URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3475
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Men vs. Women"

Posted by geekboy on 01-14-03 at 01:20 PM
I seem to recall an 'online chat' with Jeff Probst during this past season where someone asked him about a 'men vs. women' version of Survivor. I seem to also recall him stating (and I paraphrase due to lack of memory) 'Its an interesting idea, but i don't think it would work well'.

Anyone else remember this, or have the transcript?

Thanks,

Alan

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Men vs. Women"
Posted by Brownroach on 01-14-03 at 01:40 PM
Not sure about JP, but maybe you are thinking of this, which AZ Leo posted on the Basher board:

>>Taken from the Mark Burnett Web Chat on CBS.COM just before the Thailand Finale and after S6 filming was complete:

iwillsurvive: When will you have a girl tribe vs. a guy tribe?
Mark Burnett: Maybe one day we'll consider doing that. It just creates all kinds of problems, like whether or not we can find Challenges to keep it fair. <<

"RE: Men vs. Women"
Posted by geekboy on 01-14-03 at 01:50 PM
Thanks Brownroach. That looks familiar, and teh timing is right, i just got the person wrong. I find it interesting that he would use the word 'problem' after filming of S6 was complete. Then again, it could simply be a misdirection tactic.

>>>Taken from the Mark Burnett Web Chat on CBS.COM just before the Thailand Finale and after S6 filming was complete:
>
>iwillsurvive: When will you have a
>girl tribe vs. a guy
>tribe?
>Mark Burnett: Maybe one day we'll
>consider doing that. It just
>creates all kinds of problems,
>like whether or not we
>can find Challenges to keep
>it fair. <<

"Discussion is already underway..."
Posted by IceCat on 01-15-03 at 09:36 PM
... for this topic on Krautboy's 'Amazons vs the Men' thread...

PLease feel free to repost this discussion on that thread.

Locking this duplicate thread.