URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3302
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Biggest Product Placement Ever"

Posted by mikey on 12-11-06 at 09:59 AM
EZ-Pass.

Expect next season that EZ-Pass will be a prize at one of the pitstops.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Biggest Product Placement Ever"
Posted by mia rules18 on 12-11-06 at 10:27 AM
And also the worst product placement goes to the Sprint phone call at the end. It looked like they were going to bring out their loved ones and they get handed a phone. Gee thanks.

Posted by mikey on 12-11-06 at 10:56 AM
Yeah, not even a video phone (we saw them on video, but they only could hear each other).

Did Sprint sponsor the calls to the losers as well? There must have been two other teams' families standing by).

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 12-11-06 at 11:28 PM
I don't know whether Sprint did so, but the CBS insider videos show that there were crews at the other teams' families' houses.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Posted by davwav02 on 12-11-06 at 11:42 PM
I put this in the other thread, though you guys might enjoy it too:

"Disagree"
Posted by Ricky on 12-13-06 at 04:06 AM
Call me crazy but I'm not sure EZ-Pass was intentionally meant to be a product placement. It just so happened that EZ Pass won the game for Tyler and James so they had to mention it on the show. Rob/Kimberely got stuck at the toll booth. The rest of the show was a foot race with no challenges so the cab ride WAS the race. How could they not mention it ?

Think about it, EZ Pass is only valid in a few cities - why would they spend so much on advertising ?

All we are saying is...Give Peace a Chance

"RE: Disagree"
Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-13-06 at 12:39 PM
On the other hand if a deal can be made for the TAR footage, EZ-PASS should hire the models to do their next ads.