he's refering to his new "alliance" of 7. But his true "alliance" as we've been shown should be Deena and Jenna. I suspect he thinks (and wants) everyone to be on the same page - which is "Dave goes next". Plus he hates Dave and is probably jealous.

-cb

ps. after watching the ep again it seems like Rob got a lot of face time, and ALL OF A SUDDEN became hilarious. Maybe he's going sooner then he thinks...or maybe it's just me...

Posted by munson on 03-29-03 at 11:19 AM
Here's a thought...

The Quote:

JP: And Heidi and Dave get in touch with each other.
Rob: I don't like the fact that somebody in my alliance is sleeping with the enemy.

What if the "somebody in my alliance" is Dave and the "enemy" is Heidi? Wouldn't that be a fun little twist?

OK, no way possible but you can't take anything for granted. After all, Rob's gotta realize that a manboy isn't safe in the realm of Queen Deena, and Dave could be mighty useful in any attempted coup.

I better stop before I start talking myself into things....

Posted by Loree on 03-29-03 at 02:05 PM
Deena has told Rob that she has Jenna and Heidi. So Rob considers Heidi in his alliance. Plus Rob has some crazy idea too that maybe he could be final 3 with Jenna and Heidi and live his dream.

Rob is also jealous because we know he was dreaming about Heidi at first. And he also might be worried that wherever Heidi goes, Jenna will follow. All of a sudden his alliance could be shrinking. If Jenna and Heidi prefer Dave to Rob they could replace Rob in the alliance. They do out-number Deena.