URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 338
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Whoa!!! Need opinions!!!SPOILERS!!!!!"

Posted by The Jman on 09-23-03 at 10:02 PM
SPOILERS!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

Well,I guess we can say the *hit really hit the fan!!!! Who do you guys think Keith will pick??? Dave should've never opened his mouth!!! I know it's a game and strategy,but look what that one answer did!

I'd like to say Keith picks Dave,because I'd love to see the foursome in it! The only saving grace may be that Dave picked Keith to have the power and Tara lkes Charla.

Also Keith not getting along with Holly may help. Wow,this is going to be a real nail biter. I'm hoping or a foursomes final! Anyone who agrees give me a big Hell Yeah!!!!!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Whoa!!! Need opinions!!!SPOILERS!!!!!"
Posted by RaHead on 09-23-03 at 10:17 PM
I think that Keith SHOULD pick Dave & Charla..He doesn't really stand a chance in he!! if he is up against Scott/Holly & the jury (if you can call them that) gets to choose.

And what in the world was Dave thinking??? Making promises to everyone may get him kicked off when he really deserves to be there, at least he did B4 he started lying to everyone!!

On the REALLY bright side, LAmy is gone, gone, gone!!! I'm doing the "Ding dong the witch is dead" dance! YAHOOOOOO.

Posted by The Jman on 09-23-03 at 10:24 PM
Great point! I do think that Keith will pick Dave though. I mean they came this far? Plus Keith sys,"I hope I don't regret this". This would make me belive he picks Dave,because of all that's gone down between them.

Posted by EvelynisObsessed on 09-23-03 at 10:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-03 AT 10:36 PM (EST)

Great point! I do think that Keith will pick Dave though. I mean they came this far? Plus Keith sys,"I hope I don't regret this". This would make me belive he picks Dave,because of all that's gone down between them.

This was a weird show! I was so happy to see Lamy go, but the rest of it was bizarre. Dave has been strategizing from the start, but he always seemed like an honest person in the game.

To tell Holly that she was not going home I can understand because he was saying in their conversation that she had told him that earlier. Just a reciprocal comment as conversation.

But with Keith, that was different. To my way of thinking he went bonkers when he should have known that Dave was playing mind games with Scott. He and Tara acted like juveniles. (Could the producers have pushed and prodded this to jive up the last show?)

However, I could be all wrong and probably am, but I think he will pick Dave and Charla. I hope he does because Scott and Holly are jerks!

Posted by sbeck on 09-23-03 at 10:40 PM
But with Keith, that was different. To my way of thinking he went bonkers when he should have known that Dave was playing mind games with Scott.

Totally agree with you, EvelynisObsessed.

Posted by Cin on 09-24-03 at 08:58 AM
I agree and disagree with the Keith went bonkers statement. Yeah Keith got upset because Dave was playing the game, becaue now Dave is Playing the game against his own team. They made a pact for the final 4 and Dave should have kept to his team. If Dave can "play the game" then when Keith goes to save himself and Tara he doesn't have reason to be upset, cause by Dave playing the game, he's forced Keith to do the same....

Cin

Posted by sbeck on 09-23-03 at 10:37 PM
I don't think that Keith knows they'll be judged by a jury, but with all the twists, I'm sure he suspects. And he'd be a fool not to keep Dave and Charla.

Posted by CherryWine8 on 09-24-03 at 11:09 AM
Exactly... If Keith doesnt pick Dave and Charla there is no way they stand a chance of winning if they are judged by the originals.... If Keith sends Dave and Charle hame Scott & Holly will have it for sure.

Posted by sbeck on 09-23-03 at 10:28 PM
HELL YEAH! I hope that Keith kicks off Hawly and Scott. Anyone else annoyed with her "Oh my GAWD"? She is so annoying. This whole episode ticked me off. Mainly, Scott is a jerk and was so transparent with his "we have integrity, that's all I'm saying" speech. Dave should have just left well enough alone and not said anything at Pandora's Box (although I didn't think he said yay or nay as to whether he'd vote Keith off over Scott).

Quite frankly, if it were me with the choice, I'd kick off Holly and Scott, whp have never been particularly nice to either Keith or Tara. I think that since both Keith and Tara were prepared to give the decision to Charla, he'll keep Dave and Charla on.

I can't wait till next week!!!

Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-23-03 at 10:40 PM
This was inevitable. When you're down to six and one person has the power to send an entire couple home everything will fall apart. It was very unfortunate for Dave that he made the comments that he did. It was a blatant lie to someone, either Keith or Holly and IMHO it was Holly that he was blatantly lying to. I would like to get on a pedestal and say how wrong it was and how sick it made me but to an extent I guess I can understand what they were up against. It definitely was not in Keith and Tara's best interest for him to say the things that he did and that is what bothered me most though again it was a bit of a kill or be killed situation that they were in tonight.

If Keith has any hope of winning this game, he HAS to know that his only chance is by keeping Dave and Charla. If the origiHO's have any say in the matter AT ALL, the only way to guarantee a barbie win is for both barbies to be the final couples. Scott almost had me with his honesty, integrity BS until they reminded me about how he wanted to kick Charla off and then went to her to try and schmooze her right aftewards. This was many episodes ago so I forgot about it but in light of that, I am reminded of the let he without sin cast the first stone and Scott is not without sin.

Dave may have just pulled a Nicole (S7 fans know what I'm talking about) and I would hate to see that happen cause he would take Charla down with him and she has played a flawless game IMHO. I think the biggest penance that Dave will have to pay for his gaff is Charla's dissappointment in him which if I were Dave would be more important than any Ultimate Prize after the way they have bonded over the summer.

My sad nickel.

Posted by The Jman on 09-23-03 at 10:41 PM
Charla is definately going to be the wild card,no doubt about it!! Also something else that's interesting. The rumor that the castoffs will vote on who wins??

In next weeks previews,Amanda says that you'll have to earn the chance to win the big prize. Does that mean that the castoffs won't vote on who wins??

"RE: Dave screwed up, then "imploded""
Posted by RollDdice on 09-25-03 at 01:17 PM
sbeck wrote: Dave should have just left well enough alone and not said anything at Pandora's Box (although I didn't think he said yay or nay as to whether he'd vote Keith off over Scott).
--------------------------------
Dave has chosen his words carefully in the past and managed to "thread the needle" with his replies. (example: Dave to Bo-"I reget being pressured by the group into voting you off" does not mean"I won't ever vote you off.")

In this case (9/23 in PandBox), Keith asked Snott, "Do you think it would have entered his mind to take me out?" Snott:"No." Dave:"Well, it was(in my mind)." Dave was just trying to plant doubt in Snott/Hollow's shared brain.

But in this case, not only did Dave miss the needle, he dropped the sewing machine on his foot.

Of course during this ep, Dave managed to screw himself into the ground in so many other ways that it's just too depressing to contemplate. He really lost it during the "Hour of Power" when he couldn't explain/defend himself. So much for strategy.

Hopefully, Keith will take the long view and keep Dave and Charla for the Final Four.

Also, everyone says "jury", but is there any evidence that the Rejects will return? Holy Survivor, Batman! Will there be torches to extinguish?

Posted by KCarter897 on 09-23-03 at 11:06 PM
Well previews for the next episode show Keith saying he's still not sure he did the right thing, and the way he says it makes me think he picked Dave and Charla to stay. I think he felt he "should" pick them, as to not get rid of Charla....but he still felt shaken by Dave.

So, I really feel from next eps preview that he kept Dave and Charla

Posted by RaHead on 09-23-03 at 11:17 PM
I really want to believe that Keith does the right thing. I'm hoping that Fux edited the heck out of this episode to make it appear that he MAY pick Holly/Scott. It has been those 4 (C/D/K/T) since the very beginning & they were really ragged on by the origiHO's seperately & as a group. I think Keith is smart enough to realize that he needs to take Charla/Dave with them to the finals. Then, for the fab 4, it really would be Paradise!!!

Posted by ugibugi on 09-24-03 at 00:23 AM
With none of the original evil still there after Amy, who was a b|tch to the end, was booted the producers had to come up with some sort of conflict.

Everybody forgets that Keith is playing just as hard as Dave. Dave made the mistake of saying what he did. He was trying to position himself in a non threatening light with Scott. Keith is doing the same thing. Keith even said he has something he could use and that was Daves comment.

The Barbies know they are safe with each other, but both Barbie couples are trying to stake their claim with Scott and Holly. These goals oppose each other, so there is going to be conflict. Both barbie couples were trying to make sure they would be the one chosen by Scott and Holly if it came to that. Now since Keith has the power, he will chose Dave and Charla. Dave and Charla would do the same for them. This was just a night of kissing Scott's a$$ just in case.

Dave has played the game very well, he slipped up tonight. Keith has also played the game well. Keith saw a weakness with Dave, and although he would not have taken advantage of it at any other time it is now cruch time and he had to do what he had to do. Keith stirred up the Dave and honesty business to help himself and Tara out, you cannot blame him. Dave screwed up, Keith out played him tonight.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-24-03 at 07:57 AM
Very Well Stated. I agree totally. It's sad that it had to happen but at this stage of the game there's no way it couldn't happen. I'd like to say I feel the producers hand in this somewhat and separating them and putting them with their competition for the excursions was the perfect way to bring a lot of this tension about.

Posted by tabbyjg28 on 09-24-03 at 06:13 PM
You were thinking exactly what I was thinking! It seemed as if Keith was just playing the game and even harder to get in good w/ Scott and Holly because I believe that he knows that Dave would've voted for Keith and Tara, but wanted Scott not to think that way...sorry, run on sentence. I was getting a bit aggrivated w/ Keith at tearing into Dave, but just part of his game...He's good, I mean look how far he's come to get Scott and Holly to trust him when just a few weeks ago everyone wanted him and Tara out. He segregated himself for a reason, and I think Charla's playing the game just as well as he. I saw in next weeks previews that Tara and Charla were holding hands while Keith was picking and Tara wants Charla there, along w/ Dave. They're safe, but Keith just wanted all of them to know that he had the upper hand and will do whatever it take to win the game. Keith has always wanted Scott gone and knows that Scott is his biggest competition and that Holly's a *****. Anyhoo, thanks for elaborating on what seems like the reality...Keith knows how to play the game.

Posted by sbeck on 09-24-03 at 09:42 PM
Totally agree, ugibugi. If Dave didn't say anything, the whole brouhaha could have been avoided. Someone else said that this was bound to happen, and it was. Now that they are only 3, in order to be part of the final 2 couples, they all need to play each other. Scott and Holly were like Iago, planting seeds of doubt in Keith. Keith went Othello on Dave, and put Dave in a bad place when he took Scott to talk to Dave. Of course he had to lie to Scott and Holly! Just like Keith had to play the honesty card. I hopw Keith kept Dave and Charla!

Posted by Haterman03 on 09-24-03 at 09:29 AM
i'm sure dave and charla stay b/c there is a quick clip from next that shows charla with different hair. she doesn't say anything but she's not crying or looking sad so i know its not the goodbye. and after tara makes a comment about them being the final four zooming on her face. she is smiling i know she wouldn't be smiling if she had to kick off charla.

Posted by superstepmom1 on 09-24-03 at 10:06 AM
I also heard that Tara toasts someone with short nails (not Charla) and I know I saw her say it, she just didn't look so happy as I would have thought with Dave and Charla there.

Posted by Lahela on 09-24-03 at 12:37 PM
Ok.. I can't remember which epi it was that Amanda said it, but she DID say that the former guests would be returning as the jury to vote on which couple wins the ultimate prize!

Ok..so YAY..Amy is gone! Buh-bye now!
As for the whole Keith/Dave nastyness going on last night..it's Dave's fault for trying to get the upper hand in the game. He was trying to hard to play Scott and get his vote. We already know that Scott wanted Charla gone, but are we forgetting that Holly desperately wanted Tara gone? She loathes Tara because of the whole "Alex incident!" It's lame but true. I am hoping that Keith chooses wisely and goes for Charla and Dave. Like mentioned before, without our Fab 4 as the final 2 couples, neither has a chance at winning the ultimate prize (whatever the h*ll is may be).

And I think someone was hallucinating, cause when they showed Tara toasting the final 4, they didn't show anyone else's hand but hers. So wherever you're getting this 'person with short nails' scenario...I have no idea! I think Keith will do the right thing and keep Dave & Charla....Holly sooooo does NOT deserve to win. She never really tried to make any relationship with anyone but Scott and she let Scott make all her decisions for her. It wasn't until the last couple epi's that she decided to jump on the "I hate the barbies" bandwagon!

Posted by Loree on 09-24-03 at 12:36 PM
I think Keith will pick Dave. I am guessing the editing wanted us to think there was a chance he would pick Scott or it would be so obvious he picks Dave & Charla. So they put together a clip of Keith having doubts to make us wonder. But no matter what has been said. I believe he'll stick with Dave & Charla.

Posted by mtopaz on 09-24-03 at 01:38 PM
Hell yeah! LAmy is gone at long last - so long sorehead! Keith's comments about "Amy, you have a good heart" and so on, was a classy if tongue-in-cheek way of telling her goodbye - I can only imagine how rude and trashy LAmy would have been if the situation was reversed, and she was kicking Keith off - so once again, Keith outclassed LAmy.

Dave: I think Dave is cracking under the pressure, and also under the awareness that his time with Charla is coming to an end. The way he looks at her, with such hopeless yearning, is painful to watch. She tried to reassure him last night that she wants to remain good friends. You could almost hear the voice in his head thinking "is that all?" Dave is a very driven guy, a very determined guy. I think he wants two things very much: 1) to win the game; and 2) for Charla to feel more than friendship for him. His look of desperation may come from seeing both goals slipping away.

I was annoyed with Dave for not being more straight with Keith, as in "what I do and say to Scott and Holly is all strategy, and I'm lying to them. If I had the power to choose, you and Tara will be staying." Instead, he rambles on and on rather incoherently, gets defensive which makes him look guilty as charged, and thus earns Keith's distrust.

Tara said to Keith that she could never vote Charla off. Keith seems to genuinely like both Tara and Charla, and to dislike Holly (well, who can blame him - she's such a screechy harridan!). He and Holly got into it the night they had to share a room, and later on she annoyed him again by harping on the same thing over and over, until he said "Yes Holly, I get it!"

Ultimately though - Keith will choose based on which couple he thinks less likely to win than he and Tara. I know Amanda said that the cast-offs would be back one last time to select the winner, but did she say that to the remaining players? I can't remember. If so, Keith will definitely choose Dave and Charla.

Go Barbies!

Posted by terigirl on 09-24-03 at 07:29 PM
You know that clip where holly and tara go at each other's throats that they chose not to show last night? Well, could that be in the next episode??? Just a thought. I really really hope not.

Posted by sbeck on 09-24-03 at 09:47 PM
I don't think so, because I'm pretty sure that in that clip, they still had their costumes and makeup on.

Posted by mtopaz on 09-25-03 at 02:33 PM
Yes, they were still in the Arabian Nights outfits. So I guess that clip was just being used as a hook to get viewers to watch, since it got cut from the actual show.

Posted by terigirl on 09-25-03 at 06:29 PM
Okay nevermind. Just a thought anyway. I can't wait till October 1st. I am so anticipating that show. Keith just has to pick Dave & Charla. If he doesn't I will be so upset. He's got to realize somehow that that is his only chance, you know?!! I have faith in him. He will do what's right. Goodbye Snott & Hoochy. Go Barbies!!!!!