URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 366
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Apprentice #5 Episode #10 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 06:13 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until the West Coast arises as a single unit and screams 'Why can't American Idol be on three times a week!' Because the last time we were this collectively bored with the show, Donald had to get us back by firing four contestants in one shot -- and while it worked, it's the sort of thing you can only do once. Right now, if he wants our attention again, he's going to have to step it up to something approaching a public stoning, and that might not even work because it's really the editing's job. But he needs to do something. Fire. Flood. Competent contestants. Otherwise, there's one surefire, unavoidable stunt staring him in the hair, and it requires a motorcycle.

Well, that plus a shark.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Open season on Donald."
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 06:35 PM
Tonight's summary, along with the remainder of the season's episodes, are available if anyone wants them.

I think I just found the delivery in my flaw.

"RE: Open season on Donald."
Posted by KObrien_fan on 05-01-06 at 07:44 PM
I'll do the one for tonights episode.

"RE: Open season on Donald."
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 07:58 PM
As KathFan takes the first bullet of the night.

(I'm guessing Roxanne will take the second.)

"RE: Apprentice #5 Episode #10 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by volsfan on 05-01-06 at 08:53 PM
This thing isn't over with yet?

Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 08:54 PM
Was that the subtle sound of Vols volunteering for Episode #11?

Posted by volsfan on 05-01-06 at 09:20 PM
Not really. I am in the middle of solo summarizing The Real World Key West...wanna swap a week?

"Previously:"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 08:53 PM
It's Andrea's fault! Everything's Andrea's fault! Especially the decline in the ratings! Now that Andrea's gone, everything will be fine!

Nice theory.

Certain People are offended by Sean's defense of Andrea. It's not his fault. Why would he want a smaller harem?

Allie isn't working with a strategy. She feels Sean is working a strategy, and that strategy is defending himself. Sean feels the women will be targeting him now. Sean would like to be feeling the women. Sean probably isn't getting the group cuddle tonight, because Allie feels Sean sold her out. Actual retail value: $1.37.

I nearly put 'Shane' in six times.

"Oh crap!"
Posted by ARnutz on 05-01-06 at 08:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-06 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

I just realized who Allie reminds me of...

She's one of those claymation things! The one who eventually marries Kris Kringle!

*off to find a pic*

ETA: Here we go!

"RE: Oh crap!"
Posted by volsfan on 05-01-06 at 09:20 PM
LMAO! Good catch Nutz!

*smooch*

Posted by Loree on 05-01-06 at 08:58 PM
Oh Boy, we get to talk about Donald's hair again. I just wish someone would cut his hair shorter. He has the ugliest hairstyle.

"Segment #1"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:06 PM
For the record, I don't even know why I'm doing this.

Migawd, Donald actually says 'Fifteen-week job interview' while the camera is directly on him!

Tonight's shill is for Hair Cuttery, or something like that. Two new salons on Long Island, both having their Grand Opening, whoever makes the most money wins. Donald uses this chance to prove his hair is real, for a given value of 'real'. Charmaine is asked to run her hands through it. Charmaine loses three fingers.

Tammy is PM for Synergy, because Jersey girls know hair. Sean works diligently, knowing he's got a target on his back.

Charmaine is PM for Gold Rush because -- well, because she's the only female left. She wants a theme of 'Grand Opening'. Tarek wants a theme of a theme. Tarek has no idea what that theme should be because this Mensa member can't think of something in five minutes or ten episodes, but he really wants one. After a little back-and-forth in which each tries to set the other up with Boardroom material, Michael proposes 'Making You Happy'. This makes them happy, or at least quiet.

Tarek's laptop is out of power. This may be a metaphor.

"RE: Segment #1"
Posted by abettercandidate on 05-01-06 at 09:39 PM
"making you happy" is a lame theme. what about "get cool"? that would hit two points...get a new haircut and look cool and cut your hair to keep your head from getting hot. can't these candidates think on their feet?

"Unca Donald's Lesson Of The Week."
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:09 PM
Watch Your Back, because everyone is competition.

Gee, Martha, bet you didn't know that one.

"Segment #2"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:14 PM
Sean and Tammy are passing out flyers! Is there a surer sign of task doom? Doom makes people hungry, so they have lunch together while Allie and Roxanne plot. Sean finds Tammy very attractive in a potentially romantic way. Sean finds every female on Earth attractive in a potentially romantic way, although some of them have to come of age first. Sean's very moral.

Charmaine wants Gold Rush to pull an all-nighter, getting the store set up for the next morning. How well can three guys set up a salon? Don't ask. The males would rather be using the time for marketing (flyers) because people are still up. (Well, the males minus Michael, who's micrometering the product placement. Or the placement of the product.) Charmaine doesn't think she's being treated like a PM. Lee is vaguely amused that he's taking orders from a woman. We can probably guess that Lee has no sisters.

After this short commercial break, we'll return to thrilling scenes of haircuttery.

Posted by Loree on 05-01-06 at 09:15 PM
Charmaine seems a little obsessed with her neat shelves. Do they really need all 4 of them working on this?

Sean is busy talking about making babies. Did we miss something? What does this have to do with Donald's hair?

"Lee's Out Of Time"
Posted by tinkerer on 05-01-06 at 09:20 PM
Lee, aren't you a little young to make a comment about how unusual it is for three guys to take orders from a woman?

It isn't 1970, Lee.

"RE: Lee's Out Of Time"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:29 PM
If Lee's Orthodox, this isn't exactly a surprise. Woman are not equal citizens in that branch of the religion.

Or any branch of pretty much every religion...

Posted by janda3 on 05-01-06 at 09:32 PM
NOT TRUE!! (I won't go into that now!)

Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-06 AT 09:39 PM (EST)

*silently points at divided congregation*

And yes, that's not every temple. Point about pretty much every religion on the planet working against females stands.

ETA: And any time a religion's guidelines include 'Women are not permitted/allowed to do' followed by anything which the men are allowed to do, the religion does not give women equal treatment.

"Segment #3"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:26 PM
It's the next day, and it's time for the Grand Openings!

Oh, gawd... Gold Rush is putting flyers on car windshields (Lee and Tarek) while Michael and Charmaine are working the parking lot. Charmaine targets a bald customer. Oooh, marketing... Lee wants to speak to someone in person, but there's no one on the streets: just cars. Charmaine notices that she's getting no one in the salon and asks for an update on Team Flyers. Tarek tells Lee to lie and say they're doing great. Lee complies. Charmaine responds to all this stress by getting her hair done. Bill quizes Charmaine on the previous night, which breaks down to 'arranging shelves is more important than arranging customers'. Isn't foreshadowing fun?

Allie and Roxanne are pushing product like there's no tomorrow, because a haircut can take up to seventeen hours, but product sales are quick! Sean and Tammy just snuggle in the parking lot. Tammy feels she's a good leader because her team didn't self-destruct. Isn't long-term foreshadowing boring?

Post-task meeting. Charmaine mentions a lack of foot traffic. Well, yeah... anyone want to make a drive-thru salon? (I just patented that. Pay me.) Tarek feels Charmaine was an average PM. Oh, really.

Synergy: About a thousand dollars, a lot of it from hair product.

Gold Rush: About $700.

Well, there goes that foreshadowing again... Reward: meet a music composer whose name I would just spell wrong and write a song with him. The contestants apparently co-own the rights to that song. First time in show history for that one. Gee, what a familiar-sounding Reward. Anyone seen the Rubble Man? Gold Rush will report to the Boardroom. This is probably Tarek (Mensa!) versus Charmaine (Mesa!).

"RE: Segment #3"
Posted by tinkerer on 05-01-06 at 09:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-06 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

You don't know Burt Bacharach? Not my style of music, but sheesh, even I know how huge he used to be.

At this posting-9:42 PM EDT-I think it will be Michael to go. He's quiet, doesn't defend himself, and what did he really do except assist Charmaine in some trivial tasks?

"RE: Segment #3"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:35 PM
You don't know Burt Bacharach?

I can't spell it.

"Segment #4"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:34 PM
Can we break the post count for Thursday's Survivor?

At the Reward -- oh, whatever. Piano music plays. Isn't that nice piano music? Who is this guy? Bert Something. Baccarat? Let's tear the sheet music into tiny little pieces!

Allie, discussing the intra-team fighting. 'I wish we had love! Like the world needs now!'

Let's not discuss the actual song. Please? (Simon, get your British rear in here!)

Back in the suite, Charmaine hopes Lee won't completely throw her under the bus. What does this mean? Which body part did she want beneath the wheels? Headfirst for preference. Lee wishes Charmaine luck, then goes over firing material with Tarek. It's bus-throwing time (or something), and the focus points will be lack of product selling and obsessive micromanagement on the store setup. Lee, however, is getting sick of playing as part of a team to get rid of people, and wants to focus on protecting himself. And how can he do this? By dumping Charmaine!

Life is just so convenient sometimes.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-01-06 at 09:37 PM
Donald should fire the whole lot of these maroons!

Sheesh!

Posted by Loree on 05-01-06 at 09:47 PM
If Donald doesn't fire Lee then I think he deserves him. Lee does nothing. But he rambles in the boardroom.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-01-06 at 09:49 PM
As they said, he's a good politician!

Gee, he is really good at rederick (sp?), huh?

Posted by ARnutz on 05-01-06 at 09:47 PM
Woo hoo! Both Charmaine & Tarek were fired!

...and in a rare moment, I actually agree with Donald's decision this time!

LOL!!! They did not say a word in tha cab!!!

"Another Great Taxi Cab Moment!"
Posted by volsfan on 05-01-06 at 09:48 PM
That was better than the entire show!

"Boardroom."
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 09:48 PM
Looks like this one's going to be short and sweet: there just isn't much time left in the episode.

Charmaine admits that their problem was a lack of product sales, but none of that was her fault. Donald tries to get Charmaine to admit fault, but it's not gonna happen. Bill points out that Charmaine's central focus seemed to be having her hair done. No one comments on Charmaine's hair.

Michael feels Tarek should be fired because he's a disruption to the team. Donald sounds thankful for the excuse.

Tarek undercuts Charmaine for leading by consensus, after he was the one who broke into her original plan to lead by leading... Charmaine tells Tarek she's not sensitive. Loudly. Charmaine wants everyone to love each other. It's a pity she isn't with Sean's harem. Carolyn doesn't care about anyone being friends. This is the opposite of last week's Team Chemistry lesson, but let's ignore that for now. Lee isn't on the all-out attack this week, but admits he'd fire Charmaine in terms of this task. Everyone starts pulling out the 'Lee as politician' bit again.

Much Tarek/Charmaine mutal vocal cutoffs follow.

Donald's gonna fire someone without a cutdown: too little time left... and there's the wrapup starting. Donald thinks Charmaine made mistakes, but a lot of that was inability to control Tarek (who gets Mensa-bashed again), so Charmaine's fired. But -- not so fast, Tarek, because while he's a decent leader at times, he doesn't know how to be led, and frankly, Donald's been looking for any excuse for a while now, so -- Tarek, you're fired.

Donald thinks it'll be an interesting cab ride, with Tarek and Charmaine fighting all the way home. Of course, if this was a movie, it would turn into a makeout session just before the closing credits... But the actual taxi has total silence, with neither former contestant willing to look at the other.

Next week: the teams get evened out again, and -- Rutgers football! Geez. Get in one bowl game, and see what you wind up with? DAWs.

"For what it's worth --"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-06 at 10:01 PM
-- we beat EPMB's other show for post count. Whee. This series is on the comeback trail now. Come back to the edge of the cliff, Donald. Come back... good. Now jump.

"MVP Michael?"
Posted by tinkerer on 05-01-06 at 10:38 PM

Excuse me, but why is Trump acting like Michael, or all people, is somebody to turn to about who is valuable?

The guy stays virtually invisible for several weeks, wins one task raggedly because the judges thought they knew what a kid's room should be more than the kids, goes over to Gold Rush, and does nothing for several tasks.

Naturally, Trump turns to him as the place to get advice.

So Trump gets rid of two people who might not be perfect, but most of the time are in there putting out effort.

To the people who are sick of Charmaine and Tarek: maybe the reason you are sick of them is that they are usually there doing something in each task. Maybe not always the right thing, but at least something. Of course nobody is sick of Michael-he doesn't do anything.

"Michael "
Posted by tinkerer on 05-01-06 at 11:18 PM
Know what is frightening? If Michael wins a task next week, he goes to 2-0 and is a strong candidate for winning it all.

If it happens, what a miscarriage of justice.

"RE: Michael "
Posted by StarvingButStrong on 05-02-06 at 11:02 AM
There is ZERO chance of Michael winning. Didn't you see him the week he was PM? The guy kept his entire team debating for nine hours over what colors to use. And then, when faced with merely choosing between three samples at the store, does he decide? Hell, no, he has to call the rest of the team -- nine hours certainly wasn't long enough to chew over all the shades in the rainbow.

And even after they have the paint, he was unable to decide which color to paint what. In the end, Andrea stepped in and made the decision for him.

I'm sorry. Management is all about making choices. If this guy can't handle paint swatches, there is NO WAY Trump will hire him.

Unless Roxanne's head starts spinning in circles and pea soup gushes out of her mouth in the next few weeks, she will win. She's not made a single mistake so far, and has the demographic edge, too, since we haven't had a female minority winner yet.

"RE: Michael "
Posted by ARnutz on 05-02-06 at 12:13 PM
I agree with your choice of Roxanne as the strongest candidate so far. Unless she messes up in the next few weeks...

I feel it will definitely be another woman to win this season and of those left, Roxanne is the best.

"RE: MVP Michael?"
Posted by Loree on 05-03-06 at 10:20 AM
I agree. The last week when Lee was PM they won. But it was Tarek and Charmaine that did all the work. Now this week they both get sent home. Lee and Michael do nothing. I would love it if Trump didn't even up the teams next week and made those 2 do a task themselves. It would certainly be funny to watch them try. Of course they will be saved from that fate and the teams will be evened up. But they don't deserve it. They have both played under the radar.

Posted by crs3192 on 05-06-06 at 12:19 PM
Does anybody else find that Michael is a lot like Leslie? He may do a few good things and a few bad things but he is barely brought into the boardroom and he flies way under the radar. LESLIE! LESLIE! LESLIE! Michael has no use in this competition. I barely remember he's there most of the time.

Posted by janda3 on 05-07-06 at 08:22 AM
Does anyone remember a meek little girl by the name of KENDRA? She also never spoke & did very little to be remembered. But once she got the PR/Marketing part, she flew. She was never sent into the BR (like Michael)& she chose to be last as PR. No one expected her of all people to be the ultimate winner. Oh, yeah, she also had a major conflict with one of the players (the guy who had the shoe shine business). I'm not a Michael fan, but let's not underestimate him.