URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 329
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What is Paula high on??"

Posted by wonka187 on 03-29-05 at 08:28 PM
Anyone catch how Paula was acting when she was talking to Randy after Anwar's performance. When she starts explaining her point, she's not really making eye contact, she's looking down and her head is all bobbing aroung...she looks totally wasted. Maybe its just me, but I don't think so. If any of you have Tivo, go back and watch that part and give me your opinions.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What is Paula high on??"
Posted by wonka187 on 03-29-05 at 08:52 PM
Then watch her when she spoke after Scott's performance...she seems totally out of it.

Posted by pheeann on 03-29-05 at 10:43 PM
I've thought she was high most of this season and even some of last season (when she was wearing the arm support). I thought, maybe pain meds for the arm, and I've heard she has back problems but can't she stay somewhat straight for the show? She's making an ##### of herself. Then I read this today on MSN:

http://music.msn.com/tv/hotgossip3

Bizarre.

Posted by uberspoon on 03-30-05 at 00:55 AM
It would appear Paula Abdul has gone away, only to be replaced by her evil twin- Paula Nicole Smith.

Posted by niteowl on 03-30-05 at 06:23 AM
Okay, I have NEVER seen her this f*&%%$#d up! She was scary, I was waiting for her to pass out and fall face-forward. Man, the other judges must be so sick of her! But you have to give her credit for paying attention most of the time...

Posted by smiley on 03-30-05 at 08:15 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought she was off her tree last night.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-30-05 at 09:11 AM
I said the same thing the whole night. I can't remember when it happened, but she turned to Randy and said, "You've been with me the whole time . . ." That is classic "drunk" talk right there.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 03-30-05 at 09:36 AM
Rum & Coke

2005 NCAA Biggest Wuss Award

Posted by kbpc3949 on 03-30-05 at 09:45 AM
She seriously needed some help last night forming her sentences. Did anyone notice that she told Constantine that that was his best male performance? Hmmmm? Have another Paula!

Posted by Reeflex7 on 03-30-05 at 12:07 PM
LOL, I caught that one too. I also noticed the "classic drunk talk" that Samboohoo pointed out, after Anwar's abysmal attempt at RKelly. Speaking of which, I also think she's "beer-goggling" for some of these performances (what do you call beer goggles for the ears?) because she's just in love with everyone, no matter how putrid their performance is. It's so obvious that she's buzzing on something that the show is going to have to address it sooner or later.

Posted by fairyprincess on 03-30-05 at 04:05 PM
>LOL, I caught that one too.
> I also noticed the
>"classic drunk talk" that Samboohoo
>pointed out, after Anwar's abysmal
>attempt at RKelly. Speaking
>of which, I also think
>she's "beer-goggling" for some of
>these performances (what do you
>call beer goggles for the
>ears?) because she's just in
>love with everyone, no matter
>how putrid their performance is.
> It's so obvious that
>she's buzzing on something that
>the show is going to
>have to address it sooner
>or later.

BEER MUFFS ??

Posted by Reeflex7 on 03-30-05 at 08:24 PM
Thank you.

Posted by angelworth29 on 03-30-05 at 10:07 AM
What? You've never heard the song "I Can Believe I Can Fly"? I had to call my friend that's in nursing school to see if she could tell what she was on.

Posted by Bebo on 03-30-05 at 10:22 AM
I'll include links to last week's Paula substance abuse thread and then lock it, so we can consolidate our discussion on what appears to be a trend in bizarre behavior (even for Paula).

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID69/316.shtml

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Posted by thndrkttn on 03-30-05 at 10:57 AM

EVERY time she spoke my husband turned to me and said "Yeah, she's drunk."

I am surprised that Simon doesn't crack on her about it. "Paula your whisky breath is simply dreadful."

Posted by kbpc3949 on 03-30-05 at 11:48 AM
The really bad part is there is so many people didn't even notice! uh....helloooooo!

"I think she might have MS"
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 03-30-05 at 12:57 PM
I know this is a stretch but I know a few people who have it and they are on MAJOR medication for it and get kind of loopy but can still 'function' so the appear normal (well a f'd/u normal) if you didn't know. Both have told me that it's (MS) is becoming really widespread.. probably is the same amount of people statistically but there are so many baby boomers that it's more of the population is my guess.

I venture this guess (which is probably a denial of reality, lol!) because I find it REALLY hard to believe that the producers and network etc would put the major amounts of money on the line that American Idol reaps in. If Janet's booby caused a stir can you imagine what the FCC police would do if the kids (the biggest voting block) were desensitized to an addicts behavior?
jmo

"Doubtful"
Posted by Bebo on 03-31-05 at 00:45 AM
As someone who has quite a bit of experience with this disease, I doubt it. While sometimes the fatigue (either brought on by the disease or the medication) can slur speech, her behavior was not typical of someone with MS.

"RE: Doubtful"
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 04-01-05 at 05:11 PM
Sigh,
well then maybe the Donald should visit her.

I just can't believe they would take the risk of a meltdown by doing live shows...

Paula, Your Fired!

"even on TVGuide.com"
Posted by tamarama on 03-30-05 at 05:47 PM
http://www.tvguide.com/tv/watercooler/

I confess, I love the website.

In today's watercooler, they recap last night's AI & make a few jabs about Paula being on the drink.

"RE: even on TVGuide.com"
Posted by claybemine on 03-30-05 at 07:56 PM
Are you telling me that not everyone has noticed Paula. My word. Half of the time she doesn't even make sense. She is out of it for sure.

Posted by mom2fivemonkees on 03-31-05 at 01:12 PM
Oh my goodness - I guess being nearly 50 and having 5 kids ranging in age from 18 down to 6 has completely destroyed MY sense of reality - I just thought Paula was "energetic"!!!! HA!! Sorry guys, but you have burst my bubble! Just kidding - all my kids LOVE AI and they are all yacking and screaming and I guess I wouldn't notice if Simon did a strip tease - yea I would - he's gorgeous!! LOL!

Posted by PreacherWife on 04-02-05 at 07:51 PM
>Oh my goodness - I guess
>being nearly 50 and having
>5 kids ranging in age
>from 18 down to 6
>has completely destroyed MY sense
>of reality - I just
>thought Paula was "energetic"!!!!
>HA!! Sorry guys, but
>you have burst my bubble!
> Just kidding - all
>my kids LOVE AI and
>they are all yacking and
>screaming and I guess I
>wouldn't notice if Simon did
>a strip tease - yea
>I would - he's gorgeous!!
> LOL!

LOL. One can tell he does work out!

Anyway...I figured Paula was an alcoholic because why else would she hit a vehicle and keep going? She was probably drunk.

Posted by seahorse on 04-02-05 at 01:27 AM
I saw Paula on the Leno show. She talked like she was high on drugs. Her speech was slurred. I really think she is high on something.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 04-02-05 at 12:35 PM
That was, um, an interesting appearance. Arms flapping unable to form sentences, yammering on about all of her accidents... It sounded like she had a mouth full of cotton..... I still am holding out a small part of me thinking that its not 'just' being drunk. It's embarrassing listening to her like it's somehow intimate and primal. I don't like it... maybe it's just thinking back fearing is that how *I* sounded when I used to party? Ugh disgusting.

Posted by bostonrobfan on 04-04-05 at 03:39 PM
I saw her on Leno, too. She was even worse than her worst AI performance. Wow. It was really embarrassing to see. I hope she gets help soon.

Posted by badger on 04-02-05 at 11:41 PM
poor paula. she's becoming miss haversham, and it scares me.

Posted by KLicK on 04-03-05 at 07:14 AM
Paula was on Nick's Kids' Choice Awards and had similarly whacked out behavior (AI won for best TV Show).

It's just embarrassing.

It's odd, though, that Randy, Ryan, and Simon don't just keep her away from the mike!

Posted by seahorse on 04-03-05 at 08:19 PM
Maybe they have no control on her outside appearances.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by newsie on 04-05-05 at 01:32 AM
she is sooooo high on oxycontin....better watch it paula..that stuff kills

Posted by jenlee012976 on 04-05-05 at 09:10 PM
High or not, I am sick of her and Randy. Can't they think of something origional to say? I have been an Idol addict but am ready to detox. Simon needs to do some re-arranging and get rid of them. We need new blood. Simon says pretty much what others are thinking (with a few execptions) and he deserves the respect as the owner of the show that foots all of the bills (I assume).
What use to be entertaining when one of them would take exception with him is now insulting and boring.
Did any notice tonight that he said "let's not get carried away you two" then just pretty much gave a one word opinion from then on. Yep! some changes need to be made, quick!

Posted by opinionated on 04-05-05 at 11:01 PM
Simon is not the owner of the show--that's Simon Fuller, I believe. Can someone jump in and clear this up?

Anyway, I agree with what you're saying about Randy and Paula. Not only are their comments generally worthless, but they never give Simon the chance to say all that he has to say, and he's the only one with something worthwhile to contribute. Paula constantly interrupts him, but he never interrupts her or Randy.

They should get rid of Randy and Paula and replace them with Gene Simmons--he was by far the best guest judge they've ever had, and he had legitimate things to say (I couldn't believe it while I was watching it--I thought Gene Simmons would suck).

Posted by PreacherWife on 04-06-05 at 01:38 AM
and he's
>the only one with something
>worthwhile to contribute. Paula
>constantly interrupts him, but he
>never interrupts her or Randy.
>
>

You know, you are right. What I would like to see is them take turns with their reactions to the contestants. Randy go first then next time Paula go first etc.

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 04-06-05 at 12:05 PM
Remember (last season??) when they switched seats so they spoke in a different order.. That was great Simon went first as I recall and didn't get interrupted. I wonder why they didn't keep that up.. at least once in a while. I'd rather have Gladys Night or Debbie Gibson that Paula's inane blathering.

Sigh, she's NOT forever our girl....

Posted by ElroyJetson on 04-06-05 at 01:31 PM
nd replace them with Gene Simmons--he was by far the best guest judge they've ever had

I thought Quentin Tarantino was really good too (last season).

Elroy Jetson

Posted by sandgirl629 on 04-06-05 at 01:14 AM
>Anyone catch how Paula was acting
>when she was talking to
>Randy after Anwar's performance. When
>she starts explaining her point,
>she's not really making eye
>contact, she's looking down and
>her head is all bobbing
>aroung...she looks totally wasted. Maybe
>its just me, but I
>don't think so. If any
>of you have Tivo, go
>back and watch that part
>and give me your opinions.
>
SHE ALWAYS LOOKS LIKE THAT, IAM SURE SHE IS BUT ARENT ALL FAMOUSE PEOPLE ON SOMETHING? SHE IS A BIG FAKE IN MY BOOK TRYING TO GET THE VIEWERS TO LIKE HER ALL THE WAY

"Anxiety pills"
Posted by Breezy on 04-06-05 at 10:01 AM
I think I heard them say this, this morning on the radio. I've done a quick search and nothing is popping up online. Anyone else hear this?

"RE: Anxiety pills"
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 04-06-05 at 04:32 PM
I want some.
j/k
I think.

Posted by ginger on 04-06-05 at 04:46 PM
Heck, like so many of us, Paula's just high on life in America!

And I am a toucan.

Posted by misngoodrock on 04-06-05 at 11:24 PM
I don't think it's being high on life, LOL. But I did see her on a talk show (Regis or Tony, can't remember) and he speech was slurred then as well. And her eyes look a little droopy. Whatever she is on I hope she gets off. She's a little difficult to listen to.