URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 338
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Favorite/memorable jokes from this season"

Posted by badfatty on 08-12-06 at 10:17 PM
What are your favorite jokes from all/any of the comics this season?
They always make me laugh, but some of their jokes really stick with me, and I have some favorites.

One is of Roz when she talked about being afraid to marry a white man because if he wants out of the marriage he won't get a divorce--instead "he'll kill your #####, then call and report you missing."

Then there's Ty's stuff about people whose cell phones get cut off for non-payment, that the recording needs to say, "apparently the person you are trying to reach cannot handle responsibility."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Favorite/memorable jokes from this season"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 08-14-06 at 11:15 AM
For me, I still laugh at Josh talking to the judges early in the season. They asked why he wanted to go into comedy, and he responded, "What else was I going to do, become a traffic cop?" and then he starts making some odd, cop-like gestures. The guy never turns off the funny. Granted, he coasted at the end a bit, but after joking about being mistaken for Animal from the Muppets (or Sesame Street, whatever) he earned it.

Posted by Jadens Mommy on 08-14-06 at 02:39 PM
I'll never forget when Porter was making fun of the religous people who dance with snakes. I think the joke was something like asking God for something and the snake bites the person three times in the head...in other words, NO! It was the physical aspect that made this joke as funny as it was.

Posted by badfatty on 08-14-06 at 07:17 PM
I also liked when Porter said, "like someone's daughter died and their gonna give her ashes to some dude" referring to the guy on the boat trying to spook them.

Posted by Jenoc99 on 08-14-06 at 09:11 PM
I thought it was funny when Michelle was talking about being in NY and seeing cops riding around on their bikes- its so NOT intimidating- what is the officer going to say, 'get on the handle bars, I'm taking you downtown' or 'put on your helmet on get on the back, your are under arrest,' 'chinnngg chinnngg from his bell on the bike.'

Posted by susang on 08-16-06 at 01:03 PM
I liked this one by Roz, re: job interviews. "Why should we hire you? Cause I'm broke and need the damn money!"