URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 327
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"More on the Nov. 17th Challenge"

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 11-11-05 at 02:03 AM
Not much of a spoiler, but it's something. Please forgive the PR:

XM Satellite Radio Takes Center Stage on Donald Trump’s “The Apprentice” on NBC Thursday, November 17, 9 pm – 10 pm EST/PST

XM’s Music Programming Team to Judge “Apprentice” Task as Candidates Search for America’s Next Music Superstar;
Winning Artist’s Music to be Featured on XM for More than 5 million Subscribers

Washington, DC and New York, NY – XM Satellite Radio, the nation’s leading satellite radio company with more than 5 million subscribers, and Mark Burnett Productions today announced that XM will judge the candidates and recommend the winning team to Donald Trump on “The Apprentice” on NBC, Thursday, November 17 (9pm-10pm EST/PST).

“XM is the biggest satellite radio company with the most music choices in all of radio,” Trump said. “They have a passionate team of experts who know music inside and out. To impress people of this caliber, the candidates will need to push their creative abilities to the limit.”

The two teams of candidates on “The Apprentice” episode Nov. 17 are tasked to find, develop, and promote a brand-new music artist. XM will size up the candidates’ work and choose the most deserving artist. The winning artist’s song will be placed into rotation on XM music channels for XM’s five-million-plus subscribers. XM will also air music specials devoted to both artists and a behind-the-scenes look at “The Apprentice” episode on XM Live (XM Channel 200) from Friday, November 18, to Sunday, November 20.

“Apprentice” viewers will be able to hear the songs by both artists and receive a special holiday offer for XM Satellite Radio when they visit the XM web site (www.xmradio.com) and “The Apprentice: Donald Trump” official web site on Yahoo! (apprentice.tv.yahoo.com/trump) after the episode airs.

The judges for the “Apprentice” episode are Eric Logan, XM’s executive vice president of programming, Lee Abrams, XM’s chief creative officer for programming, and Lisa Lisa, programming director for The City, XM’s Urban Top 40 channel.

“XM Satellite Radio is known for playing the widest variety of music by the broadest range of artists, and we put a special emphasis on exposing listeners to new talent,” said Logan. “This episode of ‘The Apprentice’ gives XM a fantastic opportunity to put the spotlight on deserving artists looking for their first break, and it showcases the world-class music programmers at XM that help make us the number-one satellite radio company.”

“The Apprentice” is produced by Mark Burnett Productions. Mark Burnett, Jay Bienstock and Donald J. Trump are executive producers. Conrad Riggs and Kevin Harris are co-executive producers.

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: More on the Nov. 17th Challenge"
Posted by Estee on 11-11-05 at 07:55 AM
This is actually kind of reassuring. After the White Men Can't Rap disaster produced with Wyclef's help, I was afraid the contestants were going to be the ones singing again. The promo trailer did its best to make it look like they were doing all the vocal work.

Is there a more certain way to kill your career than by hooking up with one of these minicorps?

Posted by ARnutz on 11-11-05 at 08:05 AM
I thought the same thing! Thank goodness we were mistaken!

I had visions of Clay singing "It's Raining Men"

Posted by volsfan on 11-15-05 at 08:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-05 AT 09:02 AM (EST)

I had visions of Clay singing "It's Raining Men"

Hey Hey! With Clay being a card carrying homosexual...I would assume he would surround himself with half nekkid men while trying to sing/rap the song so it would pass inspection!

Posted by DrKegel on 11-14-05 at 01:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I also thought they had to sing and perform. Probably no one would have listened to it to even offer an opinion.

But in terms of teasers and George saying someone committed "suicide," what's everyone's guess as to who that will be? I can't really think of anyone who's left that would do something that rash except for Clay. And Clay isn't going to be PM so .... ?

Any guesses?

For bragging rights only.

Although they've shown teasers before that had absolutely nothing to do with the final boardroom decision so ...