URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 344
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"My Opinion about the Average Joe"

Posted by Timer on 02-26-04 at 00:48 AM
I watched the first Average Joe, and it held my interest. The promos for the second show got me hooked as well. Why? Marissa! I've been attracted to her the whole time, even more so than the girl in the first one, what's her name. However, as the show wore on I kept saying to myself, "this is going on too long."

I was upset that I missed the last episode, after having invested so much time in the series, but these are my thoughts about this particular reality show.

1. I don't believe it. I don't believe that Marissa cares about any of these guys, and that she is just playing to the camera. She knows there is a career in it for her. So what difference does it make who she picks anyway? It's not like they are going to get married or anything, right?

2. I think having a bunch of big geeky fat guys on a show like this has run its course. It's not fair to the girl, and it certainly isn't fair to any of the guys. We've seen that premise twice now, so in my opinion twice is enough.

3. I'm not as attracted to Marissa as I was in the beginning. I mean come on, she'll make out with anybody. I wish I would have seen the latest episode. From reading all the posts I guess dumb blonde applies to guys as well as girls.

4. Marissa is to into herself, but I like her. She seems bright enough, and I like some of her artwork. She's an OK girl. If she can get a career out of this, then good for her.

5. Even if Brian gets picked, then what? Poor Brian.

6. No more Average Joe's. The show is too contrived.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"LArissa not MArissa"
Posted by heracane on 02-26-04 at 07:25 AM
just a friendly correction

"RE: My opinion... Average JOanne."
Posted by Merrydol on 02-26-04 at 12:49 PM
I agree. No more average joe's.
And does anyone else get tired of the "Beauty(woman) and the beast(man)" thing?
Let's turn it around... how about an Average Joanne?
What do you think?