URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 341
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Is Randall a Jerk or What??"

Posted by RealityOne on 12-15-05 at 11:03 PM
Well is he?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Is Randall a Jerk or What??"
Posted by byoffer on 12-15-05 at 11:19 PM
I don't know if I would call him a jerk, but he did not win tonight.

He has the best education and probably better business skills, and he got the job. So he won that.

But Rebecca totally out-classed him tonight. She kept a positive mind about everything. She was competitive, without going overboard. She was strong, but she never tried to dis Randal. Her response to the "too much education" question was very good.

And then at the end, Randal made a very bad business decision for Donald. Trump org is huge, and as with almost every good organization, depends on good people. If his ego was too big to let her get hired also then he is the wrong choice for the job.

He would have still been the Apprentice, and Trump Org would have been stronger. Now he just looks like a bad winner.

Just my $0.02.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

"PS"
Posted by byoffer on 12-15-05 at 11:20 PM
If I might just add, Alla is the jerk.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

Posted by MasterTech on 12-15-05 at 11:19 PM
UUUUFFFF...

Yeah, I was really kinda pissed that Randal couldn't be humble enough to say that Rebecca would be an asset.

I was thinking that Donald might have the chutzpah to hire both since they've both been outstanding... I wrote it on another site just as the show started... and I was certain he was going to do it. I'm a bit surprised that he let it lie after Randal's opinion... he is the boss, after all, and could hire anyone he wanted.

"Trump is the Jerk!"
Posted by ARnutz on 12-15-05 at 11:26 PM
He's the one that posed the question on live TV not knowing what the reaction would be.

Don't blame a reality show DAW who just won a freakin' game show and was put on the spot!

I wouldn't hire Rebecca either!

"RE: Trump is the Jerk!"
Posted by DooWahDitty on 12-15-05 at 11:30 PM
Agreed. It sounds like he was just caught up in the moment.

"Two Wrongs Dont Make a Right"
Posted by idiotcowboy on 12-15-05 at 11:45 PM
Randal is an #####hole, which has nothing to do with Donald it has to do with himself.

-ICB

Posted by shanana banana on 12-15-05 at 11:34 PM
NO.

Trump didn't have the balls to break tradition himself and hire them both, and instead let Randall take the fall as the bad guy tonight.

Trump tarnished the ending of an otherwise spectacular season.

Posted by Master B on 12-15-05 at 11:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-05 AT 11:44 PM (EST)

I think that was a low class move on Trump and Burnett's part.

If they wanted to change the rules and hire two, fine do it.

If Randall says don't hire her, everyone call him an a$$. Have some balls Trump.

Posted by tn_peachie on 12-16-05 at 00:18 AM
Yes he is and he really looked like one.

Posted by tumtum on 12-16-05 at 00:30 AM
He said no because he had some sort of problem with her (Rebecca), that we probably did not see. He was being nice when he said there is only one Apprentice.

Posted by Reality432423 on 12-16-05 at 03:48 AM
Are you guys kidding me, Trump is a Jerk in this one? Randall and pretty everyone knew what was happening. Trump even asked both contestants what job they wanted. He asked that not to be a conflict.

Randall knew Trump was hiring Rebecca also. He made his choice there.

Heaven Forbid it's impossible that's it's Randalls fault. That just can't be true.

Posted by volsfan on 12-16-05 at 08:53 AM
Randall knew Trump was hiring Rebecca also.

I have to disagree here. If Trump was going to hire Rebecca, he would have hired Rebecca! Trump has too big of an ego to not hire someone he wants to hire.

Posted by Glass on 12-16-05 at 09:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

Man, I dunno...

My only reaction, and I can't get past it, is that I just don't get it.

There's discussion in the episode thread about the Golden Edit they both received, which leads the viewer to believe that there's absolutely no reason that they shouldn't both be hired. But maybe Randall wasn't as impressed with Rebecca as he seemed on TV? Maybe he really did think she was just too young?

I have a lot of trouble accepting Randall's "Only One" explanation. It just doesn't make any sense to me to weaken Trump org. by denying Trump a spectacular employee like the one the viewers saw on the last task. I don't get it. Maybe there was discussion of hiring her AFTER the show, based on "apprenticeship" semantics?

Call me naive, but I can't help but think that there HAS to be a better reason behind Randall's decision than the one he gave on TV. This is a guy with 5 degrees and who runs multi-million dollar businesses, I KNOW he has to recognize talent when he sees it. I mean, he's in business consulting. You'd think a guy like that would put Trump's interests ahead of his own ego.

And for everybody who resents Trump in this episode, I think it was fine for him to put Randall in this position. This is not a Survivor winner here, this is a guy who WANTS to be in high-pressure environments and wants to be in a position to make huge, huge decisions. If you can't handle the things that Trump does or the decisions he makes, don't go be his Apprentice. But if you're Randall, this is what you wanted.

-Glass