URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 342
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Let's examine Keith's role"

Posted by CDawg3 on 09-24-03 at 00:48 AM
Poor Dave. He has been bullied by every single person there. I don't think Dave created this. Keith brought up that Dave would have voted off Scott before him, and asked Dave to confirm.
Keith was trying to manipulate Dave into alienating himself from Scott. He did it again when he told Dave to go to Scott and admit that he'd vote Scott off first, or he'd tell him some really awful stuff.

Then Keith is approaching Scott about Dave.

So when Dave is talking to Holly he plays the game the way he sees Keith playing it. He's giving Holly the confidence that Keith appears to be doing to Scott.

I don't think Dave would of started with Holly if Keith didn't with Scott.

So I think at the end of the night, when Dave is talking about rejection, I think Keith's betrayal weighs heavy on him, and he looks pretty defeated.

I don't think Dave is the bad guy in this, and if Dave does get voted off then Keith won't advance with Dave on a jury.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Let's examine Keith's role"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 09-24-03 at 01:54 AM
CDawg, are you just rejoining when you can't remember your password?? Or have three people decided to have the same user name - CDawg, CDawg2, CDawg3....

Anyway, I'm not feeling very sorry for Dave right now. He knew that Scott and Holly liked him. He didn't need to start campaigning with Scott. Dave should have said that he couldn't imagine booting Keith, but he feels that Scott is a real friend and he should have left it at that. AND he should NOT have made his promise to Holly, "You're not going home." THAT was not necessary.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by So_Opinionated on 09-24-03 at 02:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-03 AT 02:10 AM (EST)

I've been reading messages for weeks and this is my first entry so be kind.

Keith will more than likely pick Dave & Charla but Dave is no longer to be TRUSTED.

Dave was a huge disappointment tonight. After weeks of people on this board backing Dave due to his integrity Dave shows us all that he is willing to lie and backstab to win. I am no longer on Dave's side and Scott was right when he said . "I understand why the originals were so mad at Dave" Dave initated the sttempt to get next to Scott and Holly and he was willing to stab Keith in the back to do so....That is why Dave appeared so depressed. Tonight we saw a different side to dave and IMHO I believe Dave would have voted off Keith over Scott. When all is said and done...Dave is a very jealous man and would rather see Scott win before Keith. Let us not allow his previous image to mask what was seen tonight. Dave was BUSTED!!!!!!

Posted by Chrissy gal on 09-24-03 at 02:20 AM
Welcome to the P-Ho boards, So_Opinionated. I'm always kind to people who agree with me!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by hatestupidpeople on 09-24-03 at 08:09 AM
I was very mad at Dave. I was even more pissed when he said to Tara that she was never his 2 and if she thought that he was sorry. Scott said he would back pedle and he did. For a minute there he reminded me of rainman.

I can see he was trying to play the game but he likes to make promises that he doesn't keep. Remember when he told Beau he would not kick him off again and he did. When he told the group he would go with their decision and he ended up making up his mind for himself. It is one thing to play the game but you need to watch what you say. He could have beat around the bush with Holly without actually saying that she was safe. That is where he messed up.

I was mad with Charla too. Did you notice that she had nothing to say. If she and Tara were such good friends then she should have at the least been mad at Dave for that.

Why does Dave keep putting himself out there with Charla. I kinda fell sorry for him cause she just wants to be friends and he wants so much more. Didn't he learn from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... rejetion from her.

This will be interesting to see how the game works out. If Keith gets rid of Dave and Charla and they bring back the old guest members to determine the winner then Holly and Scott will win for sure. If he picks Dave and Charla then he and Tara may have a chance to win cause the old people can't stand Keith and Tara but I think that they hate Dave and Charla.

I am however glad to see Amy gone. It was surprising to see how one minute they show them arguing and the next they are all partying together. I noticed her at Tara's party but a few nights ago she couldn't stand to sit at the table with her.

OK enough of my ranting for now. LOL

Posted by Lahela on 09-24-03 at 12:55 PM
Dave never told Beau he wouldn't kick him off again. He DID however say he was sorry for the way things went down and that he was sorry for letting eveyrone else make up his mind for him. He should have made his own decision. He never once said that he would never kick him off again. Not once did that phrase ever come out of his mouth. Now..he sort of "implied" it by what he was saying, but he never actually said that. He made beau feel safe with him without making him false promises...he was playing the game.

Now he DID lie to Holly about her not having anything to worry about and what he said at Pandora's box was all strategy. Unfortunately he was lying then too to make Scott take his side. But alas....do we forget that Scott chose Dave as his rival when they had to write down their allys and rivals? I seem to remember that quite vividly. Scott is backstabbing just as much...just in a secretive way cause he never had to announce who he wrote down as his rival. He DID in fact chose Dave. Scott is playing the game too and trying to manipulate. He too went to Charla and tried to be all buddy buddy with her after telling the origiHo's that he wanted Charla gone. Holly...well..she wants Tara gone...so neither Holly or Scott can be trusted cause they both have it out for the barbies!

So anyway..my rambling has taken me to my point...I think. Anyway...Keith and Dave were BOTH scheming...Dave just went about it the WRONG way. Keith should know better...Dave will always chose him over Scott. When they all got together in Dave and Charla's room Dave finally admitted that it was a lie and that he would always have Keith's back. Let's hope Keith was listening and does the right thing....sends Scott and Holly packing! Good riddance!

Posted by lovethisreality on 09-24-03 at 03:50 PM
Oh Yeah!!!! way to put it. Absolutely!!! my sentiments exactly. I was soooo disappointed in DAve last night. I think he did feel bad which is why he exploded his confession which showed me that there still was an ounce of decency there still. Well said. I am now routing for Keith but I am also routing for Charla so I am really torn.

"RE: Keith's important role"
Posted by RollDdice on 09-25-03 at 01:57 PM
Welcome, So_Opinionated.

I agree with Dave's integrity taking a serious hit. It is one thing to play the game and another to backstab for no reason. Telling Hollow that she and Snott were "safe"? -- Dave went completely over the cliff. However, I don't believe D would vote for Snott over Keith-- the Charbie bond is too strong.

But getting back to the name of this thread, Keith's role is to thrash these things out face-to-face instead of behind closed doors (says a lot about him) and manage the "power" he has at the moment.

Your Official Croupier At The Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

Posted by Cin on 09-24-03 at 08:46 AM
Dave way over analyzed everything last night. They had a good chance of them making it to the final 4 and he should have just let things go how they were going to go. He slighted Keith and Tara without having to.

I don't blame Charla for not saying much really, I think she was a bit shocked at the stuff she found out, I really don't think she knew what all Dave has been telling people. And I did hear her say to everyone when they left to vote however they felt they should.

I like Dave, and I would like for him and Charla to make it to the final 4. but I don't feel sorry for him, he over played his game and now it's coming back to bite him in the ass.

Cin

Posted by jkokoj on 09-24-03 at 09:26 AM
Lots of stress and tension last night. I think the whole Dave/Keith thing was hard to watch and uneccessary. Keith should have realized that Dave was stategizing and not taken things so personally. On the flip side Dave should have been more honest with Keith and told him that he (Dave) was just working Holly and Scott and that Keith/Tara have nothing to worry about. Dave just over thought everything and it came back and bit him.

What I found disappointing is are Barbie group falling apart and distrusting eachother. They should have stayed together to the end and not let Holly/Scott work them over. HOLLY HAS NEVER TRIED TO BE THEIR FRIENDS! Holly said to Keith last night "your precious Charla!" That should have been and indication right there about her feelings.

Lets face it, Amy and gang (if still there) would be throwing it in their faces who was going home and would not care about "friendships" and "being a man"!

Stay true to your friends who sided with you and stood by you when the originals were acting like idiots.

I blame both Dave and Keith. I really think by the reactions in the previews that Keith chooses Scott/Holly.

Posted by CDawg3 on 09-24-03 at 10:28 AM
It looks like I am a minority.
First, I think he picks Dave. I think his discomfort is due to the pressure Scott's put on him. Keith knows he was going to pick Dave but he brought the lynch mob to Dave's room. Now, with the proof of Dave playing the game, he still picks Dave. It was a dumb move, and that's why he's uncomfortable.

Second, Keith put Dave in this spot. Keith played the game by saying let's be honest, Dave would have kept me over you. Why did he need to say it? To alienate Dave from Scott, and then he lobbies Scott about how hard Dave is playing. I truly believe that Keith spun this web, and masterfully played it that Dave was doing it all. Dave is the geek that had to play, longer than Keith, to be here this long. And now his 1 alliance partner is playing him. What was Dave to do?

In reality, 1 of their alliance partners was going to advance. I wish they just enjoyed themselves and let the chips fall. They beat the originals, and I wish that led to contentment.

Posted by managerr on 09-24-03 at 12:01 PM
First, I think he picks Dave. I think his discomfort is due to the pressure Scott's put on him. Keith knows he was going to pick Dave but he brought the lynch mob to Dave's room. Now, with the proof of Dave playing the game, he still picks Dave. It was a dumb move, and that's why he's uncomfortable.
Second, Keith put Dave in this spot. Keith played the game by saying let's be honest, Dave would have kept me over you. Why did he need to say it? To alienate Dave from Scott, and then he lobbies Scott about how hard Dave is playing. I truly believe that Keith spun this web, and masterfully played it that Dave was doing it all. Dave is the geek that had to play, longer than Keith, to be here this long. And now his 1 alliance partner is playing him. What was Dave to do?

**Your analysis is kind of right, but you're missing that the point that it was Dave that started the first blow. First Dave asked the question to Tara to put her on the spot, and then he started cozying up to Scott to evict Keith just in case he had the power. That was actually fine with Keith, he understood he was playing the game. But he also told Dave that he was going to expose to Scott what the truth was unless Dave made it better. Dave refused to do so and Keith was *forced* to tip Dave's hand and expose his lies. Keith put Dave in his spot yes, but Dave put Keith into a position to do what he had to do as well--cover his @ss in case Scott or Holly had the power. It actually isn't personal to Keith--he's playing the game just as much to anyone else. It was Dave who didn't think Keith would call his bluff and expose the truth to Scott and Holly. Keith had to continue to play them in order to make sure he had the power to evict and not Dave.

Similarly, I don't think Charla is playing Dave. Rejection is a lot easier when you aren't forced to see the person you want 24 hours a day. Dave can't get away from Charla and it's making him nuts.

Posted by CDawg3 on 09-24-03 at 03:27 PM
managerr - I saw it differently. Now we don't know that Dave did write the question to Tara. Keith said he did. Also, I don't get why Dave would write that question. We know Amy is going home. Why would Dave want to strengthen Tara's position with Holly?

But at the same Pandora's box came Keith's interjection about how Dave would vote Scott off before Keith. I don't think Keith did that in retaliation.

And I thought Keith started talking to Scott first. But I fast forward through all the black and white scenes, so maybe I missed something.

But in the end, editing could have created all of this. Quite honestly I am surprised at the level tehy took it to, after being ganged up on the entire show.

And, I wonder if Keith has the mindset that you were either with us or against us, and have it in the back of his mind that Scott is one of the evil ones.

Posted by managerr on 09-24-03 at 06:18 PM
"managerr - I saw it differently. Now we don't know that Dave did write the question to Tara. Keith said he did. Also, I don't get why Dave would write that question. We know Amy is going home. Why would Dave want to strengthen Tara's position with Holly?"

Tara confronted Dave about this and she didn't deny it. She also explained his motivation. Amy was going--that's why Dave wanted to pit Tara against Amy--because just in case that Amy got to take someone with her, she would go after Tara and not Charla. Tara wasn't pissed at Dave but thought it was a low blow.

"But in the end, editing could have created all of this. Quite honestly I am surprised at the level tehy took it to, after being ganged up on the entire show. "

I agree it was one big blowup and it waas mainly in the editing.

"And, I wonder if Keith has the mindset that you were either with us or against us, and have it in the back of his mind that Scott is one of the evil ones."

He absolutely had that mindset. It didn't occur to him to play strategy with Scott because that would be going against Dave--and he would not do that to one of his allies first. That's why he was so pissed. But note that he never doubted Dave's loyalty. Just that Dave stooped down to a level he didn't expect Dave to do.

Posted by So_Opinionated on 09-24-03 at 06:27 PM
CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!!

Posted by lovethisreality on 09-24-03 at 03:55 PM
No its the other way around. DAve put Keith in this position. Why did Dave pretend that he would pick Scott over Keith, so that Scott would pick them over Keith. He sold out his friend to win and its as simple as that. it is the principle of the matter. I think for Keith it was like this. win or not win--he wanted to know what was more important to Dave to keep Keith as a friend due to his shown loyalty (which almost disappeared entirely yesterday) or win the money in any way it took. Remember that they were very close friends. Tara wouldn't do what dave did to Keith and if she had it would have been unforgiveable. As Keith said, it hurt his feelings that Dave would denounce his buddy Keith to get ahead. It was wrong. Dave knew it. Everybody knew it. Yes you are in the minority and maybe you just missed it altogether. I think if you stepped away from the tv even for a second and came back in the middle of it you may have not fully understood why Keith and everyone else was so upset.

Posted by ash1227 on 09-24-03 at 11:08 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-03 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

So here is my opinion...

I believe that the entire time Fox has wanted to give its viewers what they want...and that is a good and happy ending. They have not wavered from this strategy at all. Without all the "twists and turns", the Barbies would have been dead long ago.

So last night we come down to three couples. Each person must decide on one person who will have the power to vote off one of the couples, but they can't vote for themselves or their partner. This is absolutely perfect for the Barbies. If they vote for one another and Scott and Holly have no choice but to vote for any one of them, they (Barbies) advance to the next level...hands down. At first I was disappointed in Dave and Keith for becoming so competitive and not clueing into this jewel, but now I suspect they might be playing a strategy with Scott. They are some pretty intelligent people so its hard to imagine they couldn't figure this out.

I don't think we should underestimate the power of editing on behalf of Fox. They show only the conflict between Dave and Keith. They want us to worry they fab four won't make it to the finals...that is what keeps the show interesting.

Ultimately, I think the Fox strategy...which is what this show is all about...is to have the fab four in the finals, then bring back castoffs to make final decision which they will hate because they don't like any of the Barbies. Its the ultimate payback for their bad behavior. This will appease the viewers and help sponsor the next installment of Paradise.

By the way, did anyone notice how hard Tara and Charla were laughing when Amy went to hug Keith. It was so freakin absurd! Why in the world would she hug this guy when all she has done is give him grief. I also especially loved all the clips that played as she said goodbye to each person. How could you watch that and not think you look like a total idiot?!?!?!

Posted by MTW1961 on 09-24-03 at 12:44 PM
Okay, here's my $0.02.

First of all, I think Dave's comments to Holly may have been the liquor talking. Also, being alone with a hottie like Holly can make a not-hot guy like Dave do and say some things he would not otherwise say.

That said, Dave was STUPID not to denounce his own actions and proclaim loyalty to Keith and Tara; especially after he KNEW that one of his final four would have the power!

But I also think there was some discussion between Dave and Keith that we didn't see. Otherwise, Dave would have preferred to give Tara the power, knowing she would have a harder time voting against Charla than Keith would. I think Dave and Keith reconciled matters privately and Dave affirmed this by giving Keith the power.

Posted by Lahela on 09-24-03 at 01:10 PM
Dave DID announce (finally ...after much discussion amongs the entire group) that he was on Keith's side and always would be. When everyone came up to Dave & Charla's room and after everyone had said their bit and Scott tried to play Mr.High & mighty and Keith ranted and raved and Tara said some things I'm sure she wants to take back..Dave did finally jump across the bed and said that his loyalties were with Keith and Tara and they always were. He tried to play it off and just could take it (at least that's how I saw it...that Dave couldn't keep up the charade cause he was hurting his friends). I'm guessing a few people missed that whole thing cause he DID tell them that while HOlly and Scott were still there.

Posted by MTW1961 on 09-24-03 at 05:38 PM
Now that you mention, I do remember this part (it was getting late when I watched it, and I had the sound down very low. I would be embarassed if my wife knew I watched cr@p this bad).

Still, it was a desparate last ditch effort, and by itself, I don't think it would have given Keith a high level of security.

Also, why do they all let Scott get away with the high and mighty bit? At least Keith called him on it last night, but I'm surprised that Dave didn't say something.

Posted by love2smile on 09-24-03 at 03:26 PM
Poor Dave?? More like poor Keith who is just now realizing what a liar Dave is. I'm glad he came down on Dave. Keith had every right to take it personally, IMHO. Dave played the game ALOT like the originals, with the exception of carring on like a caged animal...

Posted by ugibugi on 09-24-03 at 05:40 PM
I do not think that Keith thinks Dave is a liar. I think that Keith knows perfectly well that Dave did tell a lie to Scott in an attempt to play the game. Ok, he lied, but that does not make him a "liar." That incident of poor game playing does not define him as a person.

As I discussed on another thread, Dave and Keith were both playing up to Scott last night just in case Scott (or Holly) got the power. They know they are safe with each other, they were not sure of their standing with Scott. Unfortunately, the goals of the two barbie couples last night conflicted when it came to appeasing Scott. That was sure to cause tension. And, in this battle for Scotts approval, Keith out played Dave. I think Dave realized it and that was part of his depression. He had played the game so well to that point and he slipped up, I think he realized that Keith was capitalizing on it and there was really no way out.

Between Keith and Dave I really do not think there is any hard feelings. They both are there playing the game and they both knew that at some point they would be at odds with each other. It hurts to have to play against a person you feel is your friend, but that is what it takes to win.

Keith will choose Dave and Charla. In spite of the turmoil of this end game, they are friends and have fought successfully to get to this point. Keith really has no reason to choose Scott what so ever.

Posted by love2smile on 09-25-03 at 05:42 PM
My biggest problem with Dave is that he feels that he can lie (yes I think he is a liar AND a hypocrite, sorry) and scheme and "play the game" (as he puts it), but he gets pissed when other people do it or do it better than him (at some point). I'm sorry, but I just don't like him and I have been waiting for the day when he would put Keith and Tara in a position like this so that they stop thinking that he is some kind of God.

I am not a fan of Keith by any means. I think his ego is as big as Zacks but without the juvinille behavior. But I actually felt BAD for Keith. Dave treated him awful, and I think if push came to shove, Dave would sell them out to save his own butt (while Charla rides in on his coattails).

With the execption of a week or so, I personally consider Dave one of the originals. Dave (IMHO) has played the game like them, except he doesn't find the need to behave like a caged animal (I'll give him points for that one).

I know Keith will probably choose Dave & Charla, but I would LOOOOOOOOVE to see the look on their faces if he picked Scott & Holly. Now THAT would be entertainment!

Posted by andrew_42 on 09-25-03 at 08:56 PM

>I think that Keith knows
>perfectly well that Dave did
>tell a lie to Scott
>in an attempt to play
>the game. Ok, he lied,
>but that does not make
>him a "liar."

If you're referring to incident in pandora's box where Dave said that he could have kicked Keith off, I didn't perceive this as a lie. I don't think that he ever said that he would kick Keith out over Scott, just that he could have kicked anyone out and gave thought (no matter how small) to kicking each guy out.

Posted by superstepmom1 on 09-25-03 at 01:52 PM
How about Keith and Dave planned this whole charade so that Scott and Holly's votes would swing to Keith or Tara so they could vote off Scott and Holly, leaving the Fab Four as the Final Four? Makes "game playing" sense.

If this has been mentioned, sorry. The threads here are getting "busy" so I am having trouble reading EVERYTHING that everyone has said.

Posted by CDawg3 on 09-25-03 at 02:43 PM
Reading everyone's posts and hearing Dave's interview, I think Dave put his foot in his mouth, and Keith embarassed him for it. I think Keith is playing. But I moved past my initial thoughts that an injury occurred and it began with Keith.

I now think that Dave hurt himself and looked stupid. And editing made it seem like Dave's a monster that everyone needs to kill.

Now I can't think why Keith would kick Dave out.

What makes it interesting is that Dave and Keith aren't power guys. They don't punish anyone, or rub their nose when they get the power.

Posted by Dres on 09-25-03 at 03:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-03 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

Dave and Keith are still allies. Dave had a perfect opportunity to let Scott know that Keith wanted Dave to take out "the top dog" a few weeks ago. That would've undercut Keith's statement about being honest and upfront with Scott, but Dave didn't say a word about that.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 09-25-03 at 03:16 PM
Good point Dres, Keith was the one really pushing for a Scott boot. It seemed like Dave had at least a few minutes to prepare for Keith going to Scott, so if Dave really wanted to make Keith look bad he could have come up with some ideas.

Chrissy gal

Posted by terigirl on 09-25-03 at 06:44 PM
Isn't that where they all started to get a little mad at Charla for not letting Tara know the whole plan and then Alex got booted instead of Scott (who Keith wanted out)? Dave definitely would have said something about Keith's being so sneaky and plotting against him like that, if he had been truly under fire. I mean wouldn't you? I think it was all set up now. IMHO.

Charla could have even said something to take the pressure off her partner.

Yeah, its so set up. I still love every minute of it though...LOL