URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3285
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Simon pocketed the other $4,000,000 for his lawyer fees."

Posted by Estee on 08-20-13 at 11:02 AM
Two completely unconnected things recently happened in the mostly-unpopulated land of X-Factor.

1. Tate's first release came out and sold 16,859 copies. Remember Tate? Won last season? Surely you remember Tate. Don't you? His record label doesn't, because he's no longer listed on their website. But that just has to be a code error, because surely no one would forget who won X-Factor two years -- last year. I meant last year. Gosh, wasn't he memorable?

(Incidentally, he's ahead of Melanie Amaro, whose first album is on indefinite delay. To kill time while waiting, she's competing on an international X-Factor. I did not know that. I still do not care.)

2. The show quietly dropped the declared value of the first prize recording contract from $5m to $1m. (No word on whether it's still paid out over five years. Or, given that it's a recording contract, at all.)

No connection between those two things whatsoever.

None at all.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Season #3 begins."
Posted by Estee on 09-11-13 at 01:36 PM
It's the least-cared-about show on television!

You'd swear the only way for this thing to get over ten million viewers would be Simon having a lot more sex.