URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 34732
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"OTCC- Azorean Spiced Beef Stew"

Posted by Breezy on 10-16-09 at 08:22 AM
This is where Tummy errrrrrrr any way....

I'm not a grand type of cooker, I prefer one pot methods and simpler recipes. I chose this stew to try because it's freaking cold here already.

This is a crockpot recipe, feel free to do it on the stove top if you prefer or maybe even in the roaster. (I don't know, I'm a simple cook remember.)

2 lb beef chuck stew meat (or whatever cut you prefer)
5-6 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
2 potatoes, chopped in to 1 inch cubes
3 green onions, chopped
3 cups beef stock
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup baby carrots
2 T kosher salt
1/2 T red pepper flakes
1 tsp all spice
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin
2 cinnamon sticks

Throw it all in the crockpot and float the bay leaf and cinnamon sticks on top.

Cook on low 8-10 hours, high for 6.

This is from the crockpot lady's site, I'll be adding a sweet potato cubed to mine. mmmmmm I love sweet potatoes. Feel free to add or subtract veggies, use what you have or your own favorites for stew. Also you can just use 1 lb of meat to make it lighter, and add more veggies. I'll be using 2 lbs since DBF is a big boy. LOL

Serve with nice warm bread or rolls.

Want a quick and easy dessert? (Nutty if you're lurking shield your eyes on this one.)

Pumpkin Fluff

1 can pumpkin
8 oz Fat Free Cool Whip
1 box sugar free/fat free butterscotch or cheesecake pudding mix
pumpkin pie spice

Mix the pumpkin, Cool Whip and pudding mix all together. Season to taste with the pumpkin pie spice. Serve with graham crackers or reduced fat Nilla wafers.

Even my extremely picky DD loves this stuff.

We remain free to dislike anyone we please, but the Constitution continues to demand that we respect their civil rights.- MO

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: OTCC- Azorean Spiced Beef Stew"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-16-09 at 11:24 AM
Lol and yum. This is one of the recipes on her site I've not tried. Can't wait.

Posted by frodis on 10-16-09 at 11:26 AM
Yay, I was hoping for a crock pot recipe. Maybe for this one I won't forget the green onions.

Cake Haiku. Motion by Snidget/Shrunken down by Moonbaby/Ice Cat legal-sized.

"I knew there'd be cinnamon!"
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-09 at 11:29 AM
Portuguese cooking always has cinnamon... even when they cook octopus.

Posted by dragonflies on 10-16-09 at 12:45 PM
Mmmm, now this I can do! I love to cook, but don't love to prepare or clean up. Hence the reason I don't cook. But I could do this. Plus it is mostly gluten free. The beef stock isn't, but I think I can find some GF stock.

Funny, DH loves beef chuck roast, and I cannot abide it. But in stew form, it sounds delicious!

Thanks Breezy. Oh, and it is supposed to be 57-60F here on Monday/Tuesday.

Posted by weltek on 10-16-09 at 01:07 PM
I just took a beef roast out of the freezer. Looks like I should cube it up (or even not, and just do this as a roast instead of stew)!

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Silvergirl1 on 10-16-09 at 01:49 PM

It sounds delicious, Breezy. I am thinking of making this for Sunday dinner when we will have company.

I love sweet potatoes, too, but I've found that I don't like them in beef stew. They add a flavor that is too sweet or something. I'm sure you will let us know how it turns out for you, though.

Styled by Agman, 2009

Posted by J Slice on 10-16-09 at 03:32 PM
Nice! I was thinking beef stew tomorrow. This sounds like a good plan.

I might make some sort of spiced grain pilaf (barley? bulgur? quinoa?) to go with. But it sounds good, and like something Sir and I would enjoy.

Because this is closer to how I look...

"Bulgur"
Posted by Breezy on 10-16-09 at 05:42 PM
My answer would always by bulgur, gawd I love that stuff.

"RE: Bulgur"
Posted by weltek on 10-19-09 at 10:11 AM
I don't think I've ever cooked with bulger. Sounds like I should.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"swoop block"
Posted by Max Headroom on 10-16-09 at 04:03 PM
Because y'all let me down with the other OTCC thread.

Posted by qwertypie on 10-16-09 at 06:02 PM
OOOOOH! I think I whip up some biscuits to go with this.

Posted by Seana on 10-16-09 at 07:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-09 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

Pardon the silly question:

Does this cook for 8-10 hours on low and then an additional 6 hours on high, for a total of 14-16 hours?

or

2-4 hours on low and then 6 hours on high for a total of 8-10?

ETSay: I think my picky husband would actually eat this, without the tomatoes. Maybe I can sub some crushed tomatoes for the flavour.

Sig by agman, bouncy by IceCat

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-16-09 at 07:30 PM
If I understood it correctly... there's a choice of cooking it for 8-10 hours on low OR cooking it for 6 hours on high.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-16-09 at 09:09 PM
I think you are correct Pepe. That's the way (and the time frame) for most crock pot recipes.

Posted by Seana on 10-16-09 at 09:14 PM
Thank you both! That makes much more sense. I don't usually use a recipe with my crock pot. I throw in a bunch of stuff and then stick a thermometer in the meat. I take it out when it's done.

Sig by agman, bouncy by IceCat

Posted by Snidget on 10-17-09 at 09:16 AM
Sounds good.

Picked up some spices at the Fresh Market while I was there getting Sushi (I like theirs better than the grocery store).

I don't know if I'll try sweet potatoes in it as I'm not sure I'd like that, but while at the Market I saw something with Sweet Potatoes in it and I had to take it home and try it.

*covers Slicey's eyes*

Sweet Potato Pancake Mix....and they were good for breakfast this morning.

http://www.brucesyamsbrand.com/pancake-mix.html

Haunted by Tribe!

Posted by Starshine on 10-17-09 at 11:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-09 AT 04:46 PM (EST)

Well guess what I had for a late lunch today!

I customised this one quite a bit, I couldn't get braising steak, so I used neck of lamb instead, I used new potatoes instead of chopping up big ones, only used a teaspoon of salt. a mix of cayenne pepper and smoked paprika instead of the red pepper flakes, forgot to put in the bay-leaf and cinnamon until halfway through cooking, and cooked it on the hob browning off the meat and frying the onions and garlic before adding the other ingredients.

I liked it, overall the flavours were very enjoyable, the spices worked well with the lamb, and there was a hint of sweetness which was delightful.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Apparently Hob translates to "Stove Top"

Posted by qwertypie on 10-17-09 at 03:49 PM
Well, you can ignore my FB question on whether you modified the recipe any.

The lamb sounds inspired!

"My House Is Starting to Smell Good."
Posted by Snidget on 10-18-09 at 04:16 PM
*drools*

Haunted by Tribe!

"Mine too"
Posted by Breezy on 10-18-09 at 05:27 PM
Pic will be posted soon.

"RE: My House Is Starting to Smell Good."
Posted by J Slice on 10-18-09 at 06:20 PM
Srsly.

My apartment smells like a spice market.

2 more hours until I can eat.

Dammit I do not wish to wait that long.

"10 thumbs up on the smell"
Posted by weltek on 10-19-09 at 10:10 AM
My house smelled delish all afternoon.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by samboohoo on 10-18-09 at 04:38 PM
I will have to hold on to this for a few weeks. We just had regular beef stew in the crock pot last Sunday and didn't finish it all.

Looks good.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"Dinner served"
Posted by Breezy on 10-18-09 at 06:18 PM

mmmmmmm Not bad, spicey with a hint of cinnamon at the end.

"RE: Dinner served"
Posted by Snidget on 10-18-09 at 06:52 PM
Few changes.

2 cups beef broth, 1 cup homemade veggie broth
I thought it needed a bit more acid than the tomatoes added in so I added a bit of balsamic vinegar.
I like a thicker broth and maybe I should have added more potatoes for that so I added a bit of corn starch and turned it up on high at the end.

Served over Bulgar Pilaf with Cheese Biscuits.

Haunted by Tribe!

"Immersion blender"
Posted by Breezy on 10-18-09 at 08:00 PM
I want one for Christmas. That's how you can make things like this have a thicker broth, blend up some of the taters and veggies.

Oh and the sweet potatoes were good in it. They went well with the spicy cinnamon.

"RE: Immersion blender"
Posted by Snidget on 10-18-09 at 08:05 PM
I was concerned as I'm usually not a cinnamon in a savory dish kinda girl, but I really like it in this dish.

I? have an immersion blender, didn't think to swoosh up a potato or two. Mom always did drop bisquick stuff into the stew and that usually dropped enough flour into it to thicken it up a bit.

"RE: Immersion blender"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-19-09 at 08:15 AM
I thought the cinnamon would go well with the sweet potatoes. I am going to make it next week when DH goes on his golf trip. I usually make crock-pot roast when he is gone because he prefers a thicker version.

In my beef stew recipe I made last Sunday, it calls for 2 tbsp. brown sugar, which I thought very odd when I first saw it, but it's delish.

"That's it"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-18-09 at 07:20 PM
The pictures pushed me over the edge. I tried to resist but I'm going to have to make stew. Darn it, the weather is perfect for it and the craving is BAD.

"Slice made it, Slice liked it."
Posted by J Slice on 10-18-09 at 08:28 PM
Verdict: de-freaking-licious.

My apartment smells wonderful, and I am in the process of enjoying a much-needed bowl of stew (it is ridic. stew weather here).

Some modifications, of course.

I dredged the beef in flour and browned it first, and rather than baby carrots, cut up big carrots.

Also, I have a relatively small crock pot, so less stock was used.

At the last minute, I added tapioca powder for thickening purposes.

No bulgur around the house, but, hey, a baguette!

THANK YOU BREEZUS!

"RE: Slice made it, Slice liked it."
Posted by Breezy on 10-19-09 at 08:02 AM
Your's looks yummy with the thicker broth.

Posted by J Slice on 10-19-09 at 10:50 AM
I prefer a thicker stew - seems more hearty and filling, I suppose. Such was the case with last night's dinner. Made mopping up all the sauce just wonderful with the baguette.

Tapioca powder is a godsend. I use it in almost every stew or curry I made.

Posted by rasslinmomma on 10-19-09 at 07:36 PM
I've never tried tapioca powder. How does it compare to cornstarch or flour for thickening?

Posted by J Slice on 10-20-09 at 11:02 AM
I prefer it greatly, unless I'm making a roux. But given the amount of grease provided by the beef, I didn't think a roux was necessary.

Posted by samboohoo on 10-20-09 at 08:44 AM
I've never used Tapioca or cornstarch.

When I make my beef stew, my recipe calls for 1/3 cup of flour at the beginning. Then with an hour to go, I take 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup water, mix those together to make a paste and put it into the stew, turn the heat up to high for the last hour.

Posted by weltek on 10-19-09 at 10:08 AM
My in-laws decided to visit yesterday, so I threw the roast I had into the crock pot and used this recipe. Because I had visitors and was rushed to serve, I forgot to take a picture!

My comments, given that I'm not a big beef roast/beef stew fan, are below. It got thumbs up from my in-laws and Chris seemed to enjoy it. I enjoyed it about as well as I enjoy any beef stew/roast, but it was fun to have something with some sweeter spices.

What I liked
The cinnamon and cumin addition and the ease of both making this and cleaning up was great.

What I tweaked
I used a whole roast, more cinnamon, onions instead of green onions, and browned my roast first. I also added cornstarch/water at the end to thicken it.

Would I make it again?
Maybe not this specific recipe, but the basic idea I'd do again. It made me want to start adding cinnamon and cumin to stew/roast sometimes. I didn't love the allspice part, so would probably not add that again.

Other notes
I made acorn squash with a recipe in Real Simple this month. It was a recipe for butternut squash, but I had an acorn. From memory, it's basically roasting squash and shallots in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper (375 for about an hour). Boil some apple cider until reduced, add apple cider vinegar and parsley. Pour over squash. I added a dash of maple syrup, but probably shouldn't have in retrospect. I should have added a few chunks of whole apples.

Thanks for hosting this week, Breezy!

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by frodis on 10-19-09 at 01:28 PM
I have this in the crock pot today. It smelled amazing instantly - I can't wait for the cooking smells to fill up the house.

This recipe came at a perfect time for me. My kids have colds and I pulled an all-nighter last night to get some work finished since my prospects of doing it during the day are nil. I love not having to think about dinner now that the stew is crocking.

A few hacks:

• I forgot green onions. Actually, I haven't been to the store so I didn't really forget them so much as I just don't have any. I used a yellow sweet onion.

• I didn't quite have two pounds of stew meat, so I increased the potatoes and carrots to compensate. I might have over compensated - the crock pot is very full.

• I can't find my red pepper flakes so I crushed up two dried chile piquins with the mortar and pestle and threw those in instead.

• I used one 28-oz can of diced tomatoes because I didn't feel like chopping up the couple of fresh tomatoes I have left. Because I used canned tomatoes, I reduced the amount of salt I put in.

Can't wait to eat!

• "RE: OTCC- Azorean Spiced Beef Stew"
    Posted by frodis on 10-26-09 at 10:35 AM
    Here's my photo:

It was delicious. Mr. Fro, who doesn't really care much either way for beef stew, thought it was very flavorful and enjoyed it. My daughter even ventured a bite.

As it turned out I did over-do it with the potatoes and carrots and as a result, 6 hours on high was not enough, so I had to finish it up on the stove. Next time I'll just get the crock pot started earlier.

Thanks, Breezy!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-19-09 at 01:42 PM
    Been to the store and have all the ingredients. I think I'm going to wait for company this weekend. I have to pick her up in Tulsa on Friday so this would be a no-stress meal to come home to. But all the reviews makes me want to throw this in the crock now!

AnAgmanHalloweenoriginal2009

Posted by weltek on 10-19-09 at 01:43 PM
    Perfect for company because the great smell will fill the house.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-22-09 at 10:20 AM
    Company came down with the flu, so no TX peep at my house this weekend. Since it's rainy and gray and icky out today I decided today was a great day to throw this in. My house is starting to smell yummy.

I'm adding roasted parsnips, carrots and fennel after it cooks, because I have a bowl of them in the fridge that's yelling "use me, use me!".

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-22-09 at 02:26 PM
    House is smelling wonderful and my tummy is growling!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-22-09 at 10:59 PM
    It turned out wonderful. Rob's not a stew person and he went back for seconds.

I thickened it with a little tapioca - ala Slicey - and put it over some brown rice. Made some cornbread and it was great. I did added the roasted veggies that I had left over from another meal. I have to say I liked the roasted carrots much better than the ones I just threw in the crock. I didn't have alot of roasted fennel left so I just heated it and put it on top.

I would make this again!

Posted by Puffy on 10-19-09 at 05:49 PM
    I threw some cinnamon in a pot of boiling water and my house smells great! We're having leftover Chinese food. Again, I'm enjoying the pictures.

"Simmering as we speak"
    Posted by qwertypie on 10-20-09 at 07:58 PM
    DH works late Tuesdays, so this will be perfect for him.

"RE: Simmering as we speak"
    Posted by qwertypie on 10-21-09 at 02:05 AM
    LAST EDITED ON 10-21-09 AT 02:13 AM (EST)

That was seriously really good. Some changes I made
    *added celery and mushrooms, no reason, just 'cos.
    *added 1/2 tsp ground cayenne instead of the red pepper flakes (next time I will add more, I am a fan of spicy, but not everyone here is)
    *used 3 potatos instead of 2
    * omitted the salt and used sodium reduced beef broth (we are not big cooking with salt people
    * added some corn starch as thickener
    * made cheesy herb biscuits to sop up the extra stew juices
    Served it with a cold beer (Keith's premium white)
    YUMMMMMM!

Some things I might try next time
    *substitute the lamb (great idea Starshine!) for the beef
    *up the cayenne pepper and add some cocoa
    *try sweet potatoes and /or turnips (esp. if I up the cayenne)

Considering DH is unconscious on the couch after having a couple of bowls, I would say he is a also a fan.

Posted by rasslinmomma on 10-21-09 at 10:01 AM
    Woke up to snow on the ground, so this went into the crockpot. It's the first time we've tried cinnamon with savory. Hope the kids will enjoy...they're not usually too picky.

Courtesy of the very talented ARnutz

Posted by grit on 10-21-09 at 10:36 AM
    Hey, snow on the ground, stew in the crockpot, where's my invite?

I got sliced!

That reminds me, I need to go pick up my new skis. They should be ready by now...

Posted by foonermints on 10-23-09 at 00:43 AM
    »They should be ready by now... «

It takes Hans a while to carve those, but you will now have lignostone edges.
    Remember to wax.

"Parsnips in stew"
    Posted by maroonclowns mom on 10-21-09 at 11:41 AM

Does anyone use parsnips in stew or is it too sweet? My Mom never did cause my Dad didn`t like it and I have never tried it.

"RE: Parsnips in stew"
    Posted by qwertypie on 10-21-09 at 04:34 PM
    I have (but not with this one). I really like it, but tend to up the spicy heat to counteract the sweet.

"Wonderful, absolutely wonderful"
    Posted by rasslinmomma on 10-22-09 at 09:27 AM
    Thank you Breezy, for a delicious recipe. It hit the spot when I got home last night. My kids send their thanks as well.

Courtesy of the very talented ARnutz

Posted by foonermints on 10-23-09 at 00:54 AM
    LAST EDITED ON 10-25-09 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

I just finished making this (including browning the beef) and it's sitting in the ice box for tomorrow? Saturday? Sunday?
    I don't know.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
    I'll just have to wait until I get the go-ahead from the boss.
    Thanks Breezy!
    Saturday it is.
    eta: This was incredibly great! We loved the spices.

"This was really good! (Lots of pics!)"
    Posted by thndrkttn on 10-26-09 at 10:10 AM
    We made this last night. (This has been such a nice thing for my DH and me to do on a Sunday. We've really been enjoying this.)

Changes we made:

We used two sweet potatoes and one white. If you are a fan of the sweet potato, don’t bother with the white. Every time I got a piece of the white, it was a disappoint compared to the sweet.

We used London Broil, floured and browned. YUM!!!!

We sauteed the garlic and onions in olive oil and then deglazed them with a little red wine.

We also added: celery, one tablespoon of brown sugar (Thanks Boo!) and maybe an extra teaspoon of cinnamon.

We cut: the allspice in half (thanks weltek!) and cut the salt by half.

It was absolutely delicious. And since half the fun for me is the pictures, I took a couple extra.

Pre-prep.

Deglazing:

The meat ready to go. (Meat is touch to photograph! Ewwww!)

All ingredients aboard!

Cooking...

and finished!

"RE: This was really good! (Lots of pics!)"
    Posted by weltek on 10-26-09 at 10:47 AM
    Very lovely! I think with the good sweet potato reviews, I need to try this again. I got a ton of sweet potatoes from our CSA last week! I did baked sweet potato, regular potato and beet chips on Friday. So yummy, but too hard to get all of them done at the same time. I needed to cut the sweet potato chips thicker to compensate for the slowness of the other two.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"Totally agree"
    Posted by Breezy on 10-26-09 at 11:03 AM
    About the sweet potato, way better with the seasonings then the regular.

"RE: This was really good! (Lots of pics!)"
    Posted by samboohoo on 11-12-09 at 05:11 PM
    You are the photo queen!!!!!

"How to bastardize Azorean Spiced Beef Stew"
    Posted by Maroonclown on 10-26-09 at 10:21 AM
    Before I begin I just want to establish that we started this club for fun purposes. The goal was to have fun, right? M'kay.

Once I got beyond all the roadblocks, I had fun with this one.

Roadblock #1 - I don't own a slow cooker

Roadblock #2 - DH hates stewing beef. As a matter of fact he hates steak, and most things beef, wth the exception of ground beef.

Roadblcok #3 - DH is Portuguese and he is from the Azores and had never heard of this dish before. He was quite surprised by the spices involved and thought it was more Moroccan than Portuguese.

Here it is:

Here is the "fun" I had.

I used chicken tenderloins (that little tender thingy that is attached to the breast) instaed of stewing beef

I used reduced salt chicken stock with a package of beef boullion thrown in for colour

I used large carrots instead of babies

I reduced the salt to 1/2 T

I actually surprised myself as this version was incredibly tasty, and although DH's face was kind of screwy at the ingrediants, he said he would ask for this again.

compliments of agman's little shoppe of siggies

"RE: How to bastardize Azorean Spiced Beef Stew"
    Posted by weltek on 10-26-09 at 10:51 AM
    Mmm, I might try this with chicken not in the slow cooker. Between that an doing sweet potatoes, I think I need to try this over next weekend.

Have you been to the Azores with your DH? I would like to go. The Azores seem like a strange, but gorgeous place.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Maroonclown on 10-26-09 at 10:54 AM
    We've not been but I've seen MIL's pictures of her many visits there and it very pretty - extremely floral.

compliments of agman's little shoppe of siggies

Posted by frodis on 10-26-09 at 11:05 AM
    Using chicken was smart. I'll bet it would be good with boneless, skinless chicken thighs, as well. The dark meat has a little more flavor to it and they're usually cheaper than the white meat tenderloins.

Your mention of ground beef made me think that it might be tasty to combine these flavors (spices, tomato, onion, tiny diced carrots and/or sweet potato) with ground beef (or ground turkey?) and use it to stuff sweet red bell peppers. Hmmm.

Scared sleepless by moonbaby!

Posted by weltek on 10-26-09 at 12:38 PM
    *drool* That sounds yummy.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by dragonflies on 11-02-09 at 12:07 PM
    I found gluten free beef stock, and had some time this weekend, so I tried it. The family loved it and said they would ask for it again! Thanks!

Posted by CTgirl on 11-12-09 at 03:43 PM
    I wasn't going to bump this but since Boo hasn't made it yet either, I decided to.

I made this yesterday. I was in the city all day so I made it before I left so I wouldn't have anything to do once I got home!

It came out really well and I enjoyed the cumin, cinnamon and allspice flavor. I used London Broil that I browned before I added it to the crockpot. I didn't like this cut of meat as well as I expected; it didn't fall apart like stew meat does but overall the flavor was really good!

I used half sweet potatoes and half baby red bliss potatoes, added a 1/2 cup of red wine with the stock and some corn starch at the end to thicken it. I don't know what possessed me to use cayenne instead of red pepper flakes, but the gravy was too spicy for me (I'm not a big spicy girl), but DH loved it and sopped up all his gravy and my left-over gravy with the bread I had bought to go with it. I froze the leftovers and DS and DH can have it some time over the holidays for lunch.

Thanks Breezy! (What is the crockpot ladies website you mentioned?)

Posted by samboohoo on 11-12-09 at 04:56 PM
    I wish I were making it right now. This weather is crappy, crappy, crappy.

I may do so this weekend unless it's time for Karchita's and then I'll just wait until next week.

"Sunday Dinner"
    Posted by samboohoo on 11-16-09 at 03:03 PM
    LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 03:05 PM (EST)

I finally made this on Sunday. It got mixed reviews in my house. I liked it. DH, in spite of eating two helpings, told me he just preferred my plain old beef stew. Perhaps he was still sore from being knocked out of a pool by picking the Steelers.

I cut the All Spice, Kosher Salt and the Cumin in half and added brown sugar. During a taste about 8 hours in, I added a little more brown sugar for a total of about 4 Tblsp. I also added the other half of the onion from Karchita's Mac recipe from Saturday night and used 3 cloves of garlic.

This is a bad time of year for tomatoes, so I used a can of diced instead of a fresh.

Normally when I think of "stew," I think of it with a thicker sauce. I didn't thicken this because I like to drink the juice. Maybe DH would have been happier if I had. Oh well.

On to pics:

Oh, and I loved the sweet potatoes!

"RE: Sunday Dinner"
    Posted by weltek on 11-16-09 at 10:07 PM
    I think you get prettiest points for this recipe, Boo. It looks very nice. You and your fancy cinnamon sticks. Bree would be proud.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by samboohoo on 11-17-09 at 09:15 AM
    LOL. The first thing I said to myself when I posted the picture was, "Oooh, you really should have cleaned up the spatter along the edges of that white plate."

Thanks! (Tkit has inspired me to take pictures. She's the Katherine to my Bree, except she's not crazy.)

Posted by thndrkttn on 11-17-09 at 10:14 AM
    Tkit has inspired me to take pictures. She's the Katherine to my Bree, except she's not crazy.

Thanks...I think?

The first thing I said to myself when I posted the picture was, "Oooh, you really should have cleaned up the spatter along the edges of that white plate."

I always try to channel my inner Chef Ramsey when plating the final product.

I love any chance I get to use my camera. The only problem with shooting in the kitchen is the light is so low this time of year and the flash always makes everything looks like it's sweaty and shiny. Blech.

Proud member of The Tribe.

Posted by frodis on 11-17-09 at 10:29 AM
    I'm having that problem with taking food pictures, too. I also have to position myself so that I'm not casting a shadow over the dish of food, which limits the angle from which I can take the picture.

My camera actually has a "food" setting. I'm not really sure what's special about it but I haven't really been happy with how the food pictures come out when I use that setting. I guess I should read the manual, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

It's an agman!

"StewBoinK"
    Posted by foonermints on 11-16-09 at 10:16 PM
    Tasty!

"swoop block"
    Posted by Max Headroom on 11-16-09 at 11:21 PM
    because the one I had earlier in the thread didn't count.

"RE: swoop block"
    Posted by foonermints on 11-16-09 at 11:43 PM
    MaxiBlocks leak?