URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 342
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"How will the post show publicity be handled?"

Posted by ladro on 02-24-04 at 08:21 PM
After Average Joe 1 ("The Deification of Adam"), Mellonhead and Jason Storm made the usual talk show apperances. The apperances were something of a debacle, since most people had grown to hate Meltorme and Stormy. Assuming the Himbo wins, how will they handle the post show apperances differently this time? My guess is that there will be few if any post show apperances, since there is no planned AJ3.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: How will the post show publicity be handled?"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-24-04 at 09:39 PM
I'd agrue that there's actually always post-show appearances for any hit reality show star regardless if there's a sequel coming... but regardless, there *IS* an AJ3 coming -- it's called "Adam's Return" and it starts in a few weeks.

I heard a report that there's even a FLOM3 coming this summer, so I'm also fully expecting NBC to try another "real" Average Joe series -- the show's done a hell of a lot better than what NBC was previously doing in the 10PM timeslot versus CSI Miami -- and it's cheap.

-SB

Posted by ladro on 02-24-04 at 10:19 PM
gawd, they actually followed though with their threat to film "Adam's Return'. I hope they make Stubble shave this time.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-24-04 at 10:42 PM
Yep, it starts March 15:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2156

How could you have missed the funny "you... have... three... million... messages..." skit they've been running while promoting the series during the last few weeks of AJ2???

Posted by MTW1961 on 02-25-04 at 01:59 PM
>>How could you have missed the
>funny "you... have... three... million...
>messages..." skit they've been running
>while promoting the series during
>the last few weeks of
>AJ2???

One word: TiVo

RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section - Marketing VP

Posted by ladro on 02-26-04 at 05:25 PM
I don't have TIVO. The truth is, I have only seen 75 minutes of AJ2. And even when I am 'watching" I am usually online, so I kind of zone out the commercials.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 02-26-04 at 12:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-04 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

As for after show Pub. I think they will not have 'the couple' together. They might have Larissa and might have Brian but they filmed this thing way too long ago. I think they broke up long ago, whether it be Brian or Gil.

Posted by Howard Dean on 02-28-04 at 07:30 PM

Maybe not .... Then again, Melana and Stormie has already broken up, but that didn't keep them from appearing on Jay Leno the next night. We'll see

>As for after show Pub.
>I think they will not
>have 'the couple' together.
>They might have Larissa and
>might have Brian but they
>filmed this thing way too
>long ago. I think
>they broke up long ago,
>whether it be Brian or
>Gil.