URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 338
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"East Coast Discussion Thread 8/1"

Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:03 PM
Let's discuss tonight's performances here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Patrice - Higher Ground"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:11 PM
Patrice's hair has wet cat syndrome. She was okay. I still think she's a little boring.

Tommy go bang bang yum yum.

"RE: Patrice - Higher Ground"
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:13 PM
Wet cat - was that what her problem was? LOL

Posted by skye on 08-01-06 at 08:14 PM
I got more of a Foghorn Leghorn vibe. Maybe it was the rooster hair.

Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:20 PM
*snort*

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 10:56 PM
In the beginning Patrice was on the top of my list, not the very top, but at least top 5, but her position is falling, at least with me. I honestly wasn't all that impressed with her performance and I don't feel like she changes it up. Singers can stay true to themself yet offer something slightly new with each song. She is just becoming boring for me and the voice seems to be lacking.

"Patrice up first"
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:12 PM
This really didn't do it for me. I don't know why, but I just didn't 'believe' in this performance.

"RE: Patrice up first"
Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 09:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-06 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

I was surprised at the positive performance reviews from Dave and the Band. The music was great, her vocals were good, the performance was basically non existent.

She just walked around the stage with no urgency or energy. For such an uptempo version of the song to seem so lacksidasical (sp?) I found odd.

"RE: Patrice up first"
Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 12:24 PM
I didn't mind Patrice this week if I closed my eyes. But I hated her look. She reminded me of punk boy not a rocker chick.

"RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 8/1"
Posted by skye on 08-01-06 at 08:12 PM
My my my.

Supernova is so self-congratulatory. It's hilarious. I'm surprised that they don't come out wearing "I'm with awesome" t-shirts every week.

"Josh - Santoria"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:14 PM
Never heard this song. I think he's okay with this. He definitely seems more comfortable. The hip-hop moves and reggae beat are definitely not SuperNova, so I'm confused as to why they chose this song. In spite of that, it fits Josh.

"RE: Josh - Santoria"
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:20 PM
I'm with Tommy on this one. Definitely put me in mind of being on the beach with a fruity drink.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 09:48 PM

I'm not a big fan of this song or Sublime in particular. He did pretty well with it. I agree that it is not Supernova at all. Josh's refusal to rock out or compromise should have him heading for the exit soon I think.

Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:07 PM
and that's why he did it. Because it fits him.

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 10:57 PM
Sometimes I like Josh and sometimes I don't. I guess it's because I really don't picture him being a part of this band. I think his best bet would be to remain in the running just to get more recognition and hopefully strike a solo record deal. He definately has talent and I did enjoy this performance.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 12:27 PM
I think Josh is very talented. And I think this song was a great choice for him. He did it great. But... it is not the type of song that SN will be performing. And it's not really my taste either. But I think he did a great job of it for that type of audience.

Posted by Iam_Xtreme on 08-03-06 at 10:12 AM
After watching the performances on the website (I missed most of the show), I have to say that I loved Josh! I think he did a great job on the song.

I know that he seems to stay in his comfort zone and in the end that might hurt him but he sings very well in his comfort zone.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

"Dilana - Can't Get Enough"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:17 PM
Ugh. One of those overplayed radio songs.

She's too growly and deep. She is sounding a lot like Sass Jordan.

But she's fun to watch, and she gets the crowd moving.

Navarro and Newsted give standing O.

"RE: Dilana - Can't Get Enough"
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:19 PM
The growly and deep is what I like about her.

I'm digging the pants. If only I had the body to wear something like that.

Posted by sweetcprcrn2 on 08-01-06 at 09:05 PM
If she wins, I would actually pay to go see Supernova. Others....? Probably not!

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 10:58 PM
I can't get enough of Dilana!!! I love this lady. Her stage performance, her voice, her look everything!! NO matter what she has sung it is all good. I love Dilana!!!

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 12:30 PM
I seem to have fallen off the Dilana train. I liked her sooo much the first couple weeks. But now I am actually getting bored with her. It's almost like it was the shock value that attracted me at first. But now it's nothing new every week.

"Mmmmmmm..."
Posted by HistoryDetective on 08-01-06 at 08:22 PM
Toby ...

"Toby - Pennyroyal Tea"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:24 PM
Gets the chick vote by slow dancing with the audience chicks.

He sounds good, he looks good, but he's not memorable. He doesn't stand out.

"RE: Toby - Pennyroyal Tea"
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:28 PM
I think I'm just going to start following you, Frisky, and just say ditto to everything you say.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 08-01-06 at 08:29 PM
Ahem. Head back over to my blog and keep saying ditto to everything I say!

If neither of you wants Toby, I'll take him.

Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:31 PM
Oh, I *want* Toby, but not for his singing performance.

(And I had to stop taking the quizzes on your blog before I became confused.)

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 10:58 PM
Yeah, I feel the same way, I don't see the big to do with him.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 12:32 PM
I want to like Toby. But he bores me. There is no passion there. It is like he goes through the motions. But I don't believe it. Too Bad. He is fun to look at. But I wouldn't pay to see him in concert.

"Zayda - 8675309/Jenny"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:27 PM
More Zayda technospacy music.

How bizarre. She looks like a bat with that cape on. *licks chops*

She is friggin wacko.

The band is speechless! LMAO!

"RE: Zayda - 8675309/Jenny"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 08-01-06 at 08:27 PM
WTF was that?

Can I borrow the costume for Halloween?!

Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:32 PM
She's, like, goth or something. And I think I just insulted the goth movement.

I can't wait to hear what the band says. I hope Loree can tell us what REALLY happened at the taping.

Dave: you change it up every week, it's different.

Gilby: vocals are off, want to see what you do.

Tommy: has blow up kiddy pool in dressing room, wants to wrestle, Dave says he's good! LOL!

Posted by HistoryDetective on 08-01-06 at 08:33 PM
She's, like, goth or something. And I think I just insulted the goth movement.

Yes, yes you did. She's something, that's for sure, but not goth.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 12:41 PM
frisky it happened pretty much like we saw it on TV. Dave and the guys asked for a commercial break and Z was left standing on stage waiting. She really is unique. And Gilby seems to be the only one that really critiques her. The others are just in some strange awe and amusement.

The studio audience is told to applaud and act excited about every rawker. But most don't bother clapping for Z. They just try not to laugh out loud on camera.

But I have to say I would rather watch her each week than the boring ones. She will never never win. But she gets alot of response online every week. Just look at the posts about her. So until they get down to the F6 or whatever that have a chance at this job. She may just stick around for ratings if MB has anything to do with it.

Posted by sweetcprcrn2 on 08-01-06 at 09:02 PM
I don't care how skinny she is?! If you can't sing then what's the point?

Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 11:26 PM
not sure I'm getting what "skinny" has to do with anything. Help me out?

Posted by Snidget on 08-01-06 at 08:28 PM
BwaHAHAHAHahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm going to need a few minutes to process that.

ROFLMAOPIMP.

Actually this is one of the few performances of her I liked. Usually I can't tell she has any vocal range and this song did show that, but the whole presentation was a little um... other-worldly. That's one way of putting it, other-worldly.

Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:29 PM
Please, please! Let her go home this week!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-02-06 at 00:34 AM
I am with Gilby. Would rather see Zayra than Jill, Patrice, Dana and Josh. At least she is interesintg. Each week you don't know what you'll get. And you gotta admit she has talent. She really knows how to rearrange a song. Other pretty much do the songs how they were initially recorded. I am one of thsoe that loves Zayra.....for this band no....but she deserves to stick around. Come on....seriously...is anyone enjoying Dana's or Patrice's performances.....zzzzzzzz.

Posted by skye on 08-01-06 at 08:34 PM
I just figured out what it is about her that bugs the crap out of me.

Everything about her reeks of trying too hard.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-01-06 at 09:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-06 AT 09:46 PM (EST)

Everything about her reeks of trying too hard.

Actually for me, this would be Dana and Jill.

Zayra has her own style and she does her thing. I actually enjoyed the performance and as SN said, she changes it up every week and keeps things interesting.

Edited to remove siggie

"RE: ZayRa - 8675309/Jenny"
Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:10 PM
yep. I'm with Catty.

ZayRa - There's no D, dudes.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 09:54 PM

That was definitely interesting. The vocals kind of sucked, but I was surprised about how she aranged the song. I liked it and with another singer it probably would have been awesome. I think musically she really knows what she wants a song to sound like, but vocally she has a hard time getting the "feel".

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 11:01 PM
She really does not belong in this competition. I always thought that something about Zarya seemed awfully familiar and it struck me! I don't know how many of you out there watched VH1's But Can they Sing but Zarya oddly reminds me of Bai Ling. Of course Zarya has talent but she still reminds me of the lady. I'm a bit annoyed with her performances and I really couldn't see anyone taking her seriously after tonight's performance and yet another ridiculous outfit.

"Magni - Clocks"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:34 PM
Hmmm...sounds like a cover band to me. Didn't do anything exciting and different, other than begging the audience to make noise because they were too quiet.

Copied Chris Martin's every lick. Not impressed.

"RE: Magni - Clocks"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 08-01-06 at 08:35 PM
Crappy sentimental crap about missing his kid's first steps. So the SuperNova tools are going to fly his family in from Iceland.

Please bring Z's family. I would much rather see that freak show...

Posted by skye on 08-01-06 at 08:37 PM
I'm picturing the cast of Carnivale.

Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:40 PM
I liked his performance. It wasn't exciting, but I thought it was still good.

Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:12 PM
The jump part was exciting. They didn't get it a good angle on it though. I like him. "Mr. Consistency"?

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 09:56 PM

He needs to pick better songs. I must confess I don't really like Coldplay too much. I would have liked to see him attempt to amp it up a bit more. Although, the song may be less interesting without the high vocal range.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 12:46 PM
I find Coldplay kind of boring. So that is a mark against Magni even before he starts. He did a good imitation of the song. But he seemed to be trying too hard to be like Chris Martin. I would have liked it better if he had changed it up some. But a good performance for what he had to work with.

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 11:02 PM
I wasn't impressed either. But I did tear up over the family moment. Is it just me or is this guy getting more attractive?

"Jill - Don't You Forget About Me"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:37 PM
Any child of the 80's is gonna hate this. Trust me on this.

OMG. She sucks. Screaming, and using the mike stand as a strip pole. Some habits never die.

She's boring and slow, and then she screams for some reason.

If John Hughes were dead, he'd be rolling in his grave right now.

"RE: Jill - Don't You Forget About Me"
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:42 PM
I am a child of the 80's, and you're right. You are so freakin' right.

Am I the only one who, when looking at Jill, sees a rock star's girlfriend instead of a rock star?

Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:50 PM
*snort*

Not steady girlfriend, though. She's very groupie-ish.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-01-06 at 09:46 PM
I feel like I'm watching a Lifetime movie of the week with Jill. She's just bad.

Posted by skye on 08-01-06 at 08:43 PM
*wipes away a tear*

I have to go listen to "Glittering Prize" and mourn my lost youth.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 09:58 PM
Any child of the 80's is gonna hate this. Trust me on this.

Yes, I am. Yes, I did. It was B-A-D. Time to go home Jill.

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 11:03 PM
I agreed with Tommy, Jill should have sang it on a lower note. All the girl does is scream, I'm so over it.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 12:54 PM
Well I have never liked Jill. And she didn't help change my mind this week. Still don't like her. Time for her to go home.

She screamed and jumped around. I believe she thinks she can use her sex factor to win this. But it's not working. Gilby actually ran away from her last week. I think that has her confused. She doesn't know what else to do. And when she is given a reason for her problems she gets defensive and won't shut up. It was said she stayed on stage for 20 minutes arguing her point with SN and Dave. She couldn't just accept it and leave.

"Is it wrong..."
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:40 PM
...that I want to wrestle in a kitty kiddie pool with Tommy Lee?

"RE: Is it wrong..."
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:42 PM
When will the video be available?

"Ryan - Losing My Religion"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:44 PM
Ryan looks like Michael Keaton.

With that said *click*, hmmm...changing the harmony...not usually a good sign. Risky.

I liked that! I liked his interpretation. Dark and brooding. Vocals were good, too.

"RE: Ryan - Losing My Religion"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-01-06 at 09:48 PM
That performance was GREAT and deserves the "anchor" tomorrow night. WOW!! Finally for the last 2 weeks Ryan has come out to show what he's got.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 09:59 PM
Very good. He seems to be getting more comfortable and showing what he is capable of. Really good performance.

Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:14 PM
I got all kinds of chills. That was fantastic. Definite encore. No question. It was the best performance of the night. One of the best of the whole season.

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 11:04 PM
Ryan really impressed me this week,which was great because he never has before.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 08-01-06 at 11:41 PM
Anchor ANchor ANChor ANCHor ANCHOr ANCHOR!!!

Posted by SherpaDave on 08-02-06 at 01:03 PM
Amen to that. And wasn't it great to see him SMILE after the performance? Not serial killer postal worker smile, but really happy smile? Guy's got a nice smile and I'd never have guessed it til last night.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 01:00 PM
I thought Ryan did great. Kind of reminded me of when MiG brought out the piano last year. And Ryan had something different going on with his hair. It was a different Ryan and I liked it.

"Lucas - missed the song title"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:47 PM
Turn around, bright eyes.

Seriously, he just spent a full 10 seconds with his back to the audience.

Can't really hear him. He isn't projecting well.

What a mess.

TURN AROUND!!

Oh, that was bad. No charisma, no stage presence during that song. He was off in a different world.

"LuKas"
Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:18 PM
He had an off night. Forgot the lyrics. Worried about his "softer" voice. My poor baby. The charisma was still there though. He just looked uncomfortable. Because he was. He's has TONS of extra credit with me, so it's all good. He owned up to everything. Took it like a man. I wish they'd have showed more of the judges comments. People had me nervous about it until somebody over at rockband told us what the judges said.

"RE: LuKas"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-01-06 at 10:31 PM
I'm not worried about him either, Glow. I remember last year my man JD had his disasterous night with "We are the Champions" and never looked back and won the whole darn thing. Lukas is still one of the top contenders for the thing and runs circles around many of the other in charisma & stage presence.

"RE: LuKas"
Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:33 PM
ugh. This wasn't that bad. LOL.

"RE: Lucas - missed the song title"
Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 11:04 PM
I wasn't much into this performance either. My problem with Lucas is that it is difficult for me to understand a word he is saying.

"RE: Lucas - missed the song title"
Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 11:16 PM
Well, I've never had any problems understanding what he's saying. The reason it was difficult to understand him this week was because he wasn't really saying words sometimes and sometimes he made them up.

*shakes head* my poor baby

"Lukas"
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 08:49 PM
He spent too much time facing the drummer. And just pacing back and forth. I still like listening to his voice, but this performance was not so good.

"RE: Lukas"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-01-06 at 09:49 PM
Shockingly bad. At least he admitted that he forgot the lyrics.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 10:01 PM

I think Lucas is getting played out. He hasn't yet shown he can "do anything". It's always the same growling, unintelligable song. I'm getting bored of him.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 01:06 PM
On a so-so performance I still find Lukas more entertaining than half the other rawkers on the show. So it will all work out. I just wish he would fight for the perfect song. But I guess he doesn't really like covers and doesn't care what he is left with. I did like his jacket. And I can't blame Lukas for turning around. If I had the House Band behind me I would keep turning around to look too. And the fact he was looking to Nate for guidance means he might look to T Lee also when they are on stage together. Maybe this fact wasn't lost on Tommy.

Posted by Glow on 08-02-06 at 01:49 PM
*follows Loree around*
Hold me, please.

"Storm Large - Changes"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:55 PM
Starting off all mellow and touchy-feely.

Dressed in a conservative black suit, Storm is very subdued. Her vocals are really good.

Liked it. She really did the lyrics justice. I actually listened to the lyrics.

"RE: Storm Large - Changes"
Posted by arkiegrl on 08-01-06 at 09:01 PM
This was excellent. I'm blown away.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 10:03 PM

I think she is the rocker most comfortable on the stage. She always commands attention. Great vocals.

Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:21 PM
She's sooooooooo beautiful. I loved this performance. She certainly changed it up. Her voice was great. Her emotion was great. Love her.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 10:25 PM
She's sooooooooo beautiful.

She is.

Love her.

I do.

Posted by nazpink on 08-01-06 at 11:05 PM
I agree 100% with you Frisky.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 01:09 PM
I loved this performance. I think Storm is my fave female on the show. And she didn't do the freaky eyes this time. That is always distracting and I am always happy when she doesn't do it.

"Dana - Baba O'Riley"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 08:58 PM
She's really improved from the early days when she was too Amican Idolish. Maybe it's the straight hair.

Vocals are so-so.

"RE: Dana - Baba O'Riley"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-01-06 at 09:50 PM
She can sing but she is so wrong for this competition. No matter how much she squints her eyes, she is not a rock chick. Oooh, she's getting a tattoo tomorrow. THIS is trying to hard.

Posted by cheesybread on 08-01-06 at 10:06 PM

I give her an A for effort. She is learning and getting better but I agree it just doesn't seem like her. At least she is likable, though.

Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:22 PM
She's so obviously acting the part. It disturbs me.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-02-06 at 00:36 AM
What distrurbs me is I actually think she is planning on getting that tattoo tomorrow. Please Dana...be yourself!

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 01:11 PM
I think Dana is really improving. She is the youngest and seems to really listen to instruction. She is trying so hard. She has a very powerful voice. I still do not think she is in any way right for this band. But it is interesting to watch her grow.

"Early Results"
Posted by frisky on 08-01-06 at 09:03 PM
Toby
Zayra
Jill

"RE: Early Results"
Posted by Aussiemama on 08-01-06 at 09:11 PM
OK maybe it is the Aussie in me and I know Toby was not the greatest tonight but come on - bottom three? Patrice needs to be there more than him......

My opinion - Jill needs to go home! Zayra sucks but she is entertaining.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-01-06 at 09:52 PM
One out of three is right. Jill needs to go. Dana should also be in the bottom three, along with Patrice.

Posted by Glow on 08-01-06 at 10:24 PM
two of the three are right. Ain't no way Toby should be down there. Ain't no way Dana shouldn't be. I just hope whoever it was wherever they were don't start power voting for Jill again. off.my.television.now.

Posted by Loree on 08-02-06 at 01:15 PM
Toby being in the bottom 3 at the close of the show is going to get a reaction when it's announced tonight. It will be his first time standing with the group. But I doubt he will stay there. The show had not aired yet in Australia and I am sure he gets a large amount of his votes then.

I have to say though that his performance was one of the most boring for me.

"Great Show - bottom three all wrong."
Posted by cycles2k on 08-02-06 at 00:08 AM
That was my favorite show this season. It was almost as good as the show in Rock Star INXS that they had the choir (does anyone else remember that one?).

Losing My Religion is one of my all time favorite songs and Ryan nailed it. There is no way he should be in the bottom three.

"RE: Great Show - bottom three all wrong."
Posted by Glow on 08-02-06 at 00:12 AM
The bottom 3 I saw was Toby, Jill, and Zayra.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 08-02-06 at 00:18 AM
No worries cycles, Ryan will NOT be in the bottom three. Must admit that I was so inspired by Ryan tonight that this was the first week this season I actually voted. Think the whole voting thing is a sham. Also tossed a couple votes toward my girls Dilana & Stormy.

Posted by Glow on 08-02-06 at 00:27 AM
oh good. phew. I thought I was going to have to stay awake for another hour or so voting for him some more. I panicked.

I've always liked Ryan very much. I'm listening to his myspace stuff right now. Haven't listened in a few days. He inspired me to take Lukas off constant replay (only for the time being). I should probably be sleeping though.

"RE: Great Show - bottom three all wrong. (apologies)"
Posted by cycles2k on 08-02-06 at 00:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 00:58 AM (EST)

Oops, my apologies. Bottom three was Toby Zayra and Jill. I guess I misread.

I should have read some of the other posters before commenting.

I too was thinking of spending an hour voting for Ryan.