URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 364
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Apprentice #5 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 02:09 PM
Please confine all discussion of tonight's episode to this thread until the West Coast decides if anyone there still cares. Powers know the East Coast has pretty much stopped completely. (We've had a week off. Does anyone remember where we were? Why we were? If?) Let's see if anyone actually shows up. This does not include me because I'm still under contract, although this may be the last week. It also doesn't include Donald, because he's being paid for this. And it probably doesn't include Tarek, because even if he does show up, no one's going to give him any credit for it. He doesn't really belong in Mensa, y'know. Next contestant?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Apprentice #5 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-06 at 08:34 PM
I am not a member of Mensa but I guess I will be one of a few watching tonight.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 08:52 PM
Somehow, I think being a member of Mensa is not a requirement for watching this slowly sinking ship.

Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 08:54 PM
Now available on eBay: Boardroom seat featuring Lee's permanently-embossed butt imprint.

Or you could just bid on Charmaine's frozen expression of mixed horror and disgust. Your choice.

"Tell Donald who you want fired and win money!"
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 08:55 PM
'Donald' does not appear on the option list.

"RE: Tell Donald who you want fired and win money!"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 08:57 PM
What's the over/under on how many anti-semetic thresds are started tonight/tomorrow if Lee is fired?

"Omigawd!"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 08:56 PM
The viewing audience has a chance to help Domald choose who to fire tonight. Start texting now! You could win! *rolls eyes*

"RE: Omigawd!"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-06 at 09:00 PM
I am texting as I type! NOT!

Who misses the bus tonight? Literally...

{{{HIGS NUTZ}}}
Someone has mail!

"RE: Omigawd!"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 09:07 PM
*runs to check*

Hi Vols!

Mr. Nutz said I should vote for that condescending bee-yotch! I said, I'm not paying for text messages for this!!!

"Extreme Nepotism: Donald Edition!"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 08:59 PM
Donald Jr. & Ivanka will be the eyes and ears on this task!

"RE: Extreme Nepotism: Donald Edition!"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-06 at 09:00 PM
Donald Jr = HUGE tool!

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 09:07 PM
Oh??? How do you know? Has he been in Playgirl?

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-06 at 09:13 PM
LMAO! I would not want to see it!

GO.HOME.ANDREA!

Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:16 PM
Donald Jr. actually has his father's hair...

Posted by Loree on 04-25-06 at 02:02 PM
>Donald Jr. actually has his father's
>hair...
>

OH the Horror!!!

"The task is --"
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:08 PM
Charity task! Create LE booklet for Ellis Island in one day, sell the next day, larger sales total wins, all proceeds to the island/statue restoration foundation. Lee is PM for his minicorp,sends Michael and Tarek to the island to get shots while he and Charmaine phone-work the hotels to try and get a bulk order. Synergy. Allie heads up the other group, Andrea tries to undercut her immediately, entire team goes to the island, Tammy takes lotsa notes and leaves them behind. Allie and Tammy rush back to get the notebook. The ferry leaves without them.

"Unca Donald's Lesson Of The Week."
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:09 PM
'All in the family.'

Just like his executive structure.

"Can Andrea please go home now?"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-06 at 09:13 PM
that is all...

"RE: Can Andrea please go home now?"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 09:16 PM
The fine print said:

You can vote for free at http://www.nbc.com/The_Apprentice_5/playwin/index.shtml#main

"Early bird, etc"
Posted by tinkerer on 04-24-06 at 09:27 PM
Synergy needs an alarm clark!

This might well be the second task Lee wins as Project Manager simply by getting to the best place to sell earlier than the other team.

Remember the Gilette razor task? Lee go ththere well over an hour before them, and won big.

All this education, and Synergy can't grasp simple ideas like getting there early.

"Segment #2."
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:15 PM
As it turns out, Lee can act, but he can't direct: he's got no creative vision for the brochure, and Tarek is taking the graphic design helm. Ivanka, who's doing the spying, feels Lee may have made a critical mistake.

Andrea, who no longer has a PM to indirectly undercut, settles for completely taking over until Allie and Tammy return from Ellis Island. We get to see more of Andrea's graphics skills, which might also be seen in (insert name of completely horrific noclip game here). Allie returns and finds she has A. a mess and B. a one-woman mutiny. Allie attempts to get control back. Andrea attempts to stockpile Boardroom material.

"RE: Segment #2."
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 09:17 PM
This is the second time Andrea has messed up the graphics!

Last time it was the horrible cereal box.

"Andrea's memorable defense."
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 10:07 PM
Her actual skill is in hiring world-class graphic designers.

I think I've heard this defense before. It's known as the 'My boyfriend is a producer' shield. It hasn't blocked anything yet.

"RE: Andrea's memorable defense."
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 10:12 PM
Aha! *whacks forehead*

Why didn't she say that to her team... during the last 4 tasks? *boggle*

Please don't mention that producers girlfriend, tyvm. ...and fer gawsh sakes, DO NOT bring out the BTA siggie! *shudder*

"RE: Andrea's memorable defense."
Posted by Estee on 04-25-06 at 04:23 PM
Mention who by bringing out the what now?

"RE: Segment #2."
Posted by Loree on 04-25-06 at 02:06 PM
>As it turns out, Lee can
>act, but he can't direct:
> he's got no creative
>vision for the brochure, and
>Tarek is taking the graphic
>design helm. Ivanka, who's
>doing the spying, feels Lee
>may have made a critical
>mistake.

As usual Lee himself is not doing much. He is letting everyone else do the work and then he will take all the credit. But without Tarek and Charmaine he would not have succeeded. They did the work.

"All you texters..."
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 09:24 PM
Vote letter E!!!

Please???

Andrea (the liar & the man) needs to get a nice cab ride!

"Segment #3"
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:25 PM
Gold Rush gets up early and stakes out Battery Park, targeting the people waiting in line for the ferry to Ellis Island: $3 per program and two for five dollars. This gives them a captive audience who's interested in the product plus a jump start and one of Charmaine's cold calls rings her back for a purchase. Synergy, finding the best territory taken, is forced to the island itself, where all their customers have already bought Gold Rush brochures and Andrea really and truly svcks at low-unit selling. Andrea asks to move to bulk sales at the exact moment it would be too late. Allie plans to put a lot of blame on Andrea.

"The conspirator gets conspired Against"
Posted by tinkerer on 04-24-06 at 09:37 PM
Now Andrea has most of the team against her. Will Tammy help her? Andrea got rid of Michael to keep Tammy. On the other hand, considering she lost the notes for the brochure and got stuck on the island, maybe she figures she better shut up and stay out of the line of fire!

The boardroom is coming up....

"Segment #4"
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:36 PM
Gee, wonder who won. Allie doesn't have many doubts: she pretty much feels they lost coming into the review, says so openly -- remember the last time that happened? -- and starts placing the blame for poor sales on Andrea. As it turns out, it wasn't a great day for either team: about $850 for Synergy to $1500 for Gold Rush -- but that's all it takes for Gold Rush to win. Reward: golf with Donald and Vijay Singh at Trump National, plus a set of professional clubs each. Whee?

Andrea, seeing everyone else as be-yotches, double-checks her sales total and claims about $210 of the total proceeds were from her effort. This obviously means she's a great salesperson and everyone else was conspiring against her. Obviously. Really. Would she be anger-eating if it wasn't true?

"The Reward"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 09:37 PM
...is golfing with Vijay Singh. Donald joins Charmaine, Lee, Tarek & Michael. They each get a set of Vijay Singh golf clubs.

"*pops cork on champagne*"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 09:47 PM
Andrea (the liar & the man) is FIRED!!!

Woo hoo! *does happy dance*

"RE: *pops cork on champagne*"
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:56 PM
Oh, for -- Andrea is a woman. From the right angle, she's actually an attractive woman. And then she opens her mouth, but that's another issue.

By the way, Sean still can't talk in a high-pressure setting. I'm convinced this is what's going to get him fired: he won't be able to defend himself in the Boardroom without the telltale stammer.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 09:59 PM
Andrea is a woman.

...if she wears a scarf to cover her adam's apple!

...she's actually an attractive woman

*vomits*

Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 10:02 PM
Milage. Varied.

She's not a classic beauty by any means and she doesn't fit in most people's view of 'conventionally attractive', but she's not hideous by any means and there's some appeal there -- until she talks. Once the personality starts to come out, it's all over.

Good hair, though.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 10:04 PM
...and boy, does she have a really bad personality! We do agree on that!

"Now she Knows How Brent Felt"
Posted by tinkerer on 04-24-06 at 09:56 PM
Hee hee, it suddenly dawns on her that evrybody hates her and there isn't squat she can do about it.

Should have thought of that when she openly moved to discard people who she felt got in her way.

Bye bye Andrea. I'm sure you have convinced yourself you were treated terribly.

"RE: Now she Knows How Brent Felt"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 10:00 PM
Sweet justice! It is such a wonderful thing!

Posted by samboohoo on 04-24-06 at 09:59 PM
*dances with Nutz*

She is quite the beeyotch. I'd like to see her stuck in room somewhere with Omarosa.

Boo <---- only now watching Season 1 as I blast this fat away on the eliptical.

It's Arkie Love

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-06 at 10:01 PM
Oooh! I say they should also stick Maria in that room too! ...then there'd really be blood on the walls!

Posted by samboohoo on 04-24-06 at 10:31 PM
I forgot about her.

On the other side, I'd like to be in a room with Nick (Season 1), Kelly (Season 2), and God help me Tarek. <------ Even if just to look at him.

It's Arkie Love

"Segment #5: Boardroom."
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:51 PM
Conspiracy time! All of Synergy (minus Andrea) gathers in the suite to discuss ganging up on Andrea and putting 'blood on the walls', as Allie really, really likes to put it. Of course, Andrea is listening outside and tells them so, plus Sean isn't comfortable with the group assault tactic. As a result, it's not quite a united front once they gather in Donald's slaughterhouse, with Sean trying to play up any positive qualities Andrea's had in prior tasks. This still leaves Roxanne, Tammy, and Allie going after Andrea en masse, and while Andrea knows what's coming in the way of attacks, she's not a good enough speaker to respond to it. Donald decides the problem is team chemistry, lack thereof, and doesn't even let it get to the Pick Two stage: Andrea's fired.

"Next week:"
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 09:53 PM
Allie feels betrayed by Sean, Roxanne may be giving the orders, and Sean likes Tammy! Sean likes Tammy! Geez, how big is this harem?

"RE: Next week:"
Posted by tinkerer on 04-24-06 at 10:06 PM
If that's true, maybe Sean got put off by Blood On The Walls Allie and Calm Assassin Roxanne.

I don't buy this idea of Sean as trying to maintain dignity and morality anyway. I think he just tries to remain aloof as part of the aristocratic British bearing which he plays to the hilt.

"RE: Next week:"
Posted by Estee on 04-24-06 at 10:10 PM
But loses pretty much every time he goes into confessional. His imitation of what it's like to be on the receiving end of a 'Sorry, but we already got one!' was a little closer to vulgar American than detached Brit.

Huh. Come to think of it, why didn't Synergy go to Liberty Park -- the other departure point for Ellis Island? A little bit of a drive, but the time they lost would have been made up for by getting a captive audience of their own -- the 40% of visitors who weren't departing from Battery Park. From there, it turns into a pure sales task.

"Liberty Park"
Posted by tinkerer on 04-24-06 at 10:53 PM
Come to think of it, why didn't Synergy go to Liberty Park -- the other departure point for Ellis Island? Esteé

Good question. Too much time to drive, perhaps?

Don't look now, but Andrea might not have been the reason they lost. Allie screwed up all along. Which might have been the reason Allie was so bloodthirsty. If everyone gets over how much they hate Andrea, they might stop to consider who really was responsible for the loss.

Not that I'm broke up at what happened to Andrea.

"RE: Liberty Park"
Posted by Loree on 04-25-06 at 02:13 PM
I don't like Andrea so I'm not sad she is gone. But I do think Allie should have been fired too. She really messed up, and why was it never mentioned in the boardroom that they missed the boat? This team has that mentality to gang up on one person. They did it continually till they got rid of Brent. Then they aimed their sites on Andrea. Who is next if they lose?