URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 361
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Walt's Audio/Whispers in the Woods"

Posted by Farmie on 11-13-05 at 08:31 AM
Thanks to TJ for posting the audio of what Walt said in the tent!

I'm techno challenged in that I don't have TIVO/DVR...heck, where I live I still can't get DSL or cable...so, I'm relying on "others." Two questions:

1. Did Walt say something in reverse when Sayid and Shannon saw him in the woods? If so, does anyone know what he said?

2. What about the whispers in the woods? Are they audible?

Geez....I'd be "lost" if it wasn't for you guys!

Thanks,
Farmie

Sig pic by PhoenixMons

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Walt's Audio/Whispers in the Woods"
Posted by TeamJoisey on 11-13-05 at 11:17 PM
Walt did not speak in the second vision.

There are lots of thoughts about what the whispers say, but in reality they are too indistinct to be certain.

One intriguing little snippet seems to say "dying sucks." That's something Boone said to Shannon about her father's death.

Of course, the audio could also be saying "I need socks."

Yes, we're all going crazy.

Posted by Farmie on 11-14-05 at 01:23 PM
Thanks, TJ!

I couldn't remember if Walt spoke in the second vision.

Now you have my curiosity up about the whispers possibly saying "dying sucks." Were whispers heard before Boone died? Now whispers before Shannon died. Do the whispers mean someone is going to die? Geez...more questions!

Farmie

Sig pic by PhoenixMons

Posted by AugustGirl on 11-14-05 at 02:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-05 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

Sayid heard whispers when he escaped from Danielle.

Sawyer heard whispers when he was searching for the pig/hog (?) that was destroying his campsite.

I'm pretty sure several others have heard the whispers too.

Can anyone else remember who/when?

stupid enter key!

Posted by miamicatt on 11-15-05 at 01:17 PM
Didn't the tailies hear them when they noticed that Cindy was gone?

Posted by bystander on 11-17-05 at 03:37 PM
Yup, all the tailies heard them. So did Shannon and Sayid.

Posted by skeetergirl87 on 11-14-05 at 12:53 PM
I still want to know why Walt's talking backwards. Shannon obviously didn't understand what he said, so what's the point of his warnings if they're no understood? Also, normal viewers won't understand what he's saying, or maybe even recognize that he's saying something. Is that just for us junkies or will it be explained later?

Posted by weltek on 11-16-05 at 03:31 PM
My personal guess is that it's part of the experiments in either linguistics or telepathy...or both. I'm 100% sure it will be explained at some point in the whole series.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 11-14-05 at 04:11 PM
My theory is that the whispers are really other people's thoughts and they can be heard at certain places on the island due to the hatch experiments in telepathy.

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

"Help!"
Posted by Canada Girl on 11-15-05 at 10:35 AM
What DID Walt say in the tent? I can't find the post you are referring to.

"RE: Help!"
Posted by Rhyn on 11-15-05 at 01:09 PM
I had to go looking, too, as I was stumped that the "Walt" thread here didn't say.

The first time Shannon saw Walt, he said, "Don't press the button. The button's bad." (Confirmed by Lindelof, I believe. He didn't say, "Press the button. No button's bad.")

Then in the last episode, he said, "They're coming, and they're close."

Posted by skeetergirl87 on 11-15-05 at 01:27 PM
I still get freaked out whenever they show Walt - he just looks so weird. Anyway, I was thinking about something this morning. When Walt says "They're coming, and they're close" - who is the "they"? Is it the Others or the Tailies? We know the Tailies were close when Shannon saw Walt, but if he's referring to the Others, then they're close too.

I really need to get a life and quit thinking about this show so much - but it's so good!!!

Posted by sgoogs on 11-16-05 at 11:56 AM

Is it possible that Walt and the rest of the "whispers" are being used in the "The Hanso Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility"

~

"Echo"
Posted by trigirl on 11-17-05 at 10:52 AM
Could the whispers be some kind of sense memory echo? TJ got me thinking that when he mentioned the "Dying Sucks" comment made by Boone.

Did you notice the sound the tail fueselage made when sinking into the ocean? Sounded just like the sounds the Middie's heard on their first night on the Island.

"Lack of whispering?"
Posted by mrc on 11-17-05 at 10:58 AM
Anyone else notice that the only time that the Tailies heard whispering was right before Shannon was shot? That seems to argue against the idea that the whispering is linked to the Others.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

"RE: Lack of whispering?"
Posted by weltek on 11-17-05 at 11:56 AM
Good catch! Could the whispers be warnings from the children?

Posted by jkokoj on 11-17-05 at 12:18 PM
I mentioned in the East Coast thread the subtle difference between the two sections. The tallies had more of a "real" threat in the others, as them being human/people with alterior motives.

While our front enders were/are dealing with more supernatural or "monster" type entitites.

So yes, the tallies, only now hearing the voices would say to me that there are several factions on this island. Devious Weasel mentioned too that Goodwin seemed surprised when the tallies found the door. Does that mean the others do not venture beyond a certain point unless they have to?

Posted by J I M B O on 11-17-05 at 02:06 PM

Maybe the Others used to inhabit the station(s), but didn't press the button and whatever resulted from that is the reason they're so strong/wierd/etc. Thus they'd have an understandable reluctance to want to venture near the stations again.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 11-17-05 at 02:27 PM
Except his expression didn't look like fear of going in, it looked like "What the hell is this?" - if anything, he seemed even more surprised than the rest of the tailies, which would make sense if he had been on the island for awhile and didn't know the hatch was there.

Thanks PM!

Posted by J I M B O on 11-17-05 at 02:32 PM

But he also pretended to be surprised--with everyone else--that the guy in the pit had disappeared. Could have been feigning surprise to not stand out.

I mean so far we haven't seen anything that the Others fear...so why wouldn't they know about the whole island?

Posted by Devious Weasel on 11-17-05 at 02:44 PM
We haven't seen anything about what motivates the Others or what they know or don't know. There could be plenty of things they fear, it could just be that people aren't one of those things.

I realize it's open to interpretation, but to me his expression was an unguarded "WTF?" not a "I need to react the way they think I will react".

Thanks PM!

Posted by skeetergirl87 on 11-17-05 at 03:58 PM
I also found his surprise genuine. I truly think he had never seen it before. Plus, if the Others had previously found the hatch, they probably would have taken whatever was inside it, although maybe they weren't interested in glass eyes and Bibles.