URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 347
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who is thinking what?"

Posted by Indianakat on 08-02-06 at 09:41 PM
I can not believe that Dana was the one to go tonight. I didn't see her as a front for the band but she has more talent that several that are still there. Are we basing our votes on the outfits, looks or talent?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who is thinking what?"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 08-02-06 at 10:16 PM
Well, then who did you think should go?

I think Jill did terrible on performance night, but, like the last time she was in the bottom three, she nailed her survival song.

Getting rid of Patrice after all the talk about how brave it was for her to take the Tommy Lee song would have been crappy.

Dana has never blown me away. There's a reason she was in the bottom three. She's forgettable.

I think they made the right decision, given the bottom three in front of them.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-02-06 at 10:49 PM
You DO NOT eliminate anyone after they sing "House of the Rising Sun". Have some respect for one of the greatest songs of all time guys.

I'm actually surprised because Dana was better than Jill and Patrice.

Posted by weltek on 08-03-06 at 09:29 AM
I don't care for the song, but it was a really ambitious choice for Dana & she did well. And she handled the boot so well. You'll be missed a wee bit, Dana.

Posted by Savahnna on 08-03-06 at 10:32 AM
>You DO NOT eliminate anyone after
>they sing "House of the
>Rising Sun". Have some respect
>for one of the greatest
>songs of all time guys.

I totally agree with that being one of the greatest songs. Right up there with "Don't let me Be Misunderstood" And I thought she did a really great job with it....but I wasn't that upset with her being the one going this week.

It does seem you're as good as your very last song with them....we learned with Phil that even though he "rocked" his survival song....there was other stuff going on re: his dismissal...

This is the good part....now we're "weeding out" and it'll be a great watch for the final 5 or so.

Posted by skye on 08-02-06 at 10:55 PM
Please wait until after the show has aired on the west coast before you spoil it for those of us who hadn't watched it yet.

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." G.W. Bush

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-03-06 at 09:42 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but my opinion she had to be the one to go.

Rockstar has been good about saving the person that performed tha best on the 'boot' show. Jill was clearly the best. She really cranked that song. Still not right for the band but neither was Dana.

As for Patrice, I don't like her. I think she is Boring with a capital B. She says America don't get it.......she is the one that don't get it. We don't dig her. But she has rocked and SuperNova dug her performance with Tommy....so she should of probably stayed.

As for Dana, everything was so forced with her. I really think she was pathetic. People say she learned stuff on the show. I think she learned the wrong things. While she needed to rock more to be in SuperNova that is true, but what she needs to be is herself. She was trying so hard to fit in. House of the Raising Sun for example was so FORCED. Even her acoustic performance last week was. I liked her best when she was herself. Getting a tattoo to prove she is a rocker was the most pathetic example. WHY???? She was never going to fit in...if I had tapes of the show I would love to go back and type her comments.....and they were so out of character. Lukas said it week one...that she would get eaten up by SuperNova and that is so true. I just hope for her sake that she just forgets everything she learned on this show...and go back to just being herself. She has a nice voice...she was just miscast on this show. You got people like Josh and Jill (went up the hill to fetch a pail of water) that have been told time and again that they don't exactly fit SuperNova but they are older and know that if they try to be something they are not they will lose their best qualities. Sure they will get axed but they will showcase who they are to the national audience. If they aint right for SuperNova they are willing to except it....it is called maturity. As for Dana I feel sorry for her. She's got a tattoo wouldn't doubt she starts smoking pot after this....really sad.

Posted by ginger on 08-03-06 at 11:27 AM
I think the right choice was made (only because Obnoxious Jill excelled in the Sing for Your Life Round). Dana was sweet and has potential, but right now her trying to sing House of the Rising Sun was, to me, like Gidget Goes to Lalapalooza. I thought it was funny how choked up the judges were getting, esp. Metallica Boy.

Posted by toddE on 08-03-06 at 11:41 AM
I think I am out of sync, because I didn't think Jill sounded so hot on "Alone." Ann Wilson she's not.

Jill should have gone.

Posted by Sonicbluebird on 08-03-06 at 11:36 AM
I really thought that Patrice was the one that should have gone. She didn't do well with Tommy and I wasn't impressed with her song last night. As for her telling us we don't get her, we don't have to. She has to get us, the audience, the ones that will be buying the music and going to the concerts.

Dana wasn't right for the band, but I have enjoyed watching her progress. I would have liked to see what a few more weeks of professional voice coaching and mentoring could have done for her.

Posted by LittleFox on 08-03-06 at 11:48 AM
She got exactly what she needed from the show. Exposure and self-confidence. She was never gona win. I think she is very happy.

I just wish they would send Magni home to his family so he doesn't miss anymore of the best part of his son's life wasting time on this show that he isn't gonna win either! He can never get back that time.

*Come join the coolest club in town!:

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=20486

Posted by Savahnna on 08-03-06 at 11:54 AM
As for
>her telling us we don't
>get her, we don't have
>to. She has to
>get us, the audience, the
>ones that will be buying
>the music and going to
>the concerts.

Completely. I wonder how many ppl thought along the same lines.

"I know what I'm thinking"
Posted by geg6 on 08-03-06 at 11:47 AM
I'm thinking these tough, hard azz rock dudes are really softies inside.

They know, we know, and even Dana knows she was not going to win this thing. But she's very talented and we also all know that.

I think the guys wanted to let her go before she (and they) got any more attached and invested. This way, she's learned some really cool things and isn't too devastated to move on and really find her own way.

I thought it was adorable. *sniff*

"RE: I know what I'm thinking"
Posted by Savahnna on 08-03-06 at 11:52 AM

>I think the guys wanted to
>let her go before she
>(and they) got any more
>attached and invested.

I'd like to believe that they put that much heart and time into their decision......but I doubt it.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-03-06 at 11:49 AM
Dana is really talented and I've enjoyed her vocals throughout the competition, but watching her "try" to be a rocker was really just painful and pathetic. I didn't like watching her "try" to change herself. It was just plain wrong. This was not the show for her, so she needed to go.

Unfortunately, I was really hoping Jill would have been bounced last night. I didn't think she deserved a standing O. Yes, it was better than most of her performances, because she kept the screaming to a minimum. I really think Jill should have been booted this week and Dana next.

Oh, well. I guess the boys want to keep their whipping post for one more week.

Patrice is on a thin rope right now. I'm surprised she wasn't sent home being in the bottom 3 even with performing with T-Lee. THAT should have been enough to send her packing. She bores me, but doesn't annoy me.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by LisaPles on 08-03-06 at 11:54 AM
I think Dana deserved to go, if only for the lame tattoo. Just kidding, but really, the group is not going to choose Dana, Jill or Patrice to front their band. Considering that, it doesn't matter to me in which order they go. I do think Jill should have gone home first because I can't stand to hear her screech out another song. She does deserve two thumbs up for her rockin body.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 08-03-06 at 05:12 PM
I agree 100%. I never bought that she was a true 'rocker' but DAMM that girl could sing. She should have saved her shot for Idol (wonder if she ever auditioned). She is adoarable, talented and very marketable - but she did not wear the faux-goth well IMHO.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Posted by Glow on 08-03-06 at 11:51 AM
I think she was the obvious choice to go. IMO, she was the least talented there. She gained some fans and learned some things. So that's great for her. This was her first time in the bottom three. I believe they were waiting for that. They know Jill will be there again.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Posted by nailbone on 08-03-06 at 12:16 PM
I didn't see her as a front for the band

That's the key, right there. There are really only 3 (like Dave said Tuesday) that have what they're looking for and the rest are just filler to get to that point. So it was Dana this week. It'll be Patrice next week, then Jill, or whatever order.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by bullzeye on 08-03-06 at 07:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-06 AT 07:28 PM (EST)

So which "three" is it? Lukas, Dilana, and Storm seem to be the obvious - anyone else in that category?

ETA: Sorry NB - just saw the thread you started on that very subject!

Posted by true on 08-05-06 at 01:55 PM
She had no chance of making this group, so it really doesn't matter when she goes. IMO, she had one of the best voices in the competition, she just wasn't right for this particular group.

Posted by Christina2439 on 08-05-06 at 02:54 PM
I am with you. I would have preferred that Jill or even Patrice go. I don't think any of them should win of course but of the three I thought Jill or Patrice should have been booted before Dana. JMO though. I looked forward more to Dana's performances than the other two. I just wish Zyra (sp?) had been in the bottom three and been booted.