URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 328
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What's with the Ishe lovers?"

Posted by zombie29 on 06-02-05 at 04:55 PM
What’s up with all the “Ishe was crucified on the show”, “everyone talked about Ishe”, “they edited the show to make Ishe look bad”, “Ishe is the best fighter”, “if Ishe had another round he would have won”.

When Ishe and Sergio fought, Sergio did what he had to do in the time allotted for him to win the fight, Ishe didn’t. It’s even sadder to hear Ishe saying (if that’s Ishe) “if I had 10 more seconds he would have been knocked out”. Though that may have been true (though we could only assume), he didn’t have 10 more seconds. Also, why is Ishe saying “LETS SEE HOW LONG THEY PROTECT THEY’RE BABY, (SERGIO) AND KEEP HIM AWAY FROM ME.” Though he deserves a rematch, he doesn’t deserve the next fight with Sergio (he didn’t fight the main fight or even make it to the final four). I like the idea of him fighting Alfonso first and the winner getting Sergio. Maybe in a rematch with Sergio, Ishe would be the better fighter but until then we won’t know. He is a great fighter but so many people on this board talk about Ishe like his sh#t is made of gold. Anyway, it’s great to see people are still excited over The Contender and keeping the hope for some more fights. You could now attack, later.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What's with the Ishe lovers?"
Posted by AgentNermal on 06-02-05 at 08:57 PM
Ishe is a great fighter period....5 round fights definetely benefit certain fighters. I would not go so far as to say that Ishe was crucified on the show..but if you check the highlights from Yahoo compared to what was showed on television, people might agree Ishe was put in a bad light for some reason. For example, why did they say that the judges were unanimous in their decision for sergio in their fight against each other? On The Contender website, it says the decision was split. Why lie on the show? Also, in one of Ishe's arguments with Jesse, they show him as the instigater...but if you watch the whole version on Yahoo, it is obvious that Jesse was the one who started the argument...I am not disagreeing with you or agreeing with you....just something interesting to think about...

Posted by PagongRatEater on 06-03-05 at 01:00 PM
To be fair, the show never said by WHAT kind of decision gave Sergio the victory. It was a sin of omission by not stating that it was a split decision, rather than an outright lie that stated Sergio won unanimously. They just called Sergio as the winner without revealing that it was a split decision and did so for no apparent reason except to potentially torpedo Ishe's claim that he was robbed.

Posted by AgentNermal on 06-02-05 at 09:02 PM
i do agree that Ishe should not get a rematch with Sergio..yet. He should fight Peter or Jesse. I really want to see Sergio fight Alfonso. And I just want them to bring the show back...PLEASE! Why do we get shows like "I want to be a Hilton" on NBC, but they cancel The Contender?

Posted by Lorizh on 06-04-05 at 01:42 PM
I hated Ishe the first show, but at the beginning of the second show he showed some emotion regarding Peter's defeat and then I slow but surely started to like him. By the time he fought his first fight with Babyface I LOVED him and his family, I thought he was very emotional and showed a lot of respect and caring for the other fighters and their families. The showed the bad side of him and Babyface for dramatics. The point is that the show is for entertainment (notice I say "is" not "was" I am still holding out hope) and to have a rivalry going on was good television.

I had Ishe pegged as the winner, I was pissed Sergio won that fight, not because it was Sergio, but because I believed Ishe won it. However, it was edited so I didn't see the whole fight like the judges.