URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3496
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"

Posted by sleeeve on 02-01-03 at 01:19 AM
I am looking for volunteers to help with our official State of the Spoiling (SOTS).
What's that, you ask?

Well... each week, we will publish a thread that tries to consolidate and refocus all of the spoiling for the week... the goal of the thread is to inform, act as an index of the active posts in spoilers, and encourage focussed discussion of the theories that have surfaced each week.

We are looking for volunteers to put together this thread on a week-by-week basis... the job is a one week commitment, and here's what it entails:

I've found that this can be a mildly time-consuming task... it typically takes me about an hour to summarize and link everything in Spoilers, but may take you more or less time, depending on how organized you are...

I've also found that the best approach is to take notes throughout the week as you read the forum, so that when it's time to post the SOTS, you already have an outline of what's been happening in Spoilers for a week.

Here are a few examples of previous SOTS (yeah... they're all mine... so sue me ):
Survivor 3, Episode 2
Survivor 3, Episode 5 (The Twist)
Survivor 4, Episode 2

If you are interested in volunteering to take on SOTS for a week, please reply to this thread, and indicate any dates that you are not available... here is a tentative schedule for Survivor 6:

E1: Thursday, 2/13 -- SOTS to be posted Tuesday night, 2/11 (or Wednesday morning)
E2: 2/20 -- SOTS 2/18
E3: 2/27 -- SOTS 2/25
E4: 3/6 -- SOTS 3/4
E5: 3/13 -- SOTS 3/11
<Note: Two special Wednesday shows due to March Madness>
E6: Wed. 3/19 -- SOTS Monday 3/17
E6.5: Wed. 3/26 -- No SOTS Required (Recap Episode)
E7: 4/3 -- SOTS 4/1
E8: 4/10 -- SOTS 4/8
E9: 4/17 -- SOTS 4/15
E10: 4/24 -- SOTS 4/22
E11: 5/1 -- SOTS 4/29
E12: 5/8 -- SOTS 5/6
E13: 5/15 -- SOTS 5/13

Please note that I'm basing this schedule on the following assumptions, which are based on precident:

Here's the deal: I will leave this thread open for about a week, before beginning to assign SOTS. I will probably assign only the first half of the season at this time, and request additional volunteers later for the second half. (Although if you are interested in doing a SOTS in the second half, sign up now, and you'll still be considered).

People selected to do SOTS will be notified via e-mail with additional information and posting guidelines... the full list of those selected will be posted here, whenever I finally get around to making the selections.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: State of the Spoiling-- Volunteers Wanted!!!"
Posted by MellowYellow on 02-01-03 at 11:19 AM
I'm open, just name the episode, whatever's most convenient for you guys.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-01-03 at 07:13 PM
I'm interested in doing another SOTS... episode 4 looks about perfect right now as it's a pretty safe time period for me as things start to get crazy about March 10th and on until early to mid April.

If there's not enough interest in the second half, I would also enjoy doing another SOTS any time from Episode 10 and on.

Thanks, eee!

Posted by VerucaSalt on 02-03-03 at 08:04 AM
I'll throw my hat in the ring and hope I don't embarrass myself too much; I'm fine with whatever date.

"There's a sucker born..."
Posted by Rain Crow on 02-03-03 at 01:13 PM
every minute...so I will volunteer to do another SOTS. I had fun last season so why not?

Just pick me out an episode in April...right now I am pretty open so any week should work.

Thanks in advance to Sleeeve for organinzing the SOTS. I'm proud to be a part of it.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Posted by TeamJoisey on 02-03-03 at 02:47 PM

I'd be happy to contribute. Any date is fine.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by snoocharoo on 02-03-03 at 04:24 PM
Add me to the list eee...

"Count me in"
Posted by SurvivaBear on 02-03-03 at 05:11 PM
I will be happy to do one (this seems to be my niche). I could do Ep. 1, but let me know right away so I can get prepared and so I can post it early. Man, it is great to be revving up for another season.

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

"RE: Count me in"
Posted by sleeeve on 02-05-03 at 04:31 PM
>I could
>do Ep. 1, but let
>me know right away so
>I can get prepared

You got it! I just sent you an e-mail.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Posted by survivorscott on 02-03-03 at 05:26 PM
I'm in also. Just not the first one.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

"Bebo where are you?"
Posted by addictedtoSB on 02-06-03 at 10:44 AM
No offense meant to all you esteemed spoilers and SOTS writers. I enjoyed every summary last season. That said, Bebo if you're out there, please volunteer again for SOTS. You rock! I just reread last seasons summary and was laughing out loud all over again.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

"Schedule - First Half Of Season"
Posted by sleeeve on 02-08-03 at 09:25 PM
E1: 2/13 -- SOTS 2/11 - SurvivaBear
E2: 2/20 -- SOTS 2/18 - MellowYellow
E3: 2/27 -- SOTS 2/25 - survivorscott
E4: 3/6 -- SOTS 3/4 - PepeLePew13
E5: 3/13 -- SOTS 3/11 - VerucaSalt
<Note: Two special Wednesday shows due to March Madness>
E6: Wed. 3/19 -- SOTS Monday 3/17 - snoocharoo
E6.5: Wed. 3/26 -- No SOTS Required (Recap Episode)
E7: 4/3 -- SOTS 4/1 - TeamJoisey
E8: 4/10 -- SOTS 4/8 - Rain Crow

Please note that you have been assigned an episode-- not a date, so if the calendar above changes (a different recap date, for example), you will follow the episode number!

SOTS Volunteers -- please respond to accept your episode (or to let me know if you have any conflicts)!!!

You will recieve an e-mail at the address you have registered with SB (check your profile) about a week before your SOTS is to be posted with more info.

Thanks again for volunteering!

"RE: Schedule - First Half Of Season"
Posted by survivorscott on 02-09-03 at 04:59 PM
good to go here

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

"Episode 8"
Posted by Rain Crow on 02-10-03 at 05:28 PM
Thanks Sleeeve...got it on my calendar. Can hardly wait!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-10-03 at 11:13 PM

>E4: 3/6 -- SOTS 3/4 - PepeLePew13

Looks perfect to me! Even if the episode gets pushed back by a week, it's still good as I'm not going away until the 12th.

So... here's my confirmation that I'm in.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

Posted by TeamJoisey on 02-11-03 at 02:21 AM

I'm in.
Although I might just copy Bear's Ep1 SOTS, 'cause its perfect.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by VerucaSalt on 02-11-03 at 07:24 AM
Marked down, let's hope it is half as good as the prior SOTS I've had the pleasure of reading!

Posted by snoocharoo on 02-11-03 at 12:22 PM
I'm in...

Posted by MellowYellow on 02-12-03 at 02:31 AM
Rest easy!

Got E2.

"Phew..."
Posted by sleeeve on 02-12-03 at 02:33 AM
Thanks

"Bench warmer here!"
Posted by Bebo on 02-11-03 at 01:37 PM
I'll take up my trusty position on the bench, able to go in as a sub if needed.

And addicted, you are too kind! We have some awesome writers around here. And the SOTS that Bear put together was just amazing. (although, I just wrote a Celebrity Mole summary if you're interested...)

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

"More Volunteers Needed -- Ep9 thru Finale"
Posted by sleeeve on 03-29-03 at 05:23 PM
Alright... we have no idea when (or if) the recrap will occur this season. I've arbitrarily put it after episode 10 in the schedule below, but since this is a random guess, the schedule may be off by one week at some parts.

So... if you're interested in doing a SOTS for the second half of the season (volunteers from the first half of the season are definately welcome to do another SOTS!!!), reply below and let me know... As before, please list any episodes that you are unavailable for. Thanks .

Here's a guess at the schedule for the rest of the season:

E8: 4/3 -- SOTS to be posted Tuesday night, 4/1, or Wed morning before noon
E9: 4/10 -- SOTS 4/8
E10: 4/17 -- SOTS 4/15
Recrap: 4/24 -- No SOTS required
E11: 5/1 -- SOTS 4/29
E12: 5/8 -- SOTS 5/6
E13: 5/15 -- SOTS 5/13

"BUMP"
Posted by sleeeve on 04-01-03 at 00:23 AM
No interest at all? There must be SOMEONE that would be willing to volunteer their time...

"RE: BUMP"
Posted by snoocharoo on 04-01-03 at 10:15 AM
Sign me up eee...the only caveat is that I cannot do this SOTS this week or next. Anytime after that is fine.

"RE: BUMP"
Posted by Booted on 04-01-03 at 10:25 AM
Sleeeve:

I am a relatively newbee here and never did one before, but if you need help I would be glad to help. The only dates I can do is the 5/8 or 5/16 shows. Until then I will not have the time.

Boot Ed

"I will do another one,"
Posted by SurvivaBear on 04-01-03 at 01:04 PM
but I could use a couple of weeks to get back into my school routine.

Posted by Barenaked Ladiesfan on 04-01-03 at 04:42 PM
I am fully ready to do a spoilers recap, I do one every week for my office, and everyone loves it. I would be happy to do any week you want me to. I am available.

--BNL fan

"Schedule: Remainder Of Season"
Posted by sleeeve on 04-02-03 at 02:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-03 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

First of all, my sincerest thanks to all of our writers so far this season... your hard work and dedication is definately appreciated.

Normally, I do not schedule people with fewer than 25 posts to write a SOTS, however, due to apparent lack of interest, I am going to give BNLFan a chance to write one... I will send you an e-mail late tonight to the address that you have registered at this site (check your profile). In the meantime, please respond to this post along with everyone else.

Speaking of which... everyone else, please respond to accept your SOTS assignment, or to let me know about any problems. Remember that you have been assigned an episode, not a date, so if the recrap moves around (which it is likely to do, since I just took a guess at its placement), please follow your episode to the appropriate week.

EDIT: Munson just posted that the recrap is scheduled for April 17th (Thanks munson!), so I've adjusted the schedule accordingly.

Booted... I do expect that the recrap will air before E12, so I think that your scheduled episode will still air on time. If it does not, we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

As is tradition at RealityTVWorld.com, we always have one of the blue crew write the finale SOTS. This season, I actually have my act together and I scheduled the writer more than two days in advance (I know-- shocking!)... Bebo has generously volunteered to write the finale SOTS. Thanks, Bebo!

OKay, writers... reply so that I won't worry

E8: 4/3 -- SOTS Tues. nite, 4/1, or Wed. morn. before noon - Rain Crow (Already Posted)
E9: 4/10 -- SOTS 4/8 - Barenaked Ladiesfan
Recrap: 4/17 -- No SOTS required
E10: 4/24 -- SOTS 4/22 - snoocharoo
E11: 5/1 -- SOTS 4/29 - SurvivaBear
E12: 5/8 -- SOTS 5/6 - Booted
E13: 5/15 -- SOTS 5/13 - Bebo

"RE: Schedule: Remainder Of Season"
Posted by snoocharoo on 04-02-03 at 02:22 PM
Ensign Snooch reporting for duty!

Posted by Barenaked Ladiesfan on 04-02-03 at 03:02 PM
Newbie ready, willing, and able. I will not disappoint.

--BNL

"Haven't you always wanted a MON-KEY?"

Posted by Booted on 04-02-03 at 06:05 PM
Sleeeve:

I will work hard not to disappoint. One question I do have. Probably should know but don't... How do you get the picture at the top of SOTS? I know how to do links and everything just not the pic...

Thanks for the chance...

Boot Ed

Posted by sleeeve on 04-02-03 at 07:02 PM
I'll send you an e-mail approximately one week before your episode with all of the details including the html code to add the picture and title at the top of your SOTS and the small print at the bottom.

"Oops"
Posted by SurvivaBear on 04-10-03 at 05:25 PM
I have been too preoccupied to reply. Assignment noted and accepted!

"Finale on Maothers Day?"
Posted by Krautboy on 04-10-03 at 05:36 PM
I've read somewhere that EP13, the Finale, will be on Sunday 5/11. That's Mothers Day! Not sure how this will effect the Sots schedule...

Krautboy

"RE: Finale on Maothers Day?"
Posted by Bebo on 04-10-03 at 07:12 PM
Since both my mom and my mother-in-law are here in town, I'll be raring to go. I've got it covered.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 04-10-03 at 07:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-03 AT 07:43 PM (EST)

Hi! It looks like you have plenty of volunteers already, but count me in if you need more or if you need alternates.

A Kyngsladye Original

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

"An URGENT Plea!!!"
Posted by snoocharoo on 04-22-03 at 09:09 AM
HELP! This happenes every single time I volunteer to write an SOTS, some crisis or project gets dumped in my lap and I end up scrambling on Wednesday to write a half-assed SOTS.

Due to the fact that my daughter's teacher decided that the parents needed homework, I will be unable to write an SOTS. Instead, I'll be making a paper mache Pteradon and dinosaur diorama in addition to working my full time job and taking care of my home resposibilities. No time for fun, no time for mom to do something she enjoys...oh no, mom must work and work and work so that my daughter's teacher can spend 2 minutes looking at the Pteradon it took 2 weeks to make, throw a grade on it and send it home to be thrown in the trash. And people wonder why American children are so far behind in education. But alas I digress..

Can someone either pinch hit for me this week or switch this week with me? Next week should free up, I'll only be refinancing my house, having 7 tress taken down and my yard excavated...

"Pleas God please, I'll pay any cost if you'll just stop the world cuz I wanna get off"

"RE: An URGENT Plea!!!"
Posted by SurvivaBear on 04-23-03 at 10:26 AM
I have agreed to trade with Snooch (because she is just so darn cute). Because this is a last minute thing I will not be able to get it posted until this afternoon early evening. Hold on everyone and I will put in my best effort.

"RE: An URGENT Plea!!!"
Posted by snoocharoo on 04-23-03 at 11:35 AM
Did you ever know that you're my hero...you are the wind beneath my wings man, *sobs* I love you.

Really Bear, thank you oodles and oodles for bailing my sorry azz out last minute. I owe you big time, next time you're in CT or NYC I'll buy ya about 15 beers!!!

"Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness"

"Thanks!"
Posted by sleeeve on 04-23-03 at 02:46 PM
Thanks to both of you for working this out!

-eee