URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 352
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Brian chatting on Boston.com at 2PM Tuesday..."

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 03-01-04 at 01:09 AM
CHATS
Noon Tues: CPAs Michael O'Malley and William Colangeli, members of the Mass. Society of CPAs, chat about taxes.
2 pm Tues: Chat with finalist Brian Worth the day after the finale of NBC's "Not Your Average Joe 2: Hawaii."

Sounds like a kinda strange thing for the "winner" of the show to be doing the next afternoon -- you'd think they'd be busy with bigger publicity -- or at least doing it on NBC.com

-SB

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Brian chatting on Boston.com at 2PM Tuesday..."
Posted by ToadMagnet on 03-01-04 at 01:18 AM
But can't one "chat" from anywhere? This could just be part of his schedule.

Gee, I can't imagine how exciting that chat room must be when the highlight is two CPAs discussing taxes. Whoo-hoooo! I wanna be a chat-room member there! Can I? Can I? Huh, huh, huh?

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 03-02-04 at 09:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 09:54 AM (EST)

Yes, you can chat from anywhere. But my point was that the day after the show ends, at 11 AM PT, I find it hard to believe that Larissa and the winner wouldn't be doing some much more, BIGGER post-show publicity for the series.

The day after most of these successful dating shows end is normally a huge PR whirlwind for the winning couple, with everyone from the network's own morning show to ET, Access Hollywood, Extra, E!, to magazines like US Weekly, People, etc. and dozens of newspapers all wanting a piece of the couple.

...in that scenario, I just found it to be a dead giveaway that Brian doing a real-time chat on his hometown newspaper site that morning was not a dead-giveaway that he didn't win.

Heh, someone from NBC might even have mentioned it to them, because Boston.com even changed the text to also note LIVE FROM LOS ANGELES yesterday, apparently hoping that would help cover up the giveaway.

-SB

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-02-04 at 01:16 AM
Should be interesting to read what he has to say

"Here is the text of that chat!"
Posted by Howard Dean on 03-02-04 at 03:28 PM
Here in the link:

http://forums.prospero.com/n/chat/pchat/chatLog.asp?webtag=averagejoe&uid=498718784#bot

"RE: Here is the text of that chat!"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 03-02-04 at 03:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

I think your chat session expired or something (the link isn't working) so here's a copy/paste from my session

Here's a fixed link:

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/chats/average_joe/

Posted by Howard Dean on 03-02-04 at 04:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

All's well that ends well.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 03-02-04 at 04:08 PM
>Yeah, I thought about copy/pasting the transcript, but I wasn't sure
>about copyright issues, so I just put the link.
>Evidently, it's not a problem, since you copy/pasted it.

I only typically paste things if, from what I can tell, they've completely disappeared and are never to return -- which, never having been in a Boston.com chat before (nor read the end of the chat) it what I thought had happened to their chat text.

Boston.com just added a "perma-link," so I've updated the previous post to point to it.

-SB

Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-02-04 at 08:35 PM
Great chat. Thank you for the link Webby!