URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 328
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dancing With The Stars #4 Episode #19 (endless filler/results?) East Coast Update Thread"

Posted by Estee on 05-22-07 at 04:43 PM
Please keep all discussion -- oh, who am I trying to kid? Please try to keep from falling asleep until the show finally gets around to revealing who won. They'll reveal a lot of other things along the way. How many Kimmel segments were initially rejected (all of which will now be shown). Whether Samantha's carrying a boy or a girl (which may be born before the closing credits). If Bruno actually knows what he's saying or just lets out random bursts of words (and bet on the later). But eventually, they should give out the Disco Ball Of Glittery Mild Non-Shame.

At least, that's the theory.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dancing With The Stars #4 Episode #19 (endless filler/results?) East Coast Update Thread"
Posted by qwertypie on 05-22-07 at 05:37 PM
My cynical predication:
After the audience vote (which of course the judges will NOT have the results of) and the judges' final totally unbiased vote, there will be a tie that will require a dance off in a few months time.

I've danced with Tribe! 2007

"RE: Dancing With The Stars #4 Episode #19 (endless filler/results?) East Coast Update Thread"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 08:55 PM
Recarp.

Parade of fallen stars, then going over last night.

Almost 10 minutes in and *yawn*

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:00 PM
I'm here for a change. Last night we were finally having dinner when it aired. I can handle a knife & fork in both hands, but adding the keyboard is really above my limitations.

Hoping either Apollo or Joey wins. I like Laila, but she really isn't at the same level, imo.

"More Recarp"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:02 PM
The whole history of the show.

"RE: More Recarp"
Posted by Estee on 05-22-07 at 09:06 PM
Mel Brooks presents The History Of Dancing With The Stars.

Part II.

"*snort*"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:08 PM

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:04 PM
Showing the DWS predecessor shows & recrapping the past 3 seasons. (Was the dude with the facial hair on "Strictly Come Dancing" a younger Len? The voice sounded very similar.)

"8 professionals dance"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:08 PM
To Bjork.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:14 PM
Wow! Whodathunk we had that kind of pull? Even after there were at least 2 other iterations of the show, it wasn't until Dancing With the Stars started in the U.S. that 29 other countries got on board with it. (Couldn't have been any International interest until we got involved, could there? Jingoism, anyone?)

"Even more history of the show"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:15 PM
It is pushing 9:30

"RE: Even more history of the show"
Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:20 PM
What'd you expect? They have, what? One more dance apiece plus scoring. Each dance takes 2-3 minutes, tops. They have to fill 2 hours.

Have to say, though, that, imo, this season has been the best so far in terms of people actually trying & in terms of a fairly tight end competition.

"Apolo Anton Ohno"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-07 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

Redoing a dance from the season.
They will do the Paso Doble with the yellow and black outfits.

Done to "Clementine"

"RE: Apolo Anton Ohno"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:27 PM
Standing Ovation.

Len: Commitment sums you up. You always come back stronger like a real athlete.There wasn't one step there I could fault.

Carrie Ann. What I love about you to is the chemistry you are a team and you work together. This is in the dance that shows off your ability to master every nuance.

Bruno. The energy of youth. You put a fresh spin on everything you do

Scores 10~10~10 combined gives them an 88 out of 90

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:23 PM
Hey, Snidg... There's "My Darling Clementine" again.

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:27 PM
I remembered, and I even recognized the tune in it this time.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:29 PM
Joey's wearing a queue. Guess he'll be reprising his Star Wars set.

"Joey Fatone"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:32 PM
Revisting the tango to the Star Wars Theme

Kim's oobies will be featured.

"RE: Joey Fatone"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:36 PM
Little girl in Kim's outfit in the audience.

Bruno. The master of entertainment. You method dancer. You squeeze everything out of the dance.

Carrie Ann. Put your signature mark on every dance.

Len. You've been trained, but you've never been tamed. There's a rawness to your dancing. Surprised you did a dance you got an 8 on.

Scores after the break, Boo!

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:37 PM
For as athletic as he's shown himself, his kicks seemed really weak. They didn't even match Kim's for height, yet we know he can. I was a bit disappointed, even though I think he's done a great job overall. (His daughter is still one of the cutest things going.)

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-07 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

10~10~10 I? am not shocked at all.

86 total with last night's score.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:41 PM
Getting predictable. Unless Laila falls down I expect she'll get full 10's, too. What a way to duck any real responsibility as the experts.

"Laila Ali"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:42 PM
Redoing the Mambo.

"RE: Laila Ali"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-07 AT 09:47 PM (EST)

Carrie Ann. I'm so proud of you. Everytime you come to the dance floor you bring sophistication.

Len. I know there have been weeks where I've knocked you down and you always come back stronger than ever

Bruno. The last standing amazon. You did a great job.

Scores 10~10~10

85 out of 90.

So same order as last night. *yawn*

"Random Family and Friend stuff"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:51 PM
they are surprised they are on (except for Joey) so proud of how they did, etc etc

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 09:54 PM
So, 1 hour in and the scores & ranking, except for adding 30 points to every score, remain the same in the judge's eyes. So, the question of the night is... Who wins the public popularity contest?

(Having said that, I will also say that I think this is , really, the closest final that the show's had, imo. These folks have all, including, for the most part, the previously eliminated, actually tried. And, win, or lose, they've all pretty much succeeded.)

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 09:56 PM
Couple with the lowest total and leaving right now.

Laila and Max

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 10:01 PM
From a dance perspective I think that was the right call. For what's to come? I think, in terms of classical dance, Apollo should get the nod as the winner, but I won't be terribly dissapointed if Joey does.

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:05 PM
That's pretty much my feeling.

It's been a good season with lots of people really putting it all out there, so there are quite a few people that make satisfying champions.

"Dance of the Losers"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:06 PM
First four eliminated

Probably showing us just why they left early.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 10:07 PM
Time for the eliminated contestant retrospective. Wonder just how much time they spend trying to nail the dance they've decided to do. No way are they (at least the early eliminations) just going on memory.

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:11 PM
Yep, I imagine they've scheduled a fair amount of practice time this past week to get it back.

"27 more minutes of filler."
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:14 PM
The next 4 eliminated or something like that.

"RE: 27 more minutes of filler."
Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 10:20 PM
I actually liked Ian's Elvis impersonation better without the wig. Too bad he waited so long to find his footing (so to speak). Technically, he was spot on from almost the start.

"Jimmy Kimmel"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:19 PM
Dance alone at home with Jimmy DVD.

"RE: Jimmy Kimmel"
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:20 PM
Worth the price of admission!!!

Clay Aiken with Guiermo's mustache, priceless.

"18 minutes of filler left."
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:27 PM
Do I get a prize for making it to the end of the show.

'Cause I deserve my name on a carpy disco ball trophy for this.

"RE: 18 minutes of filler left."
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:32 PM
Compare Joey and Apolo now going to the past winners.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 10:28 PM
Next up, how winning DWS changed winner's lives. Um... lessee... People assume they're great spontaneous dancers, leading them to avoid any dance floor ever?

(I know that's my reaction after almost 10 yrs. of ballroom instruction. They taught us - us, the boys & the girls - the coreography of the steps. They forgot to teach us (the girls) how to follow, or them (the boys) how to lead, properly. I do not dance in public. Ever.)

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:34 PM
When I've had the most fun is something I have no idea what the steps are and I've had to follow. Luckily those times have been with guys that really really know how to lead.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 10:37 PM
Lucky girl.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 10:41 PM
Since we seem to be alone here, how's that whole flexability - toe to chin - thing going?

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:43 PM
About where I was about a month in.

But that is OK, we have about a week left.

Got a bit more progress on the other project which was the meridians and the Qi Gong I've been doing.

Posted by qwertypie on 05-23-07 at 07:31 PM
Oh Mystic - my heart breaks to hear this! Seriously. I lucked out and joined the univerisity social ballroom dance club many, many, moons ago. The emphasis was on lead and follow and changing partners every song. They had many multi-leveled socials so you had to get used to dancing with many people and styles and many of us became pretty decent at dancing. It was an amazing way to meet people. It is where I met Mr. Qwerty. When we left the club (I was pregnant with DD), they had switched to teaching international style with emphasis on competitions. We have seen the spontaneity of the dancing decrease as people just practised with their partners. There was also more collisions on the dance floor as people would do their choreographed sequences of moves with no regard for the people around them and no clue how to modified their dancing even if they wanted to avoid the other couples. And disasters if one person forgot their steps, the other couldn't lead/follow the partner until they were back on track.
Have you really given up on the couples' dancing? Could I interest you in trying Argentine Tango (and don't take it from the ballroom studios)?

Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:38 PM
They did the journey of Apolo and Joey already so they can wait until the last possible moment to reveal the results.

They made some promise about after the break, so we've got what 6 minutes of commercials to sit through?

"And the winner is...."
Posted by Snidget on 05-22-07 at 10:45 PM
Apolo and Julianne.

"RE: And the winner is...."
Posted by djandy on 05-22-07 at 11:10 PM
Yeah! I tried to vote for Apolo and Julianne last night, and only got through 3 times. It was always busy, so now we know why. Congratulations to Apolo and Julianne. They gave us some memorable dances.

djandy

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-22-07 at 10:48 PM
Apollo wins. Joey looks disappointed. Julie calls out Happy Birthday! (huh?) And, the two people in North America who seem to be watching are done for another season.

Night Snidg. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Posted by MasterTech on 05-22-07 at 10:55 PM
>Apollo wins. Joey looks disappointed. Julie
>calls out Happy Birthday! (huh?)

Today, May 22nd, is Apolo's birthday.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-23-07 at 00:03 AM
Ah. Kinda figured that was what it was, but the birthday alerts in the paper didn't mention it & I didn't bother to look it up. Great b'day present for him though. (Surprised the show didn't play that up.)

Posted by sharnina on 05-23-07 at 02:18 AM
Great play-by-play, mystic and snidget. I would join you guys on this but I don't see the show for 3 more hours after you do. And my computer is in my bedroom (no TV in the BR). Both of you have done an awesome job of recapping and commenting - very entertaining and a fun read week after week.

And now... YEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I'm so glad Apolo won! I would've been happy for Joey but I was sure rootin' for Apolo. We actually managed to get all 15 of our votes in for him last night. I'm looking forward to next season.

I want to add that I thought Laila Ali was a class act throughout the entire season. She showed women and girls of all ages that we don't have to fit into the supermodel stick image in order to be beautiful. We can all embrace who we are and enjoy life.

That is all.

Save the cheerleader, save the world.
Are you on the list? Someone flies, someone dies.

Shar's World

Posted by dragonflies on 05-23-07 at 11:26 AM
I agree with Sharnina. Thanks to Snidget & Mystic for keeping on keepin on with posting! I always DVR and watch later, so I don't visit here until way after the fact.

Yay Apollo! And Happy Belated Birthday!

Posted by sharnina on 05-23-07 at 04:51 PM
Wanted to add one of the funniest verbal exchanges between partners this season.

Alex: Don't question the system.
Paulina: That's what they said in the communist countries
Alex: That's where I'm from.
Paulina: Yeah, that's why we both left.

Save the cheerleader, save the world.
Are you on the list? Someone flies, someone dies.

Shar's World