URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 348
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Alias"

Posted by trigirl on 12-01-04 at 01:57 PM
Please tell me that the rumours of Bennifer2 appearing on Alias are not true. Anyone got any scoop? What happened with Jen and Michael Vartan? Please don't tamper with the Vaughn character just because of Ben (ugh).

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Alias"
Posted by Bebo on 12-02-04 at 12:23 PM
OK, EOnline's Kristen may suck at getting reality TV spoilers, but she has good sources for Alias. And since Michael Vartan is on her lustpuppy list too (everyone knows he's on mine), she gets a lot of scoopage there.

She reported that Michael learned he was no longer Jen's man when the press reported on her relationship with Affleck. He is under contract to stay on Alias, and even though it may be difficult for him, he's honoring his contract.

Rumors of a Ben appearance on Alias are just that...rumors. There has been no proof that he's making room in his schedule for an appearance.

Oh, and happy belated 36th birthday to handsome Mr. Vartan.

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Posted by trigirl on 12-08-04 at 12:33 PM
Can you IMGAGINE dumping that hockey-playing, french-speaking HOTTIE for that should-stuck-with indie movies has-been! I mean Jennifer, love ya, let's do lunch and sort this out.

Posted by Bebo on 12-08-04 at 02:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-04 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

In this week's column, Kristen reported on a conversation that she had with our French-born studpuppy. He acknowledged the rumors, but since he was in the process of filming an episode that was past the one where he allegedly left the show, that debunked the rumor.

I don't know why she would have dumped him for Ben either. To give her a little credit, maybe he's a total jerk who just plays a sexy lovable hottie on TV. I refuse to believe that, though, because then my daydreaming just won't be as much fun.

edited for a really bad typo

"Season Premiere"
Posted by trigirl on 01-05-05 at 08:55 AM
Jan 5th after Lost. Yippee!

I have read a couple of articles that JJ Abrams has said they are going to change things up this year. Less Rambaldi and more self-contained episodes. I HOPE NOT. I don't want to watch neatly encaspulated plots....the fact that this is one crazy meandering puzzle is what keeps me going.

Thoughts?

"RE: Season Premiere"
Posted by Bebo on 01-05-05 at 11:09 PM
Well, if that's what they mean by "neatly encapsulated plots", then bring 'em on. That was a kick ass episode, which opened enough cans of worms to more than make up for the ones it closed.

Posted by trigirl on 01-06-05 at 10:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-05 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

NOOOOOOO! My digital recorder screwed up. Encore version?

edited to add:
Whew...in Canada they are showing the premiere at Sunday at 4:00 pm. Seems they are keeping it in its Sunday timeslot here. That means 2 hrs of Alias and 2 hrs of 24 Sunday night...I might be 'espionaged' out!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 01-12-05 at 06:58 PM
4PM on a Sunday? What kind of wacky country is that? Are there a lack of available networks or something? What gets aired during primetime?

"SLOANE!!!!!!"
Posted by sorgee on 01-05-05 at 09:21 PM
my, my, my. the old gangs all back together again. who would have imagined...

Posted by grit on 01-06-05 at 11:06 AM
My apologies to bebo, but they need to recruit Weiss for the black ops group. Vaughn just doesn't do it for me...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Bebo on 01-06-05 at 12:12 PM
OK, you did point out the one thing I miss - Weiss Weiss baby. Still, the scenes at the end with Syd and Nadia were cute.

He's filming a pilot for a new show - if it gets picked up, I don't think he'll be around all that much.

And this time, it won't be like when he was, well, the pilot in Lost and got killed in the, well, pilot.

Posted by grit on 01-06-05 at 12:23 PM
Does anyone know how many episodes were taped before those two broke up? I'm kind of curious to see what happens with the on-screen relationship when they hit that point. It was a little weird watching the show last night knowing what's going on with them personally.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"Ratings News"
Posted by Bebo on 01-06-05 at 05:11 PM
Best ratings in 3 years - 16 million viewers, according to TV Guide Online. WOOHOO!

"Saw it, finally!"
Posted by trigirl on 01-10-05 at 08:59 AM
That was an awesome opener! The Irina storyline was not at all what I was expecting, what about you guys? I thought for sure that it was something about Sydney as a child and that Jack had enrolled her in some crazy program. Vaughn seems to know more than he let on, which may be how they will break up this cute couple again.

Posted by Tahj on 01-11-05 at 11:25 AM
I'm so glad this show is back. I thought the Sunday's episode was great. I don't remember Jack Bristow killing Irina last season, but he must have. I know they weren't going to bring her back because of her demands or something. And why did Irina have a contract out on Sydney?

As an aside, I have full frontals of Michael Vartan from One Hour Photo. Heh.

Posted by Bebo on 01-11-05 at 01:01 PM
>As an aside, I have full
>frontals of Michael Vartan from
>One Hour Photo. Heh.

And surprise, surprise...when I rented that movie, I kept hitting rewind at that point.

I make this look good.

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 01-13-05 at 11:55 AM
Did anyone watch last night's episode?? I'm liking the Nadia/Sydney partnership...looking forward to when they do a mission together.

Looks like the whole crowd is back together again, just the way I like it!

And Marshall had some more classic lines!! "Shut-up"!! LOL.

Posted by Tahj on 01-13-05 at 02:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

I did. I thought it was good. I'm a little worried about next week, from the previews. I hope nothing happens to Vaughn. There were rumors that he was leaving the show this season.

Posted by Bebo on 01-13-05 at 02:42 PM
In an E!Online interview, he said that he was filming episode 9, and he said the rumors of his departure were greatly exaggerated.

I make this look good.

"Homage to Lost"
Posted by trigirl on 01-18-05 at 04:26 PM
Any Lost fans out there? Did you notice that song playing at Weiss' birthday party. It was Charlie's song from his band "Driveshaft". Wonder if we can expect more Abrams crossovers.

"RE: Homage to Lost"
Posted by HuckleberryHound on 01-21-05 at 02:44 PM
Yep, saw that...pretty funny!

I'm surprised by how much some people dislike Alias. I for one think it's a great show, and I think they have made the first few episodes easier for new viewers to catch on. Some people say that they feel confused, but this week's episode did a great job of giving background on relationships.

I think this show has a stellar cast! And I'm glad more people are watching it...next week looks exciting

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 03-17-05 at 02:08 PM
BUMP...

Thought I'd get some discussion going again...what does everyone think about Season 4?? I really liked the episodes with Sark, Anna, etc...and I'm wondering what's up between Sloan and Jack!!

Also, anyone have any theories about what could be going on with Vaughn's father? Is he still alive, bad or good...

So many questions!

Posted by Tahj on 03-18-05 at 01:17 PM
I've enjoyed it so far. I think it would rock if Vaughn's father was still alive. More intrigue!

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 03-24-05 at 11:38 AM
did you see last night's ep? Was interesting IMO...and the last scene with the woman from the orphanage was cool...she looks like she's up to something.

Good story about Nadia as well. Wouldn't want to get on her bad side!

Posted by Tahj on 03-28-05 at 12:31 PM
Yeah, Nadia's back story is pretty interesting. The show is starting to get boring now though. I haven't like it as much the past couple of episodes.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 03-31-05 at 12:55 PM
last night was pretty good! All I can say is "go Marshall" He was a riot...and next week Jack betrays Syd?

"Rambaldi"
Posted by trigirl on 04-06-05 at 11:00 AM
Hello? Are we just dropping that awesome storyline? The Passenger? Sydney's stolen ovum? Abrams, are you too busy writing amazing storylines for Lost? I want more intrigue!!!

"RE: Rambaldi"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 04-06-05 at 01:31 PM
Thank you, TriGirl! I feel the same way. This season of Alias is such a snooze. There is no overarching storyline to hold it all together and there is no villain. The show has been dumbed down way too much. Parft of the intrique of the show used to be that nobody knew exactly what everybody else was doing so the characters had to constantly watch what they said to each other and remember which "alias" they were playing at the moment - and that forced the audience to have to think too! Now it's just a simple linear storyline every episode. I miss having factions that work together and against each other. In one of the first episodes of this season, all the title characters were sitting down in a conference room together talking! WTF?! It's just not any fun now that they are all presumably on the same team. I don't know how much longer I can hang in with "Alias" because it's just not the same program that it used to be.

a sig by syren

Posted by BlueLies on 05-22-05 at 04:27 PM
TriGirl:

Hope not. Maybe he's just leaving something to come back to.

Join us... it's all we talk about:

http://sd-6.com/

Posted by LadyT on 05-22-05 at 04:36 PM
Now that Jennifer Garner is pregnant, they may work it in the show. What foresight it was to have them harvest her eggs.

Posted by BlueLies on 05-22-05 at 04:39 PM
That's such a personal decision to have that worked in and to what extent? I suppose they have no choice but to work it in to some extent, but I hope they do it as tastefully as possible.

It should be completely left up to JG.

"Damn you, JJ Abrams!"
Posted by Bebo on 05-26-05 at 07:19 AM
OK, season finale last night. I was so close to turning off the TV in the middle, since I had never expected to be watching "Night of the Living Dead". I half-expected Michael Jackson to jump out into the street and start singing "Thriller".

But that ending! I wondered what Irina had meant when she told Vaughn not to have secrets from Sydney. Whoa! He used to be a bad guy? His name's not Michael Vaughn? And who was in that car that hit them?

I'm betting on JLo - after all, Jen got preggers by her leftovers.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

"RE: Damn you, JJ Abrams!"
Posted by Dizwiz on 05-26-05 at 09:36 AM
Four freaking years of Rambaldi build-up, for that?! Nadia didn't die! Four years of "The Chosen One and The Passenger" and it all works out ok in the end?! WTF?! The best part of the whole episode was the ending...and that totally freaked me out. I hope they're not planning on killing off Vaughn.

"RE: Damn you, JJ Abrams!"
Posted by Bebo on 05-26-05 at 10:25 AM
Some good character moments were just lost in the midst of that ridiculous wrap-up.

- Weiss and Marshall and the blackmailing.
- Irina and Jack - loved their rapport. When Irina told her sister that she'd let Jack do the torturing, I cracked up. Jack had the best line of the night - "I decided to have more fun." And then Irina blowing her sister's brains out before Jack could inject her was great. Almost made up for the zombie crap in the subway. Almost.

"Loved it!"
Posted by BlueLies on 05-26-05 at 12:28 PM
I loved it! No complaints here, except it's like reading the last page of a good book and you have to wait for the next one.

Irina said to Syd, "You wont see me on your wedding day, but I'll see you."

I wonder if Irina had anything to do with the car hit and/or will she have anything to do with their rescue? I slowed the tape, and they blocked out the driver of the car that hit them. An side impact like that would either be fatal or seriously debilitating. Syd could lose Vaughn.

"Yawn..."
Posted by HistoryDetective on 05-26-05 at 12:43 PM
Let's see. Two minutes left in the season finale. Main character and her main squeeze driving along having a pleasant conversation. Could a car accident be imminent?!

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

"So what's Vaughn's secret?"
Posted by Dizwiz on 05-26-05 at 12:45 PM
My current guess is that he was the assassin who killed Danny in the first place, but that's subject to change.

"RE: So what's Vaughn's secret?"
Posted by BlueLies on 05-26-05 at 12:50 PM
Oh Man! What an imagination you have. I guess that would put a wet towel on The Honeymoon huh?

....or maybe Vaughn could have prevented Danny's death?

Posted by Dizwiz on 05-26-05 at 12:54 PM
I also don't get how he could NOT be Michael Vaughn, since he spent so much time looking for Bill Vaughn. And all the crap about his father's watch. I'd say he was KGB, but his Russian is lousy!

Posted by BlueLies on 05-26-05 at 01:14 PM
True.

There are lots of directions they can take the story. Should be fun to find out where they are going. We need more back story on Bill Vaughn. I get the feeling Vaughn and Jack have a lot to talk about.

It was nice seeing the whole cast together again. Perhaps they are letting Sloane see Nadia so he'll become infected.

His father's watch - when you said that, I pictured the severed arm with the beeping 'watch' on - I wonder if there's any correlation?

The ending indicates MV is a really good spy, going in under cover, undetected, gathering intel without having to offer anything in return and walking away with the girl in the sunset.

Posted by diamond on 05-26-05 at 11:23 PM
My current guess is that he was the assassin who killed Danny in the first place

Not unless they rewrite the show. We already know who killed him - the assassin played by John Hannah (I forget the character's name, but it was in the first season).

Posted by BlueLies on 05-27-05 at 01:38 AM
If that's true, Vaughn would have had to kill Danny for a reason meaning Danny must have been a bad guy out to kill Syd before she could help rid the earth of evil.

They can re-write anything to give it more of a back story to change what we know as reality in the story line, so to say we already know who killed Danny could be held redundant with half a cartridge of printer ink... or on a more pleasant note, some people call that a twist.

Posted by Bebo on 05-27-05 at 08:14 AM
It wouldn't take rewriting - thanks to the whole dup thing, they could claim they altered his DNA to take over for the "real" Michael Vaughn.

If they could dup Francie and Irina, why not alter Danny's assasin into a CIA agent?

Posted by diamond on 05-27-05 at 08:24 AM
Yeah, I guess that's true!

It's weird - I guess I tend to ignore the sceince fiction elements (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, given how much of the show depends on it). Normally I hate science fiction - and I mean HATE. Absolutely can't stand it. But I love this show.

Posted by BlueLies on 05-27-05 at 11:54 AM
True - Duplicating, it's a catch-all for any inequities.

Look.... there's one now...

Posted by Agman2 on 12-11-15 at 04:35 PM
Beam me up Diamond.....May the force be with you!