URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 357
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Fabio! "

Posted by jellobiafra on 03-01-04 at 10:51 PM
That might be the funniest thing I've ever seen. Oh my God! I'm in tears.

Fabio is a deal-breaker! There are a lot of things a man can look past...but Fabio?! Are you kidding me? I'm outta here.

Man, you think you know somebody. And then they spring Fabio on you!

LOFL.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Fabio! "
Posted by Carolinalaw2003 on 03-01-04 at 10:58 PM
Am I missing something?

Posted by jellobiafra on 03-01-04 at 11:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-04 AT 11:14 PM (EST)

Well, did you watch the episode tonight? Let's start there.

Posted by Carolinalaw2003 on 03-01-04 at 11:16 PM
Yeah I watched it tonight. I mean if she had HIV, if she used to be a man, if she is a bisexual, has warrants for her arrest in 6 foreign countries, has 3 small children, used to be married or still is married, I could understand him leaving like that.

But he left because she used to date Fabio??????? Am I missing something? Or is Gil a total mass of insecurity?

Posted by MandyM on 03-01-04 at 11:08 PM
LOL! I hear you!

I couldn't stop laughing......and then they play the melodramatic music and have Larissa musing that this must be "how Brian Worth felt"....I was seriously rolling on the floor! THIS is the big secret?

I have to say I was truly hoping, once she picked Gil, that the "big reveal" would be that she used to be a man. That would have been SUCHHHHHHHHH better TV than "I used to date Fabio".

MM Maybe this world is another planet’s hell

Posted by jase on 03-01-04 at 11:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

The AJ producers should have just made something up for her to say. I can't believe that was her secret and that dude would walk out on her because of it. Beyond shocking is the only way to put it. This has to be the single worst moment in television history.

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-02-04 at 00:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 00:07 AM (EST)

Oh ... there have been worse moments in TV history, believe me! lol

How about the single worst moment in *Reality* TV history?

That would definitely work!

>This
>has to be the single
>worse moment in television history.
>

Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 02:27 AM
>How about the single worst moment
>in *Reality* TV history?
>
>That would definitely work!

I'm proud of you HD. I thought you would be in a puddle of tears because the AJ didn't win (again). No picketing this time?

Posted by sam on 03-02-04 at 02:06 PM
Can somebody tell me what is Fabio?

Posted by tk72 on 03-02-04 at 03:51 PM
Hi Sam,

Take a look at post #13. There's a link you can check out.

Posted by mmm_link on 03-02-04 at 07:53 AM
What about the "Littlest Groom?"

"What a waste of time!"
Posted by RTVJunkie on 03-01-04 at 11:40 PM
What a stupid ending! Really, get over it Gil. Who cares who she dated.

He is weak, insecure and has no personality! He lead her on until the very end and never had any sincere feelings for her. Talk about being there for the wrong reasons. All he wanted was to become an actor. I hope he gets blackballed by the entertainment industry and we never see him on tv again.

Realisticly, I never really saw her with Brian anyway. He has a heart of gold but, is just a little too geeky. The show failed her by not really finding any good matches for her. I mean all the Joes were weird looking geeks and all the jocks were assholes. She never really had any good prospects. Where are all the real Joes in the world?

I feel like the show wasted my time and Larissa's time.

What are your thoughts?

"RE: What a waste of time!"
Posted by yoyoma on 03-01-04 at 11:54 PM
I think you summed it up pretty well. They seemed to go out of their way to find the geekiest Joes and the most obnoxious jocks. My biggest complaint with Larissa's choice is that she wasn't choosing the guy she was going to spend the rest of her life with. The only consequence of her choice was a 4 day vacation together. It seemed as though she really liked Brian more than Gil. She could have dumped Gil and spent a few days with Brian before giving him the "let's be friends" speech.

Posted by SuperQ on 03-02-04 at 01:15 AM
Hah, the "let's be friends" line was classic. Why don't women realize that 'I hope we can still be friends' is the last thing a guy wants to hear. You might as well spit in his face while you are at it, Larissa.

Brian should have given her a big F-U and skipped back to the bus. Anyway, now he gets his own TV show since he was 2nd runner up.

Posted by SuperQ on 03-02-04 at 01:04 AM
The show didn't fail her at all. The show wasn't put together to find Larissa a man, it was put together to make TV that people want to watch. I think the show succeeded 100%. Everyone watched the last episode and they are still talking about it. The fact that average joes were super geeks and the 'studs' were all retards fits perfectly in the plan.

That said, Gil is a super-retard. I just can't fathom that he left because she was Fabio's left-overs. I also find it hilarious that she dropped Brian for the meathead. Knowing that she used to date Fabio though, it makes sense. It also makes sense why she made out with half the island. I bet she never thought she would be remembered like this. HA HA.

Posted by niteowl on 03-02-04 at 04:37 PM
Re: all the 'studs' were retards...didn't Theo seem like the best of both worlds after he opened up about being a former geek? he got all choked up. I thought that if Larissa had seen that side of him she might have kept him around longer. But maybe she doesn't like guys who cry....

Posted by sz77 on 03-04-04 at 02:10 AM
yeah but a large segment of people thought that was just an act.

Posted by mmm_link on 03-02-04 at 07:55 AM
Time for Adam's revenge.

Posted by lennon29 on 03-03-04 at 01:43 AM

I agree. It's wasn't a very interesting show because she wasn't really looking for a relationship (at 25) and neither were most of the guys.

And yeah, the choice of guys couldn't have been worse.

The AJ's were way below average and the 'good looking ones' didn't have personalities. Gil and Jim had to be the two most boring people I've ever seen on TV. Neither could hold a conversation. It was funny how unattractive they became...

Posted by RollDdice on 03-03-04 at 03:12 AM
It is a waste of time ... unless you SWOOP.

Posted by hkb1946 on 03-04-04 at 12:12 PM
I so totally agree! Everyone has pretty much expressed my same opinions on the entire show. I got so bored by the next to the last episode, that I forgot to watch. Again, her choices were next to zero. The last guys standing made no sense for her at all.

If they bother to do this show again, they definitely need to come up with a better method of creating it overall. To really give a woman a choice between an average joe who has personality and a decent job, but has average looks and a more attractive guy with a nothing job and little personality would be more of a decision for her to make in the end.

Ladyslider

Posted by missygirl3 on 03-02-04 at 10:02 AM
LMAO!! I hear you too. I laughed so hard at that. What a secret!! We were thinking something big. What a letdown. Cant wait for Adam Mesh in 2 weeks, though.

Posted by Icebaby on 03-03-04 at 09:26 AM
Oh i was rather let down with the "big Seceret" They hiped it up sooo much. I won't watch another average joe, it's just a bunch of crock. But i will see how Adam's show goes. I hope he is on there with a bunch of Average jane's that are not as bad as the Average Joe pickes. I mean really these guys are at the low of the average joe list.

Posted by RollDdice on 03-03-04 at 04:09 PM
I won't watch another average joe, it's just a bunch of crock. But i will see how Adam's show goes.

That's some threat. Exactly how will Average Jane be different from Av Joe except for the XY thing? Same production team, same premise, same old stuff.

Posted by mrc on 03-02-04 at 12:05 PM
MandyM,

I kept telling my wife that Larissa used ot be a man!! Too bad it wasn't true. We kept looking at each other and saying, "Fabio? Fabio?! Fabio?!!!!!" What a crock of an ending.

Posted by newtopos on 03-01-04 at 11:26 PM
I guess all of us have our Fabios in our closet.

LMAO.

Posted by karenajane on 03-02-04 at 01:32 AM
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahaha!

Yes, before I married my "Average Joe" husband, we spent many years in therapy -- working through his issues with my Fabian past. Coaxing him down from the clocktower on our wedding day was one of the most difficult moments in my life, but it was "Worth" it, I tell you!!

Posted by yoyoma on 03-01-04 at 11:32 PM
The only funnier ending would be if she picked Brian and then she told him she was married to Tim Wakefield

Posted by okdebi on 03-01-04 at 11:38 PM
Nothing to add...just wanted to share my sense of bewilderment.

And giggle.... LMAO

Debi

Posted by warp_core breach on 03-01-04 at 11:47 PM
Gil can't get passed Fabio? Hell, I can't get passed Fabio!! Ick!!

And I was worried that Brian may have been a little too old for her (7 years) but isn't Fabio, like, ancient? And I don't think that Gil was being insecure. He was just disgusted, like me!!!!

Posted by Jamie Kiwi on 03-01-04 at 11:55 PM
Hi, i'm audrey from Quebec city in Canada. Here we speak french and i didn't really understand WHO IS FABIO... WHO IS HE? Did Larissa talked of him once??? I know that he's her ex boyfriend, but, why Gil was so frustrated??

Can't wait for a reply!!
Tanks a lot!!

Posted by yoyoma on 03-02-04 at 00:01 AM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007231/

Posted by Reeflex7 on 03-02-04 at 00:05 AM
>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007231/

What's kind of funny about that link is that under his filmography it showed he played someone named Gil in "Bubble Boy". Or maybe I'm just easily amused at 12:12 am.

Posted by ImZACKtheAPE on 03-02-04 at 02:56 AM
Ahahhahahah! That picture makes it that much more funnier. Classic!

Posted by jowi on 03-02-04 at 00:03 AM
Well, IMO Fabio is simply a scapegoat. Gil just needed a reason to run home to his Ex.

Posted by ladro on 03-02-04 at 00:08 AM
lol. it had me scratching my head for a few minutes.

No way the Himbo left because of Fabio. They probably figured the 'romance' wasn't working so they came up with this stunt. At least it will give them something to joke about on the talkshows.

Speaking of Fabio, isn't that guy like 50? That French freak show is older than I am. Alright!!!, I gotta chance!!

Posted by ToadMagnet on 03-02-04 at 00:23 AM
I think he's "like" 45, which is still quite an age gap - I've found 15 years to be about the max for a compatible relationship (blush).

That whole Fabio cop-out thing threw me, too - maybe because I'm not a guy (buff or otherwise), I had no idea what Gil meant when he said any guy would know why he couldn't date her. Isn't Gil just a younger version of Fabio? Maybe that's what he found threatening - he wasn't her first Adonis, and he'd been banking his whole relationship on being the studliest thing she'd ever dated.

Posted by cibao on 03-02-04 at 00:47 AM
He'll be 45 this month on the 15th!! Write it down so you can celebrate!

He's Italian, not French by the way.

And lastly, I'm a guy, but I'd have to say even at 45, Fabio's better looking than Gil, and probably has a better personality (okay, I've gone too far, but how about he's just as vapid as Gil!).

Cibao

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on the outcome. I'm on the West Coast, and came here to see if it was worth my time to watch the show. It isn't.

Posted by SuperQ on 03-02-04 at 01:08 AM
No one wants to have Fabio's hand-me-downs.

Posted by karenajane on 03-02-04 at 01:34 AM
He's actually Italian. Not that it matters -- all those European, greasy bohunks are the same. ;)

Posted by johnwww on 03-02-04 at 00:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

I think we are all too blown away by the "why" to see the real beauty of the moment. It was sweet irony in a modern love story. Of course Fabio is a joke, and a guy being insecure about being with a girl that slept (emphasis slept) with Fabio truly reveals sweet Irony in her decision go for a guy that never expressed any feelings of love for her. Hell, on a silver plate Gil told her he hoped to get acting out of the show's results! She took one look at Tim Wakefield's frame while at Fenway, and forgot about skinny Brian. Anyway, back to sweet irony: Shallow Gal Dumped by Insecure Gil.

"just awesome baby!!!!!!!"
Posted by shakes the clown on 03-02-04 at 01:03 AM
...that had to be the funniest 10 minutes in the history of reality television!

And for the few idiots in this thresd who didn't throughly enjoy those final ten minutes you should NEVER for the rest of your life attempt to watch anything that might be construed as funny, cause you obviously can't grasp the concept of humor, let alone the beauty that occurs when satire and parody happen unintentionally.

Those last ten minutes were like art.

BEST. ENDING. EVER.

P.S. I have never seen a media whore dumb b!tch look any more
b!tchfullness than Larissa did by the end of that show. Truly priceless.

And as stupid as Gil was/is, the guy was right on two counts. One, dating Fabio is definitely a deal breaker and two, he shouldn't have to explain the reasoning to any self respecting guy in America.

"RE: just awesome baby!!!!!!!"
Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 02:17 AM
gee shakes, I thought you'd been banned.

Anyhow, here's the ironic part (and not in that feeble Alanis Morrisette way)...

When Gil and the rest of the steroid monkeys came in on the ship, with his shirt unbuttoned, abs rippling and his hair blowing in the breeze, Gil was Fabio.

The show finally came full trapezoid.

Posted by karenajane on 03-02-04 at 02:55 AM
>Anyhow, here's the ironic part (and
>not in that feeble Alanis
>Morrisette way)...

Muwahahahahahaaa! I just had to laugh at the Alanis Morrisette "ironic" reference. Heh. Nice to know I'm not the only one who gets hacked off at her complete and utter (and ironic) confusion re: irony vs. coincidence.

And you are so right -- I am so glad that you pointed that out (ie: gil = fabio = gil = fabio).

Heh. I really should go to bed. I will never get this portion of my life back, dammit!

Posted by DRONES on 03-02-04 at 07:19 AM
ROFL!!
That last 10minutes of AJ was both the worst and best I've ever seen. I've never laughed so hard.

DRONES

Posted by Tiger Lily on 03-02-04 at 01:28 AM
That was too friggin hilarious! If I were Brian, I'd be laughing my ass off right about now.

Fabio... hehehe. What a great ending.

This girl is doomed to be single for the rest of her life.

"I would Follow Fabio! w/ a condom "
Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-02-04 at 01:53 AM
LOL....she finally got what was comming to her good!!!

"RE: I would Follow Fabio! w/ a condom "
Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-02-04 at 02:26 AM
Ok I appologize for the above subject I wrote...but
Can any of the girls here explain to me her choice, if it where a guy no one would expext any different. I thought girls wanted the nice guy with integrety over the pretty boy who wurns out to be even dumber then Jim last week???? This proves that women are EQUAL to men!

I wonder if the producers understood how much we wouldn't like her...

Posted by Icebaby on 03-03-04 at 03:29 PM
Can any of the girls here explain to me her choice

ok Female here lol. Not ugly, but not model type either. Mho is that Although I rooted for Brian, i wouldn't have choose him. They didn't really seem to have anything in commen. The most romantic part of the home date was the boat trip which from what i've read was not Brain's choice.
So why chose the "pretty boy"? It might have just been an easier choice. If she chose Brian it could crush him when he had his 4 day vacation and found out she really didn't like either one. I don't think she liked Gil either , but she had to chose.
Me i don't go for the "Pretty boy" type. Typically they are just full of themselves. But i also wouldn't date someone who i was embarsed to be seen with. If i had a choice between a man who looked decent and had a great personality and we had tons of crap in commen or a man who was 300 lbs heavier and the same traits i'm going to chose the first one. and Even if the guy who was 300 lbs heavier was a much better choice i don't think i could chose him.
So i live in the middle. I have a overweight average looking, average personality Husband.

Posted by Leadoff on 03-02-04 at 02:33 AM
The whole thing was an act! Larissa is an actress. All of her tears meant nothing! She'll get a newscasting job somewhere (probably Missouri) and marry an up-and-coming politician. Her whole life's goal is probably to be the next Maria Shriver.

"The other creature who rode Fabio's face"
Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 02:56 AM

Fabio Takes It on the Nose

by Joal Ryan
Mar 31, 1999, 6:55 AM PT

Fabio. So, what's up with him these days, anyway?

For all those who asked (and the millions more who didn't) comes the strange-but-true answer: The world-famous famous guy suffered minor facial cuts Tuesday after being clocked in the nose by a bird during a roller-coaster ride in Virginia.

Really.

The odds of the above circumstances (Fabio in Virginia; Fabio riding a roller-coaster; Fabio colliding with a bird) converging for one--single--police-blotter item seem incalculable. But the long shot came in.

Here's what happened: On Tuesday, the beyond-strapping spokesmodel, best known to TV audiences as the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter guy, was booked to appear at the Busch Gardens theme park in Williamsburg, Virginia.

The venue was hyping its new roller-coaster, Apollo's Chariot. The park people apparently thought it would be cute if Fabio tried out their new toy for a "Modern-Day Adonis vs. Ancient-Day Sun God" promotion. (Um, Fabio was supposed to be the modern-day Adonis.)

So, anyway, Fabio--tearing himself away from his butter-alternative advocacy work--agreed. He showed up at the park. Got strapped into the ride, seated amid several adoring female fans. Then, the roller-coaster rolled.

Early in the ride, a bird--by some accounts, a goose--flew into Fabio's big-target face. The spokesmodel was bloodied--as were his adoring female fans. He got cut. They got splattered.

Fabio, 38, was taken to a hospital, where he was treated for a one-inch cut to the bridge of his nose.

"He's fine, no serious injuries," park spokeswoman Deborah DeMarco assured the Washington Post.

No word on the bird's motives--or funeral plans. (Its broken body was later retrieved by park officials.)

The goose and Larissa. Some guys have all the luck!

"RE: The other creature who rode Fabio's face"
Posted by ladro on 03-02-04 at 09:36 AM
that was great. The odds of that are so long, I not sure if I believe you.

"RE: The other creature who rode Fabio's face"
Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 11:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

>that was great. The odds of that are so long, I'm not sure if I believe you.

You can check it out on the E! website or ...if you're really a glutton for punishment... you can do a Fabio google search.

Pelican Pete on A.S.S. is ready for revenge!

"RE: "whole thing was an act""
Posted by drooler on 03-02-04 at 02:01 PM
I agree completely. And I was OTFLMBO because the acting from Larissa and "Tab Hunter" was sooooooo awful. If Gil wants to be an actor (was that non sequitur from him a tip off?) well, he best stick to his hammer!

"Hey Fabioooooo!!!"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-02-04 at 02:30 AM
I have this picture of Gil walking out on the construction site and all you can hear are whistles, cat calls, and "Hey Fabiooooo!" Then a whole bunch of kissing sounds and an eruption of laughter. He will NEVER live this down.

Gil's old nickname - Pretty Boy
Gil's new nickname - Fabiooooooo

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at the end of a TV show. The only thing that I can think of that came close was Sue Hawk's "Snake and Rat" speech.

I cheered when Larissa chose Gil, because it made the world all right and orderly. Shallow girl chooses equally shallow guy and leaves the great guy for a great girl.

"RE: Hey Fabioooooo!!!"
Posted by ToadMagnet on 03-02-04 at 02:51 AM
LOL Chrissy - I think you're right ... isn't Gil just a younger version of Fabio, anyway?

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-02-04 at 02:55 AM
Thats why he is so pissed...lol

Posted by karenajane on 03-02-04 at 02:57 AM
>I cheered when Larissa chose Gil,
>because it made the world
>all right and orderly.

ROTFLMAO! Amen!

"... Priceless"
Posted by johnwww on 03-02-04 at 04:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 01:19 PM (EST)

Larissa Meek was reimbursed for certain living expenses during her participation in the show: $10,000

A vacation in Hawaii with 26 men to choose from: $500,000

Watching Gil kick sand when he found out Fabio got there first... Priceless.

"RE: ... Priceless"
Posted by Joeaveragemaybenot on 03-02-04 at 05:25 AM
I think its easy to judge her in the situation that this show presented itself to her...who here can honestly say that physical attraction isn't or has not been a strong influence on whomever they find themselves interested in?....let alone have to grapple with that dillemma on a national television show....to all...ask yourself...am I as pure of heart in my own life...would I choose someone that i'm not physically attracted to over another because they really liked me?....and for that matter....would Brian...great guy....choose someone he found not physically attractive...over larissa....i guess we are going to get a taste of that with the upcoming sequel of the first installment of this show.....the fact is we are all human and its easy to throw stones from the cheap seats...look at yourself...perhaps...a little more deeply....before you judge someone whom you might find that you are no different....

"RE: ... Priceless"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-02-04 at 08:04 PM
who here can honestly say that physical attraction isn't or has not been a strong influence on whomever they find themselves interested in?....

I can honestly say the physical attraction did not have ANY influence in who I chose to wed and spend the rest of my life with!!!

I had many marriage offers during my years of dating, but none of the men interested me. Then when I met the man who is now my husband I was not attracted to him physically, but I found him extremely interesting. Over time the interest turned to love and we have now been married for 22 years and I still love him just as much as the day I married him!!

Posted by Rockytop Chick on 03-02-04 at 07:12 AM
I think the ending was completely contrived. Maybe she did date Fabio. But, I think she chose Gil just because she had to choose somebody, and there was no one one that show that was the entire package i.e. good looking, smart, funny, rich, or whatever she really wants in a man. There was no way any lasting relationship was going to come out of this show.

I think the producers approached Gil and Larissa with the idea. They told Larissa it would make the audience more sympathetic with her. And they told Gil it would give him a chance to show off his acting skills. So we end up with a made-for TV breakup.

I just don't see a relationship ending over who someone used to date.

Posted by Gina99 on 03-02-04 at 09:59 AM
'Can any of the girls here explain to me her choice, if it where a guy no one would expext any different.'

Honestly, she didn't connect with anyone on the show (and in all fairness, she didn't have much of a choice of a well rounded guy). If you watched her body language, she never seemed to feel a spark. She was poised, said the right things, felt that she was coming across as sincere (we all saw through it)-basically she was Miss America through the whole show.

She had to choose someone. She chose Gil because she didn't want to hurt Brian any further and he was obviously in love with her. With Gil, they could break up after the vacation and there would be no harm done because she realized that they were both there for the same reason-to advance their careers. Perfect match! Maybe she made a bigger deal about Fabio which was edited out) in hopes that he would react that way.

By the way I thought the whole 'Gil is intriguing because he is closed-off and that is real' (I didn't quote exactly) comment was a joke. She kept complimenting the guys who opened up to her through the whole show.

Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 11:34 AM
Very astute observations, Gina.

She really flip-flopped on the "be honest, except for Gil" business.

And when Gil said he wanted to be an actor, she gave him a look that said, "You idiot. We talked about that in the production meetings, but you weren't supposed to say it on camera."

But when you hang with Fabio, you have certain standards.

Posted by AlaskaView on 03-02-04 at 12:50 PM
>Very astute observations, Gina.
>
>She really flip-flopped on the "be
>honest, except for Gil" business.
>
>
>And when Gil said he wanted
>to be an actor, she
>gave him a look that
>said, "You idiot. We talked
>about that in the production
>meetings, but you weren't supposed
>to say it on camera."
>
>
>But when you hang with Fabio,
>you have certain standards.
>
>

Posted by AlaskaView on 03-02-04 at 12:55 PM
I completely agree.
I was in histerics when Larissa revealed the Fabio secret. The only two dorks here are Larissa and Gil. She contradicted herself and he was as deep as a frying pan.
Brian looked like the better kisser to me. He'll have plenty of dates after this......

Posted by pandorella on 03-02-04 at 01:48 PM

"And they told Gil it would give him a chance to show off his acting skills."

Yeah,Gil can show off how he can act like a piece of wood.(without any of the charisma or personality of the wood)

Posted by RollDdice on 03-02-04 at 05:16 PM
That insult goes against Gil's grain.

"RE: I can't believe it's not butter!"
Posted by tk72 on 03-02-04 at 01:07 PM
What a great ending to this show. How can we say otherwise.
Dating Fabio, now who would want to; or admit to that. and Gil's reaction was appropriate, I would've skated out of there too. As stated before, How irony plays a part. Live by the sword...

Posted by Oscirus on 03-02-04 at 01:34 PM
What an ending the ghost of the bambino strikes again
The ghost of Fabio made all right with the world

Black people do have black toes

Posted by hugo on 03-02-04 at 02:09 PM
Fabio has his own website:

http://www.down-syndrom.ch/Fabio_E.htm

Posted by leveeblues on 03-02-04 at 02:23 PM
Gimme me a break! O.J., maybe....but Fabio! Mr. personality of a lima bean Gil should have been somewhat amused by Larissa's choice not offended

Posted by KayteeChristmas on 03-02-04 at 03:29 PM
I have to say that the final twist was the most disappointing ending ever! I had already heard that Larissa had dated Fabio so it was no surprise to me. I am glad she didn't pick Brian though because he really irritated me...and I wouldn't have picked Gil either...but it is pretty obvious that he never was really that interested in Larissa, but I think that was the case with most of the "hot" guys...personally I would have gone for Michael Klein...sure he seemed arrogant, but he had a reason to be...at least he didn't take the show seriously and make himself look pathetic like some of the other guys did...especially Tony, he had to be the most annoying of them all...but I can understand why the "hot" guys didn't like her, because she has to be the most annoying person..she makes bad decisions and overanalyzes the stupidest things...I think she needed to realize coming into this thing that a lot of her suitors weren't there to fall in love, but to make a television debut...it makes sense reality tv love is a hoax and she had to be stupid to think otherwise. Anyways, Gil obviously thought that Fabio was a great excuse to get out and I agree!! It was funny and it really serves Larissa right...as for Brian Worth I'd be more than happy if he lost that accent...

Posted by leogirl_21 on 03-02-04 at 05:05 PM
Fabio? Ick! That episode had me laughing and at the same time I was like...that's her secret? Anyways, it was a pretty disappointing episode. Brian, I never even thought that she would choose him and Gil, well, he was just there.
Is it true that she is back with Gil?

Posted by realitycoholic on 03-02-04 at 06:59 PM
Perhaps Gil had butter-envy of Fabio...

Posted by ballerina_of_doom on 03-03-04 at 09:45 AM
*sigh* I really don't know what you are all on about. Larissa dumped Jim for similar reasons. I mean, being jealous of an ex is quite understandable really, but dumping someone over blow up doll jealousy...now that screams "issues*.

I *heart* my average joe

Posted by Leadoff on 03-03-04 at 04:12 PM
Has anyone checked with Fabio to see what he thinks about his ex-girlfriend dating Gil?

Posted by escapedude on 03-03-04 at 04:53 PM
First of all she must have "dated" fabio when she was 16 or so!

Brian deserves much better than her ..The show was completetly contrived, especially the ending..Cmon Gil walking out on her because of Fabio..Thats the most ridiculous excuse i have ever heard...The obviously had to be something else we're missing..

I honestly thought she was going to choose Brian but i guess we realize how shallow she really is..She is just trying to advance her acting/modeling caree and had to choose someone..

Larissa is screwed now.

"!!Reformed Fabio Stalker Loves AJ2 Finale!!"
Posted by cheeeeeks on 03-04-04 at 10:57 PM
I loved that ending. !!Fabio!! Wow! How good is that? Rockon!!

Now, don't be jealous, but I actually was in the same room as Fabio two years ago. I was at an art gallery opening in Los Angeles and he was there with some guy perpetually on a cell phone (his agent? body guard?)

Mesmerized, I think I followed him around (at a safe distance of course) for about 20 minutes. He was uber cheesey. Had on these pointy reptile cowboy boots, tight off white pants, ... he has this huge chest ... very thick guy. Still with that flowing mane.

I know, I know. It was one of those moments of a lifetime. *Sniff* I'm getting misty-eyed, must go now ...

"RE: !!Reformed Fabio Stalker Loves AJ2 Finale!!"
Posted by RollDdice on 03-05-04 at 02:32 AM
I was at the same gallery opening. I don't know how to break this to you...

.... those weren't boots.

Mark "Trying to arrange a Sue Hawk v. Fabio cage match" Burnett

Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-05-04 at 02:37 AM
.... those weren't boots.

Ah, the fine art of bashing at its best! Good one RollD!!

Posted by RollDdice on 03-05-04 at 03:16 AM
Thanks my sweet Chrissy Gal.

That's why God makes newbies, to dispense those beautiful set ups.

I wonder if Gilligan ever thought about suing the Skipper for sexual harassment...

Posted by cheeeeeks on 03-05-04 at 01:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-04 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

>That's why God makes newbies, to
>dispense those beautiful set ups.

Ahhh ... to be one of the hip reality tv message board regulars ... now THAT would be an accomplishment. One can dream ...

Posted by RollDdice on 03-05-04 at 06:57 PM
cheeeeeks -

Don't worry, you'll get there. And you'll see that we poke fun at each other all the time.

I see you already have the appropriate snarky, sarcastic gene. (and that's a compliment!)

Posted by cheeeeeks on 03-05-04 at 08:03 PM
Thanks for the reassurance RollD.

<Pondering taking time off so I can at least get up to the "Got Milk? Spokesperson" DAW level.>

Posted by RollDdice on 03-05-04 at 10:21 PM
<Pondering taking time off so I can at least get up to the "Got Milk? Spokesperson" DAW level.>

We have support groups that you can join. They have valuable information to help you deal with your addiction, and attending meetings helps increase your DAW count.

(Yes, I know that's a contradiction-- we're still working out the details.)

Mark "Captain Sensitive" Burnett

Posted by cheeeeeks on 03-05-04 at 10:27 PM
*laughing*

Posted by ladro on 03-05-04 at 08:02 PM
I don't what that means, but I still find it funny.

Posted by ladro on 03-05-04 at 08:06 PM
I just remembered Laarriissaa's comment after the Himbo's arrived; "I never dated guys this hot before" (or something liked that). Evidently Fabio wasn't so Fabulous.

Posted by RollDdice on 03-06-04 at 01:46 AM
So true, ladro. I remember her saying that.

You know who made alot of money on that show?

The guy with the chest-waxing concession.

Fabio. That has to be the last name I ever thought I'd hear.